Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Hmmmmm... I thought everyone knew about Typos... Maybe your boss misheard you? Or maybe said boss is WAY out of the loop.

I am SOOOOOOOO freakin excited about Vegas. My momma agreed to take the boy and watch him that weekend, so I am totally there!!!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang..... I keep going from one thing to another. Now I've got a stoopid tummy bug. I was too sick to make my hubby's Ravioli B-day dinner, so I guess we're gonna move the celebration to Friday night.

Anyhow.... I'm feeling like this: :sick:

Swannie

Posted Imagemy wonderful GALS friends!

Oh Jilly, that was exactly how I felt in 2006 too....I couldn't believe I was traveling by myself to Las Vegas to meet up with a bunch of ladies I had never met in person (oh...and yeah, my hubby and son didn't help matters any....they kept saying "are you nuts????" :rotflmao: But needless to say, I was soooo glad I took that leap of faith. I'm officially registered for 2008 now and so the time to get off my butt and exercise and lose weight is going to be my motivation. So from now on....IT'S VEGAS BABY! Posted Image

Dayna, here's some motivation for you dear:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image (don't forget to click on them)

Paige honey....I didn't get in on time on the last floor to say "YES, I missed you! And study hard and do well this year in school!"

Frannie, are you really, REALLY going to come to the convention? I'm so serious about you taking a week or two longer and coming up north to stay with me!!!! I mean if you're going to get in an airplane you might as well make it last a while longer!

Jenniper, yesterday was great dear! Thanks! It's so much fun to get together with someone who understands me!

I never did get to tell all of you that God is already answering our prayers. When we went down to the bay area this weekend we swooped up B2 (of course) and headed to Ron and Sherry's house. Ron had decided, based on what the doctors had told him, to forego chemo and radiation and just enjoy as much quality of life as he had left. Well, it turns out that one of the people that go to our old church (Ron and Sherry's church too) is an oncologist for the air force and works at David Grant Hospital. She heard about Ron and asked him if he would mind if she contacted Kaiser Hospital and got Ron's records to review. By the time we got down there this past weekend she had reviewed his records and charts and talked Ron into at least trying radical radiation and chemo. She described all the different ways they could try and treat this. She was honest and told Ron that it would not be a cure but that it could extend his life four or five years. So Ron is at least going to start treatment and if it is too hard on him than he will stop....but at least he is going to try and where there is life there is hope!

Ron and Dan took off for a few hours in Ron's old classic car and Sherry, B2 and I stayed home and talked about the future....it was great therapy for all of us I think. So anyway, thank you again for your love and prayers my friends.

Jilly, I can't wait to finally give you a hug in person either! But who knows maybe....just maybe we will hook up before than (when you're passing through Redding...hint, hint).

Posted Imageto all!

Love,

Sue

Sue why must you torment me with such beautiful pics lol just kidding.

Hey everyone I am back for a while and am passing my classes which is awesome...now all I need to do is study for my tests tomorrow and then the day comes for me to have the evil teeth removed lmao. I must go for now and I miss you all

Paige

Sue - that is good news that Ron is going to attempt treatment that may well prolong his life. He remains in my prayers.

Lish - I am SO excited that you'll be coming to Vegas!!!!

Jilly - taking that first big step on your own can be scary but once you've done it you find it is really empowering. I am so glad that you walked through the fear and didn't run away in 2006. Now you are a veteran of 2 conventions, and a 3rd coming up next year. WAY TO GO!!!

Paige - good luck with the studying, the tests, and losing the wisdom teeth. I had mine out when I was close to your age and it wasn't too bad (I was put under too).

Swannie - sorry you are still feeling so poorly and I hope whatever that bug is goes away real soon.

Frannie - I'm so excited that you'll be coming to Vegas next year. Also - how did the openin of the bar go? I don't think I saw a report on that yet.

Was that Dr. Em who stopped by here??? My oh my, but it is nice to know the doc was in the house, even if just for a moment!!

Alice - I feel your pain. Do you think your boss doesn't know what a typewriter is, and thus is unfamiliar with a "typo"????

Mel - any word on the second interview?

We are in the process of converting 4 of our companies to a new accounting software this week. We are slogging through but there are always so many little issues to figure out and deal with we are going crazy!!! The regular trainer we've worked with for the past 6 months hasn't been available at this time so we had to work with a different trainer who seemed to want to spend most of the time telling us how he would have done things differently. I finally had to yell at him that we've been working with the other trainer for 6 months and we aren't about to throw out 6 months of work to start over from scratch because HE thinks the other guy should have shown us a different way to do some things. It is so frustrating when you have to keep starting over with someone who doesn't have all the history about how we do business and why we set up certain things the way we did. I miss our regular trainer and am thankful that in December when we have to convert the MONSTER parent company that we will have him here on site. So I am completely bushed, but I have a big pile of work to take home and get through tonight so I guess I had better get there and get started.

Hugs to all!

Susan

~remembers the last time she was put under...she started to sing POTO lmao~ Susan thanks for the words

Lish I tried to call you a few times to see how you were doing and no one picked up...what have you been doing girlfriend? :claphands:

AAAWWWW Sue....I think you work too hard Hon! BTW...the Grand Opening went well! Didn't have the turn out I was hoping for but it was fun and pretty packed... Of course I was frazzled cause I ended up doing a whoooole lot of cooking. I was pretty thankful for my Hubby cause he helped me tremendously and for Barb that came down to surprise me! Poor woman....she didn't know what she was getting into! :D

I just did a quick read but my heart goes out to all that are not well or are having Yucky times now...also I have to say you gals are certainly motivating the Heck out of me to go to Vegas even if I wanted to change my mind (which I don't) I don't think I would be able to! :claphands:

:kiss: to all,

*Fran*

Edited by ladyfran

This may be TMI for some, but there is (or was) an "adult film" star named Jerry Butler. Maybe he's one of those Mac tool guys now!

Yeah, I know who he is. He used to be married to Lisa Loring (Wednesday Addams on the original "Addams Family"). Can I say :flee:

Sue: that is so wonderful about your friend! I hope that his last days on this earth are very enjoyable.

Alice: a businessman who doesn't know what a "typo" is??? :boink: It's like an actor not knowing what "cut!" means!

Swannie: are you sure that you're not a germ nesting-ground? Tell those germs to beat it or I'll have to send :mopboyjackie: to beat them away!

I'm doing clinicals at a rest home and I drove 50 miles to it today only to be told that my teacher wasn't coming so we weren't doing it! :grrr2: You said it!

Anyway, hump day is over! :claphands: *unless that's a bad thing...* :lol:

Luv, Mousie

Alice: a businessman who doesn't know what a "typo" is??? :boink: It's like an actor not knowing what "cut!" means!

LOL, Mousie...that's an absolutely pair-fect comparison!

No word about a second interview... so, I guess that's that. *head in hand* I do have an interview tomorrow for a different job, but it's thirty hours a week w/o benefits.

LOL Jill... pair-fectly calm during B&G indeed! :D

Good luck on the surgery, Paige!

Good heavens, Susan... dinna work yourself too hard!

YAY Lish!! VEGAS VEGAS VEGAS!!

Congrats on your grand opening going well, Fran! :claphands:

And now I'm off to search more job sites...

~Mel

Jill AND Lish too!!!! WOOT! Can't wait to catch up with you again. Yeah, short trip across the country for you lassies, try 14 hours across the Pacific Ocean. Same went for Risa in 2006, 14 hours from Europe and then Celine from the UK. But every bit of it was, like you all said, totally worth it.

LOL Mousie, yeah good comparison. Man must have been hiding in the bottom of the barrel when they handed out memory cards.

Fran: Congrats on the grand opening. Keep up the great work. I know it will be a success.

Hubby home so I had better go say HI.

Hugs

Cat

Mel - I heard about a new way of job searching (it was on a local computer show last Saturday). It is call Job Fox (I believe it is www.jobfox.com) and was started by the same guy who started Career Builder. It costs nothing for applicants, the employers pay to access the service. He described it like a cross between Match.com and myspace. You fill out a pretty in depth questionnaire about your skills, and then they create a personal page for you. They computer match your skill set to employers and then notify you of any matches. You can be notified every time an employer looks at your profile, they can text message you so you don't have to be at your computer when an employer is interested in you. Since it is free for the applicants it sounds like it might be worth a try. I don't know how extensive their employer base is yet, since they are new and this was the first time I had heard of them.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Happy Birthday Erica, sweetie!!!

I'm good today...you know you are good when you are stressed and you drive past a street to get home that has a donut shop on the right and a Mexican bakery on the left and you can smell both sweet smells passing through your car windows....and you keep driving. :dance:

Yeah, I'm good! :D

Is it already Thursday? Geez! Where did the time go?

I'm still kind of tired. I tried to stay up to get back to my normal sleeping habit, but to no avail. I still got up early...but then to find out that the hot water was turned off in our building today. No notices or anything! You can't take a cold shower quickly, especially when it was cold from early morning rain.

We had a slight earthquake at night. I didn't feel it, but I heard my little battery alarm clock jump on window sill. I thought it was weird and figured...oh earthquake...still stayed in bed.

Other than that, still heavily working on my site, getting ready to hang out with local Gerry fans at another Scottish festival this weekend. More men in kilts!

~alice

:music:

Posted Image my dear friends!

Erica!!!! Where have you been girl? So good to see you andPosted Imagemy dear friend.

Oh Alice, have fun oogling all those men in kilts this weekend! Why do I have to live so far north!!!!

Frannie, there is no getting out of it! You're coming...and yes, I DO know what I'm asking when I say come and visit me!!!

Mel, good luck honey in the job searching! The perfect job is out there for you...I know it is.

Swannie, I hope you feel better soon.

Speaking of Gerry's or Jerry's.....think how I feel. My hubby's close friend up here is named Gerry (it's for Gerald though). Our phones tell us who is calling .... at least twice a week I get to hear the phone ring and this computer voice say "Gerry's Cell" "Gerry's Cell" Now his last name is not Butler...but it starts with a B......so...I'm thinking of adding B to my telephone's phone book cause than it would say "Gerry B's Cell phone" (oh yeah, I can dream!) :rotflmao:

hugs to all!

Love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Alice and Sue thank you!

Sue I have been busy with my mom but I am trying to make more time to spend here.

Well I got a new cell phone with a new number that I, for the life of me, can not remember without looking at.

Well check back later

Erica

Heya Paige! I turn off my phone after 6 pm so my Kid doesn't get woken up. Sory, hon, but I got your vm. And don't worry about the wisdom teeth. My surgery was difficult (roots frown around some nerves) and it ended up just fine. I got ice cream all night and I went to an amusement park 2 days later. It was cake.

Just stay away from straws. You don't want any dry sockets. I'm sure you don't smoke (right?) so I don;t need to warn you about that one. :kisswink:

:hugs: and good luck my little mini-perv.

:wave: hi to all Susan, Mil, Mousie good to see you, Paige I had impacted wisdom teeth and everything was fine, be sure and check with your dr about putting you on antibiotics before they pull or do anything to them ask him if he should not give you them before he starts. Just a precaution. Frannie good to hear things went so well, Swannie you and I have something all the time, its time we had some good times. I will be praying for you. get well soon. Erica I love your siggy and yours too Fran. Alice hi, Sue my friend I was busy today but had good news for once from my dr my cholesterol is good he wants itdown a little put me on zetia but my good part was good. also my sugar didn't go up it is still dropped one point so I am still trying to take off the weight and I exercise everyday Lord willing. Lish HI, Cat hi . Well the dr gave me a steroid shot today too so I feel good I have wheezing and allergies bad. He gave me an inhaler too for emergencies. But it was not my heart I was scared it was. I planted some pansys today and snap dragons and pulled up my caladiums for next year I dry them and they multiply each year. I love gardening and today I was able to for once in a long time. midnight is back from her vacation it was not a very good one but she is glad to be home. She is just tired. Yall have a good night I miss you when I don't check in. lu lu Betts :hearts::kiss:

WHEWT! You go Sue! I'd so list it as Gerry B! Lucky GAL

Raina - I hope you're feeling better soon sweets!

Mel - take Psycho Erik with you in your pocket on your job searches, he'll give you a giggle and have you smiling naturally on the way in! A smile is always empowering.

Hi everyone! My daughter had a fender-bender today on her way to class. Thankfully no one was hurt, but her car is pretty messed up, even though it is still driveable. We have an appointment to take it for an insurance appraisal and pick up a rental car on Monday. In the meantime she'll be driving my car, which means I'm in the minivan for the weekend. She said there were two other cars involved. The driver of the first car apparently was on the phone and stopped suddenly, causing a three car pile-up.

:hugs: to all!

Hello....just stopping in, I know it has been a while! I am subbing, still looking for a full time teaching job. I have started weaving again!! I am currently editing photos from the Viking Festival and looking forward to the Ventura Highland Games. Wishing everyone a good weekend.....go out and have some fun!!!

Weavnart

Hey Carol - so great to see you here!!! Can't wait to see the pix from the Viking Festival - and also looking forward to the Ventura Highland Games. October has become a verrrrra busy month, I think I have something scheduled every single weekend and in most cases both days of the weekend!! No wonder my house looks like a disaster.

Hey ladies...I hope we are having a wonderful evening...much better then the one I am having...I am nervous and tired and I feel that I cannot sleep. I am scared to think of what will happen tomorrow and my mom is worried about the insurance since it is not hers that is supposed to be covering me. I have heard many things saying whether I am covered or not. Do not ask me to ask my dad...for now I do not wish to talk to anyone especially about that. Anyways I have to go before I go crazy...maybe my men...excuse me our men lol can calm me down lmao.

Paige

Hello all. I have gotten in the habit of only posting on the bottom of the board, but thought I would change that.

Paige...I had my impacted wisdom teeth out a few months back, and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I hope it goes ok for you! :hugs:

Elissa, I am glad your daughter is ok. Car accidents are so scary and unsettling, even if no one is hurt.

I'm so jealous reading all about Vegas...I suspect that I will only get more jealous as time passes, LOL. I can't go, I will be at an HIV/AIDS function that I had already committed to. I'll just have to live vicariously...I am sure there will be pics and stories galore!

Some of you know me, most don't, since I stay below. I hope to change that, though!

Karen