Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Welcome up top from the depths, Karen. So sorry you can't make it to Vegas, but there sure will be pictures and stories.

Paige, sweetie, YOU should NOT have to be worrying about the insurance. That is stuff for mom and dad to worry about - you should just be taking good care of yourself and letting the parental units do the worrying about how it gets paid for. Allow yourself to enjoy the advantages of being the young 'un.

Hi all, just a quick flyby to see how everyone is. Ugh fender benders are such a pain but as long as no-one is hurt, all good in a way. I guess that is what insurance is for.

Swannie: Hugs and get better soon.

It's Friday here and we (hubby and I) have just finished with financial advisor. Seem to be in good shape for retirement thank goodness. Worked hard enough for it and am looking forward to "wanting" to work rather than "having" to. I love my job currently but it is tough going sometimes with so many balls in the air....afraid one or two of them will fall and bop me on the head LOL. Oh well, the pay's good so....

Off this weekend to find a Lara Croft outfit and plait for the Aussie Tart's con later this month. Wish me luck. Should be a hoot cause I'm only 5ft 2 inches and a little rounder than Angelina *snicker*.

TTFN and Hugs

Cat

Cat good luck with that. Id like to be Lara too but Im not that adventurous as her.

Susan Im not really worried about that too much I just know what is going to happen is all or might happen.

Well ladies today is the day and I am like really shaking and cannot type. If you all want to you can send me pms if you want to check up on me although I probably wont get them til I return from the dentist/oral surgeon's office. Oh and if I say something stupid and I don't mean it...please forgive me I might still be on the IV anesthetic fluid.

Paige

I hope lightning doesn't strike, as I too, am emerging from the depths!

Hello to everyone here! :wave:

Paige, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just follow the instructions your doctor's office gives you, and SLEEP IT OFF. Seriously, take your pain meds and sleep. Your body needs to heal after the procedure.

Elissa, I'm glad your daughter is okay. Been there, done that, and of course, the important thing is that all are okay. The old 'cars can be replaced' adage applies.

Swannie Anne and Betts, I'm sorry y'all are under the weather, dearlings. :hug99:

Weavnart, what type of weaving do you do? My grandmother was a rug weaver and had a large loom that she worked with. I still have a few of the throw rugs she made, and a set of blue placemats she made for me as a wedding gift.

Hope everyone has a terrific Friday!

:hugs:

Katie

:thankyou: Karen, Cat, and Katie!

Paige, I hope your procedure went well today. You need to take it slow and rest up now. :hug:

Betts and Swannie, I hope you're both feeling better today. :rose:

Today was my last day of physical therapy. Now it will be up to me to keep doing the exercises at home. My arm is much stronger, but I still have numbness in my hand and pinkie. My neurologist says it may never return to full feeling. We'll just have to wait and see.

:wave: to all!

Posted Image (thumbnailed)

Just dropping by to say hi and wish everyone a happy and safe week-end. :wave:

Paige, you'll be fine just take your meds and do as the dentist tells you.You may be a little sore, but very little. :rose: Just keep thinking about Gerry, that should help.

Betts sweetie, so the doc gave you a steriod shot and an inhaler huh.Those shots help alot.Actually the inhaler does too if it's a rescue inhaler.When your wheezing and can't breath they're great.My asthma has been kicking my butt this summer.I've gone through an inhaler sometimes before 30 days was up.My doc gave me a new nebulizer as my other one is over 20 years old.I hope you're feeling better now. :hug:

Elissa, thank God your daughter wasn't hurt in that fender bender.!!I bet she was probably pretty shaken up though.

Swannie, Hope you're feeling better.

I'm so jealous of you Gals that are going to Vegas and I can't go.My sister (Fran) better take lots of pictures for me to see when she comes back.Sue (Irish) will you make sure she takes pictures for me? I wish I could go but can't because of my disability.So you Gals have a ball!!!

Posted Image Peggy

Edited by chachababy

Guest greyeyegoddess

Elissa, I am really glad your daughter is ok. And I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

Paige, we're here for you!

IT'S CHERI'S BIRTHDAY! IT'S CHERI'S BIRTHDAY!!! Birthday hugs being sent to you!

~alice

:music:

Gosh I feel like I've been out of the SC forever! Where does the time go. I had myself a mini little breakdown but I'm all better now. :bonk: I haven't been on as much as I usually am but that's going to change. Of course my brother is coming up today for a weekend visit so I may be a bit absent for a few more days. When things get too overwhelming you just need to take a step back and relax and that's what I've been trying to do. I've been doing a bit of scrapbooking which is therapeutic to me. Actually, it's a bit of a headache but relaxing which is what I needed.

Anyhoo, I have a lot to catch up on which I will do shortly. I just wanted to pop my head in and say hi to all you lovely GALS. I'll be back to read up on everyone's day to day going ons...

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

Hello my beautiful friends!

Paige sweetie, you are going to do just fine. I was in my early 20's when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I had it done by the most gorgeous dental student in his senior year at the dental school. I can remember telling him how much I loved him after coming up from the druggie state! Posted Image

Ohhh Iliessa...you're a bad influence on me (as if I needed any help...lol) but I did it....now I get to listen to Gerry B's cell phone calling! :tasty: :bonk:

Cassie, I figure we work hard for our mini meltdowns hon! I'm just glad you are feeling better!

Elissa, thank God your daughter is ok. I think you have been through a hell of a lot lately too....you deserve a mini meltdown yourself...poor baby!

Peggie, dear Peggie, you know even though you're disabled you can still come sweetie! I would love to help you get around! I had a friend that came to the first convention and she used a wheel chair to get around. I was teasing her that when and if Gerry showed up I wanted to use her wheelchair because I just knew he would make it a point to go over to her...and sure enough he did. Right after he turned away from her she stuck her tongue out at me! :rotflmao:

Posted Imageto all you gutter GALS and welcome to the light! LOL

Posted Image

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to drop in, I know I was reporting on my injury and then disappeared, I'm actually just home right now on day passes for the long weekend (it's Thanksgiving here)...I have been hospitalized since last friday and will not be getting out until my surgery, which will be sometime next week. A large hematoma in my leg killed some of my flesh, and I am currently sporting a lovely hole...there is going to be some removal of "stuff" and then a skin graft, also a quick look at some tendons, although they seem to have shrunk more than been actually damaged...

I am trying to catch up on alot of stuff, so I will update more over the weekend...

Dawn

Oh Dawn,Posted Image

I'll be praying for you my friend!

Posted Image

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Dawn I hope everything goes well and will be praying for you.

Well everyone I am home. It was not bad then what I expected. I am on pain meds and have been told to take Advil for the swelling. It does not hurt that bad but whenever the bottom ones hurt..it hurts like a beech. I was also told that the pain meds would make me sleepy but Im still awake. Took my first dose today well actually not to long ago and two hours later I took my Advil. Everynow and then I have to put a cold pack on my face (also for swelling) and I have to keep it on for 10 minutes atleast. I ate some mashed potatoes or as we say it in the south mashed taters :bonk: and this evening I might get some mac and cheese..yummy :tasty:

Sue I was thinking about Gerry until they stuck me with nitrous gas and made me start laughing lmao.

Paige, Hon, glad everything went well. Keep on those meds for a little while, it won't hurt for long.

:hugs:

:thankyou: Peggy, Alice, and Sue! My daughter is fine! She was a little shaken up yesterday, but today she's back to normal.

Paige- I'm glad you're feeling ok. Be sure to get plenty of rest!

Dawn- I'm so sorry! Hope you're better soon! :hugs:

:wave: Susan, Lish, Cassie, Iliessa, Katie, Swannie, Suzie, Karen, Cat, and everyone else!

Hi GALS

Just a quick hi!! I still feel like poo! I cant get rid of this bug. :sick: I think I feel the worst today. I can't get anything done, my house is upside down. I'm pretty sure it will wait for me without picking itself up.

I have an interview with Blue Shield of California on tuesday, I'm gonna check it out. Well back to my bed where I must continue The Jury.

Love my GALS

Jen(Jobella,Jenniper) :pucker:

Paige, glad things went well. Just take it easy now. Hugs

Dawn: Ouch! is all I can say. Hope it clears up well for you. Thinking of you and big Hug.

For all GALS not well or under the weather, lots of big HUGS and take care of yourselves.

Saturday here and got a wig for Lara's ponytail. Now to put it together. All I need now is a chinese jacket similar to the one she wore in TR2, you know, gold with chinese dragon on the back. I don't want much do I LOOL>

Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating it.

Cat

Hey ladies thanks for wishing me well.. Well right now I am not tired and not much in pain. I can feel the stitch threads though and its weird but I am being told not to mess with it so I wont. I am taking my medication as always and taking one before I go to bed. Of course I have to be supervised when taking the medication since it is pain meds that I am on. My oral surgeon and nurse were nice. They made sure I was comfortable and asked how I was feeling even when I was getting tired but when I woke up I did not feel anything at all except for the gauze that was in my mouth and I had to write everything down since my mom can't understand me when I mumble somethin.

Cat when you find the outfit take a picture of yourself in it and show us.

Paige

Cat, I don't know if you are in a huge hurry for that Chinese jacket, but there is a seller on eBay called "Chinese Gift" who has those jackets for sale. If you give them your measurements, they tailor it for you. I've had two jackets made there (without dragons) and they are absolutely gorgeous, and the price is awesome (although shipping to the states is a bit steep!!) They are great folks to work with too.

Hope all who are under the weather or under the knife are feeling better. Here are special gentle hugs for you!! :comfort:

For everyone else, here are some much tighter huggles :hug99:

Everyone have a great weekend!!

Suzie

Paige - glad it went well and you're not in too much pain. One of the girls who works for me had the same surgery yesterday and she was hardly able to talk today, but she came to work and says she is working tomorrow to make up for missing yesterday! What a trooper.

Dawn - I'm so sorry you are continuing to have so many problems with that leg. I was at a golf tournament last week and told one of the guys about that injury (he is of course an insurance broker) who said there should be MAJOR damages due to you from all sorts of sources - the golf course, the distributor and manufacturer of the defective golf cart... Not that money is an answer or a cure, but at least all your costs and lost wages should be covered and then some. I am praying for a successful surgery and complete healing.

Gotta run - I have some cooking to do tonight and it is getting so late already. Hugs to all. I'll be away all day tomorrow, but should be back on Sunday.

Good Saturday Morning Ladies. How are we doing? Me I am doing alot better but I can still feel pain on my bottom teeth. Today my grandparents are coming to see how I am doing and to care for me while my mom is working. Like I said before I have to be monitored with the pain meds in the house but oh well Im not that addicted to them. Ill only take my advil unless I really need to take my pain meds.

Susan on the first day after the surgery you're really not supposed to talk for a while then after that you can start talking. I almost got in trouble for that...well not really. But I hope she is doing ok.

Suzie thanks for the hugs..just dont give me a tight one. lol

Morning, GALS!

Heya Paige! I'm glad you're doing well, definitely take the time to rest... I've had far too many oral surgeries, rest is definitely the key!

Susan, thanks for the info on that website...I'll definitely check it out.

Dawn, OMIGOSH, I'm so sorry about your leg issues!! :hug99: Prayers your way to get you healed!

Elissa, I'm glad your daughter's okay! Scary stuff...

Jenniper, feel better!! Swannie too!!

A big HELLO to EVERYONE!!

~Mel

Hello to all! It seems everyone is sick. My youngest daughter missed two days of school this week and now I'm fighting it. Yuck! I did have the pleasure of finally watching Attila this past week and also The Cherry Orchard. HA! I think every line he had in that movie was laughter. Which is fine because I love to hear him laugh. And now I know why you all gush about Attila. Hope everyone is feeling better whether from illness or surgery. :D

Hi there,

Think there are a few Gals in need of some medication,

Posted Image Click twice!

Hugs,

Anna X

Hey again all,

Muchos gracias for the well wishes...need lots lmao...home again today, it certainly helps my outlook...boring at the hospital..and let's not discuss the food. really not in a ton of pain, which is the only positive thing I can come up with.

Susan, you are right, and I have already retained one of the best personal injury firms in this city for my case. As for damages, the only thing I have to remind you of is there is a much lower limit on pain and suffering damages awarded here in canada. As for the manufacturer themselves being responsible, I think this was more a case of improper maintenance on the part of the golf course, it's all about the governor, which is what controls acceleration on the carts in the first place. This case could take quite a while, and will hopefully result in a settlement without ever going to court. I will keep everyone apprised, and hopefully have surgery by Wednesday. Anybody here had a skin graft? I haven't the faintest clue what it's like.

Hugs

Dawn

Hi there,

Think there are a few Gals in need of some medication,

Posted Image Click twice!

Hugs,

Anna X

Those are some pills I would love to get addicted to!!!