Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies how are we doing? I have a few more minutes before I have to go to bed. Mom is forcing me to go to school tomorrow and I am not sure I want to go. My jaw still is sore and im still swolen in some areas but I am still taking my meds and am about to take my Advil before I go to bed. I hope I dont look swolen in the morning.

Paige

Hey all! Jilly, that video is HILARIOUS!!

Dawn, best of luck, hon... thinking of you, you're in my prayers...

Good luck at school tomorrow Paige... if you're swollen still, milk it for sympathy! :D

For those of you who haven't seen it yet...here's the thread with the cell-phone picture of a new PSILY banner:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...t&p=1098908

Holy Spartans.... *gal down*

So! I have a story. On Friday I went out with an old high school friend, he took me to an Italian place and then to an Improv club (my face hurt from laughing... :D ) Anyhow, we were talking about Macs vs. PCs, and I said that PCs are better for poorer people like myself, because you can upgrade pieces at a time, and replace your hardware bits at a time, building your own computer, and you can't do that with a Mac.

He said, "Wait, you can build a computer? You know how to replace parts and all that?"

I replied that I did...there are still things that I leave for more experienced people so I don't screw anything up, but basically yes.

He replies with, "That is SO sexy!!" :lol: :lol:

Good times. :D

(and before anyone asks, probably nothing more than friendship there, but that's okay with me)

Anyhow! Loves to all! :hearts:

~Mel

Jilly - I finally got to watch that video and what a hoot!! She SO deserved that standing ovation. I'm not even a mom but I want every Mom I know to see it!!

Paige - I hope you are feeling OK in the morning. You are doing much better than the girl who works for me - she is having a lot of problems, possibly infection, and the oral surgeon tells her not to chew or talk much for the next 2 weeks!! The poor thing is really having it tough.

Ahhh... Mel....the sexy techie.

Yay, Mel! Oh, by the way, Mel, darling. Were you looking for a job? I think I remember hearing something...or something...

*waves sheepishly* Hi, everyone. Yes, I'm alive. I've been busy with work and my school's play just started rehearsals, so I'm wrapped up in that. But I still love you all, Gals, I promise!

Amber!! *flying tackle* Yo! Great to see you!! Yeah, I'm job hunting... gah, it sucks...

~Mel

Hi GALS

Good luck to all job hunting, that is one of my least favorite things. Hope everyone is getting better. I'm still getting my but kicked. Not only Bronchitis, but now PINK EYE. :sick: What the heck?

Paige, hows your mouth? When I had mine done I had dry sockets. That was no fun.

Where is my AUNTM(Jill) and Irish? I've been in the gutter messing with Big Mike. He's gonna take my hubby golfing in Vegas. That should prove to be interesting? :hmm2:

I have my psychological exam on monday for my Lap Band surgery. They want to make sure there is no underlying eating disorders. WELL DUH!! I didnt just magically get fat one day. :scale: It took years of practice!

Well, back to bed with me. I've got anitbiotics now. I have to work tomorrow. No sick time left!

Madame Angel!!! Great to see you around again. I know how busy life gets. We still remember ya, no worries. :kisswink:

Mel, Job searching sucks. I hate it with a passion. Luckily it will most likely be easy to find a job when I'm done with nursing school.

Jobella, hope your evaluation goes well. Pink eye? What the... :hugs:

Paige, good luck back at school. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Hey everyone...I did ok in the morning then evening came around and I started feeling like shite again...my mouth still hurt.

Lish I might call you soon

Jobella congrats on being pregnant!!! :claphands:

Paige

I shared this on the Lair thread, but wanted to share it here too.

My best girlfriend was having surgery this morning, so I was up all night and happened to run across an old movie about Rudolph Valentino. As I was watching, I had a thought about GB as the Phantom, and why he simply melted us in that role (and others)

Chemicals!

Yep! My theory is that Gerry has a certain masculine presence that fires up the "lust, pleasure" chemicals in our brain, giving us those overpowering feelings of attraction and lust. Those pleasurable endorphines (notice how close that word is to Morphine) we feel with a big-time crush. I think Rudolph Valentino had the same quality, and the same kind of effect on women as GB. Women actually fainted when watching Valentino in a film, and if audiences back then had seen Gerry's POTO, you can bet they would have fainted over him too.

So first..... we all succumb to chemical lust for Gerry, and then as we come to know more about the man, our feelings mature into admiration, and even a certain type of love.

So blame it on the chemicals, ladies!

(My friend came through her surgery just fine, and is expected to make a full recovery!)

Swannie

Congratulations, Jobella!! If it's a boy are you going to name him Gerard? HEHE! :lol:

Hey, you know both my Dad and Brother are named Jerry!! I might be able to get away with it. :D

Awwww, Jo. Same thing I ran into last year. :tissues: Next year, right???

Then I spent the Convention in the NICU, so I'd advise you not to pray the baby comes early. :kisswink:

Posted Image Congratulations Jobella!!

Picture is thumbnailed, don't forget to click on it.

Swannie, I'm so glad your friend is doing so well after her surgery.I know you must be relieved.

Today has been a mixture of good and bad news for me. The good news, my youngest daughter,who was in California over a year is flying home tonight to stay.So we'll have a house full.

The bad news, my half sister, who lives in Georgia, along with my father, called to tell me that my Dads been in the hospital for 3 weeks and they just put him in ICU.He's 84 years old and his heart and lungs are failing him, they don't expect him to pull through.The doctor said it could be just a matter of days.And of course I had to call Fran with the news.Not my favorite thing to do.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well.

Posted Image Peggy

Congratulations Jenn! That is pretty incredible that the wee one is due the day before the convention, but if you have to miss the convention I suppose bringing a new life into the world is about the best excuse around!

Congratulations, Jobella!! If it's a boy are you going to name him Gerard? HEHE! :lol:

Hey, you know both my Dad and Brother are named Jerry!! I might be able to get away with it. :D

You know the quote about killing 2 birds with one stone...you could kill three! :D