Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
jenn

10/4 - Zenn Electrifies Star Studded Sea Shepherd Society Charity Benefit

http://biz.yahoo.com/

Zenn Electrifies Star Studded Sea Shepherd Society Charity Benefit in Santa Monica, California October 13th, 2007

Thursday October 4, 10:52 pm ET

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(MARKET WIRE)--Oct 4, 2007 -- ZENN Motor Company (CDNX:ZNN.V - News) is pleased to announce that one of its all-electric ZENN (zero emission, no noise) cars will be auctioned off as part of the public auction to be held on the beach in Santa Monica, California the evening of October 13th commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.

The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society was founded by Captain Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace. Sea Shepherd's mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately-balanced ocean ecosystems, Sea Shepherd works to ensure their survival for future generations.The co-chairs and co-hosts of the Sea Shepherd Charity Benefit, "Breaking The Ice", are Pierce Brosnan and Mick Jagger. Expected to be in attendance are Sea Shepherd supporters Naomi Watts, Orlando Bloom, Uma Thurman Gerard Butler, Esai Morales, Edward Norton, Martin Sheen, Jeff Skoll, and Peter Beard. Chris Kattan will emcee the event. A major musical group will perform, and The Red Hot Chile Peppers will be presented with a "Rock the Boat" supporter award. The ZENN car will be present at the top of the blue carpet, and will be autographed by arriving guests, and then will be auctioned off to the highest bidder!

Ian Clifford, ZENN CEO and founder met Captain Paul Watson at IdeaCity (a meeting of innovative thinkers held annually in Toronto) in the spring of 2007. Clifford explains his commitment to the organization, "ZENN shares the goal of Captain Paul Watson and the SSCS for an ecologically responsible world. The fight to save life in the oceans and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through the use of clean transportation is closely linked. We are proud to support Sea Shepherd in any way that we can."

The ZENN is a fully equipped, neighborhood electric vehicle (NEV) with a range of up to 35 miles that recharges using a standard 120 volt electric outlet in as little as four hours. The cost of operating a ZENN is just two cents per mile (fuel efficiency is equivalent to 245 miles per gallon) and the cars are typically very inexpensive to insure. Retail prices start at under $13,000.

Gerry and Edward Norton in the same place...OH DAMN!! :thud:

Excellent find indeed!!

*starts humming 'santa monica in the wintertime'*

Okay, so not quite winter...close enough. :D

Whaddya think, Mousie? Good excuse to drive back to Muscle Beach?

~Mel

:omg: Gerry's coming back! Finally! Once again I wish I lived in California. You gals in California have all of the fun! Now maybe we'll get some more pictures of Gerry.

Kathy :claphands:

Well shucks, I'll be spending that weekend with a whole bunch of hot Scots, but not Gerry, at the Seaside Highland Games in Ventura.

Well shucks, I'll be spending that weekend with a whole bunch of hot Scots, but not Gerry, at the Seaside Highland Games in Ventura.

Hi Susan! Don't forget to tell Alex how great Gerry will be when he plays Robert Burns. Also, don't forget to bring a picture of Gerry so Alex can see how perfect Gerry will look as Robert Burns. But most important, don't forget to get a hug from Alex. :claphands: Yes, this is Kathy from Estes Park. :D Here to remind you of all the above. :rotflmao:

BTW....the Aspens are gold, the elk are in rut, the males are bugling their lungs out and all is well and beautiful here.

Kathy :wave:

Time like these I wish I lived in the West Coast....

COME TO THE EAST COAST GERRY!!!!!

Thank goodness!! Was beginning to think Gerry was lost in the Outback and was never coming back. They don't seem to have photogs there but we know they are all over the place in LaLa Land! 'Course they all seem to be on Britney's trail constantly so maybe we won't get any pix from this event-boo!

I'm glad we will be getting some new pictures of Gerry but I feel a little sad for him. I'll bet he enjoyed being in Australia without the paparazzi. Maybe he won't be so hounded in New Mexico. As much as I want to see him, I hope he can work without too much trouble.

Good news...yaaayyy, hopefully some new Gerry pictures. I'm sure coming back will be a big wake-up call.

:claphands: :inlove:

Edited by Dragon Slayer

Somebody tell Alice about Gerry being in LA so she can arrange to deliver the Furcedes quickly before he leaves again!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Yeah, Gerry's comin' back. Thanks for this news. :claphands::claphands::claphands:

No wonder Gerry likes it in Oz. He can go down under and just drop right off the face of the Earth. They must not have paparazzi down there or they have really strict laws that put the brakes on them. Anyway I'm glad that Gerry has a place that he can go to and disappear.

You will never guess who just came home from attending her husbands 50th high school class reunion

held in SANTA MONICA, CA.

What -- you can't guess!!!!!!!! It's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[giggling] Sapere ... whatcha doin' posting at 3am?! :rotflmao: (Glad to see ye participating!)

Glad to learn you got home safely, Anna!

:Welcome2:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Somebody tell Alice about Gerry being in LA so she can arrange to deliver the Furcedes quickly before he leaves again!!

Suzie

Umm...yeah, I already realized this when it was first announced, thank you.

Gerry hasn't been on US soil for some time for those of you keeping a GPS on him. Those who participated in the Furcedes fundraiser were promised that it would be given to Gerry or his people personally. This meant waiting for a good time to get it to him, while not bothering him at work or social functions.

He's been a busy guy but we aren't going to the charity function to give it to him, nor any other social activity he may attend while back in the area. There will be a perfect time and place. We wanted to let you know as soon as we actually got it too him, even if it takes some patience. Do you know that I've been biting my nails waiting to tell you fans? I think you'd be disappointed if we sent the item through another party. I would think that you would want to know the reaction from Gerry or his people. I would. All I ask is more patience from the fans. Gerry's been on a roll with his work and I hope that is what we all want from him. Until the delivery is made, there isn't much else to say about it. You can keep asking, but the answer will be the same until it is done. :dance:

~alice

:music:

[giggling] Sapere ... whatcha doin' posting at 3am?! :rotflmao: (Glad to see ye participating!)

Glad to learn you got home safely, Anna!

:Welcome2:

:angel2: Surfing Gerry Pics :angel2: :D Actually it was only about 1:30 here or so, so not too late. :D This is the only time I really get to surf in peace. I have a 1 years old and a 3 year old :D

The official site is here: Sea Shepherd Charity Benefit

And Gerry is listed on the Honorary Committee!

Posted Image

Off to once again search to see if there's any news if Gerry was able to attend, and if there are photos!!

:dance:

Those were the first places I checked also, Wire Image and Getty...no Gerry! I didn't even see that Pierce was there...at least there were no pictures of him. Maybe he's taking time out at home? (meaning Scotland)

:claphands: :inlove: