Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Isabeau

Phenomenal Phantom Costumes!

We are so fortunate to have a wonderfully generous and lovely Phantom fan in Vegas who has once again offered to display the 50 costumes from the PotO movie at her house during the 2008 Con!! Susan opened up her beautiful home to many of us in 2006, and we were amazed and thrilled to be given the opportunity to view these exquisite costumes up close. (You can see many gorgeous pics in the gallery.)

Issy

:wave: UPDATE: The cost is $30 per person. Please mail check or money order, made out to Metrospace Design Group, to:

METROSPACE DESIGN GROUP

P.O. BOX 34057

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89133-4057

Please try and have your payment to Susan by May 31, 2008, but don't worry, if you can't pay until later, just let me know. As I have said, we don't want anyone to miss out! :)

RIDING ASSIGNMENTS ARE COMPLETE!

It looks like we have two extra seats in Alice's car, which we WILL still need - so don't go picking up any hitchhiker's Alice! And a quick prayer goes out for Phanphorlife, who I just found out, will not be able to make the convention. See the prayer thread for more info.

Who's Riding With Who

Alice

Bea

2 other spots open

Susan

Lugerry

Phoenixgirl

Veejer

Framolamdu

Dori

Rebecca L.

Eliza1013

Meghan

Knight Phantom

Cybersal

Judybaby + Hubs

Swannie

Bermos

Gemstone

Lish

Ellenkay

Yvonne aka Littleberrylady

MarshaDee

Sharon Starr

Those Interested In Chipping In For A Limo

Binkie

Liana

RedRoseBlackRibbon

Heathcliffesmom

Deetz

Poppy

DonnaKat

Tina

Katie

Val

KittyPro

DiscoveringMe

Isabeau

AimeeMarie

Bellawolfe

Pamela

Those Riding With Others Not Attending Costume Viewing

Lady Elissa

Erin

Texas Gramma

Still need real names PM'd to Aims for the following:

Redroseblackribbon

Sharon Starr

MarshaDee

TOUR GROUP ASSIGNMENTS!!!

Tour group assignments were based on who had to be back early on Saturday afternoon as well as who you are riding with. Those who are riding in the limo, we haven't really worked out the way back, but I assume that I will have that taken care of by Wed night when I can talk with the Hilton's shuttle service. We'll go back in shifts.

I will print this out to bring with me to Vegas so you don't have to remember who you are assigned to. The second tour group will get to lounge by the pool at Susan's house, so maybe bring sunscreen? :lol:

First Tour Group

DiscoveringMe

Songbird

Val

AimeeMarie

Isabeau

Susan-Sporran

Lugerry

PhoenixGirl

Veejer

Framolamdu

Greyeyegoddess

Bea

Lish

Binkie

Bellawolfe

Texas Gramma

Lady Elissa

Erin

2 special guests to be named later...

Second Tour Group

Poppy

Deetz

Redroseblackribbon

Knight Phantom

Cybrsal

Heathcliffesmom

Tlhtx

KittyPro

Pamela

Dori

Rebecca

Eliza1013

Meghan

Judybaby + Hubs

Swansong

Bermos

Gemstone

Lish

Liana

DonnaKat

EllenKay

Yvonne

MarshaDee

Sharon Starr

As a reminder, those of you who have not paid, you will need your $30 to give to Susan (Metrospace) when you arrive at her house. Also, please be sure to bring money to chip in for the limo/taxi/shuttle as well as pitching in for gas for those who are kind enough to offer a ride. I believe the trip to Susan's is like a half hour and with gas the way it is - I'm sure even a dollar or two would be helpful!

Thank you all so much and we look forward to seeing each and everyone of you!

:rose:

Aims and Issy

Edited by Isabeau

I missed out on seeing this the first year, so I am definitely interested in seeing it in '08. I will be arriving in Vegas on Thursday, and leaving probably on Monday. Transportation is what prevented Libby and I from seeing the display in '06, so hopefully that issue can be addressed.

Thanks for heading this up, Issy!

Swannie

Be still my heart, Issy! I'm thrilled that we are going to be able to see these again. :claphands::claphands::claphands::hugs: to you for heading this up.

These costumes are absolutely breathtaking up close. The amazing detail in each and every one is truly astounding. How awesome that Susan is willing to do this again. What a charming and wonderful lady she is.

I'm planning on arriving in Vegas on Wednesday and stay through early Monday morning, if that helps with the planning.

It is worth every penny to see these up close.

:hearts:

Oh, count me in for this too! :D I'll be arriving in Vegas on Wednesday, and leaving on Monday.

Even though I went in 2006 I would be game to see them again, especially the costumes that were added after we saw them. Here is a link to the photo albums in the GALS Gallery from some of us that went before. Phantom Costumes in Las Vegas These costumes really have to be seen to be believed, and you'll once again wonder how the costume designer did not even get a nomination for an Academy Award because the detail and expense that went into creating these are astonishing. And Susan Heath was so gracious and such an amazing hostess, in allowing us into her home ~ and we even got to enrobe ourselves in one of the Phantom capes, now THAT alone made it worth every cent and every moment.

I am in Vegas from Tuesday until Monday next year, and I will have a car so would be willing to help with transport of up to 4 other people.

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm interested again...I have a better camera this time, plus video...

I'm driving, in a van. I can take at least 3 other people, possibly 6 if I make sure the back seat is empty.

The tour was simply breathtaking! And our hostesses were so accommodating.

Here are my pictures from Saturday and Sunday. The lower half of the pictures are from the POTO excursion.

Click the link, then the picture if the page gives you a login page. You don't have to sign in for anything.

Vegas 2006

~alice

:music:

I would love to see these costumes up close since Gerry's "Phantom" is my all time favorite movie. Please count me in. Unfortunately I can't help out with transportation and will need a ride. Hope someone can help me out. I'll be in Vegas from Tuesday until the following Tuesday. Susan~Sporran if you need help in anything let me know. My time is yours. Must agree with Jilly what a wonderful lady you are. You rock!

Hugs, Barbara

Even though I went in 2006 I would be game to see them again, especially the costumes that were added after we saw them. Here is a link to the photo albums in the GALS Gallery from some of us that went before. Phantom Costumes in Las Vegas These costumes really have to be seen to be believed, and you'll once again wonder how the costume designer did not even get a nomination for an Academy Award because the detail and expense that went into creating these are astonishing. And Susan Heath was so gracious and such an amazing hostess, in allowing us into her home ~ and we even got to enrobe ourselves in one of the Phantom capes, now THAT alone made it worth every cent and every moment.

I am in Vegas from Tuesday until Monday next year, and I will have a car so would be willing to help with transport of up to 4 other people.

Oh. The cape. :thud:

Putting that on was amazing. I couldn't believe how heavy it was and how gorgeous up close. I agree, Susan. That movie should have gotten the nod for its costuming. Absolutely breathtaking.

I'd forgotten that Susan Heath had added to her collection since we saw it. She was absolutely the most gracious hostess for allowing us into her home. I'm gettting so excited all over again.

Blessings on your beautiful head, Issy, for getting this idea rolling. :kiss:

Sorry Izzy that I didn't thank you for getting this rolling. I don't do much posting since I don't think I'm good at it but I'll work on it. These costumes sound so awesome to see and I can't wait. Thank you again for all your hard work. Hope to meet you in Vegas.

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Edited by lugerry

Izzy this is outstanding! It will be my first Vegas adventure so please count me in!

I missed seeing these in 06 and would love to go this next time. I'm arriving on Thursday and leaving Monday. I'm driving, so I can take 4 people besides myself in my car.

Hugs,

Jenn

Thanks Issy for taking this on!!!

Sorry Izzy that I didn't thank you for getting this rolling. I don't do much posting since I don't think I'm good at it but I'll work on it. These costumes sound so awesome to see and I can't wait. Thank you again for all your hard work. Hope to meet you in Vegas.

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

You are so welcome, Barbara! You just won't believe how amazing they are, and so much detail that you can't even see on the screen! Layers upon layers of hand-painted or hand-stitched or hand-embroidered fabric, colors that just couldn't come across on film, and many of them are so tiny!! And the Red Death outfit..... :reddeathsword: :omg2::thud:

Issy

Count me in! I've seen some of LadyJ's and EmmyB's costume collections, and I am ecstatic to think of seeing this one as well! I'll be arriving on Vegas on Wednesday or Thursday, and will be staying through Monday. I'll need a ride, but would be willing to share a cab. No problema!

OoooMe! :wave: Me!!! :wave: I wanna go!!!And hubby too!!!!I would love to see those costumes......breathtaking....think she'd let some of us unfortunate ones that were there before to at least touch the cape????Regardless...I'm there! can't wait!!!!We will arrive on Thurs and leave early Monday.Thank you Issy for getting this started!!!!

OH...this is sooo exciting.....the photo's look awesome. Count Deetz and I in. At this point, I am not sure when we are arriving. We are hoping to fly in on either Monday or Tuesday.

Hugs, Linda

Me and Sally me and Sally!!! Posted ImagePosted ImageWe're arriving on Thursday and leaving Sunday. We will be driving as well so we can bring 5 others with us.

Thanks Issy! Posted Image

:claphands:

Oh, you will love seeing the costumes...and Susan and her daughter are sooooo nice!

Lucky gals who get to see the display...you will so enjoy it.

Thanks for making the arrangements, Issy.

:hugs:

Barb

You have NO IDEA how bad I want to come to Vegas, but at this time I haven't figured

out how to finance a second Vegas venture. I had so hoped that we might have had

the opportunity to see the costumes this year. I can't give you an answer now, or

probably any time in the near future. I hope there might be a way to add to your

count if a miracle happens and we can make it back. If we do, there would be three

more who would love to see the costumes. We would have to have transportation as

well. I think we would be there from Wednesday until Monday morning.

Judy

Bless you, Issy, for setting this up..I wouldn't miss this for anything, even though I saw it in '06, but now with the added costumes it will be even more awesome! Count me in...I'll be arriving Wednesday or Thursday, leaving Monday..don't know yet if I'm driving or flying, but if I drive I'd be happy to take 4 people with me...

Alison

Wow these are all so beautiful and great to see thanks Betts :heat:

:erikrose: :reddeathsword: I checked with Susan today, and she says that there are about 20 more costumes now than we saw in '06! :wow2:

I wanted also to say :thankyou: in advance to everyone who has offered to give rides to those who are 'wheel-less' in Vegas! I promise, we will get everyone there who wants to see it, even if I have to rent a van and drive people myself! The trip from the Hilton to Susan's house is about 20 min., depending on traffic, and it will take about an hour to see everything and enjoy the refreshments that our wonderful hostess provides, so we should be able to make sure that everyone can fit it into their schedule, if they wish.

Issy

I can't wait Issy!!!Any idea on what day you might be looking at???I kow it's a long ways off.....I'm just excited!!!I really pray she will let some of us "newbies" who weren't ther the first time at least touch "the cape"(would be my dream to put it on)Is it actually one that Gerry wore?....Ok, shutting up now!!!! :bonk:

Count me in too, Izzy! I can't believe how generous Susan is being by inviting us into her home and allowing us to see these gorgeous costumes so closely. I can't wait to see them!!

Suzie