Gerard Butler GALS

Love Letters from the Lair

Hey Lair GALS!

I've got a question to throw out there....

Barring any of OUR takes on Erik, fan fiction or otherwise, do you think Erik remained a virgin after Christine left him that night?

To my mind....he did.

Hmm---tough question,Pil. I think he remained a virgin after Christine left him. My opinion on this is(And PLEASE do correct me if I am wrong.)that Erik was eternally heartbroken by letting Christine go that he could never love again and so,I think that he remained alone until the end of his days--until many years later,he returned to Christine's grave to place the rose with the ring on it to show that he still loved her but he could not love another because his love for her affected him so much. ((Okay,what I said seemed a little confusing,didn't it?)) Edited by Emily

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...Fran!

That leaves me to ask another question....I have to! I just HAVE to! LOL!!!!

Can you imagine being Erik's FIRST????

:thud:

Can I ever!!!! *THUD*

The first to receive his kiss?

The first to touch him?

The first to hold him close?

The first to lie with him?

The first to see him naked?

The first to let him touch her intimately?

The first to merge and melt and mirror him?

The first to rock beneath him?

The first to see his maskless face at the moment of his ecstasy?

The first to hear him moan and weep for the joy of being touched.... and touching?

The first to know his secrets and to shudder in his rebirth?

The first not to run... the first not to cry... the first not to resist or fear him?

The first to slake his skin-hunger?

The first to let him sleep in her arms?

The first to hear him breathing and snoring in peace?

The first to know his love?

The first to listen?

Yes.... I can imagine being the first.

Edited by Swansong

The first to touch him?

The first to hear him moan and weep for the joy of being touched.... and touching?

The first not to run... the first not to cry... the first not to resist or fear him?

The first to listen?

Swannie, you can be first after me... :escape:

great firsts!

Sally

MBF~Keeper of his brave and daring soul

Posted Image

Edited by cybrsal

The first to touch him?

The first to listen?

OK Swannie has now killed me! I doubt if I will recover anytime soon with out an intervention from the Master, my Beloved.

Deb~Erik's Steadfast Warrior~Protector of His Ring~Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

Swooooon!!! Thud! Gal Down!

Swann has slain Trouble...

but... she died an Exquisitely Climaxic Death...judging by the Blissful Smile on her face....

October 28, 2007...

RIP Troublesquared

PS...Swann... My final last request....please engrave that on my headstone!

Edited by Trouble

Brava, Brava Bravissima! *Claps wildly for Swannie's way with words*

Can you imagine the chills? Can you imagine the thrill as Erik steps over the threshold and becomes the man he is? :heat: :heat: :heat: :ohbaby2:

You know, Deb and Swannie...

The fact that G still talks about "Phantom" during interviews, tells me that he has a HUGE soft spot for that movie, and that he's proud of his work in it. And he should be.

He's a beautiful actor in all his roles, but POTO is his best work so far, IMHO. I wonder if "Burns" is going to be in the same league, IF it's ever made.

I'm with you there Pil. I pray all the time that Burns gets made. There are just some parts that were made for Gerry, Burns is one of them....

I really love the fact that Gerry STILL talks about Phantom. I think he's closer to it than even we know.

*flops down on comfy sofa smack dab in the middle of the Lair*

I've so missed being in here.

:hugs: to all and WELCOME to all the newcomers. Real Life has been keeping me away the Lair but it's wonderful to be able to catch up a bit.

Before more time goes by - I think I missed your birthday Swannie so Many Happy Returns to you. I will go in search of your birthday thread. :rose:

Beachie - Your wallpapers are absolutely gorgeous. You have a beautiful and artistic eye. Thank you for sharing your work with us. I hope to have that level of talent one of these days.

Jilly

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

I have to respond to what everyone believes is the way the story ended with Christine and Erik. I do not for one minute want to think that he died of a broken heart or that he was killed shortly after Christine left with Raoul. I want to believe that as Swannie tells in her continuing saga that she does find her way back to him and that he indeed changes for the better. I want to believe that they had a happy life together once they left the lair and went away. Ok! so I'm a sucker for a man in a mask, but Raoul and Christine are just too predictible and isn't that the way most fairytales end? Come on gals, isn't there anyone in the lair that agrees with me that Christine and Erik should be together in the end? As for the movie and the rose on her grave, I had always thought that Madame Giry had something to do with that. I want to hear from the rest of you.

Smiles, :D

Tojo

Hmm...

Well personally I always felt that after the opera house burned Eric did embark on a new adventure, and eventually did find love. I don't think it was Christine though. I always felt that Christine was not the right one for him (sorry if I offend, really everyone has a different version in their head lol) I always thought that Meg was the one for him. i feel that she was intriuged by him, but not intimidated. I would like to think that their paths crossed later in life and they fell in love. I think he did lay that ring and flower on Christines grave, not because he was still in love with her, but just his way of saying goodbye...

Hmm...

Well personally I always felt that after the opera house burned Eric did embark on a new adventure, and eventually did find love. I don't think it was Christine though. I always felt that Christine was not the right one for him (sorry if I offend, really everyone has a different version in their head lol) I always thought that Meg was the one for him. i feel that she was intriuged by him, but not intimidated. I would like to think that their paths crossed later in life and they fell in love. I think he did lay that ring and flower on Christines grave, not because he was still in love with her, but just his way of saying goodbye...

Interesting take. I just could never see him with Meg. I say that because she was Mdme. Giry's daughter and I felt there might have been some feelings at one time between the two of them because she saved him. I guess there is many scenarios we could dream up and I guess it is what we as an individual want to see happen in the end. It is very interesting to hear everyone's take on what happens in the end.

If you haven't read Sadies Phoenix of the Opera and Out of the Darkness.....they are a must read! Maybe they will help you decide....Christine or Meg.... I know who I'd choose! :kisswink: Course if I had my way it would be a reeeeeeal easy choice! :cunning:

BTW....Knightphantom...AKA Deb! I pm'd you about your sig.

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

A thousad Nadir Thank yous Frannie!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

For you tojo,

I'm sorry. As much as I do like to read Erik/Christine fics, I do not believe that in the end Christine would have made him happy. At least not at her young age. Maybe, if she went back to him say 5 years later, then yes, they could have made it work.

At 16 she was just too young. She needed to have some kind of life experience to deal with a man as complex as Erik. Sheesh! Even at 20+, it would be hard. Erik is not an easy man to love. He has so many issues that it would take a very strong, intelligent woman to shoulder his burdens, heal his pain, and love him for the damaged man he is.

As for the rose...I have my own thoughts on that. But let us leave it for a different discussion.

The Rose & the Ring....I always assumed that if Erik had left the Rose & the Ring, it would have been to let her know that she 'had done very well' and that 'he was pleased with her'....(what he apparently instructed Mdme Giry to say when she gives the rose to Christine after her debut performance)...The Ring signifying "till death due us part"... that he had always considered that last night in the lair their wedding (the exchange of the ring twice between them).

Then....Mdme Giry is the one who always gave Christine the Rose on behalf of Phantom....so maybe in the end...Erik had died also (maybe of a broken heart when Christine died?)...and he had instructed Mdme Giry to place the Rose & the Ring on Christine's grave after his death(a twist on Leroux's theme)....and I think that the Presence of Phantom that Raoul feels ...very strong at first.... then it fades away....is maybe Erik's Spirit letting go...or going to be with Christine's Spirit ....who know's ...except for ALW & Joel! They collaberated on this movie's storyline off & on for years... the Ring being a twist from Leroux's story...and the Rose being peculiar to ALW's adaptation....Hey! Maybe they left it open & up to speculation for a reason...a sequel to the movie sometime down the road....?

What I would really love to know is what is the significance of the two year time lapse...putting the Rose&Ring ...and the Music box.... on the grave two years after Christine's death....I could see Mdme Giry placing the Rose & the Ring there as instructed by Erik if he had died two years after her...and it looked as though poor Raoul was fading away from a broken heart as well.....

Edited by Trouble

Unfortunately, I have a much sadder take on what happened after Erik left the opera house. I believe Christine went on to have a happy life with Raoul...children, etc. And I believe Erik lived to be an old man. I DO think it was he that left the rose/ring on her grave, and that he kept "tabs" on her after she left him. I don't think Erik "moved on" after Christine. He was probably able to make a good living through his music, but his heart....was broken.

Posted Image