Gerard Butler GALS

Sadie Montgomery's New Web Pages for Phantom novels

Hi,

If you're interested in checking out The Phoenix of the Opera series (4 books telling the story of the Phantom after the night he disappeared through the broken mirror) visit my web pages and/or a couple of the threads here at GALS.

Below is the link for my web pages. I've a link on this main page to separate pages for Out of the Darkness The Phantom's Opera and for Phantom Death (see the links in the left-hand column.) There are also linked pages for some videos and other material related to the series, as well as titles of other novels that I've written as yet unpublished.

To anyone interested in the story of the Phantom, I hope you consider my four-book series beginning with

Book I: The Phoenix of the Opera.

Book II: Out of the Darkness.

Book III: The Phantom's Opera.

Book IV: Phantom Death

Posted Image

click to enlarge

http://ms.sadiemontgomery.googlepages.com/home

The series is complete. Those who have read them and enjoyed them, please pass on the word.

Cheers, Sadie Montgomery

Edited by sadiephanobutlr

Sadie, you have made my day.I thought I was going to have to wait until December for your third book.I am so excited that it's coming out in Nov.

Love the cover.!!.

Posted Image Peggy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sadie! I ordered "The Phantom's Opera" at Amazon.com along with ordering "Shattered" on dvd. That way I get free shipping. A little trick I learned. I loved your first two books so I am really looking forward to see what happens next to the Phantom. Thanks for all of these wonderful books.

Kathy :wave:

Sadie,

I am waiting with anticipation for your books. They are on my wish list for Christmas. Now I can get all three of them instead of just two. You go girl!!! I know they are going to be great reads with the great reviews you have been getting. :claphands:

Tojo

Peggy, Tojo, and Kathy,

I'm excited to know that you're going to order or have ordered the novels. Tojo, it sounds as if you are new to the series, so I appreciate your confidence in the three novels. I hope you enjoy them. Peggy and Kathy, I'm so glad that you've enjoyed the series enough to order the third one, too.

I had not wanted to promise that the third one would be out until I knew for sure. I did have a slight glitch in the last few weeks or I might have been able to combine the announcement of the publications along with a Halloween greeting. In spite of the slight glitch, I was surprised that it didn't take a bit longer to get the novel up and going. Amazon and barnesandnoble have been very quick, too, in getting the novel listed in their online catalog.

I hope to hear from each and every one of you when you've finished reading whichever you read next!

Hugs, Sadie

Sadie, as soon asI knew I could order the Phantom's Opera I ordered it!!!!Can't wait to get it. I will let you know what I think when I finish the book.I'm sure it's got to be as wonderful as the first 2.

Posted Image Peggy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone again,

Thanks for posting comments at the other threads in boutique or Phantom discussions.

I revised my web pages yet again. Now I have a link to another video (by kittypro) and I have dedicated separate pages to each of the three novels. I wish I knew how to insert a slide show from photobucket. I've had trouble doing that! Can't figure out what will work.

Anyway, please check out the pages and give me any advise you might have.

Visit My Website

Cheers and Happy Holidays! Sadie

Sadie, read all 3 of your Phantom books and can't wait for #4.Sent The Phantom's Opera to my sister, Fran in North Carolina.She loved the first 2 and was waiting for the third as well.

Just watched kittypro's last video, Who Knew.Wow that is great how she worked those special effects.All those vides are nice.

:hugs: Peggy

Hi Sadie.....I received my book yesterday from Peggy and dove right into it. Sorry I did because like the others I can't put the Damn thing down!! :dance: You did it again!! :claphands:

:D Fran

Peggy and Fran,

I'm glad to hear from you! Fran, as always, I'm pleased to know that you're enjoying the novel. Do contact me and/or leave posts when you finish.

Kittypro was using some new sort of software. She'll be pleased to know that you liked the video. I thought the scenes she spliced in were nicely done and the twist at the end was a real thrill for me!

So the web pages look all right to you?

Hugs, Sadie

Yes, your web page looks fine.

I thought it was awesome the way kittypro worked in those scenes with Erik and Meg in that video.I was wondering if that was gonna happen and she made it happen.Bravo for her, great job!!!! :claphands::claphands:

Posted Image Peggy

• 5 weeks later...

Peggy,

I've been very fortunate to have some very talented and generous people helping me out with my novels, spreading the word (like you and Fran! for example), helping me with my siggy (like zanyzombie and AnnaX) and then creating work that brings attention to my novels (like phantomluver4ever1, kittypro, and a friend who wishes to remain anonymous). I had no idea when I started publishing that so many writers were using videos as trailers for their novels. I've watched a few of them. Neat idea.

I am working on the fourth manuscript, but it may be a while before it's ready. I think perhaps everyone wants to recuperate from the holidays.

I'll try to make sure the avenues of information are kept open!

Cheers, Sadie

Well Sadie, as you know, I'm a BIG fan of yours. I've read all three of your Phantom novels and I must say they are all GREAT! The first book was full of tense drama and intrigue with powerful character studies. You molded your characters beautifully. Erik was torchered and defiant and reluctant to love again. In your second novel he found love although he didn't trust it. I'm trying not to give anything specific away because I want the reader to enjoy the ride through these books. I really fell in love with book 3 because the ending was what we all wanted for the Phantom in the movie. Sadie is great at bringing her characters around to a believable ending. She incorporates side stories that fit perfectly with the storyline. I hated to finish book 3 and I'm so looking forward to the last book in this series. I'll miss all of these characters.

So if any of you have not started this series go to Amazon.com and order all three of these books. If you spend $25.00 or more you will get free shipping. You won't be sorry. I promise you!

Keep writing, Sadie!

*Hugs* Kathy

Think I posted this somewhere before? :wub:

My copy of Book III: The Phantom's Opera, has finally arrived!

Must go read Sadie.....before that last one is published.

Hugs,

Anna x

Hi,

I've revised my web pages for my Phantom novels. I'm sort of hopeless. AnnaX made my banner/siggy for me and zanyzombie animated it for me. Anyway I'm happy to have web pages at all where I can put information about my novels. I've published the first two in the series already: The Phoenix of the Opera and Out of the Darkness. I'm looking at proofs now for the third, The Phantom's Opera, which I expect to come out within the month.

Below is the link for my revised web pages. I've a link to a page for Out of the Darkness and for The Phantom's Opera separate from the main page (see the links in the left-hand column.) Check out the cover for the third novel.

To anyone interested in the story of the Phantom, I hope you consider my four-book series beginning with

The Phoenix of the Opera.

I know the web pages are not perfect, but it's a start. Any suggestions, please pass them on to me.

Cheers, Sadie Montgomery

OMGoodness you are the real Sadie Montgomery. :erikrose: I wanted an Erik and Meg pairing before I ever knew anyone else did then I went on you tube and saw a whole bunch of Erik and Meg videos and I was like I am not alone then someone told me about your book and then Peggy told me she knew you from here and now I am typing to you. I am soooo excited. :bow2: Can I ask one thing if it isn't spoilerish is your Meg supposed to look like Jennifer Ellison and I pray your phantom looks like Gerard's version. If it is a secret you can tell me to bug off. :kiss2: <<<<I hope Erik and Meg do that. :behave:

Love,

Tracy

Hi,

I've revised my web pages for my Phantom novels. I'm sort of hopeless. AnnaX made my banner/siggy for me and zanyzombie animated it for me. Anyway I'm happy to have web pages at all where I can put information about my novels. I've published the first two in the series already: The Phoenix of the Opera and Out of the Darkness. I'm looking at proofs now for the third, The Phantom's Opera, which I expect to come out within the month.

Below is the link for my revised web pages. I've a link to a page for Out of the Darkness and for The Phantom's Opera separate from the main page (see the links in the left-hand column.) Check out the cover for the third novel.

The Phoenix of the Opera.

I know the web pages are not perfect, but it's a start. Any suggestions, please pass them on to me.

Cheers, Sadie Montgomery

OMGoodness you are the real Sadie Montgomery. :erikrose: I wanted an Erik and Meg pairing before I ever knew anyone else did then I went on you tube and saw a whole bunch of Erik and Meg videos and I was like I am not alone then someone told me about your book and then Peggy told me she knew you from here and now I am typing to you. I am soooo excited. :bow2: Can I ask one thing if it isn't spoilerish is your Meg supposed to look like Jennifer Ellison and I pray your phantom looks like Gerard's version. If it is a secret you can tell me to bug off. :kiss2: <<<<I hope Erik and Meg do that. :behave:

Love,

Tracy

Tracy,

I love all your emoticons. Certainly brighten the page! Yes, I'm Sadie Montgomery, and I'm glad that you've heard of my novels. Have you read any yet? I sincerely hope that you do and that you contact me (posting and pms are verra verra weel appreciated).

I want to insist that any reader will see the characters as she wants within the limits described by the author. I even know some readers that insist on changing or ignoring some aspects the author includes so that they can imagine the character for themselves and make him/her fit what they prefer. I don't like it when novel covers have a male model pose as the character because I want to use my imagination and their choice does not always match my desire.

But if you ask me how I see my characters, I can say that I began to write the novels after seeing the movie with Gerry, and I cannot imagine the Phantom without imagining Gerry in the role. Anything else is out of the question for me. The images of the movie are very powerful and certainly have influenced the way I see my characters in the novels. For example, a basic description of Meg would be that she is petite, but buxom, with a dancer's body, a heart-shaped face with large, warm brown eyes. She has a long neck, a small dark mole or beauty mark at the base of her neck where her collar bones come together. She has long blond hair.

I'm very glad that you're interested in the novels. I chose Meg because as a character she afforded a lot of possibilities which made sense for the trajectory of the story that I planned to write. In the course of writing the stories, I came to love Erik/Meg, Raoul/Christine. I know some wanted either Christine to realize she loved Erik or they preferred that an entirely new character be created. I felt that the story was richer if the complexities of the relationship among the principals were teased out. I wanted a character who has stood in the background watching Christine and the Phantom, who already knew the Phantom's story or part of it and who already was fascinated with him.

I'll stop here because I don't want to give too much away.

Cheers, Sadie

• 4 weeks later...

Tracy,

I love all your emoticons. Certainly brighten the page! Yes, I'm Sadie Montgomery, and I'm glad that you've heard of my novels. Have you read any yet? I sincerely hope that you do and that you contact me (posting and pms are verra verra weel appreciated).

I want to insist that any reader will see the characters as she wants within the limits described by the author. I even know some readers that insist on changing or ignoring some aspects the author includes so that they can imagine the character for themselves and make him/her fit what they prefer. I don't like it when novel covers have a male model pose as the character because I want to use my imagination and their choice does not always match my desire.

But if you ask me how I see my characters, I can say that I began to write the novels after seeing the movie with Gerry, and I cannot imagine the Phantom without imagining Gerry in the role. Anything else is out of the question for me. The images of the movie are very powerful and certainly have influenced the way I see my characters in the novels. For example, a basic description of Meg would be that she is petite, but buxom, with a dancer's body, a heart-shaped face with large, warm brown eyes. She has a long neck, a small dark mole or beauty mark at the base of her neck where her collar bones come together. She has long blond hair.

I'm very glad that you're interested in the novels. I chose Meg because as a character she afforded a lot of possibilities which made sense for the trajectory of the story that I planned to write. In the course of writing the stories, I came to love Erik/Meg, Raoul/Christine. I know some wanted either Christine to realize she loved Erik or they preferred that an entirely new character be created. I felt that the story was richer if the complexities of the relationship among the principals were teased out. I wanted a character who has stood in the background watching Christine and the Phantom, who already knew the Phantom's story or part of it and who already was fascinated with him.

I'll stop here because I don't want to give too much away.

Cheers, Sadie

I have read the Phoenix of the Opera and I read it one day. I write a little fan fiction, but I am just a Ghettofabulous Redneck not a literature teacher and an accomplished author. The angst liked to have killed me, but it is a fabulous, fabulous book and I cannot wait to read them all if I have to save pennies I will own them all some day. I want to finish my Erik and Meg story just for my self, but I consider your books the real story and the great alternative to the sad and unbelievably cruel ending that poor man dies a virgin never knowing the touch of a woman, except for the pity kiss Christine gave him to save Raoul.

Even though he is a murderer and a fugitive I love that man and I want him to know joy. Everyone must know joy. The characters are portrayed by Jennifer Ellison and Gerry Butler in my head because I accept no other Erik and Megs. They did sound like them in their descriptions, but I too will shut up as not to be a bearer of spoilers. I have terrible scars on my body luckily not on my face so I feel so much for Erik.

O.K.,I'll shut up now.

Love,

Tracy

P.S. :erik::rose::phantom:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Sorry to be late in getting back to you Sadie!

After a lengthy wait for my book to be shipped from the USA, I savoured every word in the continuing saga of the Phantom's journey in 'The Phantom's Opera', but was unable to continue to finish the last few pages.....until recently..........then I felt compelled to read it all once more.

I admit that I felt heart wrenched for Erik as he tried to come to terms with the past history invented for him by Lucianna as he began to mingle fact with fiction after hearing overheard her servants talking. His horror of what he assumed had been his nature, that of a depraved sexual pervert, a monster. And sweet Meg, how she longed to hold him and remind him of their love...And when Erik begins to dream of the faithful sweet innocence of Meg as his subconcious mind struggles to drag him back into the truth of his true identity....brilliantly written. Another winner Miss Sadie!

I was reminded of the words from a poem of Alexander Pushkin .............

'And here you once again appear

Before me like a vision fleeting,

A beauty's Angel pure and clear'

Meg proved once again she is Eriks Angel.

More please,

Hugs,

Anna X

Edited by Anna
  • 2 weeks later...

I am forever dabbling and monkeying with my web pages. I have added the "letter" Erik wrote me (penned by a dear friend originally for Valentine's day, but revised to be a letter for any occasion) to the main page. I also created a separate page for Phantom Death, the fourth novel in the series. I am previewing the cover.

Sadie's Phoenix Series Website

As a preview, here are two thumbnails of graphics for the series. Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version.

Posted Image

The cover for the fourth novel:

Posted Image

I'm very excited about it. Now I have to get back to proofing the author proofs or nothing is every going to get published!

Hugs, Sadie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Phantom Death is now available for order at iUniverse.com.

Just go to the bookstore tab at iUniverse.com, select author in the drop down menus, type in my name, and all four novels should pop up.

Phantom Death hasn't appeared yet at Amazon. Last time it did so very quickly, but I have no say in the matter and it can take days, weeks, or longer. The minute it's up at Amazon, I'll announce it here and perhaps start a thread in boutique or somewhere.

Anyway if you're anxious and ready to order Book IV in The Phoenix of the Opera series. You can do so now at iUniverse.com!

By the way, yesterday I did revise again my web pages! I'm trying to streamline them so that the first one, in particular, doesn't look so cluttered.

Visit My Website Sadie Montgomery

Cheers, Sadie

• 2 weeks later...

hi this is michelle. I am happy to say I just got the first book in the series the Phoenix of the Opera. I am so looking to start reading it tonight. I also just ordered the second and third book of the series too. And finally the fourth book Phantom Death is now in my book stores system to order now, so guess what I ordered that too. LOL

Michelle

hi this is michelle. I am happy to say I just got the first book in the series the Phoenix of the Opera. I am so looking to start reading it tonight. I also just ordered the second and third book of the series too. And finally the fourth book Phantom Death is now in my book stores system to order now, so guess what I ordered that too. LOL

Michelle

Michelle,

You are in an interesting situation! You're one of the few people that I know who has the entire series, well soon will have, at her finger tips and may actually read them progressively from one to the next. I wonder how that will be! No waiting between novels. I hope you enjoy The Phoenix of the Opera. Please let me know.

I'm intrigued about how the story will seem if you do choose to read each one in succession.

I appreciate your faith in the series and your encouragement!

Sadie

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Anyone wanting to read some comments from others who have read The Phoenix of the Opera series can find responses at these two threads here at gals:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15566

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15637

Posted Image

click on the image to see the slideshow!

Cheers, Sadie

Edited by sadiephanobutlr

Wow a lot has happened since I posted in here last.I now have read all the books and even own them all and Sadie Montgomery has videos by me on those web pages. She is my favorite author and I love her as a person as well.

Love,

Tracy :erik:

P.S. People, if you don't own these books. I hope you can soon.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy