Gerard Butler GALS

10/16 - DePalma Promises New ‘Untouchables’ Will Have Same Classic Score And Locations

jenn

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/

DePalma Promises New 'Untouchables' Will Have Same Classic Score And Locations

Published by Josh Horowitz on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 11:05 am.

"You're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge!" Those were the last words we heard from Al Capone in Brian DePalma's insanely entertaining "The Untouchables" some twenty years ago. Well, just because Elliot Ness put Al behind bars to the swelling score of Ennio Morricone so long ago, the battle for Chicago has just begun. Brian DePalma himself told me last week that "The Untouchables: Capone Rising" is likely to be his next film. This prequel will detail in DePalma's words, "[Jimmy Malone]'s relationship with Capone during Capone's rise." Portraying the former character that earned Sean Connery an Oscar is Gerard Butler, Deplama confirmed. "Gerry is still with us," he said.

The young Capone, however, remains uncast. Nicolas Cage was attached but is no longer on board. DePalma is on the lookout, though. What does the new Capone need? "You've got to have that street animal sexuality," he said.

For those worried that this new film won't fit in with the first now classic "Untouchables," rest easy. DePalma plans to keep it consistent, "I would like to use a lot of the original music from 'The Untouchables,' and the original locations in Chicago."

And what about a typical showy DePalma set piece to rival the shootout in the train station? The director promises, "It's got a lot of fabulous set pieces in it. It will be a lot of fun to do."

For those worried that this new film won't fit in with the first now classic "Untouchables," rest easy. DePalma plans to keep it consistent, "I would like to use a lot of the original music from 'The Untouchables,' and the original locations in Chicago."

SQUEEEEEEEE!!! :yippee:

Gerry back in Chicago! :throw:

I cannot wait!!! :claphands:

:bounce::bounce:

Edited by Scorpio613

OMFB!! I am a huge DePalma fan and the original Untouchables is one of my favorites. If he's using the same music, I hope he uses the same production designer, art director and let's not forget Giorgio Armani for the wardrobe!!! :heat:

I can't wait for this one!!

SQUEE!!! :yippee:

Okay Pat, you, me and Diane are set right with our little trek to the set when he's here??? OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking a week off work I'm telling you to be down there.

I don't care I will sacrafice it for the sake of trying to get to the man. I will be polite and not stalk but I will definately be down there and I will find that set. Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie

I freakin' LOVED the Untouchables!! Love the time frame of it...the clothes..everything!

Oh to see Gerry in those vintage clothes..and those high collared police uniforms...:thud:

Now if he for some reason listens to Jazz from that era, I'm toast where I stand, seriously, TOAST, more than even with "300"

Oh, goody!(I know...how cheesy!) I'm only about 5 hrs. from Chicago. That's if I drive the speed limit! :D Can't wait to see Ger in the clothing, also. Saw a request for Joaq in the comments. That would be awesome, but I couldn't get that lucky.

SQUEE!!! :yippee:

Okay Pat, you, me and Diane are set right with our little trek to the set when he's here??? OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking a week off work I'm telling you to be down there. I don't care I will sacrafice it for the sake of trying to get to the man. I will be polite and not stalk but I will definately be down there and I will find that set. Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie

Cassie...oh yeah...you can count on it! ;)

:bounce::bounce: :bounce:Wheee I'm so glad that Gerry is still in this one. I watched The Untouchables last night and Gerry will be great as the cop. But, wait a minute, the actor that they are looking for to play Capone,"Has to have that street animal sexuality." THAT SOUNDS LIKE GERRY.

I have a lot of friends in Chicago...they filmed the new Batman right near them, so if they use any of the same buildings..they are so there!!!

I'm still very excited for Gerry with this project...I would never stalk him or interfere with his work, but I would do anything to just get a glance from a distance of him....Cassie, I'm only 4-5 hours away, can I come visit??? :kisswink:

every actor out there stands in gerry's showdow. i am wracking my brain for a capone. you want someone with gerry's charisma-sexiness-talent. gerry wares the white hat but we want the black hatted guy to be egually challenging. i think gerry would appreciate that too. i think this part/picture for gerry is the most exciting in his career so far. well, it certainly appeals to me. Chicago is my kind of town, love it.

I'm still very excited for Gerry with this project...I would never stalk him or interfere with his work, but I would do anything to just get a glance from a distance of him....Cassie, I'm only 4-5 hours away, can I come visit??? :kisswink:

AbsoFOOKinlutely! :claphands:The more the merrier in our quest to find the man!

Cassie

SQUEEEEEEEE!!! :yippee:

HHHMMM...I may have to go and VISIT my friends in Chicago.

Paulette

When I saw "Oscar" and "Gerard Butler" so close together in print, my heart gave a little jump! :heat: Whew!

When I saw "Chicago" and "Gerard Butler" so close together in print my heart gave a huge jump! :heat: Can't believe we will be in the same county! This is wonderful news. If this movie is as good as the first we will probably see"Oscar" and "Gerard Butler" even closer together in print! Cannot wait! :claphands:

Edited by annabanana

I'd love it if he came a bit closer to where I am, - but that will never happen, I guess. Still, it has a nordic connection, this one. He is really busy, so this fall and next spring should bring about some photo-ops...

:heat::D