Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
touchmetrustme

10/24 - 300 Named Movie of the Year

`300` named movie of the year at Hollywood Awards

Washington, Oct 24: Epic film '300' was named 2007 movie of the year at the 11th Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards that was held on Oct 22. The film starring Gerard Butler beat the likes of 'Spider-Man 3', 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' and 'Transformers'.

The Hollywood World Award was bagged by Romanian film "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days," helmed by Cristian Mungiu.

The festival's top feature award went to 'Gone With the Woman', directed by Petter Naess. 'Knee Deep' was adjudged top documentary, reports a magazine.

Special honours were given to Richard Gere, Marion Cotillard, John Travolta, Jennifer Connelly, Ellen Page and Casey Affleck for acting.

While Neil Meron and Craig Zadan were honoured for producing; Ben Affleck and Marc Forster bagged prizes for directing; The cast of "Hairspray" was given special honours for ensemble acting.

The list of award winners at the 11th Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards is as follows: 300' - 2007 movie of the year4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days'-The Hollywood World AwardGone With the Woman'- Top feature awardnee Deep' - Top documentary awardRatatouille'- animation honourshristopher Hampton and Diablo Cody - Screenwriting award.

You know I saw that awards thing on the entertainment shows last night..and they never even mentioned 300.

You know I saw that awards thing on the entertainment shows last night..and they never even mentioned 300.

That's incredible when the film walked away with the Movie of the Year accolade.

That's fantastic news! It is a well deserved award to all who worked on the movie. Way to go Gerry!

All I'm hoping is that "300" is not forgotten come Oscar time and not just for set decoration or costumes. It deserves so much more than that. Thanks for the update Libby!!!! :claphands:

Cassie

All I'm hoping is that "300" is not forgotten come Oscar time and not just for set decoration or costumes. It deserves so much more than that. Thanks for the update Libby!!!! :claphands:

Cassie

I agree Cassie. It would be a sad day if the oscars don't recognize the talent displayed in this movie. I think Gerry should be nominated in the Best Actor category and there are others that should also be nominated. I believe the movie should get Best Picture also. I know that many of you agree with me on this one. Let's hope that the academy is smart enough to see that...................

Tojo

Sweeeeet stuff! Thanks Libby!!

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

~Mel

Well deserved award!!!Way to go Gerry!!!!and everyone who was involved with 300...as far as the Oscars......I'm already saying my prayers!!!

I was watching parts of that show last night myself and I hadn't heard anything about 300 either! All I saw was John Travolta and the Affleck brothers and also I think Brad Pitt got some kind of an award for his last movie....You know ....the usual "A-listers" that are always recognized for something or other whether it was any good or not! I'm so happy to hear that 300 got movie of the year... and OMG can you just imagine 300 being the best picture of the year!!!!! :claphands::claphands: Thanks Libby for the info... :D

:wave: Fran

Wow that's great news! Bodes well for future award shows, I would think. Really exciting, the awards just keep rolling in!!!

I am happy that 300 was recognised but I am absolutely dumbfounded that Gerry was passed over for even a nomination against the likes of Casey Affleck and Richard Gere? come on people!. I have been watching movies and actors performances for many years and I have not seen anything like GB's performance as King Leo in a long time. He really embodied that role. In my opinion his portrayal is the best I have seen in this genre and that even includes Russell Crowe's Maximus - King Leo made Maximus look like a little girl in a pink frilly dress LOL. I was reading where these awards are considered a good guide for the Oscars and do carry some importance in Hollywood but the mind just boggles when you look at some of the actors who are nominated and win.

I do feel that GB deserves some recognition for his acting this year. It was a stand-out performance, really visceral and larger than life. I can't think of any actor today who could have captured all the 'colours' of Leonidas so well. I believe that Gerry stated that the weekend '300' opened he received many phone calls from prominent producers, directors and actors all praising his performance and wanting to discuss future projects with him. This does indicate to me that he will have some support at least come Oscar time but I was reading somewhere that Joaquin Pheonix and Johnny Depp will most likely be in the running this time and I think that either one of them is due for recognition aren't they? Anyway even a nomination would restore my faith in the system in Hollywood which a lot of the time seems to be complete BS.

I am happy that 300 was recognised but I am absolutely dumbfounded that Gerry was passed over for even a nomination against the likes of Casey Affleck and Richard Gere? come on people!. I have been watching movies and actors performances for many years and I have not seen anything like GB's performance as King Leo in a long time. He really embodied that role. In my opinion his portrayal is the best I have seen in this genre and that even includes Russell Crowe's Maximus - King Leo made Maximus look like a little girl in a pink frilly dress LOL. I was reading where these awards are considered a good guide for the Oscars and do carry some importance in Hollywood but the mind just boggles when you look at some of the actors who are nominated and win.

I do feel that GB deserves some recognition for his acting this year. It was a stand-out performance, really visceral and larger than life. I can't think of any actor today who could have captured all the 'colours' of Leonidas so well. I believe that Gerry stated that the weekend '300' opened he received many phone calls from prominent producers, directors and actors all praising his performance and wanting to discuss future projects with him. This does indicate to me that he will have some support at least come Oscar time but I was reading somewhere that Joaquin Pheonix and Johnny Depp will most likely be in the running this time and I think that either one of them is due for recognition aren't they? Anyway even a nomination would restore my faith in the system in Hollywood which a lot of the time seems to be complete BS.

Amen, amen, and amen, Robyn! What happens this year at the Oscars will definitely have an effect on my future impression of Hollywood award shows as a whole; if Gerry's performance as Leonidas, and the movie itself receive the recognition they so richly and obviously deserve, then I may maintain some semblance of respect for awards shows in general; if not, my rapidly deteriorating opinion of them will continue on the downward spiral it has been on for some time now...there's such a proliferation of them these days that they don't carry the same impact anymore, imho...

Alison

Cassie

I agree Cassie. It would be a sad day if the oscars don't recognize the talent displayed in this movie. I think Gerry should be nominated in the Best Actor category and there are others that should also be nominated. I believe the movie should get Best Picture also. I know that many of you agree with me on this one. Let's hope that the academy is smart enough to see that...................

Tojo

It's a total "shoe-in" for best picture absolutely, but let's see how Gerry fairs with the Hollywood crowd. After all the whole industry are mebers of the Academy. Nomination is for sure,let's pray he gets it.

Cassie

Tojo

It's a total "shoe-in" for best picture absolutely, but let's see how Gerry fairs with the Hollywood crowd. After all the whole industry are mebers of the Academy. Nomination is for sure,let's pray he gets it.

Those of us old enought to remember when Raiders of the Lost Ark opened and the sensation it cause at the box office, yet did NOT win best picture, best director or best actor. I suspect that 300 may win something in special effects, nothing else. Hollywood doesn't usually reward commercially popular movies and especially the actors who perform in them.

I was just looking around the oscars page and nothing on 300. I can't belive the music and photgraphy would not have some nominations. Gerry did an outstanding job in 300. It was a true action adventure movie. sadly th eOscars do not always include movies that are truly good and only feature ones with "A" listers. :whome2:

Gerry deserves recognition for 300. He was better than Russell Crowe who I thought shouldn't have gotten an Oscar for Gladiator but for Beautiful Mind. Whatever, we all know how good the movie was & how good Gerry was. Johnny Depp just phones it in for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Cassie

Tojo

Those of us old enought to remember when Raiders of the Lost Ark opened and the sensation it cause at the box office, yet did NOT win best picture, best director or best actor. I suspect that 300 may win something in special effects, nothing else. Hollywood doesn't usually reward commercially popular movies and especially the actors who perform in them.

Cassie

Tojo

I am SO glad that the movie "300" has been named Movie of the Year for 2007 but yes, I also agree that Gerry's performance was brilliant and should also have been nominated for Best Performance too.

Let's hope that Gerry is'nt neglected at the Oscars for his wonderful performance in "300", he deserves so many Awards, as he is one of the most BRILLIANT Actors of our time, he puts EVERYTHING into his performances and deserves many Awards for his wonderful acting.

Big Gerry Hugs,

Deborah-MareksLady

Edited by Deborahau

I know I could not believe the picture will make it but not Gerry, after all he did and all the money that movie and the dvds brought in something is fishy here. Betts thats hollywood politics for ya.