Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Personal Gerry stories

That's awesome. I mean, that's just AWESOME. I have no vocabulary at the moment, so that's all I have to say, but....that's awesome.

I'd just like to add this thought...when Gerry was nearly at the end of the line of people waiting to see him after Leno...and Alan was doing his 5-4-3-2-1-NEXT thing...one of my fellow AZ tarts was next and when she got to Gerry, Gerry said to Alan..."Alan..I can not NOT talk to them..give her a chance"...this is after nearly two hours of STANDING and hugging and kissing and being sweet and generous to every single person in line...Gerry took it upon himself to tell Alan to cool it...he did his best to take care of us...ALL of us..right down to the last person in line...I wasn't in Italy, I don't know what took place...but the Gerry I witnessed..adores the fact that we adore him..he is humbled by it and overwhelmed a bit too I think...I saw no ego...just a gracious, loving man who wanted to be there...FOR US...

There we go again...the honeymoon phase all over again. **sigh** what a guy! That's why he inspires such loyalty.

:snogs:

THAT alone is part of why I love this man so much. he really does care (from what I've heard) about his tarts. and I think that's wonderful! I know a lot fo celebs couldn't care less about thier fans.

I know this probably sounds crazy but I have always felt that I owed him - not the other way around :unsure: His generousity and humor - the performances that moved me enough to actually change the way that look at things and the way that I am living my life - his courage that has inspired me to take the chances that before now I never would have done... Like I said I owe him not the other way around - Plus without him GB.net and now GALS wouldn't exist, I never would have met all you amazing people.*that thought is enough to make me :cry:

OK I'm getting off my soapbox now :p

*Gerry :good: *

I know this probably sounds crazy but I have always felt that I owed him

Not at all crazy! I feel the same way. This man takes out so much time from his ALREADY busy life for his fans. I cant imagine how tired he must get. And yet he still does it.

Cool story Jamie!

You all make very excellent points. What wonderful GALS you all are :)

That's awesome. I mean, that's just AWESOME. I have no vocabulary at the moment, so that's all I have to say, but....that's awesome.

Abrock....

AWESOME WORKS...IT WAS...HE IS....

There were lots of moments like that...I hope you guys don't mind me sharing them with you...I really don't want to come off as I was there and you weren't, I just want share the things that I witnessed...I think it gives you an idea of the REAL GERRY...his one and only reason for being there was to say hello, no press, no cameras, no one to impress...just him being him...I had no idea that by the end of the day...I would adore him more than at the start of the day...

I love Gerry stories! Share all you want Jaime.

I'd just like to add this thought...when Gerry was nearly at the end of the line of people waiting to see him after Leno...and Alan was doing his 5-4-3-2-1-NEXT thing...one of my fellow AZ tarts was next and when she got to Gerry, Gerry said to Alan..."Alan..I can not NOT talk to them..give her a chance"...this is after nearly two hours of STANDING and hugging and kissing and being sweet and generous to every single person in line...Gerry took it upon himself to tell Alan to cool it...he did his best to take care of us...ALL of us..right down to the last person in line...I wasn't in Italy, I don't know what took place...but the Gerry I witnessed..adores the fact that we adore him..he is humbled by it and overwhelmed a bit too I think...I saw no ego...just a gracious, loving man who wanted to be there...FOR US...

Sigh. He's so sweet. I don't know what happened in Italy, but there were only 2 or 3 fan encounters and from what I read they weren't that bad. There were 200 fans at Leno and it seemed every single encounter was wonderful. That's all I have to say.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing them with you...

Not at all! You are in no way bragging or being rude about it! Share away :)

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing them with you...

Not at all! You are in no way bragging or being rude about it! Share away :)

I agree! I love hearing personal stories (providing the teller isn't bragging...but we've been through that). And you certainly are not bragging!

I think what some fans forget (sometimes) is that Gerry is human, like many of you have already said. He could have good days. He could have bad days like the rest of us. Timing is everything. :conf:

Abrock - that story you like so much is Cheri's - she is an amazingly loving and fun person whom I've had the priviledge to get to know better through several Tart gatherings here. Her story about meeting Gerry really touched my heart, as did her story about helping her sister Tamara meet him after the Craig Ferguson show (which they did NOT get into). Cheri and Tamara were sitting next to me in line all that day at Craig Ferguson so they were two of the first Gerry fans I met in person, and what a treasure that is.

Jamie I love hearing everyone's stories from that day, and from other such fan encounters. I have no idea what happened in Italy, I never did get to read any first hand accounts of the encounters that had Carly Lynda so upset that day. As far as her phone conversation I have to give benefit of the doubt because while she is fluent in several languages I don't believe English is her first language and that could cause some things to be lost - and tone of voice is not something you can tell from printed words. Going just on the words it seemed she was rather forward about expecting Gerry to promise to attend a dinner with the Canadian Tarts when he is there. Afterall as far as I know the only time he has ever shown up for a dinner like that was in NY for the POTO premiere and that was something he just decided to do on his own just a few hours before the Tarts were scheduled to meet. And back then there were only a total of a few hundred Tarts, now there are over 8,000!!!!

Gerry has been incredibly and unbelievably generous with his time and his attitude towards his fans and if there was one day when things weren't as "expected" then that goes to prove that you shouldn't have expectations like that. I didn't "expect" to even meet Gerry after the Leno show. I hoped I might get to hand a photograph into a car and ask him to sign it - but didn't even "expect" that. Once I knew that he was going to stop after the show I figured I'd at least get an autograph, the fact that I got an encounter that was beyond my imagination is a HUGE bonus. But I'd hope that nobody ever "expects" that from him, because it is unfair to him.

And I too feel that I am the one that owes him, NOT the other way around. I owe him for the entertainment he has given me and even more I owe him for the friends I have met (whether on line or in person) thanks to GB.net and now GALS. I hope I get a chance someday to repay him in some way - I don't know how I could do that besides constantly supporting his career, but if there ever is a way to let him know how much that means to me I will do it.

Edited by SporranTart

I think what some fans forget (sometimes) is that Gerry is human, like many of you have already said. He could have good days. He could have bad days like the rest of us. Timing is everything. 

I think about that all the time. I often think that sometimes we think celebrities are super-human or something :p. But I love how, despite his mood, he seems to give as much time as possible to his fans. I wouldn't blame him for being a bit down right now...whats happening with burns?

Sporran, Im more jealous that you got to meet other gerry fans in person! :lol: I probably wouldn't have the courage to ask him for an autograph. I have been known in these situations to stand at the back of the crowd. Im so glad you got to meet him :).

:wave::wave::wave:

I was one of those ladies who thought that Carly Lynda was

out of line in some of the things she said to Gerry. I especially

didn't care for the "get your arse to Montreal" line. Or maybe

just the fact that she repeated it on the board as tho it was

so cute and endearing. The whole story was a bit obnoxious.

This is coming from someone who tried very hard to carefully

recount her meeting with Gerry without bragging and trying to

be mindful of peoples feelings. There is a very fine line there,

and I even get upset at times reading fans' stories that go into

the multiple kiss factor or insinuate more personal things. In

cases like that it should probably be kept to themselves -or

between friends and not be made public. But again, its a heady

experience that one wants to shout from the rooftops.

Gerry is such a gentleman with his fans. I do think that if he

were abrupt that there had to be a good reason for it. And

according to many girls- some fans get a tad randy and overly

familiar with him. If he is treating us like ladies, then he shouldn't

be treated like a sex toy either. Of course, we can all think it,

but I don't think it should be vocalized in a public place...and I

do think that if Gerry had a real "interest" in anyone...he would

not be shy about trying to connect with them. Uh-oh....sorry, girls

I do get wordy about this subject. But its my 2 cents worth... so

forgive me. I just adore the man and hate having him dissected,

or felt he owes us anything other than his best performances and

his effervesent sense of humor.

Donna

:cheer:

and I even get upset at times reading fans' stories that go into

the multiple kiss factor or insinuate more personal things.

Sorry, but if he gave me multiples kisses, or even one of the more open mouthed variety that he has been reported to have given, y'all would be hearing about it over and over and over again! :wink:

I looked at th clip again and when you listen carefully to Gerry. You can hear him just say the last part of "You want me to sign your tits". But you have listen real good

OK Sofie - I guess I'll be FORCED to go back and watch the video clip again to see if I can hear it. You have twisted my arm - yeah like it took any twisting to make me watch it again, again, again, again...........

Well, even at volume 100% I don't hear that part (wish I could). I love how he started laughing when he realized how what he had said was going to sound (he puts his head down in what looks like wee embarassment). I do hear where after the "sign yer tits" would be he starts saying apologetically "I'll have to...." which ended with something like "put my hand on yer breast te do that." I'm just happy that any of it is on video and that the MOST important part where he seems to recognize my Tart name and then just decides to give me a hug and says it over and over is on there. That is what I most wanted to be able to hear again and the fact that I can hear it and see it is a tremendous gift for me that I will always and forever treasure more than words can express.

It was so cute when he kapt saying Sporran Tart! I hope I get the chance to meet the guy someday. :cunning:

I hope I have the chance to get him to touch my boobs! :WeirdFace:

:Pervert:

Actually, I think it would be best if it never happened! I dread to think of what I would do.......

:WeirdFace:

Actually, I think it would be best if it never happened! I dread to think of what I would do.......

:WeirdFace:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG! Honestly Sarah, it might be nice to give the man some warning...."Ger, go right ahead and touch them, but I swear, if you graze a nipple, I will NOT be responsible for what I do to you after that....."

I certainly know what I'd do....I'd just offer to make him less embarrassed...we could trade...he can grab a tit if I can cup Billy...... :angel1:

MY EARS ARE BEING SOILED!!! (lol yeah right :p)

Edited by candy281

Gee, if only GALS had been around when I had my moment.....who knows what far more bawdy thing I might have said in response to "did ye wahnt me te sign yer tits?"

1) Sign 'em, grab 'em, snog' em - help yerself!

2) Sure, as long as you let me grope Billy.

3) They're all yours big guy, do with 'em whatever ye want.

4) Sign me, feel me, touch me, peel me......(sung, of course ala Tommy)

Really I think there is only one answer to that question:

"Fookin' oath YES!"

How about just "Abso-fookin-lutely!"