Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #14

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here. Between Christmas shopping, working on getting parties for next year and my day job I am just running around like crazy. When I get home I just seem to veg in front of the tv. LOL

I can't wait for Friday and the weekend. We are closed Christmas eve and day so it will be a four day weekend.

Well I am off to work. I'll check in later.

Happy New Year girlies!!!!!

Here's hoping all of you GMCL have a great time tonight be it relaxing or dancing it up. Relax tomorrow but afterwards the year begins. I'm off to VEGAS tomorrow so wish me luck that I get out of here before the snow comes. Oi!

Cassie

Absolutely, Welcome to the boards. You will have a lot of fun here. Also we occasionally have little get togethers with our bunch of Gals. When ever we plan one you will see the information here and you are more than welcome to join us if you would like to. That is how I got to know everyone in this group.

Can't wait to get to know you better.

Miklyn

Edited by Miklyn

Happy New Year (and late Merry Christmas) to all of you!!!!

Welcome to all the new posters! :waves: We are a friendly lot I swear. So are we planning for the Nim's Island release yet? *pants in anticipation*

Good Afternoon to all

I have been lurking around, but haven't had much time to post. Now that the holidays are over I'm hoping I'll have more time (and motivation).

I saw PSILY and loved it (of course). But, my only little gripe is that they kept the concept of the book, but so many things in the story were different. But, regardless, I think they did a fine job with the film. Although, Miklyn had dubbed me "cold-hearted" because I don't shed a single tear while watching it. It IS sad, but I just don't cry watching it.

Our holidays were good - we stayed home on NYE as always. We enjoy staying home and having our own little party. I worry too much about sharing the road with drunk drivers more than anything.

Anyways, not much else to report. Glad everyone is well and "HI!!!" to all the newbies! Welcome!

Hey there GMCL's- it turns out I CAN COME TO INDYFEST THIS YEAR!!! I just got confirmation that there is a software user conference I need to attend in Cleveland October 13-17 so that dovetails right into the timing of Gerryfest. I'm excited to be able to return to the midwest if just for a couple of days (I lived in Fort Wayne for 9 years back in the 70's).

Susan - I hope you can join us for the Indy Gerryfest! It is always so much fun and it would be great to see you! Keep us posted!

I'm not too far from Indy so I may be able to attend this one since I'm not going to Vegas. I'm not sure if I want to leave a 2 1/2 month old, but we shall see. I need to see my Gerry girls!

Cassie

Hey there GMCL's- it turns out I CAN COME TO INDYFEST THIS YEAR!!! I just got confirmation that there is a software user conference I need to attend in Cleveland October 13-17 so that dovetails right into the timing of Gerryfest. I'm excited to be able to return to the midwest if just for a couple of days (I lived in Fort Wayne for 9 years back in the 70's).

That is Great News Susan! :woo: It will be nice to see you again! :claphands:

I'm not too far from Indy so I may be able to attend this one since I'm not going to Vegas. I'm not sure if I want to leave a 2 1/2 month old, but we shall see. I need to see my Gerry girls! Cassie

Cassie...I hope you can go but I do understand your feelings about leaving a little on so soon. Just have to wait and see! ;)

Stacie...you BETTER go girl!!! :D

Edited by Scorpio613

PATKAY - NICE TO HEAR EVERY ONE LINING UP FOR INDY !!!

EVEN THE CALLY GIRLS ( SUSSAN~SPORRAN )

NEVER TO TO EARLY TO START THE LIST-PAT

ILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON LIKE I SAID

MAYBE THIS TIME I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE JODI UP ON HER OFFER TO

SEE HER 4X6 "300" POSTER AT HER HOME

Posted Image

ALONG WITH EUROFOX PORTRAIT

DLSPBS - PAT

P.S. JUST WATING FOR THE DETAILS

Edited by DLSPBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is keeping warm in the COLD weather!!! Looking at my desktop weather thingy it says it's 0 degrees. WOW! This is definitely a weekend of staying home.

I went into major organization mode today and did a whole lot of cleaning out and rearranging. It has been an all day project! Plus, my house has been neglected all week since I have been caring for Lanie. She got over her ear infection and then got hit with a UTI. Ouch! Poor little thing - those hurt so bad.

Our side business is going good - we're booked for a gig this Friday, then one next month, and then we just got booked for one in September. They're all for motivational dancers for Bar Mitzvahs and school events, and not the ballroom dancing. But, we don't care! It's money to be made easily. I'm excited about this gig this Friday because the theme is a western hoe-down, so we're wearing jeans and cowboy hats. Should be a lot of fun!

PatKay - Hope you have a great time this weekend and are feeling better! Tell us how the convention went!

Cassie - I have forgotten to offer up some big congrats to you!!! Hope you can come to Indy, it's such a good time!

Susan - So great to hear you'll be joining us!!!!!

Stacie - What's up girl!?!?! I haven't seen you on the boards in ages (or maybe you haven't seen me? LOL). I hope you can make it to Indy this year, we had so much fun last time!

Anyways, back to cleaning. Just wanted to take a little break. Plus, I have to give these kids a bath. While involved in all my cleaning they decided to color themselves. LOL They have some good body art going!

Hi, Trixie.

No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth although sometimes I have to wonder. LOL Glad to hear your side business is going so well for you. Very exciting! There hasn't been much going on here, just working to keep myself busy.

I'm planning on coming for the Indy trip again this year, so I need to start saving now, because I don't want to miss it. And it would be so much fun to get to see all of you again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi All...

Well I am finally back from a very busy, but fun weekend! The Cubs Convention was great as usual! My son had a really good time since it was his b-day weekend and he had a lucky streak going. He won the opportunity to meet and get Ryne Sandberg's autograph (next to Mark Grace, Ryno is my favorite player) and since he won, I got to see Ryno too! There are only 250 passes per player, so he was very lucky! He also won a 2008 team signed ball (real signatures, not a print). He caught an autographed hat from one of the players (Matt Murton) at the Opening Ceremonies. My husband also caught a hat for me but it was Pat Hughes' hat. He is the Cubs Radio Announcer. And finally, several of the vendors that we see every year gave him alittle something for his b-day. That is not counting all the stuff we bought him for his b-day at the convention. So I would say he had a VERY Happy Birthday this year! :party:

We also saw The Blue Man Group yesterday and had a Blast! I loved the Blue Man in Vegas and Chicago was just as good. Basically the same show but scaled down a bit because of the size of the theater. The Briar Street Theater is very small. We went with my inlaws and wasn't sure if they would like it since it is "performance art". But they did and my kids loved it especially the end with the paper. If you have seen BMG, you'll know what I am talking about. But the MOST fun for me was...I got "interactive" with a Blue Man!!! :ohmy: The BMG show is audience interactive, so the Blue Man walk out into and on top of the audience at different times. At the end, when all the paper is being pulled down to the front of the stage, the Blue Man are mingling in the audience. Well one of them walked up to my seat (I was at the end) and climbed onto my seat! He put one foot on each side of the arms of my seat and stood over me, then proceeded to stay there and dance (in their Blue Man way)! I could feel his legs touching my arms as he moved back and forth! It was an interesting position (and view) to be in! ;) All I had to do was reach up and :omg2:!!! It was quite an experience and the most "interactive" I ever thought I would be with a Blue Man!!! :cunning:

Ah but now we have to come back to reality. :wall: My kids are off of school today which is good because they have homework that they did not get to do over the weekend. Yes our mean school gives homework over the weekends. Tomorrow I have a school play meeting. I will be working on the school play again this year. It should be fun, it is Once Upon A Matress otherwise known as The Princess and the Pea. My daughter is in the chorus because only the 8th grade students can audition for the principle parts. Since she is in 7th, so she has to wait one more year! :sad2:

Trixie...congrats that your business is starting to take off! :woo: The western hoe-down sounds like alot of fun! Let us know how it turns out!

I too have a big organizing job in front of me. The kids got new computers for Xmas but they are still sitting in boxes. I have to organize the downstairs area to make a better workspace for them. Right now they are using my old computer in the computer cabinet but my husband is going to move that to his office. I want to organize a workspace that they can share so they can work together and I can keep an eye on what they are doing on the computer! No chat rooms or My Space for them! But it is such a huge task that I keep putting it off. :scared:

As you can see I am feeling better so I have more energy! Maybe I should use it to organize the downstairs area? :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

PatKay

Wow Pat sounds like someone had a great birthday! You're such a good mom. Well, when you get those computers out of the box you will be a great mom. :funnyface: You're too cute! :lol:

Trixie - I'm so glad to hear that your side business is doing well. Word gets out and you never know you could be booking up dates in the summer before you know it. You guys are very good and you deserve success. Keep us posted...

Stacie - What up girl! I had a blast when you were in town. I love hooking up w/my girls. I wish that we didn't live so flipping far away from each other.

And with the weather being so cold I'm like a homebody big time. I don't like cold weather and going out other than for work doesn't interest me at all. I'm happy being home.

I feel like I've been away from the board forever. Oi! You guys take care and I will be back shortly.

Cassie

Cassie, I'm with you on being a homebody during winter. I hate the cold weather and am all for staying in an snuggling up and staying warm. I had a great time too in Chicago and wish I was closer. Shame we can't get together more often but I'll take advantage of the get togethers I can get to. Speaking of which, are you planning on going to Indianapolis in Oct?