Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #14

Hey Jilly! :wave:

You're right Pat this thread has been too quiet. I don't go to Taste, but we are right in the middle of Summerfest up here in cheeseland. Anyone want to go to the best and biggest music festival in the country? It is something else!

Also if anyone ever goes to the Wisconsin State Fair I wanted to post that my step daughter's band will be playing there. Saturday August 2nd Budweiser stage at 4pm. Name of the band is Cross County Junction. They are VERY VERY good.

Dawn...my husband and daughter will be at Summerfest this Sunday to see The Jonas Brothers!!! My daughter is madly head over heels in love with the Jonas Brothers!!! :yahoo: I was originally scheduled to to go instead of my husband, but Sunday is the first day of Tech Week for the play and I cannot miss it. My daughter is not suppose to miss it either, but since she had the tickets before the play I am letting her go. I went to Summerfest years ago and was looking forward to going again. I guess I will have to wait until next year. :unsure: Best of luck to your step-daughter and her band! :rockon:

:bounce: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL THE GMCL'S!!! :bounce:

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things have been kind of quiet here lately? :unsure:

Today is Opening Night of the play! :woo:

This week is Tech Week otherwise known as Hell Week because the rehearsals are everyday (since Sunday) and run from 6:00pm to 10:30pm. Needless to say I have been sleeping in almost every day.

Opening Night is always exciting even though we have been doing this everyday, it is always exciting to be actually performing in front of a live audience. :encore:

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.

Would love to see more posts from the GMCL's to hear what you are doing with your summer! ;)

Gotta go work on some backstage notes.

Later,

PatKay

PatKay, I see you are busy as always with your plays, huh? Bet you're having a blast once again. Sure hope you are!

As for myself, there is not much going on with me. Just work and that is pretty much the extent of things. Not very exciting. LOL

Hope everyone else is doing well out there in GMCL land. :kiss:

Well we just completed our 4th show yesterday and are now on a 3 day break. I am just vegging today, trying to catch up on some much needed rest. It will be nice not to have to run out tonight and actually have a dinner at home. :D

The show has been going Great! Opening Night was a Huge success and yesterday was a matinee and the place was packed! :encore: We only have 2 shows left and it will be a mix of relief and sadness when it is all over. As much as it is hard work and long hours, it is alot of fun and so satisfing to watch everything come together. It will be hard to wait until next year to do it all again. :crybaby:

I can't believe I am already getting reminders about buying school supplies, football and cheerleading schedules already! It is only the middle of July but we are already getting reminders from the school about such things. Jeeze, can't the kids (and the parents) have some time NOT to think about school? :(

Well I'm off to do some laundry since I haven't touched it in a week. :unsure:

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! No one has posted here in quite a while! Seems everyone has been busy in GMCL land!

Not much going on here. Just getting the little guy ready for kindergarten and I'm getting ready to start my fall dance classes. I have a few weeks off until then, so that's good.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I just wanted to pop by and say hello to everyone!

HELLO TO ALL THE GMCL'S !!!

WINDING UP A VERY BUSY SUMMER AND HOME AT LAST !!!

HOPE ALL ARE GETTING READY FOR INDYFEST ???

NICE TO SEE EVERY ONE THERE AGAIN

DLSPBS - PAT

P.S. PATKAY

ANY GMCL B-DAYS IN AUGUST ???

JUST WONDERING

• 2 weeks later...

NEWS: LAC will NOT be filming in Chicago. :crybaby:

LAC to film in Philly

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Frank Darabont To Shoot LAC In Philadelphia

Frank Darabont To Shoot LAW ABIDING CITIZEN In Philadelphia

Published by Rich Drees at 2:48 pm under Coming Soon, Directors, On Location, Writers

Frank Darabont's next film, Law Abiding Citizen, will be shot entirely on location this fall in Philadelphia.

The story centers on a string of murders taking place across the city being masterminded by psycopathic genius who is locked behind bars. Gerard Butler will star as the prosecutor responsible for the psychopath's incarceration who is racing against time to stop him.

Exciting news for those of anyone who is a follower of Darabont's work and for any film fan living in the Philadelphia area. And if you're like me, someone who lives in the Philadelphia area and is a fan of Darabont's movies, it is a double win!

Philadelphia and the surrounding region has certainly seen its fair share of film and television production recently, with numerous smaller projects as well as bigger productions like M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening, which was released this past summer, and the upcoming Marley And Me, Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones and Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen all having used the area for location shooting. Looking towards the future, Shyamalan is currently planning on shooting his next film, Avatar: The Last Airbender, in the area and talk continues to circulate about a full-fledged production studio being built in the near future.

Edited by Scorpio613

This is nothing against Philly-I enjoy visiting there and there are some fantastic places to see and eat and everything but it looks NOTHING like Chicago!! Philly has many old, historic buildings and only 1 building in Chicago was built before 1879 when most of the city burned down. It just has an entirely different look than Chicago. I was disappointed when they said LAC would be filmed in Detroit but at least it looks more like the city it was to represent. Now I can't imagine how they can make us believe Philly is Chicago-just my opinion-not an attack on Philadelphia. If I'm attacking anyone it's filmmakers that seem to think anything between LA and NYC looks like everything else there and that everyone in the middle is out of the loop! Excuse me-I get carried away at how Hollywood portrays those of us in the middle of the coasts!

This is nothing against Philly-I enjoy visiting there and there are some fantastic places to see and eat and everything but it looks NOTHING like Chicago!! Philly has many old, historic buildings and only 1 building in Chicago was built before 1879 when most of the city burned down. It just has an entirely different look than Chicago. I was disappointed when they said LAC would be filmed in Detroit but at least it looks more like the city it was to represent. Now I can't imagine how they can make us believe Philly is Chicago-just my opinion-not an attack on Philadelphia. If I'm attacking anyone it's filmmakers that seem to think anything between LA and NYC looks like everything else there and that everyone in the middle is out of the loop! Excuse me-I get carried away at how Hollywood portrays those of us in the middle of the coasts!

Totally agree...I am biased being a Chicago native. but I've spent alot of time in philly on business. I guess if they use the interiors only and close up street shots...but where will they get that great lakefront!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear GMCL's,

Please say a prayer for Kittypro, Vanessa and all the other Texas ladies who will be affected by hurricane Ike due to make landfall in their area sometime tomorrow. Several of them will be hunkering down and riding the storm out. Pray they are safe and their losses will be minimal. :grouphug:

O Gracious God Who created the earth and all that is in it, Thou didst give us so many blessings;

Indeed, Thou didst fill the world with so much beauty, bounty and no end of wonders!

We ask Thee now to save Thy people from nature's fury, from storm and flood and raging fire.

From KittyPro:

I'm sending out this message to a bunch of you just in case you're wondering how we fared through Hurricane Ike. Some of you had expressed concern, and I thought I'd just send out the word that Larry, the girls and I are all OK. Our back yard looks like a bowl of spaghetti with all the downed power lines, and the front yard looks like a jungle with fallen limbs everywhere, but the house only sustained a few lost shingles and none of the cars got hit or crushed.

I'm writing from Fort Worth at the home of my mother and father in-law. We lost power at about 3 am Saturday morning, and I wouldn't be surprised if repairs are not made for a week or more. So, we left Houston yesterday afternoon, headed west, and then north in a rather round about route to miss the main path of the storm, and got here at about 10 pm last night. Life without air conditioning was pretty unbearable even for one day, so we thought it was best to leave until power gets restored.

The storm was incredibly scary! The rains were heavy, but it was the winds that were truly frightening. It was howling, literally. You could feel the walls shaking. I think my neighborhood got hit by at least one tornado from the looks of all the huge trees that are down. Directly across the street, a 100 foot pine tree was literally ripped up by the roots. It fell across the front yards of THREE houses across the street. An immense Sweetgum in the yard behind us was snapped in half like a twig. My Redbud tree has totally VANISHED! It's just NOT THERE! Every utility pole along the easement at the rear of our lot is snapped off at the top. Amazing! There are trees everywhere - across streets, on top of houses, on top of cars. You could hear the snapping of the trees and power poles as they got hit, and sounds almost like sonic booms when they fell. It was terrifying.

But, we were so lucky. We're all OK, the cats are all OK, and as I said, our property is a mess but sustained no severe damage. I'm glad we had a place to take refuge here in Fort Worth. Still, I am anxious to get back home. We'll have to wait and see exactly how long that will be. The last I heard, they were not allowing people back into the city yet. No one tried to stop us from leaving, though. LOL!

I only have a S-L-O-W dial-up connection here, and I can't get onto the message boards, so if some of you would perhaps pass the word along to any I might have missed that we are OK, that would be great. I will try to get someplace in the next few days that has high speed wireless so I can check in personally.

I hope all my fellow Houstonian friends made it through the storm OK.

Cheers everyone! I'm happy to be alive!

Hugs,

Pat (kitty)

Thank the Lord she and her family are ok.

Continued prayers to those still affected by Ike. :grouphug:

PatKay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...