Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Hi everyone! I am finally back at home after a week in California. I hated to come home, but I must admit that I'm glad to be home now that I'm here! My daughter played the piano in the talent part of the pageant she was in and played the best I've ever heard her play in a competition. She played Mozart's "Turkish March". Unfortunately, the judges were in the mood for dancers and Broadway-style singers this year! :tissues: In the over-all pageant standings, she placed in the top 10 and won 1st runner-up in Miss Personality. She represented San Antonio well. We had a great time! Here are a couple of pictures of Erin and her dad, PAL Good Sport, from the formal wear competition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Susan, so sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon! :rose:

Bella, that is awesome news! You've worked so hard on this project! :yourock: I'd love to bid on Gerry USA, just don't know if I can afford him! :D AJ, the mandoll that lives at my house, has nearly cost me a fortune already! :bonk:

Congratulations Bella!

I knew once he was made aware of it he would agree. It's for a great cause and he's a great guy. I'm so proud of you and your presistance in making this happen! :claphands:

Cassie

Yeah, I get to decorate my cubie today for Christmas. I mentioned it a few days ago and was told by a co-worker that no decoration because there maybe someone who doesn't feel like celebrating Christmas or is going through a bad time, but I walked by this same co-worker on Wednesday and she has decoration up, so I'm going to put mine up too :D

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. Some people are WAAAAY too sensitive and politically correct. Decorate that cube, woman!! :dance:

I may not be Jewish, but I wouldn't be offended in the least if someone put a menorah on their desk. ;) To each his/her own, I always say...as long as it isn't putting down someone else's beliefs, who cares? :confused:

I'm back to work today. It's raining AGAIN. It may turn to snow later. And my annoying co-worker appears to have shown up for work, once again, without brushing her hair. :doh:

Happy Monday! :wave: Is it 2:30 yet??

People need get their panties out of a wad! Its Christmas for heaven shakes!

Donna, you sure your not working with me, cause there are days it doesnt look like I have combed my hair. Thats really about every day :D

As someone who is Jewish, I need to stick my two cents in here. If you celebrate Christmas, my God put up your damned decorations! I think it's so stupid for businesses like that to say that someone cannot decorate their own personal work space for their own holiday. If someone told ME that I couldn't put up Chanukah decorations, you bet I'd be making a fuss about it.

I think what people have a problem with is when stores only recognize one religious holiday, but even as a Jew, I know that Christmas has become more commercialized and secular than religious. I think this is very sad, but it's what has happened. I do not get offended when stores put up Christmas stuff, or Christian put up Christmas decorations; so long as people respect my right to celebrate and decorate for my holiday. Same for Muslims and Ramadan; Africans or African-American and Kwanza; etc.

This world needs to stop worry about who they're offending and start respecting our difference and celebrating them.

JMHO. :D

Lisa

Just flying by but had to stop and say CONGRATS BELLA!!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/lad...ing20a20jig.gif

I was soooo down when I wasn't able to host Gerry USA because of my moving and everything so now I'm ESTATIC!! Way to go Bella! :claphands:

:D Fran

Edited by discoveringme
GIF changed to link due to size.

OMGerry! OMGerry!

He said yes! He said yes!!

GerryUSA will be on his way to GERRY today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heat:

We're sorry, but GerryUSA's personal assistant has just fainted.

Thank you all for having faith in me and this project!

(Now just promise me that you will bid when he returns from GERRY'S hands!! )

OMFB!!

Can you tell that I am excited???

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

:hearts:

Thank you GERRY!! Thank you GERRY!!

THANK YOU GALS!!

Bella

Tell me, tell me! What's so exciting, and what did Gerry say yes to?????

Lisa

Hey Lisa - since sometime last year Bella has been the "personal assistant and travel coordinator" for a Marek action figure named Gerry USA. He has been traveling throughout the U.S. meeting GALS and Tarts and other Gerry fans, having his picture taken at all kinds of fabulous places, and accumulating a trouseau of gifts and clothes and goodies. Bella has been making a scrapbook of his travels. He is to be auctioned on eBay to raise money for Toys for Tots and since he began his adventures Bella has been trying to arrange a "meeting" of the real Gerry and GerryUSA and she has just accomplished that. In just a short time Gerry USA will go up for auction. I got to host him in Southern California (twice) and also in Colorado and Wyoming so I have a really soft spot for him and I've been saving up to be able to bid on him and his fabulous assortment of photos, journals, and goodies. He got to meet Tony Curran when he visited me the first time. We just happened to see Tony when we went to lunch in Hollywood and he took pictures with us and the doll which was a real hoot.

We used to have an open forum about him, but then someone at another site set up an imposter member claiming to be Bella and giving "rights" to any pictures taken of Gerry USA and nasty things were being done with them and said about them so that forum became password protected here.

Oh Bella!!

That is so COOL.

Congrats to you and Gerry USA.

Hi everyone: :wave:

Bella: :omg2: That is awsome!! You

and all the Tarts who hosted Gerry USA

worked so hard for this... :yourock:

Lady Elissa: Your daughter is very beautiful,

you must be very proud of her.

I had a day from hell at work today. Didnt

get home until 8pm. But coming here and

seeing what all my GALS are up to always

makes me feel better. :hug::thankyou:

Is anyone going to make the PSILY debut

at Graumans??? Hope so, take lots of pikks!

Finally saw the promo on TV last night for

the first time. I was so excited....

Well Gotta run, have some paperwork to do.

I pray you all have a wonderful night.

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Susan, thanks for that! Why, oh why, do I always come in on these cool things too late? I'm so sad, but so happy for you, BELLA, that you are making that connection with Gerry. I hope he gets a kick out of it!

I hate my job, and I hate my students. ARGH. I need to teach 1st graders or something . . . .

Lisa

Greetings ladies!

Nice to see the SC hopping with lots of news and Gerry goodness. I'll have to catch up on all the latest posts, meanwhile I just stopped in to say hello!

I'm feverishly working on my current chapter of Chanson, and with everything else going on, my time on GALS has been pretty limited. Don't worry though, even if my involvement here dwindles.... my feelings/admiration/love and respect for Gerry have not changed.

Hope you are all having a fun kickoff to Christmas!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Wow you can tell its getting to be the busy time of the year. I need to come up for air... too much work, kids b'days, trying to figure when to shop and decorate. Yikes. OK Stop Breathe and think about the REAL meaning of this time of year.. Blessings to you all whether it be for Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa etc..!!

BELLA!!! :pointy: You rock!!! :yippee: Let us know when He goes up on EBay I wanna bid!!!! With all of us trying to outbid each other I'm sure Gerry USA will make tons of $$$ for the kids!!

Annemarie

Hello everyone :wave:

Its been too long since I have been in here. I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the Holidays. And I also hope everyone is enjoying all the great Gerry excitement that has been going on.

OMG Bella that is great new! How exciting!

:hugsnkisses:

Erica

Edited by Erica78

Hi Everyone...I havent been on here in like two days. I hope everyone is doing ok with all their shopping and stuff.

Bella that is exciting!!

Hi my other GALfriends!!! :wave:

Anyways last night I got my research report on Dr. King done. *wipes forhead* Im glad it is done with. I was up til almost 11 my time but Im glad it is over with now.

Paige :wave:

Good Morning lovely ladies!!!! Just a quick drive by to say eh oh. I finally saw the trailer for PSILY on tv this morning. I was watching videos on VHI and I had just turned around and I heard the tag "My husband was only 3? when he died" and I went WTF! It was the trailer. I liked the tv version much better personally. Not as cheesy. BTW, if anyone else has seen it, correct me if I'm wrong but he dies at the age of 30 in the book, but I could have sworn she said her hubby died at 35 in that movie trailer on tv. It may have been my ears, but I could have sworn she said 35. Hum...

All you GALS have a great day!

Cassie

:claphands: Congrats to Bella! Wonderful news! What a creative way to raise money for a very worthy cause!

I caught my first trailer for "PS I love you" Gerry looks great.

Have a wonderful day, GALS. :wave:

A quick good morning to say that I hope all my GALS have a great day today! I also saw my first PSILY trailer last night on TV. I scared the living daylights out of my son yelling at him to rewind, and I actually screamed like a banshee, but hey - it was the first time and I was actually taken by surprise with it.

It's getting really cold here, and that means a lot of fog and just plain ol' yuckiness. I miss Southern Cal so much!!! Summer cannot get here fast enough . . .

Hugs and love all the way around!! Have a beautiful, wonderful day, everyone!!!

Lisa

Bella!! I am so excited for Gerry USA!! It is lovely of Gerry to agree to meet with him, but knowing how he feels about children's charities, I am not surprised! We loved hosting the wee man and I am so thrilled that he is finally going to meet with the Big Guy!!

Elissa, those pictures of Erin and Bill are beautiful! Erin is a lovely and talented young lady and we never doubted that she would represent San Antonio so beautifully!! Bill looks really dishy too! I'm glad you guys had such a great time in California, but I am glad you are home too! Let's do lunch!

Hope you all have a wunnerful day!!

Suzie

Thanks to all my GALS / GB.NET / Hearts / Tarts / Angels Hostesses!!

:bow2:

Without your help none of this could have been possible. :D

The auction should start on December 14th on eBay depending on when he arrives back here from his visit with Gerry. (Presumably around December 9th for his PSILY premire. Wouldn't you just die screaming if he had GerryUSA with him at the premire? I would!) So anyways, my head out of the clouds.

I sent our little guy today with a gift mug full of Navy goodies for the publicist for her generosity, a birthday / thank you gift for Gerry, the journal, two disposable cameras (JIC!), and a photo for Gerry to autograph for the scrapbook. I wanted to smooch our little guy and have him pass it on for me, but my luck he'd get kissed by all the cute secretaries instead! :rotflmao: I'll save my snogs for when I get to meet Gerry one day!

So think good thoughts, and remember you all are to thank for this project! Your support has been my motivation to keep trying -even after they told me no, and that Gerry was just too busy!

(It's the squeeky wheel that gets to meet Gerry -right? :lol:)

When you see a child smiling after Christmas this year, think to yourself:

"Maybe I helped put that smile there!"

Because maybe you did. :hearts:

Bella

Maybe I should plan to bring Gerek MacManly to the premiere, in case he gets a glimpse of his cousin, Gerry USA! I'm so excited about Gerry meeting GerryUSA, finally!!!!

Hi Ladies!!

Drive-by posting here......got one foot out the door to go to work (swing shift) now that i'm FINALLY off that @Q#$@#$ automated phone system I use to call in my morgage payment every month. :bonk: (my paychecks cut it too close to the due date, so rather than pray the post office doesn't have any hiccups, i just call it in.) They made some poor woman record all the fine print and it just goes on ON and ON and ON and ON.. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm surprised I manage to get off the phone each month before I die of old age..sheesh.

Anyway..hope y'all had a lovely holiday!

:hugs:

Star

Edited by StarDust767

Hey ladies...just a quick drive by. How are we doing? I am listening to music right now...really loud music and hopefully watch "A Christmas Story" sometime later in my undead Dracula/Helsinki vampire life :rotflmao: .

Hey Pammie I got this off of The 69 Eyes forum...its a Jussi doll :lol:Posted Image.

Ok I must go now before I get myself into trouble with the doll :rotflmao:

Hey Pammie I got this off of The 69 Eyes forum...its a Jussi doll :lol:Posted Image.

Ok I must go now before I get myself into trouble with the doll :rotflmao:

Hey Paigey

How cool!!

PammieK

Hey, Gals. *yawn* I wonder when I will ever be able to catch up on all my missing sleep... Not much to report on my end....

Oh, except for the fact that my boyfriend decided.... I'm not sure what he decided, actually. But he's not my boyfriend anymore. We'll leave it at that.

Huh, guess what I just realized? I'm one of the first 100 GALS on here. Which is saying something, beause we have how many? like... 5,000? ha ha Go me!

Edited by MadameAngel

*waves back to Pammie* I couldnt find a Jyrki one...*gets into a hissy fit then calms down* Ok Im good now lol..

Look cute eyes underneath the glasses :D

Posted Image

And here is some Finnish spread for us Pammie :D

Posted Image

Paige