Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Guest DonnaKat

My cat had a spaz attack tonight and attacked me. Let's just say, if she wasn't already declawed, I'd probably be in the emergency room right now. :tantrum: I have never wanted to do physical harm to an animal...until tonight. Right now she's locked in the spare bedroom, until I figure out what I'm going to do with her...and until I've calmed down enough to not hurt her.

Yes, I am an animal lover...but there's a such thing as self defense.

Is she the model for your siggie? :lol:

Seriously, sorry about the attack. I wonder what she was worked up about... :confused:

We used to have a kitty that would turn on us if we pet him too much. A couple minutes was fine but if we went over the imaginary timer that he had going in his head, watch out. We learned that he wasn't much of a cuddler. And he wasn't declawed.

Hope you and your kitty are both okay.

Guest DonnaKat

I know what triggered it. It was the stray cat that was up on my porch. I tried to push her away from the door and she went berzerk. But this isn't the first time she's done something like this. The veterinarians can't even handle her.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to make a drastic decision very, very soon. I would have given her to a shelter a long, long time ago, but I know they will never be able to adopt her to anyone. Sending her away is going to be a virtual death sentence, I'm afraid.

I just don't know what to do with her right now. But I can't have an animal in my house that could potentially injure me, or other people that might come in. :confused:

I truly am sorry to hear about all that. I think that's one of the hardest things to have to think about when we own an animal.

:hugs: to you as you decide what to do. Maybe someone around here has a suggestion? There's a pet forum here on the site, maybe ask in there??? Pet Forum

I wish I had better answers for you.

Donna, I'm sorry! I have 4 cats and 2 dogs. Recently, our dogs had one of our cats cornered. When my daughter tried to rescue the cat, she got bitten in the hand. We treated the bite with antibiotics and, thankfully, Erin is fine. Our cats are all declawed, and very gentle. Since the "attack", the cat has been her normal, gentle, self. I really think she just attacked out of fear and panic and doesn't represent any kind of threat. We were out of town last week, and our animals were boarded at the vet. The staff at the vet's clinic said all the animals were fine and their usual gentle selves.

*waves back to Pammie* I couldnt find a Jyrki one...*gets into a hissy fit then calms down* Ok Im good now lol..

Look cute eyes underneath the glasses :D

Posted Image

And here is some Finnish spread for us Pammie :D

Posted Image

Paige

Good Job Paige! Yummy

Finnish Spread....Hahahahhaha

:wave:

Oh DK. Sorry to hear it. I had that happen this past summer. The DEEP scratches went from my palm to almost my elbow. I know what you mean about wantin to hurt them back. He (Lucky) was chasin another cat and I made the mistake of grabbin him. He turned and bit through my hand and proceeded to kick my arm with his back claws. It was awful, And I was on the phone at the time with my mother. She thought someone was tryin to cut my head off! I hope it all works out for ya. Just remember, she loves you. :kiss:

PammieK

Donna..I am sorry to hear about your cat. I hope it does not get to a point to where you have to make a decision for her. I know what it is like to lose a pet to that decision but it was for something else. I will keep you and your cat in my prayers.

And Pammie if you want more Jyrki spread ive got more... :rotflmao:

Paige :wave:

Donna, that happened to my ex a few years ago, and our cat attacked him out of fear. He was treated with antibiotics for three days, and then was fine. Cat was, too. I have three cats currently, and I know there are many of us out there who have cats, and we love them all. They are a part of the family, and having to make those hard decisions are never easy. Especially if you have to make them alone. I hope you have support around you to help you out.

madameAngel - I'm so sorry to hear about your relationship. I hope you'll get to the point (if you're not already) where you feel better off and realize that if he didn't want to be with you, that it's all on HIM, not you. We're here for you, lady!

Hugs and Love all around!!!

Lisa

Donna I had a cat like that once, though he never turned on me or my husband. But he would attack just about any stranger that came into the house and would hiss and growl at us sometimes because we LET a stranger into the house. He was declawed and the vet said that declawing him may be what made him so aggressive, because he knew his normal first line of defense was gone. He was an oddball - I remember him attacking new furniture we brought in the house, like we hadn't asked permission to bring it in so he was going to hiss and growl and jump at it. The vet couldn't handle him, the groomer couldn't handle him. When we boarded him I would have to be the one to go back and get him out because nobody could put their hands in the cage, even with heavy gloves on. He died of kidney failure 11 years ago and I still miss his grumpy old self. Neither of my cats now are declawed but we pay the price for it with random scratches (usually to my husband who plays more with them - I'm more the cuddler) and furniture that has been shredded down to the wood (really - it is hideous - a homeless person would reject my sofas!!)

Hey Donna. I have 3 cats myself and I think the occasional spaz is just cat nature. Cats allowed themselves to become domesticated and choose to keep some of their wildness, not the other way around. :cunning: They're *VERY* sensitive, territorial creatures and I think your puss was feeling extremely threatened by the stranger kitty. I think it was an instinctive reaction that made her do what she did.

My cats are not declawed and I've been sliced up MANY times in similar situations. Two of my kitties fight and/or annoy the crap out of one another constantly to reconfirm the pecking order --not in a good way either-- and I sometimes wind up in the line of fire. For example: one night I woke up to 8 sets of claws suddenly stampeding over my exposed face and chest as i was sleeping. It was....memorable :lol:. My coworkers were like "OMG WTF happened to your FACE???" the next morning. I looked like I'd gotten my butt kicked by an acre full of bramble bushes. That was fun to explain..... :rotflmao:.

Another such episode happened to my mom with her siamese, Cleo. My dad brought home a new kitten and Mom was sitting in the recliner holding Cleo when he walked in. Cleo took one look at the new addition to the family, flipped out, and flew right up over my mom's face and off the top of the recliner in the process. Mom still bears the scar on her lip to this day and that was um...14 years ago. Cleo was declawed in the front too..it was the back claws that got mom's lip. The point is, neither my mom's cat nor mine MEANT to hurt us or set out intentionally to do so.

As Pammie said above:

Just remember, she loves you.

Also, cats going BERSERK at the vet is 100% normal. Vets are used to it--in fact most of the vet offices I've been in actually post signs asking cat owners to leave their pets in their secure carriers til the vet or staff is ready to take them out for just that reason-- and are really surprised when a cat DOESN'T panic. I work at an answering service for the vets in my town, so I know them well.

It's a RARE cat that doesn't spaz out at some point for some reason. Dealing with it is just part of owning a kitty. One of my three angels *coughdevilscough* is a people lover, and my vet almost fell over in shock when Bridget was let out of the carrier in the exam room on our first visit and just started exploring, purring, and loving on everybody instead of going totally wacko.

In the land of catdom, that makes MY cat the weirdo :D .

:hugs:

Star

Edited by StarDust767

Guest DonnaKat

Thanks for the support, everyone.

I have two cats. She was my first, and I was required to have her declawed in order to keep her in the apartment I was living in at the time. She has always been an aggressive cat, but she seems to have really mellowed out (for her, anyway), the past few years. That's why I didn't think she would turn on me like this.

My other cat is a Persian, and when I got him I decided he needed to keep his claws. ;) I've never had any problem with him. He's very gentle with me, with the groomer, and with the vet. He's also the ruler of the kitty pecking order (which is why I think she calmed down). The stray that was on the porch is a female...so I think that might have had something to do with her being so territorial. My male cat could care less. Maybe she's his girlfriend, and my female got jealous. You know how females are when it comes to their "territory". :cunning:

I'm okay. She did bite me, but the bite didn't go that deep. I think she upset me more emotionally than physically, because it's a scary thing when a hissing and spitting animal keeps latching itself to your arm over and over with an intent to maul and maim you.

I think the solution is to call animal control to have them try to catch the strays that have been hanging around. At least my cats didn't get angry when all the bunnies were hopping around the yard.

Hey Donna. Take this advice from a High School student who is studying to become a CVA. Take your cat to the vet to be sure that she does not have what we call Cat Scratch Fever. Now Im not saying she has that but there is a possibility and have yourself checked out too because even though the name has scratch in it humans can also get it through a cat bite too. And I am sorry if I scare you for saying this.

Guest DonnaKat

Well if I begin sporting a loincloth and singing Ted Nugent songs, I probably have it.

J/K, Paige....I couldn't help it. :rotflmao:

:funnyabove: Its ok Donna...that was funny

Posted ImageLadies, hope you all have a fantastic day....

Donna, sorry you're having problems with your cat.My sister had a cat that was a spaz too.You could pet him for a few minutes and then

he'd turn and bite you.Her mother-in-law was sitting in the chair with her arm on the armrest and Trouble (cat's name) walked by and bit her on the elbow.Fran hung a sign on her door that said Attack Cat. :lol: He was an outdoors cat and fought with everything in the neighborhood.One day he just disappeared and then they found him dead under the house.But he was very old.Cats are strange creatures, they pick and choose their own.

Anyway Good luck with your cat, hope all turns out well.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well....

Posted Image Peggy

Well if I begin sporting a loincloth and singing Ted Nugent songs, I probably have it.

J/K, Paige....I couldn't help it. :rotflmao:

:funnyabove: :rotflmao: well, my computer screen has coffee spurted all over it now....oh well, needed a good cleaning I guess.... :rotflmao:

Wow...you guys have me really freaked now. I've never really been around them because I'm really allergic to cats....and now I have been adopted by one!!! I have a really big backyard and a month or so ago a little cat showed up in my backyard. She was so starved that you could see her ribcage. I kept hoping she would go away but she kept hanging around and it broke my heart....sooooo I fed her. Well, since then she has been to the vet and fixed (where I found out she was a female...so I named her Sadie), had all her shots, has two beds in the garage and a boda litter box! Posted Image

Up until now she has been really gentle...but she wants to be a lap cat and I just can't be that lap, so I'm looking for a good home for her which hopefully I will find....but until than, I hope she doesn't spaz out on me or I'm dead! :lol:

Suzie and Susan, I think it must have something to do with our names....but now I'm down with an awful head cold....today is my glass day...but I got up at 7 this morning and was so sick I took some medicine and went back to sleep until this afternoon! OH well, guess I'll work on some Christmas cards to take my mind off of it!

hugs to all (Peggy, love the little gif...thanks sweetie).

love,

Sue

Oy, everybody is getting head colds! My co-workers have been sneezy, and tonight I spent some time with the niblings, and two of them have colds as well! *quarantine*

Awww Amber, I'm sorry to hear about your guy! :hug99: Blast it all... *frown*

So! All this kitty talk... I'm sorry about your cat, Donna! :hug99: Mousie and I had a cat when we were kids (well, I guess I was a kid, she was a teenager) his name was Coconut.

Posted Image

The only time he ever scratched or bit me was when I handled him too rough... and even then, I got bit and scratched a lot less than I probably deserved! Ah, kids... treat pets like stuffed animals... Anyhow, he was a very gentle cat. We had to give him up because of our youngest sister's asthma.

BTW Sue, that little kitty is ADORABLE!! :hearts:

So much PSILY stuff coming out... less than a month, w00t!!

~Mel

Hi Everybody!! :wave: Been away a lot in siggy world and haven't done very much reading or posting so thought I would pop in for a sec or two. Did read about the cat stories and our Sue's are all sick I take it? Gerry juice ladies...Gerry juice! OMG just looked at all the new PSILY pics and Damn near had a stroke... :heat: I said in my post I think Hillary is in love but she doesn't know it yet! The way Ger is looking at her in some of the pics would have me melted in a puddle on the floor.... GOOD GAWD! :thudstars: It's so funny but my daughter-in-law and the twins (my teenage granddaughters) all said isn't that the guy that you and your friends are always talking about?? Thay said they ARE anxious for the movie to come out because it looks like it's going to be a good movie! I said YAY I have someone to go to see it with.... I can't wait to hear their comments. I will keep you posted as to their reaction. Anyway... gonna go and rest my back for a bit... Sitting on here at the puter for so long is starting to hurt my old back!

:yippee: :yippee: Just as I was signing off PSILY promo came on. I'll bet it's been on at least a dozen times today..... I'm lovin it!

Okay back to saying Goodnight and SGD! Warm {{{{{HUGS}}}} to all my galfriends that are feeling ICKY right now ....hope you are all better soon Ladies.....

:D Fran

Hi everybody! :wave:

I'm enjoying all the cat stories...I have always loved cats; love the way they move, the way they groom themselves, just their haughty attitude, as if they're doing us all a favor by allowing us to be in their presence, and boy, they have personalities, don't they?

I hope you ladies with the colds--or whatever other maladies--are feeling better soon..I haven't had one myself for quite a while, thankfully..*kock on wood*

I haven't had a chance to catch up on reading all the recent posts, so I know I've missed out on some of the things that have been going on in your lives lately, but please know that for those of you who are struggling, I send out my love and support, and for those who are experiencing good things, I rejoice with you...speaking of which--Mel..did I hear some kind of rumor that you've got a new job? I know, I know..that's probably old news, and I really have been out of the loop lately, but if that's true I am very happy for you!

To everyone else, I wish you a wonderful evening with plenty of Sweet Gerry Dreams..and based on all the juicy pictures we've been blessed with lately from PSILY...that should be an easy thing for all of us!

Hugs to all my GALS,

Alison

Good Morning lovely ladies!!!! Just a quick drive by to say eh oh. I finally saw the trailer for PSILY on tv this morning. I was watching videos on VHI and I had just turned around and I heard the tag "My husband was only 3? when he died" and I went WTF! It was the trailer. I liked the tv version much better personally. Not as cheesy. BTW, if anyone else has seen it, correct me if I'm wrong but he dies at the age of 30 in the book, but I could have sworn she said her hubby died at 35 in that movie trailer on tv. It may have been my ears, but I could have sworn she said 35. Hum...

All you GALS have a great day!

Cassie

Cassie, just saw the trailer where she says," My husband died at the age of 35, he wasn't supposed to die". So you weren't hearing things thats what she says in the movie.

Posted Image Peggy

Yesterday must have been the day for pet freak-outs. Sorry your cat flipped, DK. Last night, I dripped some chocolate ice cream on the floor and my mom's mild-mannered (usually) poodle went to lick it up. Since it's chocolate, I went to shove all 7 pounds of him away with my foot and he ATTACKED ME!!!! :confused: Needless to say I was a wee bit confuzzled... He's never been aggressive before. Must have been some freaky moon phase...

Guest DonnaKat

I firmly believe poodles are cats in dog costumes.

Then again, I'd probably have a similar reaction if someone tried to shove me away from chocolate ice cream. :tasty:

Then again, women are often compared to cats...and since a poodle is really a cat in disguise...

What was I saying again?

I hope you're okay, Lish. Those little poodles can be dangerous to the ankles.

My cat, Cotton, is the devil's spawn!

Posted Image

She was my late husband's cat (a Turkish Angora) and I sort of have to keep her. She likes me and my brother, Rick. The rest of the world is her target! Thank God I had her declawed (in front) when she was little, because the remaining claws and teeth are lethal! She goes into the night crazies every evening about 10 and rips through the house like a maniac! Then she goes to sleep. I guess I could put up with most of her antics, but she has designated my formal dining room as her litter box (even though she has two which are kept clean). No amount of pleading, swatting or bribing can break her of the habit. She is 15 and reasonably healthy, otherwise I'd have her put down. But then, she was Gene's and I just don't have the heart. Oh, did I mention she is deaf? Anyone out there want a biting, scratching, bad tempered, 15 year old deaf cat with bad potty habits? Hummmm???? :bow:

Suzie

Guest DonnaKat

Hmmm...my demon cat (did I mention her name is Angel) is also white. Coincidence? Conspiracy? Hmmmmmm...

A LOT of white cats are deaf...especially if they have two blue eyes. It's a genetic thing. Angel isn't deaf, though. She only pretends to be deaf, like when I'm trying to get her to do something she doesn't want to do.

Here she is trying to look deceptively innocent:

Posted Image

This is Whiskers, who IS innocent (I guess he's my vanilla boy):

Posted Image

Yeah, he's curled up in my bed. It was during an ice storm when I was stuck home, and it was freezing outside. He got cold because he had just been shaved. We spent the day in bed together, cuddling up and watching movies. NOT LIKE THAT, GUTTER GALS!! Behave!