Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Susie - I swear by two cures for the common cold - one is Airborne (I know it is a preventative but also helps once you have a cold) and the other is Zicam. Just don't use them together because the vitamin C in the Airborne cancels out the Zinc in Zicam (or something like that). Zicam comes in all different forms from lozenges to nasal pump. And after using those I love to dose myself with chicken soup too! Hope you feel better soon.

Cassie - I can't wait to see the other entries in the scrapbook contest. I'm still challenging all my local scrapping GALS to enter.

Ainaran - welcome to GALS - you have come to the right place for someone who doesn't want an intervention. Our form of support is to feed your addiction, not try to get rid of it!!!

Lisa - have fun in the gallery. I know I do whenever I get a chance to visit. BTW - if you decide you want to dive into the Gutter let me know - there is a whole other active dark underbelly down there for those over-18 who have posted enough to let us get to know you, which you've certainly done.

Jenn - have a blast in "Nawlins" with Holly and Big Mike and take lots of pictures!!

To those who have this week off - lucky you!! I've got 3 super busy days at work then I'll get 2 days off but probably have to work on the weekend again.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon my dear galfriends!

Posted Image to GALS and to the support center (where we support each other's obsession with the man) Lisa and Ainaran! Lisa, are you in Northern CA or Southern CA?

Suzie, I hope you feel better real soon dear! The only other suggestion I can add to what has already been suggested is that you see a certain doctor Posted Image now this one would really help relieve any pain I had!

Jenn, have a safe trip and give Holly and Mike a big hug for me!

Everyone have a Posted Image

B2 (and his parents....lol....will be here in two days...I can't wait)!

hugs,

Sue

Hey everyone! I want to come back and comment on all I've missed... but for now I wanted to post the good news!

I was offered a job this morning!! At a local dental lab, not sure of the exact position yet (gutter gals, control...) but they will call me on Wednesday and figure that out since there are a couple available. I start a week from today! Thanks everyone for your continued support and love!!

:hearts:

~Mel

Ahhh Mel, that's wonderful (and something to be very thankful for too!) Posted Image

Betts, I just saw you're post....oh honey, I hope you feel better too!

hugs,

Sue

Ainaran! Welcome to the SC :wave: If you even thought about "intervention", you won't find it here!!! We are all drooling nut cases over the GMan! It's good to have you with us. Pop on here any time!

OK guys, what is the best way to treat a cold? Right now it's all in my head - what little room there is in there - but it's making me feel rummy and runny and stuffy and drainey and icky! Any suggestions????

Tang gue :sick:

Suzie

:rotflmao: You're funny, Suzie!

The best way to fight a cold, IMHO, is to take Airborne. It has all sorts of stuff in it that will shorten and lessen the symptoms of a cold.

Lisa: I didn't care for Cherry Orchard either (it took them ten minutes to walk out the door at the end!!). But I did like Gerry's and Xander Berkeley's characters, the only ones who did anything (oh, and Melanie Lynskey, too).

Ainaran: :Welcome2::igotgals: , too!

And Mel... :goodjob2: :bow2: :cleavage2 (hey, how did that get in there?)

Talk to y'all later,

Mousie

Attention: The contest for the Aaron Bros. PSILY contest is over!!!

Congratulations to the members who may have won either the First prize trip to LA or won the second prize autographed movie poster, or the third prize movie poster

Paige :wave:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hiya! :wave:

Been a while eh?

Welcome Rosie and Ainarin. For Rosie, I definitely am one gal who does look and admire many other men...well, not that many. LOL! I've actually been a little "Gerry depressed" since finding out about PSILY, because it's just not my kind of film. But hey, most of the fans are going to love it, and I'll go see it because of my support for him. I'm so excited for his other films...the film formerly known as Game, Nim's Island and whatever he does next. When he's not around I do have other..ahem.. distractions.

Cassie, are you feeling any better? How's the family?

Congrats Mel!!!

OMIGOSH, Paige! I was over at my brother's house over the weekend, and his brother in law's family came over-the one who has the comic convention-if you remember...or not...LOL! His teenage daughter and I get along really well-which is weird because she's old enough to be a daughter if I had one. I commented that I liked her sparkly scarf that she was wearing around her waist like a belt. She said that she blames the Finnish musical groups for that. I was like, "HUH?" And she continued to explain the various bands she listened to, which then reminded me of you. I told her that I knew about a couple of bands...H.I.M. which happened to be one of the first groups that added me as a Myspace friend...weird I know! And then I asked her to name some singers because I couldn't remember Jyrki's name. And she did and I said, "THAT'S THE GUY!" So she proceeded to tell me about the other bands she likes, which for the life of me I couldn't remember. I'm sure we'll get together later on for another family gathering. Have to catch up on the bands, you know. LOL!

And speaking of comic conventions, this brother in law, who does his own conventions and works with the two big ones, has given me a little insight to who he will be having as guests next time...in May. He's invited me again, and has connections to a lot of the Star Trek Next Generation actors. Some might remember my tale of Denise Crosby two years ago. Fun! I really had no idea who she really was. Wil Wheaton will be one of the guys coming, which I think will be fab. I get hosting responsibilities, which means I get to hang out with the best of the best. I believe Jane Wiedlin has opted to come back again, which makes me doubly excited. She and I got along great last year.

My brother in law was doing a guest shot for the show "NUMB3ERS", where the episode happens at a comic convention. It's going to be on this Friday...AFTER MOONLIGHT!! My brother in law set up the place for them and met quite a few of the actors, who he asked to come to his convention in May. So, there might be some upped actors at his convention this year. We'll also see who he can finagle at the San Francisco comic convention in Feb.

Other than that, I had a great birthday weekend for my little lovely niece. And on Wednesday, I'm off to Arizona for Thanksgiving.

DARN, I write so much!

~alice

:music:

:wave: Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I wanted to share this video that I found on youtube that brought a smile to my face. I was feeling a little down but after seeing this, I got my Gerry fix. It is a really sweet video, and honestly one of my favorites! Enjoy.

I DID NOT MAKE THIS, I JUST FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXdNFRJ0iE

*runs screaming thru thread like a lunatic*

MY DAUGHTER JUST CALLED.

SHE EARNED HER BLACK BELT IN TAE KWON DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud, I'm about to burst. She tested on Saturday with two other women and all three of them just found out they passed.

:party: :party: :party:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Back to your regularly scheduled Gerry-lusting. :kisswink:

Jilly :rose:

Awwww Jilly, Congratulations! And now you know she can hold her own on a date now!!!!!! Posted Image:claphands:

That really is an accomplishment.

Jenny, Posted Image...that video really did bring a smile to my face as well! And welcome to GALS and to the support center.

Alice, I missed you....and you NEVER write too much.

Posted Image

Sue

Wow, so much happens in one day! LOL

SuzieAirborne is really good, but only at the onset of a cold. Zicam will do it for ya.

Jilly HI and that's awesome news! Not an easy task!

Mel Congratulations!! I haven't been around to know your job hunting struggles, but I do know how hard it is. Wonderful for you!!

Sue I love your Kung Fu Kitty!!!!

:claphands: to everyone! What a wonderful Thanksgiving week this is starting out to be . . .

Lisa :hearts:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Guest greyeyegoddess

Congrats JILL!!! Proud momma!

Awww...thanks Sue. I feel I do write long posts, because I write these long, long entries for my blogs...almost daily. So coming here, and then writing a long entry, gads!

I like this little gallery update on the side. It's cool!

~alice

:music:

*not a long post...hahaha!*

:wave: Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I wanted to share this video that I found on youtube that brought a smile to my face. I was feeling a little down but after seeing this, I got my Gerry fix. It is a really sweet video, and honestly one of my favorites! Enjoy.

I DID NOT MAKE THIS, I JUST FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXdNFRJ0iE

Jenny, that's a very cute video! Thanks for sharing the link! Made me blush with crushy delight!

Thanks all for the congrats! :hearts:

Amber, take the time to breathe this Thanksgiving weekend! I was always wiped out after a show closed myself...and I also know exactly what you mean about wanting to be where you are now... that was high school for me as well. My senior year I won the thespian of the year award, something I didn't think I'd get when I was a sophomore... ah, memorable time!

Hugs to all...!

~Mel

Hey, she can use nunchucks just like you, Mel.

I wonder why so many people around me use those things. :confused:

(right click's saves the little nunchucks guy) :lol:

The lovely Zany found that little guy for me! :hearts:

I'll bet your daughter can whoop my tail at those, Jill! *hides* That reminds me... now that I'm about to be employed again, I can start going back to the studio! *happy dance*

~Mel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey, GALS!

Long time, no talk! :rotflmao:

Question!

Does anybody else here get a little "creeped out' if someone checks your profile repeatedly, but doesn't leave any kind of message?

Granted, we all get curious once in a while....but being checked out NUMEROUS times? Hmmmm.....

Anyways....there are FIVE people who do this to me ....three of which are male.

Duuuuudes! At least leave a message! Sheesh! :lol:

:wave:

Hi everyone! My family and I finally arrived in Garden Grove, California tonight at 9:00pm and got checked into the hotel. Our flight from San Antonio to Dallas was delayed for over an hour, and our flight from Dallas to Orange County was also delayed due to a power outage at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. Our daughter is competing in a pageant here this week. We have her laptop, so I'll be able to check in here now and then.

Congratulations Jill and Mel! :claphands:

Hugs to all!

Suzie, Cassie, Susan~Sporran, Alice, (hope I didn't miss anyone) -- thanks for the welcome assurance that my GALS will always be encouraged here.

Suzie, about your cold: zinc works well for me when I'm really sick, although it tastes awful. Chicken soup is nice, as is mint tea with honey -- unstuffs your nose and tastes good.

This wouldn't help Gerry or any underage Gals & Pals, but for a sore throat, I drink a double shot of brandy or cognac before going to bed & let the liquid slide down the painful part. The next day, the throat feels a lot better, without fail.

Of course, you could always take a big shot of Vitamin G :DPosted Image

Edited by Ainaran

*runs screaming thru thread like a lunatic*

MY DAUGHTER JUST CALLED.

SHE EARNED HER BLACK BELT IN TAE KWON DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud, I'm about to burst. She tested on Saturday with two other women and all three of them just found out they passed.

:party: :party: :party:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Back to your regularly scheduled Gerry-lusting. :kisswink:

Jilly :rose:

Congratulations to both of you!! And hugs all around!!

Posted Image

Welcome Ainaran!! :wave:

This wouldn't help Gerry or any underage Gals & Pals, but for a sore throat, I drink a double shot of brandy or cognac before going to bed & let the liquid slide down the painful part. The next day, the throat feels a lot better, without fail.

Ah, bug...that doesn't help me either, I don't drink. But that's very good advice, I'll have to keep that in mind for others!

~Mel

A good, old-fashioned hot toddy always works for me, along with a shot of vitamin G. :D

Hi, Ainaran, :Welcome2: