Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Thanks for the remedies, GALS. Last night I drank a shot of peach brandy before bed. I slept for 9 hours! (I'm not much of a drinker). I don't know if it helped my cold, but I sure didn't give a hoot! LOL!

Jilly and Mel, congratulations!! Glad to hear you both got such good news. :claphands:

Elissa, I wish Erin major good luck in the pageant! She is a beautiful, talented young lady and deserves to win!!

Hope everyone has a great day getting ready for the festivities. Everyone stay safe!

Suzie

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What IS in a Hot Toddie, anyway???

Thanks for the pics, Nordic Girl!! I love the snowmen! Very funny!

Suzie, glad you slept! Sometimes sleep is the best medicine of all (as well as booze). :rotflmao: Also, I ADORE your siggie!

Today is cleaning day, ladies. It's bathroom and kitchen day - whoo hoo, huh? Isn't my vacation FUN!? Don't you wish you were me? :bonk: NOT! But, I have Epstein-Barr Syndrome, so I have to stop every 20 minutes and rest. So, it's not that bad, really. Wait til my son gets home - that boy has to do the hard stuff!!

Lady Elissa, I hope the weather in OC is better than it is up here! It's yucky and cloudy. Enjoy YOUR vacation, hon! It's gotta be better than mine!

Okay, I'm done blabbing. Love to you all, and (in my best Ahnuld voice) "I'll be back."

Lisa :hearts:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Hey, GALS!

Long time, no talk! :rotflmao:

Question!

Does anybody else here get a little "creeped out' if someone checks your profile repeatedly, but doesn't leave any kind of message?

Granted, we all get curious once in a while....but being checked out NUMEROUS times? Hmmmm.....

Anyways....there are FIVE people who do this to me ....three of which are male.

Duuuuudes! At least leave a message! Sheesh! :lol:

:wave:

That's creepy Pil. You should leave a message on thier profile. "Sup, guy? You get your jollies checkin me out? I'm checkin YOU out, DUDE!"

:rotflmao:

BTW Nice piccies

Wow Pliar, I didn't know we even HAD 3 men active on the site? Have you ever thought that maybe it's Gerry incognito, and he has fallen you? Hey.... it could happen!

Well I'm finally COMPLETELY over that stoopid gland/virus thing, and looking forward to Thanksgiving with my family.

I am also happy to report that I've completed 18 pages of the current chapter of Chanson I am working on, and expect this chapter to exceed 30 pages. I finally worked my way through a very discouraging block, and have passed through the most challenging segment.

I hope to complete this chapter by Thanksgiving day.

BTW, on a personal note, I can't tell you how much I am enjoying the renovations we made to our basement. Our bedroom and Nathan's studio are located in the basement, so it is an extremely important part of our house. Being able to create a beautiful and romantic bedroom for my husband and myself, has really been a dream come true. You would hardly know it was a basement room.

We put in all new GORGEOUS plush carpet, in a beautiful sage green. We purchased all new bedding; comforter, bed skirt, pillow shams and accent pillows, as well as sheets. The bedding is of a French styling in beautiful soft glacier blue and taupe, with subtle embroidered flowers in various hues of soft blue, green and taupe.

The walls are painted light sage green, and we purchased the most gorgeous lamps! The bases are an antique looking metal.... with a soft frosted taupe patina, and the shades are taupe silk linen. I love these lamps, because unlike most of the lamps we looked at, these are not at all gaudy, but simple and elegant. We were able to get four great matching lamps for less 100.00! The set came with two matching table lamps, a wonderful floor lamp and a darling desk lamp. When I'm in my room, I turn them all on!

The greatest thing, is that we hung curtains and valances to match the bedding, from the ceiling to floor, covering our ugly basement window, and the even uglier cabinet doors that cover the crawl space entrance. So now, it just looks like we have two large windows, like any bedroom!

You cannot imagine how happy this has made me! And now Nathan has a really awesome studio, which will soon have real doors!

We also carpeted the rest of the basement in a beautiful patterned sage green carpet, with flecks of dark teal and slate blue. And the bathroom is stunning with its brand new white pedestal sink and matching commode with brushed nickel fixtures. The bathroom is decorated in shades of taupe, cocoa, silver-turquoise, slate blue and white. It has a brand new fiber floor, that I swear looks like travertine tiles, in shades of beige, taupe, butter cream, and slate blue. We still have to paint the bathroom walls, install new lighting and our awesome storage furniture, but already, it looks fantastic!

So that's what we've been doing for the past four months.... but that's nothing compared to what's in store for the upstairs next Summer! WOWEEEEE... am I excited!

Okay, well... I must get back to Chanson.

To all of you are are fighting illness.... just hang in there and rest up.... you'll soon be better!

Swannie

Guest DonnaKat

Does anybody else here get a little "creeped out' if someone checks your profile repeatedly, but doesn't leave any kind of message?

Granted, we all get curious once in a while....but being checked out NUMEROUS times? Hmmmm.....

Pilar, I'm tempted to go into your profile and check it repeatedly...just to find out who has been going into your profile and checking it repeatedly. But if I did that, then I'd be guilty of checking your profile repeatedly, and thereby creeping you out by checking your profile repeatedly. If I check your profile repeatedly and then leave you a message, would that be less creepy? :confused:

Oh the dilemma. :doh:

Wait a minute...do we even HAVE three guys registered on this forum? The only one I've seen posting was Big Mike.

If I had three guys checking my profile repeatedly and not leaving a message, I'd probably put something juicy in my profile...just to creep them out when they checked my profile repeatedly. Then again, no one ever checks my profile repeatedly. So I won't...unless they start checking my profile repeatedly.

I'm going to stop, because I think I'm repeating myself....repeatedly. :funnyface:

Yes, our house is really tiny and old, and the only space large enough to fit our king sized furniture was the basement. Of course basements can be very dark and dreary, and the challenge is to make them feel like regular rooms. With everything else going on the last few years, we really haven't done any work on our home, so it's just great to get some of these things accomplished.

We still have track lighting to add, and some molding and trim work coming in, but overall... it's just wonderful.

PSILY is just around the corner, ladies!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pilar, I'm tempted to go into your profile and check it repeatedly...just to find out who has been going into your profile and checking it repeatedly. But if I did that, then I'd be guilty of checking your profile repeatedly, and thereby creeping you out by checking your profile repeatedly. If I check your profile repeatedly and then leave you a message, would that be less creepy? :confused:

Oh the dilemma. :doh:

Wait a minute...do we even HAVE three guys registered on this forum? The only one I've seen posting was Big Mike.

If I had three guys checking my profile repeatedly and not leaving a message, I'd probably put something juicy in my profile...just to creep them out when they checked my profile repeatedly. Then again, no one ever checks my profile repeatedly. So I won't...unless they start checking my profile repeatedly.

I'm going to stop, because I think I'm repeating myself....repeatedly. :funnyface:

Posted Image

Guest DonnaKat

Pilar, I am so snagging that smiley...but not repeatedly. Just once. ;)

BTW...I believe I nabbed the little critter that bit Gerry's tongue. Except it wasn't a squirrel...it was a prairie dog. Look...he even looks guilty....

Posted Image

If Gerry would like that particular piece of his tongue back, I'll let you know how he can get in contact with the authorities.

DonnaTheObsessedWithWoodlandForestCreaturesAndThingsKat

Edited by DonnaKat

Yes, our house is really tiny and old, and the only space large enough to fit our king sized furniture was the basement. Of course basements can be very dark and dreary, and the challenge is to make them feel like regular rooms. With everything else going on the last few years, we really haven't done any work on our home, so it's just great to get some of these things accomplished.

We still have track lighting to add, and some molding and trim work coming in, but overall... it's just wonderful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh just the right medience to cure me with. :heat: I really can't wait to see this movie....Yeah!

Swannie your new bedroom and bathroom sound really lovely. I especially like that color scheme. Cool colors, especially soft blues and greens that remind me of outdoors are a favorite of mine in decorating (yet I haven't decorated with any of those colors and my whole house is in need of a MAJOR overhaul!).

DonnaKat you crack me up - repeatedly! Frankly I've never even looked at my own profile that often so I have no clue who else might be looking at it but it would be cool if Gerry is (yeah, right, as if)!!

Hello Gals

I havent dropped by for a few days, just been busy. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I am 12 weeks already can you believe it?

Sue, I will call you SOON, I need a Gerry lunch

Jill have a great time with your family, have fun with that airport stuff!

Love ya

Jenn Jobella Jenniper

Suzie, hope you're feeling better soon!

Swannie, glad to hear you're feeling better in time for Thanksgiving. And your renovations sound lovely! I painted my living room a shade of sage green :D although I picked beige and terracotta to go with it.

Grr. Looks like my family is in for it now -- hubby and oldest daughter are both sick.

Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone (who celebrates) to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Also, while looking through Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple magazines I ran across PSILY advertisements. Guess they're aiming toward the homemaker department. :D I've been promoting the movie at my girls elementary school. I volunteer 2-3 times a week in the copy room and whoever comes through to chit chat I tell them about the movie and if they're looking for a good book to read I mention it. I think I'm doing a pretty good job getting the word out. HEHE! :D Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow! Thanks for the pics! Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I know I can always come to Gerry's High Rise! Just the siggys and avtars lift my spirits! Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Guest DonnaKat

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Okay, so I'm trying to remind myself WHY I want to be with family this time of year. While I'm glad I have somewhere to go, I just got off the phone with my 15 year old niece who is being a complete brat! I am SO going to kick her butt...I don't care if she is twice my size! :lol: Kids....

At least I don't have to host this year. My brother and sis in law got an 18-pound big ole honkin' turkey, so I'm going over there. I've been baking. I made mini-pumpkin pies and homemade fudge. I took a bite of the fudge (well, a few bites...I had to taste test it, you know), and about had a fudgegasm. It's nice when your fudge packs just right... :D

Now if you'll excuse me, my fudge and I need to be alone...

Guest DonnaKat

I'm reminded of the movie "A Christmas Story" (great movie...I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet) where the neighborhood dogs crash through the door and eat up the Christmas turkey. So the family decides to go out to the Chinese restaurant instead. Very, very funny movie... :rotflmao:

BTW, I now have a fire going in my fireplace...it's quite cozy. And to think, this time yesterday I had the A/C going because it was so warm. Confounded Missouri weather... ;)

Guest DonnaKat

Um, how big do ya want it, Swannie? :lol:

My cat...God love her, and I love her...but she's really, really, reeeeeally stupid. :bonk:

It's frellin' freezing outside...and wet. It's warm and cozy inside. I went outside to get firewood, and she runs out the door. Then I get her inside. Then she starts rubbing her head on the wet cold firewood. Then she starts eating the wet, cold firewood. A few minutes ago, I had to move her away from the fire in the fireplace, because she was about to singe her fur because she wasn't intelligent enough to say "Hey...this is kinda warm. Maybe I should move away from the fire in the fire place juuuust a teeny bit."

Why can't I have normal pets, like everybody else? Sheesh...I have two cats, and God love 'em, and Lord knows I love 'em, but...they're both really, really, really WEIRD. :rotflmao: