Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Lisa: Year round school??? I always thought that would be cool.

OMG!!! Those high res pics... *thud*

Make me happy to be alive.

:heat: :tasty: :drool1::pant::swoon: but mostly... :mouthmaulme: PLEASE!!!

I take it you like the pics, Mousie? :tasty:

There is not one item of anything - Gerry related or not - that is worth my getting up at 4:00 am and fighting with a bunch of crazy people. I did it once years and years ago with my mother-in-law, and I will never do it again. I don't want anything that badly.

There was someone on the news today that said they were there from 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day..what in the hell is so important that you have to buy that you miss Thanksgiving for???

Hello me lovelys!

Those PSILY pictures!! :heat: :heat:

It was cold and blustery in San Antonio today, so I stayed in front of the fireplace and snuggled up with my little dog. There was nothing in any store in town that could have gotten me out of this house. The TV news showed stampedes at many stores - I wonder if the employees at Best Buy and Toys 'R' Us got combat pay!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I spent the day in the Austin area with my mom and brothers. My SIL does Thanksgiving, I do Christmas. One of the things I am so grateful for this Thanksgiving (as I am every year) is that I have a wonderful, supportive family who love each other and are warm and affectionate. My brothers are just about my best friends. It really bothers me that others don't have that kind of love in their lives. That's not to say they weren't brats when they were little. There was the time when I was 16 and they found my diary. They made a lot of money selling pages to my friends! But being the oldest of four kids and the only girl, I always got my revenge. When I had to babysit, I always fixed something for dinner that they hated!! They never forgot that.

Cheers!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

There is not one item of anything - Gerry related or not - that is worth my getting up at 4:00 am and fighting with a bunch of crazy people. I did it once years and years ago with my mother-in-law, and I will never do it again. I don't want anything that badly.

There was someone on the news today that said they were there from 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day..what in the hell is so important that you have to buy that you miss Thanksgiving for???

I'll drink to that!! Good heavens, what's the point of getting yourself all worked up over a present that will be forgotten by New Years? I mean, that doesn't always happen, but most of the time!

LOL Suzie, your story cracks me up!! I'm very grateful for my family as well, I'm close to all of my siblings and my parents, and my family are my best friends. :hearts: We still drive each other insane at times, of course... but it's the nature of the beast. :D

~Mel

What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift those Hi-Res PSILY pictures are. I notice in the one where Gerry is really giving Hilary the love-stare that she isn't looking into his eyes. I imagine it would be just about impossible to look into those eyes, if he was giving you that stare, and not just melt into a complete puddle at his feet, and fall hopelessly in love with him (even if he was only acting). **sigh**

Well, I made a Thanksgiving gift for everyone too. My first-ever video slideshow. First I made a private version with personal pictures for some of my Gerry friends and then decided that I needed to make one for all the GALS. You can find the download link here.

I might put it on YouTube this weekend, I'm still kind of scared of doing that, with it being so very public.

For me shopping after Thanksgiving is a tradition so I did get up and out by 6 a.m. (I wasn't willing to camp out for anything, unless it was a chance to see Gerry!) I stopped at Best Buy a little after 6 because I wanted to get the "300" DVD's on sale and the line snaked all the way through the store - it would have taken at least 2 hours and no DVD, not even one of Gerry's, is worth that kind of wait. Then I went to Target (they had the DVD for $1 cheaper) but they were all out within 15 minutes of the store opening. I did end up buying a pair of shoes at JC Penney, and a few gifts at a specialty store I love that is going out of business (I found the cutest seahorse ornament - purple, of course - and bought it for myself). Then I got some scrapbooking supplies at JoAnns, walked through Mervyns but didn't want to wait in line for anything they had. Finally I went back to Best Buy this afternoon and they still had plenty of "300" DVD's for $6.98 so I bought 3 copies (the limit). I'm planning to give the 2 older step-grandsons their own copies. The cool thing is while I was there I kept hearing people shopping and telling each other to buy the "300" DVD!!! When I checked out the cashier said "Wow, you must like "300" even more than I do!" and I told him I had seen it 18 times in the theater. The poor kid said "I can't even afford to go to the movies 18 times in a year!!"

Oh Susan, thank you! What a beautiful slide show....and I love that new Josh Groban song....yes, we do have so much to be thankful for!

Could you please post that one picture of Glascow University here please? I don't remember seeing that one....I have another shot of the University you posted but not that one with the sign out front. I maybe having a senior moment but I don't remember it.

I agree with you Moonie....NOTHING is getting me to the stores at that time of the night! (and it IS NIGHT). Usually I stay home the day after Thanksgiving and don't even bother trying to fight the crowds but my girlfriend who was up from the bay area wanted to go out so we went out in the afternoon (I figured maybe most of the crazies would be gone by than... :rotflmao: ...but nope....they were still out there.

Suzie, big sisters have their entitlements!

Just a note ... Anna is in Tortola today and will be at Catalina Island tomorrow .... remember to pray for her! I just hope they are having the time of their lives!

I'm glad you all liked my PSILY pics (you all???? Gawd, I sound like I live near Suzie or Elissa :lol: ).....Mel, I have a friend who seems to find everything on the web and she sent them to me.....I never ask her where she finds these treasures....I just thank her and pay homage :bow2::rotflmao:

Well, we are having another Thanksgiving dinner today at my sister in laws house (burp).....oh please, let these days come to an end soon before I have to be rolled around!!!!!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

No, not year round. Our Winter Break is three weeks long. Then we don't get another long vacation until President's 4 day weekend. But, we had this week off, then we're on for three weeks, then off for three weeks for Winter Break, then back to normal. :) It's a traditional schedule, but it's up here - everything is different.

Lisa

Good Saturday afternoon, everyone! It's College Football Rivalry weekend! I'm currently watching Brigham Young University vs. University of Utah... GO BYU!!

Posted Image

I'm been a Cougar fan my whole life!

Kay, enough about sports... :D

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hiya from sunny Phoenix!

I'm here at my sister's house for the holiday weekend. I did go out shopping and you know what, Susan? Shopping here is NOTHING like California. I didn't get up until 5 am and still got into the stores, got what I wanted and got out of three stores before 8 am. Then we went back to the stores in the afternoon and all the craziness was gone. I think I even drove by a Best Buy in the morning to see if the lines were still winding in the store. Nope. No line. I think I may make my holiday shopping spree in Phoenix for the next few years. I am quite familiar with that long, snake line.

In CA, at least in my area, if you want to get to a 6 am store, you now have to get there around 3 or 4, unless you want the super cheap computer or digital camera...then try the night before...seriously!

I go shopping after Thanksgiving, too. I wasn't planning on it this year, but when Target advertised some really great deals for items I've been wanting for my computer...why not? Also found some things for charity auctions. Kind of cool.

I remember going to Target, Mervyns, Kmart, JCPenneys, Sears, etc, years ago just to get the free gifts. Didn't even shop! LOL! Now, everyone goes shopping, there's no really reason to give out free stuff.

I like watching big crowds...kind of fun. Standing in line is a drag, though. I usually have my holiday shopping done before the holidays anyways, because half of my family members also have birthdays between Nov-Dec. It's just too much to shop for both holidays and birthdays. I try to get it done little by little during the year.

I'm having a nice time in AZ right now, although I'm feeling the dry air quite harshly. I haven't had dry lips since...I can't remember. Even with lip balm.

We're debating when to come home. I had planned on coming home today, but it seems my niece doesn't want us to leave until tomorrow. Some of you might remember when I put up the prayer request for my sister and her step daughter. My sister's husband still doesn't have custody yet. Hoping by the end of the year. But she is really enjoying herself, since we shopped with her and my nephew. We've been recording her dances and performances. LOL! She choreographs her own stuff-only 8 years old. She came on Friday...we didn't even have her on Thanksgiving. She leaves tomorrow. Kind of sad. I asked her what she did for Thanksgiving. She said that she and her mom went with her mom's friend and had Thanksgiving in a park. I thought that was nice, but she said that there was no one there...no one to play with. Sad...

Well, I've got a few things I have to do while I'm here. I'll be checking in.

~alice

:music:

(excuse my exuberance that will follow...)

YEAH BABY!! MY COUGARS BEAT THE UTES!! 17 to 10!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

VERY intense game!! It was nothing but field goals all the way till the fourth quarter! BYU was up 9 to 3, but then the Utes scored a touchdown and got their extra point, making it 10 to 9 with only a minute and a half or so left in the game! But then the Cougars drove it down and scored a touchdown, AND picked up two extra points, bumping them up to 17! There was still thirty seconds left in the game, but the final attempt to pass for a touchdown was thwarted, and the game was over!! w0000000000t!!!

*ahem* I'm back now!

Heya Alice!! Enjoy Phoenix, m'lady!

Hey, check out the new scans from EW, thanks for those, Katie!

:hearts:

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Omigosh...that was an intense game. You were probably biting your nails all the way through the game, Mel.

~alice

:music:

Congrats to the Cougars, Mel!!

Sue - here is that picture - it was from our first day in Glasgow when we took the bus tour. Click to enlarge.

Posted Image

Also, for those who are Rapidshare challenged, Mel (Abrock) is kindly hosting my video on her site. You can get the link here Gerry_Thankful video link- but please right click and save-target-as to your own computer so it doesn't use up Mel's bandwidth.

Mel, I'm thankful that you uploaded that... Rapidshare hates me.

Susan, I'm thankful that you put that pic of Alex Rover in there. He's the object of my (almost non-existant but barely there) lustification.

:inlove:

Mel, I'm thankful that you uploaded that... Rapidshare hates me.

Susan, I'm thankful that you put that pic of Alex Rover in there. He's the object of my (almost non-existant but barely there) lustification.

:inlove:

It is also now on youtube - the link was added to the video thread (which I'm too exhausted to go copy here -sorry).

Hi everyone. How was your thanksgiving?

I will tell you about mine. I went to my Dad's for the week and I really missed you guys because there was not a computer in the house. Well...there was but it was my Dad and Stepmom's and of course I did not want to use theirs but anyways. *runs to everyone* I missed you all!!! *takes a deep breath*. Anyways we did not have a home cooked Thanksgiving lunch..we went out to eat at Golden Corral...think about it...a buffet on Thanksgiving lol. Right now I am at home with my Mom and eating leftovers that she made while I was gone and am making turkey sandwiches and ate all the four layer dessert.

Alice for me I blame the Finnish men on everything I do now. On Halloween my Mom said that I looked like Jyrki because I was a vampiress *although i looked more of like a male one then a female* and i was like "Thank you so much Mom!" lmao. Anyways tell her I said hello and that Finnish bands rock and tell her that if they hold another comic convention more then likely Jyrki will show up because I hear that he likes comics and graphic novels.

Welcome to our new members that I have not met yet...excuse my obsession with all European men from Finland and Scotland lol

Donnakat...The Christmas Story...one of the favorite movies in my family. "You'll shoot your eye out!" "Ho!Ho!Ho!" lmao :D

Paige :wave:

Edited by Paige

I'm glad you all liked my PSILY pics (you all???? Gawd, I sound like I live near Suzie or Elissa :lol: )

Sue, sweety, Texans never say "you all", we say "y'all". C'mon down here and we will give you lessons in Texas Twang (although neither Elissa nor I have strong accents - honest - we don't!! )

Susan, your video was wonderful!! Thank you so much for brightening up this dreary day!!!

I am enjoying a day in front of the fire watching Gerry vids. It's nasty and wet and cold here right now with the possibility of snow flurries in the Hill Country (but will be in the 80s later this week). Welcome to Texas!

Hugs for a happy Sunday to everyone!! :hug99:

Suzie

Susan, thanks for that video!! It was great and it sure did brighten up my day. :claphands:

Hope you all had a very nice Thanksgiving.Mine went smoother than I thought it would.But my Mom and I were tired at the end of the day! :wave:

Saw that new Beowulf movie and it was, bad!.Maybe JMO but I hated it.The acting even was so poor.

Sue, I know you were in seventh heaven with B2 there for thanksgiving.So glad to hear it. :wave:

Well mom says dinners ready so guess I'd better go.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well.

Posted Image Peggy

Hello lovely ladies. I just got back about an hour 1/2 ago from my in laws. It was their year for THANKSGIVING so we went there. Well, Thanksgiving was nice, but before we left was really bad and I'm not sure when we're going to talk to my in laws again. They're the type of people that have for years put themselves on pedestals especially his mom and think that they can do no wrong. She plays the bloody martyr so much it's sickening. My father in law has 3 brothers (6 total but 2 died young) who he hasn't formally spoken w/in years. One of them lives one block away from his house right next door to his mother and they don't talk. Heaven forbid that he think that he and my mother inlaw have done anything wrong, it's the rest of the family. His mom makes drama were there is no drama and reads way to much into things. We finally had our out w/words and I'm already resigned to NOT visit them for Christmas and just do my family. I could really care less. I'm not about to apologize that's for sure. Words were said by his father that were not words of the moment but words that have simmered for a while just waiting for the moment to release it. Completely uncalled for and rude and I'm not going to put up w/it. The only thing I feel sorry about w/this whole matter is my son not being able to see his grandparents. I'm mad so i'm in this state of "who cares". I'm not using my son as a bargaining chip, but I'm not about to be told that I'm not welcomed back to their home because I made his mom mad and let them see my kid. My kid is a part of me so therefore if I'm not welcomed then my kid is not welcomed. Mind you, this whole "not welcomed" was so over the top by his dad it's almost laughable. My hubby is completely outraged at his parents for being the way they're and he himself is like "I don't care" about a lot of stuff re: going back there for awhile. I made sure to tell a few cousins in the family before we left what happened so his mom won't play the "oh I can't believe she said that about me" routine and get all the sympathy. She's so good at it. I'm not being blamed for nothing on my own in this ridiculous episode.

Lighter note:

Susan - I loved your video and your pic of Uni of Glasgow. I love old buildings and I so wish that I can visit Scotland. I will get back overseas one day I will. I may have to take my kid w/me but that's okay.

To all you lovely GALS have a great Sunday. I'm off to go finish my scrapbook page for the contest. I need something to do to take my mind off serious stuff.

Cassie

Cassie, so sorry to hear about your horrible ending to what should have been a wonderful family visit. It's always so hard when everyone's personalities and selfishness gets in the way of just plain ol' loving each other - unconditionally. I hope that one day things will smooth themselves out.

But, we love ya!!! :cheer:

Lisa

Mmmmmmm... Four-layer dessert... *drool*

It's amazing I can even THINK about food after the Thanksgiving and leftovers. :lol:

Hello my friends!

Peggie, I love that kitty gif (you knew I would)....I did have a wonderful time with my grandson....and I'm going to get to see him in about a week again. Dan and I both are having a problem with our left foot (gawd, have we been married too long to each other or what!!!) Dan's is pretty bad though and there is no way I'm letting him get up on a ladder to put up Christmas lights (even though he says he can do it...yeah, right)....Posted Image so anyway Bryan is coming back up to do it and bring B2 with him!!!! :claphands: I'm glad your Thanksgiving went smoother than you thought....take care of yourself pleaseeeeeee! Posted Image to you my dear friend!

Suzie, I knew it was something close! A day in front of a fire watching Gerry movies....hummmm...sounds heavenly...maybe I will have to come down there so I can learn the language! :kisswink:

Susan, thank you for the picture....it's stunningly beautiful!

Cassie, like Lisa said, I'm so sorry that a time of being with family, giving thanks for all we have turned out to have such an ugly end! I hope that things get better soon.

Hugs to everyone.

love,

Sue

Guest DonnaKat

I was reminded by my sister in law of a promise I made last year to host Christmas this year. :doh: So I put up the Christmas tree this afternoon and decorated the house a little bit. Nothing major this year, because it takes forever to take everything back down. The holiday spirit just hasn't hit me yet, I guess. :confused:

I'm sorry for your family problems, Cassie...trust me, I completely understand. I have to say, while this wasn't the most exciting Thanksgiving for me this year, it was pretty peaceful. I just hope it lasts through the end of the year. :D

Lish my gal!!!!! Did Brayan get any pumpkin pie? :D From the pic on myspace he looks like he wants some!!

Cassie I am so sorry for what happened. I will pray for you.

Donnakat Do not worry..the holiday spirit has not hit me either...nothing is up at my house.

Paige :wave: