Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
jenn

11/14 - SET VISIT: We Visit Gerard Butler on the Set of His Latest Action Extravaganza!

I'm with Swannie! As much as I like action movies I would like to see Gerry in an "acting" movie role like "Burns" could be. PSILY sounds great but I don't think he is in it a much as I would like. "Nim's Island" will be light fare. I would like to see Gerry in a role where you see how good he is as an actor. For instance, "The Jury." He blew me away in that series. More dramatic roles for Gerry.

Kathy :D

I can't wait to see the next two movies coming out as well as the others on the horizon. The variety of roles that he is choosing is fabulous and will bring in all sorts of fans for all different reasons.

For me, I'll wait until I see the movies up on the big screen before I decide that it wasn't the right role for him. Sorry. Just my own opinion. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with Gerry's success and the string of new films coming out on the heels of 300. However, based on this interview, Gerry has very little dialogue in this film. Yes, he can certainly nail the strong, silent type, but how I do long to see him in a film with no gimmicks... no CGI, no explosions or guns, or scfi angle or masks or helmets.

Just Gerry, a great script and a great story with fabulous dialogue, and lots of it.

I know he is capable of delivering great dialogue in the right film. I'm glad he is diversified in his film roles, but I would love to see him in a well rounded dramatic role, where all of his considerable talents are utilized. His pallet of facial expressions, body language, his quick mind and voice are his tools. I hope a role will soon be assigned to his name, that will showcase ALL his skills as an actor, and highlight his passion for taking on a character's soul.

Swannie

Actually from the Rocknrolla review it sounds like its mostly G and good dialogue acting. Yes there are guns, but not in the same way. Plus Nims and PSILY should give us some good acting.

*sigh* I'll just wait until this movie comes out to pass judgement. Still not a big fan of this genre but oh well. I want him funny and witty, soft and sensitive or devilishly rugged. We get to see the action Gerry again, but the genre is just not what I want. We shall see.

Cassie

Hey, I am not in anyway saying Gerry's role in GAME is not right for him! It sounds like a great movie and he's totally pumped about it!

That's fantastic!

I''m just saying, that for FUTURE projects, I am hoping for some literary roles where his vocal gifts can be showcased. He has an amazing, warm and rich speaking voice, and I just want to see him cast in a film built around story and dialogue.

But of course I am THRILLED with all the movies coming out in the next year or so!

Swannie

I'm so :dance2: excited for Gerry. I bet he is going to be great in this one, all the action... is more than enough to see him :drool1: Don't you think? Thanks so much for the info. I really enjoy this sooo much!... :yourock:

I must agree with the "minority". For me, it was rather sad to see that the movie is so of an "action" nature. I would prefer to see our idol in more "subtle" and "substantial" things. If there is not a really powerful story beneath, it looks like one of many action movies that are around already. I know, that he will put all the possible effort and humanity into it and I will go and see it (if they show it here), but it is probable that my boyfriend will enjoy it more than I will. But he is such a brilliant actor, not "just" a stunt guy!

I am happy he likes filming it, but - the imaginary "swear box" is being filled again, and - did they at least let him to enjoy his own birthday?