Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
kiltphan

My Space Gerry Pic - Is This For Real?

No, it's a photo manip, but it's fun to imagine!

Issy

No, my dear. That's a photo manipulation.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

are you sure that wasnt part of mens health spread they did on him??? for 300?

**not that im questioning your incredible gerry IQ's... seems to me this was from a mag though***

Oh well....it's probably close enough to real thing! Heck...I'm still trying to recover from the "hot cowboy" outfit! :tasty:

Completely off topic.....I just saw the sneak preview of August Rush tonight and it was amazing! Hot guys with hot accents and of course the PS I Love You preview.

Is the Gerry Q&A blog on the myspace page real??

Is the Gerry Q&A blog on the myspace page real??

That's what I was wondering. But the page says it's made by a friend of his... why he would have a Q & A is beyond me. Seems a bit odd, but you never know! :confused:

If it was real (the Q&A on the my space link) it was an amazing interview! It actually read like it was real. Some of his answers I have seen before so who knows? I don't think if the person is really his friend or anyone else for that matter would be able to make such a claim for legistic reasons! :confused: As far as the picture....I do a lot of manips and in my opinion bar from the fact of the "subject" that is an incredible manip! Actually flawless!

:heat: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Just a hint of caution or advice.... Though I have no way of knowing if this myspace claim is true, embellished, or totally false... just please remember that simply because something is stated online, doesn't make it infallibly so. This goes for any public online community. Just like I am typing this right now, anyone with access to a computer is free to type anything here (though we have guidelines we try our best to enforce), on myspace, facebook, imdb, etc. There are myspace pages by people claiming to be Gerry, which have proved false. There are pages by people claiming to be aliens. It is up to you to decide what to believe. Bottomline, take what you read, while surfing the net, with a grain of salt and don't buy into any or all claims.

Again, I am not meaning to single out this particular myspace member, because I have no idea if he really has contact with Gerry. (My gut tells me he does not - but that may just be my doubting nature.)

Please just be cautious in where you place your trust when reading online statements. If you fall hook, line and sinker for everything you read, you will be setting yourself up for disappointment and disillusionment.

tmtm..that is such good advice....on another fanforum that i visit,,,, we had a core group that grew very close. and recently we just found out, that one of them was lying about everything that they said, including people that we're a supposed part of their lives, and those supposed peersons started posting also, developing a whole little family of their own, only none of them existed, after finding out they all posted from the same IP address...... very scary..!!!!!!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Just for the record, as I peeked over there, a lot of those questions and answers can be found through interviews Gerry's given, mostly found on GB.net. And the quotes too.

I just don't want fans to give more credit to the page than you all really should. It's not hard to make a page with stuff you can find on the internet.

I also don't think that a friend of Gerry's would post a manipulated picture, especially that revealing. I guess if I really knew Gerry, I'd post a picture that no one else had...to validate my relationship with him.

I realize that fans want a place where they can get direct communication with Gerry, but please, be careful and take this and any other page that claims to rub shoulders with Gerry, with a grain of salt. In other words, don't take it seriously.

It's a pretty page, and the more pages Gerry has on places like myspace, the greater his visibility.

Most people I know, who have connections, don't toot their own horn.

~alice

:music:

There is absolutely nothing there which isn't already available elsewhere. I did notice that Therese R., Escape from NY and Priest were all still detailed as being In Development but they have all been written off. The photograph is a manipulation. Quite doubtful I think.

Edited by patsyb

I knew it was not him the minute I saw it too many muscles in places he don't have them I hate muscles like that anyway it looks fakey to me. Betts :dance:

I'm at work and can't open myspace (it's blocked by our firewall) but I trust the Moderators that the picture is an old manipulation. And given that fact I would say that the person is NOT a friend of Gerry's because then he or she would know that he dislikes manipulated pictures that put his face on other men's bodies and wouldn't have that type of picture on his page. There are some VERY talented photo-manipulators out there who can make a completely seamless manipulation that would fool even the most trained eye. But it usually isn't that tough to tell if the body is really Gerry's for those of us (myself included) who have spent more than our fair share of time looking at pictures of him over the past few years.

There are parts of the blog, the "Gerry Bio" specifically, that has been cut and pasted straight from .net. (It doesn't seem like something .net would tolerate. Even if it IS a friend of Gerry's -- common courtesy would dictate that the person credit .net for the information.)

I find it hard to believe that a "close friend" of Gerry would use a known photo manip. It doesn't take long to run across an article or interview where Gerry says seeing his head on another person's body weirds him out. (That's a paraphrase of course).

Play along with the myspacer if you'd like. But whatever you do, DO NOT DIVULGE PERSONAL INFORMATION online -- especially information that would allow the person to track back to your computer and/or personal identifiers! If "Gerry" wants your phone number and address, make him give you his, FIRST! (Then do a legal skip trace to confirm the information.) Just BE SAFE and GUARDED!

There are parts of the blog, the "Gerry Bio" specifically, that has been cut and pasted straight from .net. (It doesn't seem like something .net would tolerate. Even if it IS a friend of Gerry's -- common courtesy would dictate that the person credit .net for the information.)

I find it hard to believe that a "close friend" of Gerry would use a known photo manip. It doesn't take long to run across an article or interview where Gerry says seeing his head on another person's body weirds him out. (That's a paraphrase of course).

Play along with the myspacer if you'd like. But whatever you do, DO NOT DIVULGE PERSONAL INFORMATION online -- especially information that would allow the person to track back to your computer and/or personal identifiers! If "Gerry" wants your phone number and address, make him give you his, FIRST! (Then do a legal skip trace to confirm the information.) Just BE SAFE and GUARDED!

GB.net knows about this page, because I informed them a couple months ago. Before I let .net know that this person had posted an exclusive interview with Gerry, they had no knowledge that the page existed. This person claims, through bulletins, to be a close friend of Gerry's, and they encourage people to send their personal emails and messages, so that this "friend" can personally pass them on to Gerry.

This may be a harmless page, but it may also be a scam to get information out of people. In the last bulletin they posted, there were quite a few misspelled words.

Swannie

I saw this pic of Gerry on My Space...Is this really him? :heat:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=210403558

I'm sorry kiltphan but that picture is an old manip that's been around awhile.

Ohh How I Wish That Pic Was Real !!!! LOL

Gerry's Playgirl Material...LOL

I totally agree with the mods. As I stated earlier in my post that a lot of that interview looked familiar to me and the reason why is because a lot I believe was taken from a few different ones. I went back and checked out the manip again ....yeah not for any specific reason but to see for myself that it is one. I agree with Betts! Too much muscle even for 300! It certainly is a manip. That is true....what "friend" would put a pic like that out there for all to see... Specially knowing how sought after :heat: Mr. B is! My conclusion ....not a friend....not a picture of G .....and not a real Q&A session! JMO!

:wave: Fran

I guess this is a manip, also.

Posted Image

Because I ran across this of Channing Tatum.

Posted Image

Edited by Jo A. Quin

I guess this is a manip, also.

Posted Image

Because I ran across this of Channing Tatum.

Posted Image

those fingers on the gerry pic look a little too slim to be his big man mitts...... aside from the other exacts in the photo...

the naked body one though, hmm, my hubby did this for a living in large scale photos, and so his work had to be flawless, one of his favorite things to do was to find the mannipped pics, flaws, unfortunately he's no longer with us, but i did what he used to do, using some of our software... i cant see a flaw in the pic.... at first i was suspect about his neck, but after looking at it more, im still wondering... hopefully one of the trustee mods here have inside info, and know for sure that its a manmade pic.. beautifully done if it is..

Guest DonnaKat

There are a LOT of people out there claiming to either BE a particular person, or KNOW a particular person, so you have to be very careful who you deal with and what you divulge about yourself on the internet. I know a while back there was a guy on MySpace claiming to be Kyle Schmid (aka Henry from "Blood Ties"). Kyle found out about it and wanted to set the record straight, so he had Anne (who runs his official website) take a picture of him holding a sign that said "I DO NOT HAVE A MYSPACE SITE".

I'm not saying whether or not this guy is legit, but....I can get on any website and say I'm anyone...and some poor sap is going to believe me. A while back, I had a Nigerian scam artist harrassing me. This one wasn't that smart - you don't try to fool a girl who has relatives in Chicago by claiming you live in Chicago and can't tell me one thing about the city - but it doesn't really matter. He couldn't scam me, but I'm sure he went on to the next person, until someone fell for it. It's a shame, but it happens.

I'm not against photo manips, provided they are TRUE MANIPS...as in, "I'm putting this person's head on a snowman's body to be funny" (yes, I did that...it was for Christmas...LOL). But I would never do a manip in order to try to fool someone. I think that's just creepy. And why even do it in the first place? Is Gerry's body not good enough that you have to stick his head on someone else's body?

If I want to ask someone a question, I'm not going to go thru a "friend's" MySpace page in order to do it. I'm either going to attend a convention where they're a guest, post something on their "official" site (provided they have one), or go thru the appropriate channels (i.e. agent, handler, fanmail, etc). And if I can't do that, then I guess the question won't get answered....it isn't the end of the world, really. ;)

Donna,

Well I think when I do manips I do them just for fun or sometimes by request! I've done many for the PUB! I wouldn't ever try to claim that any of them were the actual picture. I just do them when I see a picture that I think would make a good manip! I'm posting some thumbnails that I made a while ago. Mostly rough stuff but I'm getting better!

:D Fran

click on to enlarge. You can easily see they are manips!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frannie, the Q&A is real.... but it was taken from an exclusive interview Gerry gave GB.net years ago.

Honestly, I like Gerry's body so much more than the manip body. His proportions are so much better.

Swannie