Gerard Butler GALS

11/19 - Novel Way to Prepare for People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive

becozy

from: http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200...1193252020.html

Novel Way to Prepare for People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2007.

The much anticipated People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive issue arrives November 16th, but Romance Novel Fans Have Already Picked Their Man.

United States of America ( Press Release) October 24, 2007 -- Philadelphia PA, October 22, 2007—Romance novelist Diana Holquist, author of the new novel Sexiest Man Alive (Grand Central Publishing, Oct 2007), has been polling her readers on who they think should be this year's People magazine Sexiest Man Alive, and the results are as stunning as the men.

"It's not your usual suspects," Holquist reports. "Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, and Matt Damon hardly made a blip in the unofficial Sexiest Man Alive poll."

So who is the run-away favorite for the 2007 People magazine Sexiest Man Alive according to readers of romance novels?

"Gerard Butler. It seems there's two kinds of people in the world: people who adore Gerard Butler and people who have no clue who he is," says Holquist. For the latter, Gerard Butler is the Scottish star of dozens of movies including 300 and P.S. I Love You.

Clive Owen, most recently the star of Elizabeth: the Golden Age, is a distant second place in the sexiest man alive poll.

Holquist takes the results of her Sexiest Man Alive 2007 poll very seriously. After all, knowing what makes a man sexy is her business. "Being the sexiest man alive isn't just about how the man looks," Holquist asserts. "The sexiest man alive has got to act heroic, too."

When creating the hero for her novel, Sexiest Man Alive, Holquist took this into account. Sexiest Man Alive is the story of a shy woman who comes to believe a prophecy that her soulmate is People magazine's sexiest man alive. "If she gave up everything to pursue her dream, and the guy was a jerk, the book wouldn't work, no matter how gorgeous the hero was," explains Holquist. "He has to deserve her love in the same way People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive has to deserve his fans' adoration."

Holquist had always wanted to write a book that was inspired by the annual Sexiest Man Alive issue. "I think it's every woman's fantasy that she might be living the wrong life. That she might actually be destined to love a man as sexy and exciting as the man on the cover of People magazine," says Holquist. In the book, the heroine sits with her copy of the magazine open, and she thinks, "Women all over the world are wishing for a piece of what's inside its glossy pages. If the magazine sent out a beam of light from its open spine, the night sky would be lit up from all the women lusting after this man, a camaraderie of longing."

For romance readers, that camaraderie is firmly with Gerard Butler.

Whether the editors of People magazine agree with romance readers' picks remains to be seen. "The People editors tend to go with the bigger stars for Sexiest Man Alive. But stranger things have happened," says Holquist. In 1988, the editors picked John F. Kennedy Jr. for sexiest man alive honors. In 1993, People awarded sexiest couple alive honors to Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford.

If you'd like to weigh in on your pick for Sexiest Man Alive 2007, you can still vote on Holquist's website, http://www.dianaholquist.com.

For more information:

3 Snowden Rd, Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004

610-664-1656

http://www.dianaholquist.com

The only fools that don't know who the sexiest man alive is PEOPLE MAG! They really need to wake the Hell up! %$#^%$#&^%$# walks off muttering some pretty good "Gerry" words! :D

:tantrum: Fran

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm glad to see that there is something out there in the internet that shows how Gerry's fans feel about the issue. Wonder if People mag will see it.

Just by the magazine's own confession, it was the people involved with the magazine that eventually make the issue happen.

~alice

:music:

Here are the final results...

Who Do You Think Should Be People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2007 (Poll Closed)

George Clooney 3% (42 votes)

Matt Damon 3% (45 votes)

Clive Owen 13% (167 votes)

David Beckham 2% (33 votes)

Gerard Butler 66% (881 votes)

Daniel Craig 2% (29 votes)

Christian Bale 5% (61 votes)

votes 6% (75 votes)

TOTAL VOTES: 1333

ENOUGH SAID!!!

Kathy :D:claphands: :yippee: :inlove: :cunning::pointy: :tasty: :D

Yeah baby!! Posted Image

"Gerard Butler. It seems there's two kinds of people in the world: people who adore Gerard Butler and people who have no clue who he is," says Holquist. For the latter, Gerard Butler is the Scottish star of dozens of movies including 300 and P.S. I Love You.

M'kay, I laughed out loud at this line... because it's too true! But slowly the latter is becoming the former...

:hearts:

~Mel

"Gerard Butler. It seems there's two kinds of people in the world: people who adore Gerard Butler and people who have no clue who he is,"

really, it is so much true! Of course, we all know that he IS sexy, and very much so, but also much more than that!

I don't know what People Magazine is playing at but they need to get their heads out of their arses and listen to the fans. They have the potential of having one week of their magazines fly off the shelves in record numbers and yet they continue to not put him in it. Silly people I tell ya. Well, at least someone knows what they're talking about.

Cassie

Pretty soon there are going to be two other kinds of people in the world, those that are Gerry fans and those that are REALLY Gerry fans.

Gerry and Clive..YUMS!!

See now if either one of them had been chosen for People, I wouldn't have had a problem at all.

Matt though..sorry, but I just don't see it.

See how Gerry's energy & charisma are winning people over! He is such a special man. All people need do is see Gerry once & they are completed enchanted. He works so hard & deserves so much!

Gerry is the complete man. What more can we say about him that hasn't already been said? The sexy part is true but there is so much more to this guy that just shines through his eyes and his smile. Once you realize who he is (and yes, it took me awhile to register that this actor was so many of the characters that I had seen in movies before and never knew it was him as he just becomes that person) and discover his background, his integrity, his heart and his wonderful sense of humor and lack of ego,then you realize why there are thousands of Gerry fans that totally agree that Yes, Sexy is good but a guy like Gerard Butler is so much more than that.

As I sit here with a grin across my face I really can't say anything. I can't wait to read the book. :D

Does this mean that she will use a GB-type character as her hero? Oh, I wish. That book is sold out if she does, even though I don't read romance novels (exception: Outlander series)

Edited by Xan

Gerry is the complete man. What more can we say about him that hasn't already been said? The sexy part is true but there is so much more to this guy that just shines through his eyes and his smile. Once you realize who he is (and yes, it took me awhile to register that this actor was so many of the characters that I had seen in movies before and never knew it was him as he just becomes that person) and discover his background, his integrity, his heart and his wonderful sense of humor and lack of ego,then you realize why there are thousands of Gerry fans that totally agree that Yes, Sexy is good but a guy like Gerard Butler is so much more than that.

if you read the article, gerry says what makes my fans so special is that they dont see me as just sexy, but they see that im down to earth, ( i dont have my mag right in front of me so i dont want to quote it)

and i have to say he's soo right, the great thing about his acting is its not, Gerard Butler , playing Gerard Butler, in a Gerard Butler movie, like so many other actors, he changes his techniques, his looks, his body, and his voice, he becomes his roles and makes them incredibly believable, that is real acting!!!! the fact that he is sexy as all get out, while he's doing,,,,, well thats a great bonus for us !!!!!!!!!!!

Gerry is the sexiest man alive. Some men just ooze it and he is one of them. Matt Damon is a great looking guy IMO but sexy? I don't think that's the category I would put him in. I do think he is a great guy and I'd rather see him on there than Matthew McConaughey again.

My feelings on the subject are in the line beneath my signature (which, I will repeat here since it is subject to change on my whim)

The REAL Sexiest Man Alive (and MOST TALENTED too)!

I bet Gerry would get a giggle over the description of the two types of people in the world.

And I plan to buy Diana's book too!

if you read the article, gerry says what makes my fans so special is that they dont see me as just sexy, but they see that im down to earth, ( i dont have my mag right in front of me so i dont want to quote it)

and i have to say he's soo right, the great thing about his acting is its not, Gerard Butler , playing Gerard Butler, in a Gerard Butler movie, like so many other actors, he changes his techniques, his looks, his body, and his voice, he becomes his roles and makes them incredibly believable, that is real acting!!!! the fact that he is sexy as all get out, while he's doing,,,,, well thats a great bonus for us !!!!!!!!!!!

I do have the article in front of me and it says: "I never thought that fans liked me because of any kind of sexiness," he says "They like the fact that I am very down to earth. I don't have an ego when it comes to being an actor." Pay attention, boy!! Your fans are falling at your feet, just pick one - or three - or four!

So who is the run-away favorite for the 2007 People magazine Sexiest Man Alive according to readers of romance novels?

Gerard Butler.

Can I get an AMEN??? :claphands:

A - :fook: in' - MEN!

I think we're all in agreement with who takes top honors for Sexy. -> :ohbaby2:

"Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Johnny Depp, and Matt Damon hardly made a blip in the unofficial Sexiest Man Alive poll."

Is anyone as sick of hearing about these people as I am??!!

GERRY RULES!