Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Stef with an F

Snaps is the Name of the Game

Ok, i try to go to the PSILY website often to see if there are updates... well today, if you click on the link that says "Snaps is the Name of the Game", this pops up:

Posted Image

and it directs you to this page: http://snapsisthenameofthegame.warnerbros.com/. I'm guessing it's a game they play in the movie or something. i have no idea.

And now i feel REALLY stupid b/c i have no idea what in the heck this game is about and the little song for it is driving me batty. Anyways, i wanted to post it to see if anyone can figure it out, my brain hurts. watch it be so simple and i'm just an airhead LOL

at least i got this graphic out of it :D

Posted Image

huggles,

stef

And now i feel REALLY stupid b/c i have no idea what in the heck this game is about and the little song for it is driving me batty. stef

Now the song is stuck in my head too, and my co-workers are wondering what the heck I'm listening to! I've gone over the instructions, but still don't get it.

I went there, too, and actually tried to play. I felt like an idiot. I just finished telling my husband about it 15 minutes ago and told him I didn't understand. Does anyone? :bonk:

:lol:

:bonk:

I'm guessing a certain number of 'snaps' equals a letter of the alphabet...

but no way I'd be able to decipher the snaps, remember the number I heard and figure out which letter it is...and 'solve' the game!

but no way I'd be able to decipher the snaps, remember the number I heard and figure out which letter it is...and 'solve' the game!

LOL too much work for my empty brain :D perhaps though if you "win", you'll get some PSILY photos or something... hmm... maybe i should work on it some more ;)

LOL too much work for my empty brain :D perhaps though if you "win", you'll get some PSILY photos or something... hmm... maybe i should work on it some more ;)

Indeed, there NEEDS to be incentives! Otherwise I'd rather not torture my grey matter...

yeah, I am lost with the entire game. It makes NO sense to me! But I looooove the new P.S I Love You poster.... :heat:

OMG I think I know how to play this.

You have to listen to the phrase. The first letter of the first word is the consonants in the word you are trying to figure out. They go in order. The snaps represent the vowels.

For example: "Pay attention" would be the letter P and "So do you have it yet" would be S

1 snap is A

2 snaps is E

3 snaps is I

4 snaps is O

5 snaps U

6 snaps is Y

Okay when you get to the part that is called "snaps is not the name of the game" you get your word the same way but it is not the answer. It is a clue to the answer. For example: Say the word "Sin City" is give the answer would be Las Vegas.

Now there is a part called "Snaps is the game of the Name" and the word is given to you backwords. example: the word "Hello" would be given to you as "OLLEH"

I think this is how it works......I have actually gotten a couple of the words right by following this method. I am going to go back and try again now that I figured it out.

ETA: I have gotten 7 out of 10 right but I am haveing trouble with the last 3. Maybe someone smarter can figuer them out. :bonk:

Edited by Erica78

Wow! Good Job Erica...but I still don't get it *shrug* maybe because it is 4:30am and I am still up, or maybe it is just beyond me, lol. I am still happy that someone figured it out though! How did you do it???

Wow! Good Job Erica...but I still don't get it *shrug* maybe because it is 4:30am and I am still up, or maybe it is just beyond me, lol. I am still happy that someone figured it out though! How did you do it???

Thanks Jenny! I figured it out by watching that little sketch at the left side of the screen over and over again. I new there had to be some method to that madness. So I just kept on watch till I figured out how they got the words "Ireland" and " P S I Love You". I have always been stubborn and I just wouldn't give up till I figured something out. :lol:

I am up to 8 out of 10 correct. But the last two question's are kicking my butt. It is a part called "game of the name" and I originally thought that when the gave you the backwards word you just had to spell it out right. I know the word and phrase they are giving me, I just can't figure out what to do with them. Apparently there is a special little trick to that part that I just haven't got yet. :bonk:

Erica.... :claphands: I still don't get it either but that's because I'm not really good at word games and concentration... as ar as I'm concerned is an old TV show! :dance: So glad somebody figured it out though.....Way to go!

:wave: Fran

Kudos to you Erica!! If it weren't for your helpful hints, I'd have been scratching my head more!

I did finally happen to notice the "instructions" link, and when I clicked it, it pretty much tells you how to play each level of the game. LOL! It also says to put a space between words if there's more than one word in the answer.

I couldn't help but think, "I'd much rather they post clips of the movie, or pics of Gerry and Hilary, than be playing this ridiculously frustrating game!" :bonk::bonk::spit: