Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry/Montreal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rose: It's a real shame.. I really hope it's not true and that it is just a rumour..

But if it's not then Gerry was smart to hire some bodyguards although I think it's disappointing for the rest of his well meaning and caring fans around the world..

Who just love Gerry for himself.. :mopboystranger:

Coughing slightly in an official sort of manner...

Clearing throat...

"In the interest of all the GALS and Tarts worldwide to keep Gerry safe, I PERSONALLY volunteer to (guard his body...I mean, uh) be his body guard....by keeping close tabs on it (him, I mean, him!!!) at all times.....".

You girls know how much I love ya....wouldn't want you to think that I wouldn't sacrifice my life's work and take one for the team here. Just letting you know I'm here for you, and for HMA recipient, Gerry Butler.

Right..... :mopboyterry:

So many Gals with a sence of reason.... Now I have calmed down & finished yelling from my soap box, I can see a little more clearly.

People who

A - Become a stalker

B - Start rumors such as this

have no sence of self, just a purpose of causing pain & mayhem. We love & respect Gerry & NO TRUE FAN would do anything such as this, to cause pain & upset to one they are "SUPPOSED" to be devoted to.

:hugs: Mandy (GAG) no not GAG me - its Guardian Angel Gal

hi everyone,

I don't post often and I hope what I am about to say won't offend anyone or sound like I am putting anyone down. That is not my intention. I am a newbie fan, it has only been since July that I have really sat up and taken notice of Gerry Butler.

Lately, I have been getting a really weird and strange feeling and I guess that I am more or less asking for patience and caution here.

Alot of us really would like to meet Gerry some day. Not because I want to stalk or have his babies or be a permanent fixture in his life or anything.. lol... but just to simply meet him. If Gerry were within a day's ride of me, I think I would want to try to meet him. Would I go somewhere like that with the intention of hoping to meet him? Sure I would. If I happened to be lucky to see him, would I ask for a photo and his autograph? Sure would, as long as I felt I wasnt being too intrusive or interrupting him during a meal or conversation. I think that is a judgement call a respectful fan has to make at the time they do happen to see him.

However, I am getting the feeling that anyone...simply fans who wish to meet him are too quickly being labeled as stalkers and that is making some of us really creep out here. It is also going to make some not want to tell us about their fan encounter for fear of being labeled a stalker, which I will really think is sad because I love hearing Gerry news. That is one of the few ways we keep up with how he is doing.

Now would I encourage or support a fan that repeatedly dogged him? Followed him all over Montreal to REPEATEDLY be intrusive in his life? No, I think that is where the line must be drawn. To simply want to meet him once is not a stalker, that is simply being a fan... not a stalker... not a fanatic.....and I feel we need to be careful before throwing out that term.

Gerry is gonna have many fans hoping to see him in Montreal. In my opinion.... as long as they are respectful, considerate, and dont follow him all over the place... meet him and THEN follow him all over the place....I hope to hear about it and consider them lucky if they meet him.

Please lets be careful about not going overboard with this protectiveness. It is starting to feel really uncomfortable and somewhat judgemental. Gerry is a big boy. He should be able to handle most fan encounters. It comes with the territory and in fact, I think our man enjoys meeting fans most of the time.

From what I hear, Tiff was more of a security problem than anything else. But there were some that seemed to feel even hoping to catch him as he was leaving or coming and going from his hotel was too much. WHY? At a publicized event like TIFF, why wouldnt a fan hope to meet him? I don't see anything wrong in this? While he is in a town filming a movie.... I don't see anything wrong with that either... unless the encounter is a deliberate interruption into his actual filming or a repeated searching and trying to meet him more than one time.

Please let us be careful before using that term... stalker. Stalking is NOT hoping to meet or find him one time. STALKING is a REPEATED attempt by one fan to be intrusive into a celebrities life.

I don't mean to offend anyone... just simpy throw a word of caution out here....

Sancre

...take care of our Gerry, Lord! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Swan

Swansong, please don't apologize for saying a prayer for Gerry--that's a GOOD thing! I pray for him every single day, that he'll be kept safe, that he'll find happiness, and that he'll continue to remain untouched and unspoiled by all the Hollywood/celebrity crap and danger that's out there. He is such a gift to us, isn't he? :wub: I doubt that there's a single Tart who wouldn't be willing to help defend him in any way possible if the need/opportunity ever arose...:rose:...so rather than worrying that he might be in danger and feeling helpless that we can't do anything about it, I believe we can have a tremendous effect on his well-being on a daily basis just by sending our concentrated good thoughts/positive energy to him, as well as keeping him in our prayers; it's the same thing, actually. We would all be amazed if we understood how powerful our collective thoughts can be, for good OR bad, so let's all send positive vibes in his direction!

Good Night, Sweet Prince! :kiss::mopboystranger::kiss: *ends ramble, steps down off of HER soapbox, and heads wearily but contentedly off to bed*

Edited by phanphorlife

I was at work last night when I figured out who the stalker is!!!

It's Lynne. She thinks he's Ethan. Now I realize that WE all know....

say it together now..."Gerry is not Ethan, Ethan is not Gerry." :mopboyethan:

Edited by MishW

I think Sancre makes some good points about keeping it all in perspective. Hoping to get the chance to meet him once does not make someone a stalker. It would be the repeated attempts that would start you down that path. By that I mean, continually hounding every move the man makes. Also, it would be that shift in reality that occurs that makes someone think that a particular person, celebrity or not, actually wants them in their personal life when, in fact, they don't. I would hope that everyone here is just having a good time discussing this sexy man. The playfulness that goes back and forth is nothing more than that. The reality is, most of us would probably have a difficult time completing a sentence in his presence! We enjoy the dreams and the banter and wish him well in his chosen career. Rumor or not, someone stalking him would be a scary and sad thing. I hope it is a rumor in this particular case. And I'm sure we all hope that he stays as open and darling as he has in the past. Cheers!

Right there with ya Jen! :Yee-Haw:

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Maybe Gerry's "people" should just

hire a few body doubles as decoys?

Wouldn't that just confuse the crap

out of the wackos?? Reasoning won't

work it this case, unfortunately.

Time to start a list and fingerprint

the offending fanatics...

I don't relish the thought of us

good girls being lumped in that

lowly catagory. Time is disassociate

oneselves from any bad influences!!

(I said bad, not naughty).

It really does burn my petunias!

Gerry deserves class...and he

has consistently demonstrated it-

the best we can all do is keep an

even keel and show him (and our

detractors) what lovely, intelligent,

and refined ladies we are- or at

least we can fake it!!!

Donna

:rose:

:mopboyerik: :kiss:

:bonk: Oh Mish, why didn't I think of that? :rotflmao: What a hoot you are!

GALS ~

I'm sitting at the computer in my PJ's late for work (very late for work) when I read Sancre's post.

First off - thank you Sancre for posting. I don't care if you post 30 times a day or once a month - your thoughts are always respected here, so please don't ever think you are stepping on anyone's toes by posting.

Secondly - I agree with your persepctive. I think the term "stalker" should only be reserved for those who truly go over the line. Stalking is actually a legal term and there is criteria involved in using that term. Respectful fans hoping to catch a glimpse of Gerry, get his autograph - maybe a pic, are NOT considered stalkers. Stalkers STALK their victims. Follow them, mimic them, break into their homes, steal things from them, etc. As far as I know, this would not include any of the Gerry fans I know.

Thank you again for posting Sancre and for adding your very valuable two cents worth.

Dr. Em

Hiya Sancre,

So good to see you posting! Don't feel nervous at all. The number of posts you have by no means makes what you have to say any less relevant here. We love to see you around. ::D:

Rest assured, hon, I think the GALS here agree with what separates a normal fan from a stalker. None of us here have ever made anyone with a fan encounter feel like a stalker... I've seen and heard of that happening, and I agree, it is just awful. No, we are all just wary of anyone who could be legally described as such... and, true, we know that more facts definitely need to come in before any assessment can be made. But it is still good to be able to discuss this in an open forum, and lay it all out there rationally and calmly. Thanks for adding your perspective -- it is greatly appreciated!

I have my own definition of a stalker: If Gerry looks up and sees you, recognizes you, stops smiling and says "Oh, s**t!", then you are a stalker and need to leave him alone.

:muahaha: Yeah, I think that works!

Dr. Em

I certain everyone understands that there is a difference between stalking and being a devoted fan, as well as dealing with a stressful situation whit humor. Most of us are joking. Humor is a wonderful way of dealing with stress and relieving the tension and anxiety that comes from stressful situations. I don't believe any of us have crossed that line or are being disrespectful of Gerry or the seriousness of the situation, if there even is a situation.

I feel everyone has made some very valid points and very intelligent posts. I am proud of all the GALS!!!

:rotflmao:

Sancre - welcome to the posting world of GALS and thank you for your perspective. I hope sincerely that it was not here at GALS that you felt that anyone was classifying fans who would like to meet Gerry, or would even take a trip in the hopes of spotting him and maybe meeting him, as "stalkers". Like the two girls whose pictures are posted from their Montreal trip - they admitted that they made the trip because one of them hoped to meet him and they met him while at the mall shopping, I call them lucky fans, not stalkers. I know I wouldn't consider that stalking in any way shape or form. A road trip can be fun and if you have the time, money and ability to take one and you choose a city in which Gerry is staying, and you happen to have the fortune to actually see him there, I say good for you. I know in my own post I classified stalking as being like the woman who used to break into David Letterman's house and claimed she was his wife - now THAT is a stalker. Breaking into his room, trying to sneak onto his movie set, spotting his car and following it everywhere it goes for days on end, those we would probably all agree are stalker-type activities and should draw concern. Just trying to be in the right place and the right time to meet the man is something most fans who haven't yet had the opportunity yet are hoping for too.

I liked that description above that if he sees you, recognizes you and responds by yelling "Oh $#!+, not you!" and turning to run away - then you've probably crossed the line. Otherwise I hope you get the chance to meet him!

Breaking into his room, trying to sneak onto his movie set, spotting his car and following it everywhere it goes for days on end, those we would probably all agree are stalker-type activities and should draw concern.

Yeah, or Paparazzi...

:bonk:

Breaking into his room, trying to sneak onto his movie set, spotting his car and following it everywhere it goes for days on end, those we would probably all agree are stalker-type activities and should draw concern.

Yeah, or Paparazzi...

:bonk:

Aren't they the same thing?????

I do think he loves being recognized.

How many other actors inspire this

kind of loyalty, devotion, and

cross-continental flights just to meet

him briefly? I think Gerry takes alot

of this into consideration and is

so very flattered by the attention.

I hope I never see that oh sh-t look

on his face...

Donna

:mopboybeowulf:

I think you are right about his liking to be recognized. If he didn't want to be recognized, he would have picked a different profession or at least another side to it, like more theater perhaps. Trust me, I'm not criticizing here. I LOVE that he's picked a job where we all get to ogle, drool and otherwise appreciate his talent. And it would be flattering to have people want to just spend a moment or two (or more(!).....) with you. He seems to be so gracious with his fans and willing to give up some of his time to those lucky enough to run into him. Stalking, of course, goes under a completely different heading and we all know that.

I hope he stays safe and doesn't have to change anything about his darling self. Looking forward to more fan photos of you, Ger!!!

:igotgals:

Oh, Hey Dr. Em: I was gonna say in the last post, but I forgot...

Don't worry about being a turd. We need a turd like you to help us keep our poop in a group!!! :dance:

Oh, Hey Dr. Em: I was gonna say in the last post, but I forgot...

Don't worry about being a turd. We need a turd like you to help us keep our poop in a group!!! :dance:

So are you saying I'm the leader of the "Poop Brigade?" :huh:

Dr. Em