Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Lady1

Gerry/Montreal

If that is all accurate, and I'm not doubting that it is, he had every right to react the way he did. As much as we would all love to tackle him, we don't have the right to. If a man were to be doing that to a woman, everyone would be up in arms over it. I know we all joke (?) about what we would want to do with him but, deep down, I really think we would be very respectful of him if given the opportunity to meet him in person. I'm not trying to sound like a prude, I'm not(!). But he shouldn't have to worry about getting his arse or anything else grabbed when he's out in public. Mind you, not that I wouldn't WANT to grab his arse but I would at least try to contain myself. It would be tough around you, though, Gerry!! :drool1::kiss:

You do certainly know how to bring out the lust in a girl! :gerry:

Beanie-well said!!! Here, here! I do agree that he very probably wasn't expecting his well formed backside to be the target of someones groping hand, however, with his wit and style, he attempted to handle it with grace and humor and laugh it away. One can only imagine how exhausted he was and probably hungry as well. These folks aren't allowed much time between venues.

I think the person, or persons are just lucky that some of us weren't within reach of them, or they may have been waking up the next week wondering where they were. No on, I mean no one, touches my Gerrbear without his direct consent. Likewise, I'm not quite sure I could turn down such an auspiscious invitation to procure other areas of his anatomy which he allegadly made after the incident. One must always keep abreast of such opportune ocasions and procede with great speed and care as the offer might as quickly be withdrawn. :drool1:

:mopboyjackie: Ahem, I shall now return to my regularly scheduled programming. :mopboyerik:

:kiss: Fergie I so love you in a (TNLW) of course, looks like I'm not the only thinking that!!! :drooldrum:

*slinking back into my corner now hehehe* TONI

:lalala: Toni, I didn't hear a word you said :lalala:

Of course I do and I am so proud of you!! We need to stand tall and unite!!!! :rotflmao:

I better stop or I'm going to get into more trouble. ***slithering into corner with Toni***

Beanie-well said!!! Here, here! I do agree that he very probably wasn't expecting his well formed backside to be the target of someones groping hand, however, with his wit and style, he attempted to handle it with grace and humor and laugh it away. One can only imagine how exhausted he was and probably hungry as well. These folks aren't allowed much time between venues.

I think the person, or persons are just lucky that some of us weren't within reach of them, or they may have been waking up the next week wondering where they were. No on, I mean no one, touches my Gerrbear without his direct consent. Likewise, I'm not quite sure I could turn down such an auspiscious invitation to procure other areas of his anatomy which he allegadly made after the incident. One must always keep abreast of such opportune ocasions and procede with great speed and care as the offer might as quickly be withdrawn. :drool1:

:mopboyjackie: Ahem, I shall now return to my regularly scheduled programming. :mopboyerik:

Maybe we can guard his body with our bodies? So nobody can touch him but... it would be difficult to not touch him yourself. LMAO

The drunk tart who grabbed his arse, later apologised to him and yes he did say he had a large P---s if they wanted to grab something. He also mentioned the c--k word too. He then turned and said something like I'm so pucking(sub.F) fed up with these fans, which I think was understandable after what happened. I was told this by a tart who saw everything, whose name won't be told, but it was first hand.

She also said Alan didn't like the language he used very much, he had upset look on his face.

Lady1

I was at the after party but missed that part of the evening.

There were a lot of fans/tarts there.

I had no idea how they got in and was very surprised to see them all.

When I arrived Gerry was almost to the VIP ropes with Alan.

The VIP section was crowded also.

The music in the place was so loud you could hardly hear yourself talk.

Not the kinda place I wanted to meet Gerry at.

Just before he walked into the VIP section....

I did get my nerve up enough to ask him, "If he had time for one more picture?"

Which he said, "Sure."

He put his hand on my shoulder, *click* and I said, "Thank you very much Gerry."

He said, "Your welcome."

Their was someone wanting to meet Gerry at every turn.

He never left the VIP section.

When there were only a few people in the club he left.

He was so tired.

I had no idea what happened with his bum being grabbed that night.

He had just had enough.

Edited by zanyzombie

So I have a question? Did anyone find out any truth to the supposed stalker in Montreal?

Mmmmmkay...

Just to inject some humor here...

You know I'm serious about not molesting Gerry (although I agree with Sarah that I should be supervised if I ever DO meet him), and having others treat him with respect. He's a well-meaning and giving man, but we as fans should really be the LAST to disrespect him, not the first...and there have been some very eloquent posts here that express this sentiment better than I could!

On to the humor part...

Mentioned something to my Mom the other day....asked her if she thought I was a stalker (yeah, she knows about my Gerry addiction). Then joked that I'll know I'm a stalker when...I show up on his doorstep in nothing but a big red bow....:kiss:

She considered for a minute, very seriously, and said "Well, no. You're not a stalker, you don't follow him around...just a serious fan. Plus, that's not a stalker, Jen, that's a gift....."

Annnnnd I almost peed my pants laughing. How right she is...although methinks my own mother just condoned showing up naked on Gerry's doorstep....she seems to think we should date....muhahahaha! Watch out Gerry, my Mom thinks we'd be cute together....OMFB! :mopboyjackie:

All right, you wee lassie's have forced me to do something I rarely care to do but here it comes and pay attention cause it might be a while before it happens again!! ***me being serious***

Stalking is a horrible thing and being the victim of this a few times myself, twice at work from clients and then once from a known person, well once that I know of anyway. It can makeyou feel like a prisoner, always looking over your shoulder, never knowing if you are safe, what might be coming next, and what is that person capable of. The police can't, or won't help. Besides, a restraining order is just a piece of paper. I don't belive that anyone that has posted here can be defined as a stalker, and I love what Jen said, we are gifts to him and we should act appropriately. We should be a soft safe place for Gerry to fall and feel comfortable, not vulnerable. I hope he doesn't have a stalker and he is safe and will want to remain availabe and accessable to his fans that love and adore him and only want to meet him.

bah, let me shake that off. Whew, see why I can't do that very often. Sorry. Now I shall return to my regularly scheduled programing. ablee ablee ablee, that's all folks!!!!!

I like Fergie have been a victim of 'stalker' like people. My brothers and sisters got involved with some people they shouldn't of...and as a result, we would wake up to find 'slut' written on the side of our house, a rock through my sisters car window, and because my sister used my phone to tell this person to go away...I ended up getting very scary messages.

This kind of behaviour is terrifying, and imagine how it would be for Gerry. Gerry has people approaching him all the time, how is he to know whether or not that person is 'stable' as such? Although he loves being around fans, I am sure he feels trapped and vaulnrable alot of the time in the back of his mind. Personally, I dont know how he does it. You never know what a perfect stanger is going to be like.

I hope these rumours are untrue, because that person is abusing a beautiful privilage.

I don't want him to be stalked, and it's too bad someone grabbed his butt. However, I am sorry to hear that he may have said "I'm so fed up with these fans." He's essentially a "beginner" with all this fan activity, if he's sick of fans now... hummmm. :blue:

I don't want him to be stalked, and it's too bad someone grabbed his butt. However, I am sorry to hear that he may have said "I'm so fed up with these fans." He's essentially a "beginner" with all this fan activity, if he's sick of fans now... hummmm. :blue:

Stalow-that is my concern as well. I know he has been gracious to so many fans in the past, I would hate to think he feels as though he needs to hide away to keep safe from "Arse" snatching, crazed fans. I personally can't say that I wouldn't have the desire to grab a bit of the Gerrbear myself, but please, I wouldn't do that to any perfect stranger, especially not Him.

We don't know what might have happened to him at other places an other time. This might have been the straw that broke the camels back!!! He is a human being, and is intitled to get angry with people who treat him in an abusive way--especially ones who proport to be a FAN. A true fan would never treat him in a disrespectful manner. I would not treat any one that way, least of all someone I care so much about. I like most of us, would like nothing better than to feel his butt, but really I would not do it unless INVITED, and I sure don't see that happening. I am sorry he said he was sick of the fans, but I think he did not mean ALL fans, but ones who acted so rude. It was just said in anger!!! If I met him I would not even ask for a autograph, I would be happy to just talk a little with him. I think most of us would never annoy him and it is only the rabid few---and some of those will be off to annoy others in the near future. Maybe we should get together the GALS SECURITY TEAM, and we could form a circle around him and keep the crazies back and away from him!!! Someone, quick, start designing the Tshirts! This idea could be a winner! ::D:

Ladies take heart! The rude drunken tart butt grabbing thing happened very late wednesday night at the TIFF after party. Sure Gerry was pissed off momentarily.... however, the next day (Thursday morning) he was approached in front of his hotel by a group of well behaved tarts, and was quickly back to his same adorable self; signing autographs and being more than accomodating to his fans. I think the TIFF thing was an isolated incident and happened mainly because Gerry was exhausted and had quit smoking... and some lusty tart couldn't control herself. I am certain he has moved past that whole thing, and is still appreciative of his tarts and GALS. He knows that most of us would treat him with respect and admiration, given the chance to meet him.

A bit of advice to us all: Just because Gerry get's bawdy and says outlandish sexy things, that doesn't mean we should treat him as a sex object in person, or take him for granted.

News flash ladies.... Gerry may be the object of our sexual/romantic fantasies, but we are certainly NOT the object of his! I wonder how he feels being lusted after and adored by an army of average adult women (mostly)? Do you suppose he's flattered?

The reality is that any lady in on his arm will be one of his choosing. And I'll just bet she'd be young and gorgeous.

(No offense to any tarts or GALS... we are all gorgeous in our own way, just making a point!)

Swan

Edited by Swansong

The fact that this is a place where people can feel comfortable joking around is what makes it so attractive. I don't think most of us are the least bit serious about the things we joke about. I know that I am not.

I made a joke in chat over at GBnet after someone was telling the story of meeting Gerry and feeling how firm his abs were when she hugged him. I jokingly said that if I ever hugged him like that 'they'd have to pry me loose with a crowbar'. It was just a JOKE! I could actually picture in my warped mind's eye several tarts using crow bars to try to pry me off him so they could have their turns! I think a lot of the things we say on these threads are hysterically funny. But another tart got all serious and started chiding that fans like that would ruin things for him and all the other fans. This was way before the TIFF incident, so she was not just reacting to that. It made me uncomfortable that she was taking it so seriously and I was hesitant to joke for a long time after that. You'll notice I've fully recovered now!

Of course, I agree that we should be respectful of him. The truth of the matter is, although I would love to meet him, it would be totally out of character for me to go stand in line at Leno to meet anyone, even Gerry. I'm not big on standing in line for anything or anyone. I've never asked anyone for their autograph. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing so, it's just not likely that I will. If I ever did meet him, I would rather just run into him. I'm a very conservative, professional, 40 something mother. At least on the outside. I just happen to have a really warped, quirky sense of humor.

My point is, I think it is important to realize that most of this is just good, clean (ok, sort of clean) , well intentioned fun. Gerry, himself, has a really bawdy sense of humor, and therefore, should be able to understand and appreciate this place. I certainly don't think he would be shocked by what we say. I do think he would be flattered by the level of our adoration and lust. What man wouldn't? I feel confident the majority of us are only giving voice to harmless fun fantasies and having a few laughs with each other in the process.

You said it all so well!!!! :clap::clap: And from one forty-something mother to another...... We are all having a blast around here. Our fantasy trips are just that, at least they are for me. Gerry just lights all of the burners inside of me for whatever reason but pretty much everyone around me is benefitting from it all. I love the bawdy humor and all the body part threads here at GALS especially since I know at the heart of it all is this gorgeous, now-36 year old Hot Scot who from the looks of things, appreciates bawdy humor to say the least. The trips to Gerryland are my own little personal vacation!!!! Thanks for all the E-Ticket rides, there Gerry!!!!! :heat::bouncydrool::thud:

Here, here!! I love the opportunity to share about this fantastic human being that happens to be on the screen and has afforded us the opportunity to get together and meet such wonderful people. Not at any point have I ever been concerned that anyone was going to turn postal and begin tracking this poor man down. I love the opportunity to share, joke, laugh, read, watch, and play around on this site. What a tremendous release. I can come here when I've had a horrible day and sign off feeling so much better. You are all so supportive, caring, kind, funny and some of you have become very good friends. Some of you know what my situation is and you have been so very kind and supportive and have helped me so very much and I've begun to take steps I don't think I would have been able to do without your support.

I'm having a great time, and I hope that won't change, somedays, this is all I have and the benefits far outweigh the risks taken to be here.

Yikes, I said I wouldn't get serious again and now here it is twice in a few days. Help, send me a mopboy.

Funny, there haven't been any recent pictures of him lately?

Maybe, he is just laying low for awhile.

I think he's just really busy with filming.

I think he's just really busy with filming.

That's what I was thinking...that he's just preoccupied with filming "300"... :mopboyerik:

It's got to be an intense shoot.

And he has said that he gets totally

absorbed in his character before.

To see him out and about often

would almost seem to be going

against his dedication.

Besides, he is just whetting our

appetites, yet again. He is a

relentless tease, after all.

And don't we just love him

all the more for it?

Donna

:mopboybeowulf:

Well said...

I'm a rather warped quirky female myself and although I'm single. I would respect Gerry first and foremost but if he is joking with me and flirting well then I cant help but be accommodating.

I mean I'm a hot bloodied woman who hasn't had a dec ent man to flirt with in a while

He was on Saturday (or Sunday) at the U2 concert in Montreal with some of the cast of 300. A fan met him there. You can read the encounter on you know what site.

ARGH!!! Sofie, you didn't tell me!!! Boo Hoo!!! :tissues:

I am so glad he is alive and well and seems to be having a great time. Albiet it's not with me, however, I am willing to concede that he is still having a good time.

Edited by FergieMGS

So Gerry was at the U2 concert. Well good for him.

I am glad he is able to enjoy himself while shooting

He deserves it. Have fun Gerry, cant wait to see

your new movie.

:pointy:

Debbie