Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Guest DonnaKat

Ahhhh - vacation . . . what a loverly thing it is. I just woke up - a second time - after napping on the couch. I don't think I'll get out of my PJs today until I have to. I'm having dinner tonight with my former mentor teacher, so I'll get dressed for that . . .

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr2:

:boink: :finger: :poke:

I'm still stuck at work for another hour and 45 minutes!

:watchclock::gettowork:

No, I'm not jealous.

:push:

:D

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh - vacation . . . what a loverly thing it is. I just woke up - a second time - after napping on the couch. I don't think I'll get out of my PJs today until I have to. I'm having dinner tonight with my former mentor teacher, so I'll get dressed for that . . .

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr2:

:boink: :finger: :poke:

I'm still stuck at work for another hour and 45 minutes!

:watchclock::gettowork:

No, I'm not jealous.

:push:

:D

Well, hopefully this will make it up to you . . . this is what I've been doing this morning. I also went through the old lust thread and snagged some really good pics!!!

Ahh, to have the time to study pictures . . . make wallpapers . . .

Posted Image

Guest DonnaKat

Well, hopefully this will make it up to you . . .

grrrrrr?

Oh, all right. Since I now only have 32 minutes to go, you're forgiven. :funnyface:

I have a stupid question...I want to do something different for Christmas. I want to roast a duck. Is this something I have to pre-order, or can I pick one up at a meat market or something (I'm doubting my regular grocery store carries them). If it's too much trouble, I'll probably just stick with the old standby ham and/or turkey.

:claphands: :claphands: I just finished my Christmas shopping today!! :dance:

Susan-Those are great pictures from the premiere!

Anna-Love your pictures from your trip. Glad to see you back at GALS, we missed you!

Lisa-That is a :heat: wallpaper!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Lisa, that is a great creation...*right click...save*

Donna, sorry I don't do duck either. I wish I could help.

Everyone is visiting me at work...my boss decided to stop by, my folks are coming by...geez! LOL! Yeah, I work in one of those industrial offices where anyone can pretty much come and go as they like.

Good thing I was working when my boss came in...lol!

~alice

:music:

Lisa, that is a great creation...*right click...save*

Donna, sorry I don't do duck either. I wish I could help.

Everyone is visiting me at work...my boss decided to stop by, my folks are coming by...geez! LOL! Yeah, I work in one of those industrial offices where anyone can pretty much come and go as they like.

Good thing I was working when my boss came in...lol!

~alice

I'm so glad you like it! It was my first attempt!

Don't you hate when the boss comes by? I really hate when my principal walks into my classroom. It's like, just leave me alone and let me do my job!! Then you have to look busy/like you're actually teaching something important . . .

Posted Image

Here is a group of our local GALS and Tarts after the advance screening of PSILY on Thursday night - posing with my new banner - yummy!!

Susan - I'm working I'm telling you in getting mine. I have two options, but both are turning into one big headache. Fingers crossed. I did find a crack in a movie kiosk in the mall that had a PSILY poster in it. Hum...*Mission Impossible music strumming through my head* I feel a date w/some dark clothing is underway...

Donna - Where do you live in STL? I was born and raised there. Went to Webster Groves HS. I can't remember movie theaters to save my life, but I did frequent the Esquire, The Galleria and the Tivoli quite a bit growing up there. I'm sure one or so will be showing it and if you live further out I'm sure somewhere out there will be showing it. Gosh I used to go to Halls Ferry and Northwest Plaza and Jamestown. Oi!

Cassie

Cassie, first off, I just realize I have neglected to congratulate you on your wee little bun! I really have not been on the board much, so I've missed out on all sorts of GALS news, I'm sure.

Anyhow, I am very happy for you!

I'm so behind in my shopping for gifts, and there is no way I'm gonna get any Christmas cards out this year. Hubby is gonna be off work for a couple of days because of his back and hip problems. They finally did and xray today, and I am so relieved there is no sign of cancer. I was sick to my stomach until he came home and told me. He has bursitis, and it's so bad right now, that he cannot stand up straight. No Christmas shopping for him.

Then on top of that, I am completely slogged in with a sinus infection. It's a bad one, so I'm doing everything I can to get over it, but meanwhile, I'm miserable.

But the wonderful thing is, Nathan has been downstairs composing all day for a short film he was hired to do, and I have thoroughly been blessed by his sweet music.

I would like to invite you all to visit my MySpace page, where I have posted a few of my Christmas related stories. Enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/swannieanne

Guest DonnaKat

Donna - Where do you live in STL? I was born and raised there. Went to Webster Groves HS. I can't remember movie theaters to save my life, but I did frequent the Esquire, The Galleria and the Tivoli quite a bit growing up there. I'm sure one or so will be showing it and if you live further out I'm sure somewhere out there will be showing it. Gosh I used to go to Halls Ferry and Northwest Plaza and Jamestown. Oi!

Yep, I know all those places. I grew up in Spanish Lake, and Halls Ferry, NW Plaza and Jamestown were my teen stomping grounds. :D I'm in St. Charles County now. I know there are TONS of movie theaters in the area, and I have no doubt it will be shown here.

According to Yahoo Movies, PSILY is a wide release. When I plugged in the information it didn't come up, but neither did Sweeney Todd...and I KNOW that one will be showing here. I think the main reason people aren't seeing it isn't because it won't be in their area...it's because they haven't yet updated the information. Unless you live in Timbuktu, USA, my bet is that it will be showing in your area. At least that's my guess, anyway.

The movie sites around here update on Tuesday each week for the coming weekend, so I expect to find PSILY listed by tomorrow. We've decided that it will be our New Years Eve movie this year even though I will already have seen it a few times by then. We want my mom and her boyfriend to go with us because I expect they will like this one. They went with us 3 years ago when we saw POTO on New Years Eve so I look forward to sharing another Gerry movie with them.

The PSILY banner is vinyl - it is just like the ones that they hang up in movie theaters, like from the ceiling. It came with wooden dowels and also has grommets so it could be wired up or something. It is 4' by 8' and I got it on eBay - I was soooo lucky to get one because they aren't that easy to find. I already have the regular movie poster in my office (and 2 more in my car including the one GB and JDM signed at the premiere).

Anna - you and McWilley look so lovely and except Costa Rica I've visited each of those places (many years ago when I was a cruise-a-holic). Welcome back, if I haven't already said so.

Swannie - I hope you and Bill are both feeling better real soon. One of my staff went home bent over in pain from back spasms today and another one came in sick and left after an hour or so. There is definitely something in the air!

Heya GALS! Our local cinema got PSILY up today, so I just bought tickets... for my whole family! Well, not including my sister and bro-in-law that live in MA, but all of us that live over here along the Wasatch Front :D Mine and Mousie's dad and twin brothers also wanted to come! *faints* Amazing...

Is it Friday yet??

~Mel

The movie sites around here update on Tuesday each week for the coming weekend, so I expect to find PSILY listed by tomorrow. We've decided that it will be our New Years Eve movie this year even though I will already have seen it a few times by then. We want my mom and her boyfriend to go with us because I expect they will like this one. They went with us 3 years ago when we saw POTO on New Years Eve so I look forward to sharing another Gerry movie with them.

The PSILY banner is vinyl - it is just like the ones that they hang up in movie theaters, like from the ceiling. It came with wooden dowels and also has grommets so it could be wired up or something. It is 4' by 8' and I got it on eBay - I was soooo lucky to get one because they aren't that easy to find. I already have the regular movie poster in my office (and 2 more in my car including the one GB and JDM signed at the premiere).

Anna - you and McWilley look so lovely and except Costa Rica I've visited each of those places (many years ago when I was a cruise-a-holic). Welcome back, if I haven't already said so.

Swannie - I hope you and Bill are both feeling better real soon. One of my staff went home bent over in pain from back spasms today and another one came in sick and left after an hour or so. There is definitely something in the air!

Susan, Hubby has a full day of physical therapy tomorrow, and they are gonna try to get him straightened out. The doc remarked that right now, hubby looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Poor Billy!

Swannie

I'm so happy to see Gerry's gorgeous face on PSILY posters everywhere. I was at The Block in Orange on Friday and what did I see as I got out of the car, PSILY poster. And, again today as I entered Main Place in Santa Ana for lunch, first thing I saw was Gerry on the poster. :claphands:

Just dropping by to say thank you to everyone for all the lovely Christmas cards.I've been away from the boards a couple of days as I haven't been feeling well and yesterday my internet was down.Actually I lost my phone service and internet.The phone came back on eventually but no internet so cablevision sent someone out today and my wireless router was defective somehow and was interfering so now all I have is the desktop.Ron took the router back and they changed it but it's not hooked up yet.

Swannie, I hope you and your Huibby feel a whole lot better before Christmas.

Betts, Sweetie how have you been?Hope you're ok.And to answer your question, yes I do miss Fran very much.She's my only sister.I have half sisters and they're scattered all over.But that doesn't matter as I'm not close to them at all.

You take care and stay well.

Anna, you and your Hubby are beautiful!That picture is lovely.

Paige, I'm glad you're doing better.Just keep taking those vitamins.

Big hugs to those who need them and to those who don't as well....

Posted Image Peggy

Guest DonnaKat

Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of those who sent me cards. It's nice to be thought of, and they're now proudly on display on my fireplace mantle.

I thought I was coming down with a bug yesterday, but I think it's seasonal allergies. At any rate, I was pumped up on meds last night, and today my eyes are swollen. I still don't feel too hot, but the 1/2 pot of coffee is helping. ;)

And a special 'thank you' to the person(s) who rated me a "1" on my profile (you know who you are). It must make you very proud to know you upset someone to the point of tears last night. I know I'm not a "5", but I definitely don't deserve a "1"...and I would never do that to anyone else. As my mama always told me - if you don't have anything nice to say...well, that's all I'm going to say about that. It doesn't matter...I know who I am, and I'm not ashamed to be me. As far as I'm concerned, everyone here is a "5"...EVERYONE...even YOU.

And now, I must get to work....the paperwork is calling my name.

Thank you Peggy for wishing that I felt better. I appreciate it.

I am soooooooo excited about this weekend. I am going to visit my grandparents this weekend. So that means I will not be here but will be missing you all.

And can I ask a prayer from you all? My StepGrandfather has not been doing well. Before Thanksgiving he was put in the hospital for heart surgery but afterwards he was not doing so well. *Having heart problems such as heart going out of rhythm and having seizure problems.* He is doing well now but mom and I are predicting that something might happen sometime between now and the end of Christmas making this one his last. Please pray that our prediction does not come true.

Paige :wave:

And a special 'thank you' to the person(s) who rated me a "1" on my profile (you know who you are). It must make you very proud to know you upset someone to the point of tears last night. I know I'm not a "5", but I definitely don't deserve a "1"...and I would never do that to anyone else. As my mama always told me - if you don't have anything nice to say...well, that's all I'm going to say about that. It doesn't matter...I know who I am, and I'm not ashamed to be me. As far as I'm concerned, everyone here is a "5"...EVERYONE...even YOU.

WTH?? I'm SO very sorry, Donna! :hug99: It's possible that someone rated you on accident with a stray mouse-click. Dinna fash yerself lass! You're flippin' HILARIOUS... I LOVE reading your posts, many a time I've collapsed in a fit of giggles at your wit!

Loves love!!

:hearts:

Glad to hear you're doing better, Paige! :hearts: Prayers to your Granddad...

~Mel

I've never figured out the point of the rating system so I don't rate anyone. If I did I wouldn't give out anything but a 5 - so if ever someone thinks I've rated them, and done so with a low number, it was ENTIRELY an accident because that is something I just don't do.

Good morning All!

Just a quick driveby before going to

work. :bonk:

Donnakat: Dont feel bad sweetie, I for

one just love your posts, you are always

cracking me up.. Especially in the gutter :D

As for this rating system, I didnt even know

there was one...Shows you how much I pay

attention to stuff...LOL

Still have more Christmas shopping to do.

:tissues: Will I ever get it done?????

Well gotta run: Hugs and kisses to all my

GALS...

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Guest greyeyegoddess

See, Donna...don't worry about stupid things like that. Stuff like that is for children, back in high school.

I don't go and do that, but I went into your profile and gave you a 5. If I could give you more, I would.

Feel better...get over those dang sinuses.

Paige, I'm sending thoughts to you and your family.

I heard the funniest carol on the radio today...

Go...and...get...a...job...you bum, bum, bum, bum

Money doesn't grow on trees you bum, bum, bum bum...

Sorry, I have a lazy in-law, who is extremely capable of working and doesn't...and then makes fun of my parents, because he has a house and my parents don't...when in fact, this person borrowed a lot of money from my mother. Need to slap this child! And of course, he has expensive tastes. Crikey!

~alice

Guest DonnaKat

Maybe it wasn't intentional...I'll give the person the benefit of the doubt. And if it was intentional, oh well...to each his/her own. Thanks Alice...I really wasn't saying that to get anyone to pad my rating, but it is appreciated. :hugs:

I guess I'm just having a really bad day that actually started yesterday afternoon and hasn't let up. First there's the allergy thing, or whatever the heck it is I have. I went home and took some meds yesterday, and slept most of the evening. When I woke up I looked like death warmed over...pale, eyes swollen...ick.

Then this morning when I woke up, I looked like I had been bawling all night, and my eyes were still burning and itching. I did my best to cover it up with makeup, only to get to work and I had somethingorother in one eye, and by the time I got it out the makeup was all but gone in that eye. Then I decided to dress up today because I have a meeting this afternoon at work, so I put on the cute shirt, cute skirt, and cute boots that went with the cute skirt and shirt. Then I get to work, and what happens?? The zipper broke on one boot. So now I have little to no makeup, swollen and burning eyes, cute shirt, cute skirt, one cute boot, one broken boot, and a meeting at 1pm. I'm thinking I'm going to skip the meeting and tell them I'm not feeling well (which I'm not, because I'm suffering from PTPD - Post Traumatic Pity Disorder). I don't know whether to cry, or get angry and throw my broken boot through the wall...but knowing the luck I'm having, my broken boot would ricochet off the wall, hit me in the head and knock one of my swollen eyes out.

I think I just need to go back to bed for about a month.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Oh, yikes!

Hibernation sounds good. I could have used that last week after coming from the premiere. I was on a high, but pulling at a low too.

Time to pull out the Lysol disinfectant spray. The guys in the garage next door smoke and it comes into my office...and then they come in to get water to drink and smell...bad...

How does someone smoke and work on cars? Isn't that dangerous?

~alice