Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Laurie4

New Butler Movie- Priest(2009)

Oh I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

Thanks for postin this Laurie

PammieK

From a vampire to a vampire hunter, what a transition! Gerry's life just seems to be planned out until 2009.

Another graphic novel adaptation?

I was skeptical of 300, at first. However, 300 had that perfect storm quality. It HAD to be Zach Snyder and Gerard Butler and a compelling event that has resonated through out history.

Can lightning strike twice? :confused:

Ladies, I'm afraid this info is inaccurate. Gerry did sign on to play this role, but apparently, the production hit too many snags, and my understanding is, that unless something has changed.... he is no longer connected with this project.

Not to worry, though. He'll have lots more offers!

Swannie

The IMDb link doesn't show Gerry in the cast anymore though they haven't removed his name from the synposis. They did lose their director, but if they could do it as a re-teaming of Gerry and Zack that could mean more great things. I have never really followed the career of any actor prior to Gerry, so it is pretty interesting to see how many productions get announced, and then don't happen.

I would have loved to see Priest with Gerry in it, if the movie were done right. Like Swannie, I remember that he dropped out some time ago. I'm always pleasantly surprised when other projects come up, but it's hard not to get your hopes up for particular projects.

As far as projects that went south, I am still hoping that he might do a movie on the Scottish poet Burns. I'd love to see Gerry play more parts where we can hear his beautiful accent.

But I'm not complaining. I'm just thrilled to be able to see him several times in one year on the big screen. Whatever he's in, I'll be there!

Cheers, Sadie