Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Chelle

PSILY press conference photos

Sorry, guys, but if I didn't know better I wouldn't have recognized these pics as GB. WTF? I am getting seriously worried about his health based on these pictures. The obvious weight gain (especially in his face) and the premature aging that shows in these pics is very disturbing IMO and suggest health issues I fear. I can't stand the idea he may be ill. One only has to compare these pics with those from the PSILY photo shoot to see the huge change in his appearance. I am really surprised that the Game movie makers are going ahead with filming with an unrecognizable GB as their star. Course, maybe that's the idea. I fully expect to receive some flames about this post, but I love GB and these pics make me want to cry.

I agree to some degree. I am also worried about his health, and I agree that his face does not look the same. However, if he quit smoking that could be one reason why he looks a little "off". He's also probably exhausted, and has bulked up for this role as well. It looks like his hair has been dyed darker for the film so that makes him look different.

I just don't want to see people pick him apart too badly. He's human; we don't always look perfect. I'm just happy he's who he is. He is beautiful and gorgeous - from the inside out . . . :D

Hopefully he'll get home for the holidays and be able to relax and let his Ma take care of him!

Lisa

Xan - I agree with you. Was quite surprised at how he looks in these pics, but I am not picking him apart. I am just genuinely concerned for a man I admire, respect and care about. I am probably repeating what others have said, so sorry, a little TLC from his Mum over the holidays may be just what the doctor ordered. Hope he gets a nice holiday rest. Maybe part of the problem is just bad lighting in the studio. It's not the first time! LUV YA GERRY!

Linda

Posted Image

I would NEVER do or say anything hurtful to Gerry, because I adore the man. However, I realize in my shock (yes, shock) at the change in his appearance since the PSILY photoshoot, I might have made comments that could be construed as mean-spirited. Not my intention at all. He is a wonderful man and actor, that won't change, but his appearance has undergone a dramatic change, IMO, over a relatively short period of time and this is frightening to me. What ever the reason, I just hope he starts taking better care of himself. Anyway, I apologize for my comments. Love GB AND GALS!

Xan ~

There is absolutely NO NEED to apologize! You were stating the facts. Gerard DOES look different. That's a fact.

It's ALL good!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I only hope that the weight gain is not from meds. I know that if he's been really sick and as he stated in the phone call today that he missed a week of filming for the first time in his career ...that he's been put on heavy duty medicine like prednisone! That can make you bloat especially in the face. It's also a very strong drug. I'm pretty sure he will be fine after some much needed rest and relaxation and I would be willing to help him relax!! :cunning: Gerry has been known to go up and down in his weight and lets face it ...he's only human.... He's a pretty HOT :heat: human to me............

:D Fran

Actually Katie, Susan, and Dr. Em.......I apologize for remarking about his weight gain "Maybe" from quitting smoking because this is a fact that many people do! But then I thought about it hence my remarks above and as a former user of prednisone for bad asthma attacks I know what I'm saying about the fullness in ones face because it happened to me too! I didn't mean anything derogatory and hope my evaluation didn't come across that way. I am just as concened about Gerrys health as the rest of you and certainly thrilled that he has quit smoking! Let me add that I fell crazy in love with this mans personality and fun loving soul and then the rest came into play ...I'm just trying to put my feelings into words without getting my head :bonk: bashed in..................JMO!

:wave: Fran

:hug99: Frannie and others, I'm sorry if I came across too harshly last night (or in the wee hours of the morning as it was). Actually I was in agreement with what you said Fran, although my post may not have seemed like it! :lol: I agree with everyone that our primary concern is for Gerry's health. I'll be honest and tell you all that I'm glad that I was able to hear Gerry's sweet voice and get a health report directly from him before I saw those press conf. pictures. *shudder*

I only hope that the weight gain is not from meds. I know that if he's been really sick and as he stated in the phone call today that he missed a week of filming for the first time in his career ...that he's been put on heavy duty medicine like prednisone! That can make you bloat especially in the face. It's also a very strong drug. I'm pretty sure he will be fine after some much needed rest and relaxation and I would be willing to help him relax!! :cunning: Gerry has been known to go up and down in his weight and lets face it ...he's only human.... He's a pretty HOT :heat: human to me............

:D Fran

Actually Katie, Susan, and Dr. Em.......I apologize for remarking about his weight gain "Maybe" from quitting smoking because this is a fact that many people do! But then I thought about it hence my remarks above and as a former user of prednisone for bad asthma attacks I know what I'm saying about the fullness in ones face because it happened to me too! I didn't mean anything derogatory and hope my evaluation didn't come across that way. I am just as concened about Gerrys health as the rest of you and certainly thrilled that he has quit smoking! Let me add that I fell crazy in love with this mans personality and fun loving soul and then the rest came into play ...I'm just trying to put my feelings into words without getting my head :bonk: bashed in..................JMO!

:wave: Fran

:hug99: Frannie and others, I'm sorry if I came across too harshly last night (or in the wee hours of the morning as it was). Actually I was in agreement with what you said Fran, although my post may not have seemed like it! :lol: I agree with everyone that our primary concern is for Gerry's health. I'll be honest and tell you all that I'm glad that I was able to hear Gerry's sweet voice and get a health report directly from him before I saw those press conf. pictures. *shudder*

Ditto from me!

Dr. Em

Why would they give you predisone for an infection?

I've never read that being given for an infectious disease-only chronic

I've never been given that for the walking pneumonia I've had or anything else.

I'm surrounded by MDs now so I'll have to ask them on Monday :)

Michele

I've heard people say they were prescribed Prednisone for bronchitis and when I did a Google search on lung infections and prednisone a lot of stuff came up, so it is apparently not that uncommon, though personally I would consider Prednisone a last-resort medication after seeing what it did to my husband. His Prednisone experiences were the first time as a post-operative treatment following nose surgery and the second time as part of the chemo "cocktail" he was given for non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I know it is regularly prescribed for asthma as well and sometimes a lung infection can cause asthma. I have no knowledge of what Gerry's doctors may have prescribed to treat his infections, just know that the new extra roundness to his face looks just like what happened to my husband's face when he was on that stuff.

When I first saw those pictures, I was just plain worried! Gerry is still the nicest, most wonderful man on two legs. Don't we always worry about our loved ones? It's great to be able to come to Gals and 'worry' about our man together. To get some questions answered and to just basically agree that we hope he's well and we love him regardless! Thanks Gals! I feel better having read all of your comments.

Sam

Why would they give you predisone for an infection?

I've never read that being given for an infectious disease-only chronic

I've never been given that for the walking pneumonia I've had or anything else.

I'm surrounded by MDs now so I'll have to ask them on Monday :)

Michele

I've heard people say they were prescribed Prednisone for bronchitis and when I did a Google search on lung infections and prednisone a lot of stuff came up, so it is apparently not that uncommon, though personally I would consider Prednisone a last-resort medication after seeing what it did to my husband. His Prednisone experiences were the first time as a post-operative treatment following nose surgery and the second time as part of the chemo "cocktail" he was given for non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I know it is regularly prescribed for asthma as well and sometimes a lung infection can cause asthma. I have no knowledge of what Gerry's doctors may have prescribed to treat his infections, just know that the new extra roundness to his face looks just like what happened to my husband's face when he was on that stuff.

Yeah I was always told steroids were a double edged sword- so I hope we're wrong that he has to take them. :(

My dad took it for his Chron's and colitis (he's had it for 30 years) but even he took it short term.

Yeah I was just curious-thanks for answering since its off topic :)

I hope your husband is doing better-I'm sorry to hear he went through all that :(

Michele

Michele

If he was prescribed prednisone, it was probably because it's so strong and they gave it to him in order to get rid of the infection as quickly as possbile.

I also hope I didn't come across as critical or anything like that. My comments are all based upon concern for Gerry and his health. I have a feeling we're all saying and feeling the same things, but in different words. :D

Hugs and love!!

Lisa

Hi everyone,

I don't generally comment negatively about new pics of Gerry, but I must admit that I was truly shocked by this group of photos.... and like most of you, I am worried about his health. There has been a drastic change in his appearance, so I think it's only natural that many of us were alarmed by these photos.

I was relived to hear him say that after two chest infections in recent months, he is feeling better now, and I am hoping his appearance returns to his normal gorgeous look after some rest over the Holiday.

The truth is, most of us do love this man, and we have his best interests at heart. This is not like picking apart a photo-shoot because you don't like his hairstyle or fashion choices. This is genuine concern that something is not right.

His voice sounded strong and great in the conference call, so I am praying that the worst is over for him.

BTW, my hubby has been suffering from a chest cold, which unfortunately, I am now coming down with.

I'm proud that we GALS express our concern for Gerry's wellbeing.

Swannie

Yeah I was always told steroids were a double edged sword- so I hope we're wrong that he has to take them. :(

My dad took it for his Chron's and colitis (he's had it for 30 years) but even he took it short term.

Yeah I was just curious-thanks for answering since its off topic :)

I hope your husband is doing better-I'm sorry to hear he went through all that :(

Michele

Michele

Thanks, Michele. Fortunately my husband's last bout with that stuff was in 1994, but living with him then was like being on the scariest roller coaster imaginable and not being able to stop it. I pray that Gerry is now on his way to full recovery.

Gerry looks different. His complexion is pale (the tan is gone), his eyes look so tired and his energetic attitude is gone. Those poor hands look very sore with all the bruises. I care about him. He needs time to heal.

Taking a break from filming and relaxing his body is the best thing for him right now.

Life is too short.

Maggiegirl

I thought perhaps I had missed a post somewhere explaining the swollen condition of Gerry that is so apparent in the latest photos posted but I see that the "GALS" have covered the subject well. Your opinions are what my friend and I suspect.

I was in a state of shock to see him looking so ill. Please tell me he is taking some time off for the holidays, going home to see his Mom who will undoubtly be waiting at the door with a bowl of chicken soup and a warm bed for his ailing body! :comfort:

I am greatly concerned for his health! He will always be beautiful but it distrubs me to think he may be ill and in pain. :sick:

TTFN

Barbara

He's the only man I know that looks better "coming undone" than buttoned up all proper...

Hell yes and thank you for bringing it up Holly. I've always preferred him out of a suit myself. Don't jump into the gutter just yet. I'm just saying that he appeals to me when he's in a more blue collar fashion. The suits usually tend to cover up some of the ruggedness that's underneath-not always, but there are times when I do feel that way. From the looks of it, I'm thinking (hoping, praying, I'm on my bleedin' knees here!) that he can't wait to yank that tie loose himself.

Someone mentioned his eyes in these pics...well that's definitely one of the positive things about the suit he's wearing. They just literally crystallized his eyes and made them look even brighter than they usually are. Downright heavenly.

And as always, the smile is still there. That's all that matters.