Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Em

Phone conversation with Gerard - 12/7/07

Hello GALS!

Well, the call is over and here are the links:

Part 1 (8 mb)

Part 2 (8 mb)

Transcript thanks to Katie (Songbird) and Holly (heISmyGSpot) for their ACCURATE Transcription skills! You haven't read the whole interview until you've read THIS transcription.

The talk was completely different than the last time and it was, er, ah, different, but what was great was that we each had Gerard to ourselves for our question! :ohbaby2:

We were only able to ask one question and maybe a follow-up question so my SERIOUS apologies I couldn't ask more. I had SO MANY wonderful PSILY questions that I had hoped to ask.

Enjoy!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Thanks Dr. Em, but the link isn't working.

edited to add: I just tried again and it's now working fine. Thanks a lot.

Edited by patsyb

Link works fine for me! :claphands:

~Mel

Just wondering if there will be a transcription of the phone call? My speakers just died, and I can't hear it. Waahhhhh.

Lisa

Thanks for putting this up so quick. I'm so happy Gerry quit smoking! :claphands:

Edited by Janine

If you can't get the link to work, try right-clicking and save-target-as. It'll download as a zip file, and you'll just have to extract it from its compressed state to open it.

I believe Ms. KT (Songbird) is going to transcribe it!

That being said...

What a great phone call!! Very insightful questions and as always, despite him being tired out from a long day, Gerry gave thoughtful and detailed answers. Dayna, I thought you did a WONDERFUL job! :hug99:

His comment, "Michael Crawford should've been Burns!" made me laugh and feel sad at the same time... and LOL Dayna at your "Don't go there!" with the suggestion of Tom Cruise as Burns *bleh*!

Thanks for getting it up so fast!

:hearts:

~Mel

WOW!!!!Mel, thanks for the help....I LOVE YOU!!!!

Dayna, you were wonderful!!!!You sounded so calm and collected(how'd ya do it?)Great question....so excited to hear that Burns is possible.....

Gerry!!!!Congratulations on quitting the smoking.....So proud of you!!!!and happy for you!!!!know it's been something you've strived for so many times!!!!

That could be part of the reason he was sick.....like he said...different climates...and tiredness....along with his lungs healing themselves.....I know when my mother quit after 60 years of smoking that when they begin to heal it can be rough...she now has asthma.....Gerry I will pray that you heal completely...take care of yourself!!!!HUGS!!!

Edited by redroseblackribbon

Dr. Em and all that were involved in giving us this interview...all I can say is

Posted Image from the bottom of my heart....especially to Gerry for taking the time out of his schedule to talk to us all!

hugs,

Sue

Thank you so much for this!!! :claphands::claphands::claphands:

I'm finally quitting smoking, so I feel his pain.

Well, I will, I've cut down and I really have to quit, it's not fun, but still, it's good for ya.

That was a terrific teleco!! Thank you Gerry for taking he time to talk to us, and thank you Dayna and the other Admins from other fan groups for the great questions. I echo everyone else in congratulating Gerry on stopping smoking. What a great gift he has given himself and us! A healthy Gerry makes us happy!!!

Suzie

:claphands: Dayna, great job! I think you stumped him with the first question but the Burns question was A WINNER! :yippee: What a Sweetheart he is to do this for his fans....I can't think of another actor that would take the time to be this gracious! Thank you Gerry! I love it that he quit smoking too!! UM...... :bonk: The first question wasn't you after all! Sorry.... But I think you asked the best one of all !!!!!

:D Fran

Edited by ladyfran

I can't get the file to download. :confused:

I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Oh well.

I can't get the file to download. :confused:

I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Oh well.

it's probably b/c the file is 23 mb and there are a bunch of people downloading. i'll break it into 2 parts. give me a few

Part 1 (8 mb)

Part 2 (8 mb)

Thank you so much for this-it's wonderful. Gerry is so real isn't he? I can empathize with the lung problems. The first 6 to 9 mos after quitting smoking I was sick almost all the time-colds, bronchitis etc etc etc. It does get better Gerry-lots better. Thanks again.

DAYNA!! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: Thank you for asking him how he was feeling!! I'm soooo glad he's feeling better!! That was the only question for him that I requested. Thank you for asking for us!!!

I loved hearing this!! Thank you for putting it in two parts, as well. He sounds wonderful (God, I could listen to him read the damn phone book), and he laughed and seemed to enjoy talking to you all.

What a wonderful experience - again. :) Bravo, Dayna!! And your question made him drop the "F" bomb! Yay . . .

I also love his answer to your question about the release of Burns, that the story should stand on it's own, etc. What a great answer. He really cares so much about the films he makes and the quality and genuineness of them. Such an awesome man.

Lisa :hearts:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Dayna, good job! Thank you for asking about Gerry's health. I was one of those that put in that question. I'm so glad to hear he has quit smoking. I hope he gets a good long vacation after "Game" is over. He needs to recoup from everything. Thank you Gerry for giving us this interview. It was a winner!

Kathy :wave:

Just wondering if there will be a transcription of the phone call? My speakers just died, and I can't hear it. Waahhhhh.

Lisa

Yes Lisa, there will be a transcription posted. Holly and I are working on it now.

Katie

I couldn't hear the beginning of the interview all that well, but it seems to me, the first question was awkward, at best. Gerry sounded uncomfortable with that question, and I must say, it made me cringe. I thoroughly enjoyed his insightful and detailed responses to the other questions, however, and I'm happy to hear that Burns is still important to him. I like his observation, that timing the film with Burn's anniversary is not really an issue.... he's just interested in telling a great story.

I'm so happy to hear he's quit smoking!

The man is a darling!

Swannie

Thanks so much for the transcript, ladies. He really is a sweet man. I love how he said, "Here's the thing, you guys know me..."

So I guess those of us who have observed from recent photos, that he appears a bit meatier than usual, and tired... were on the mark. The truth is, we just care about him so much, and want him to be happy and well.

Thanks to WB for arranging the call!

Swannie

My day of staying home has been changed to going to a kid's party. I'm off to breakfast now and then out. I'll have to listen later. I will say THANK YOU to Dayna for posting the interview and Thanks to Stef for breaking it up. I can't wait to listen to it.

Cassie

Great Job Dayna! :claphands:

I am so glad to hear he is feeling better and to hear he quit smoking! I hope he can stick with it. :rose:

I love listening to Gerry speak! Not just for his sweet Scottish burr but because you can hear the intelligence in what he says. When he gives an answer to something he has feelings about, his words are deep and meaningful. He cares so much about what he does and it shows in what he says. He is a beautiful man with a wonderful heart and mind. He just amazes me. :hearts:

Thanks for posting! :thankyou:

PatKay

Lisa

Yes Lisa, there will be a transcription posted. Holly and I are working on it now.

Katie

Thanks so much, Katie. My speakers went in and out and I was able to hear it after all, but reading the transcript right along with it was soo helpful!!

So many things he said made my heart skip beats . . . "big puppy dog" . . . "delicious" . . . and him joking around with Dayna about Tom Cruise . . . too funny. He's amazing.

Wonderful interview - again!

Lisa

Sign in to follow this