Gerard Butler GALS

Phone conversation with Gerard - 12/7/07

Thank you so, so much for the transcript and for such nice questions! I have just downoaded it, I will listen to it later, but I was really happy to read the transcript and such good news!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Gerry's Michael Crawford and Tom Cruise wise cracks! It's delightful that he can laugh at himself about things the critics have mentioned (as if critics ever mattered to us!) Gerry's delicious sense of humor and sense of himself came through in every answer. Dayna, you did an awesome job, and thank you Katie and Holly for the transcript! Gerry and W.B., you rock!

Suzie

Fantastic job Dayna!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for representing us like you do. You're the bomb lady, the BOMB! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: :claphands:

Thank you - that was wonderful and he sounded great. But, the best thing about it was the gift he's given to all of us who love him - he quit smoking. Let's hope it sticks this time.

Keeping fingers crossed he gets his Robert Burns movie. I always love to see dreams come true.

:inlove: Marlene

What a great interview! :claphands:

Thanks, Dayna and Stef for making it available so soon, and to Katie and Holly for the transcript. :wave:

You're welcome! Katie and I are getting pretty good at "tag teaming the 'burr'"! LOL I don't know about Katie, but for me, as a transcriber, he seemed more relaxed in this one than the last. Not as much "jumping tracks" with his train of thought ... it "flowed" easier.

I'm with y'all - his quick-wittedness and sense of humor is priceless. It DEFINITELY adds to his sex appeal. I enjoyed his explanation of "Gerryjuice" (I was intrigued by his using it as "one" word). And the Burns question was great, Dr. Em! For me, I appreciated hearing about the status of this project straight from him. He simply HAS to find a way to get this done!

(WB reps, if you're reading this - THANK YOU for this opportunity. I PROMISE we'll start repaying the favor on 12/21!)

(Gerry reps, if you're reading this - please thank HIM for us! We ALL know his work schedule and what he's going through to keep us "entertained." For him to take some time to give us this wonderful "ear candy" is VERRA appreciated and not taken for granted! If you're a gal "Gerry rep," go ahead and give him a kiss for us, too! :cunning: )

Happy hollydays, y'all!

Spot

As for the smoking ... it's amazing what a couple of good chest infections will do! I know pneumonia is what "cured" me!

I thought the interview was great, The Burns question made me get an idea, we raise money for charities that Gerry supports, wouldn't it be great if with the help of his other fan sites we could raise money for the funding of the "Burns" movie, it seems so important to Gerry and we do all of this to support him right!, sincerely, Tracy

Hello GALS!

Well, the call is over and here are the links:

Part 1 (8 mb)

Part 2 (8 mb)

It was done completely different than the last time and it was, er, ah, different, but what was great was that we each had Gerard to ourselves for our question!

Gerard was, as always fantastic, witty and funny. Don't we just love him?

We were only able to ask one question and maybe a follow-up question so my SERIOUS apologies I couldn't do more.

Enjoy!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

<----Crikey! Just look at him! *sigh* Ahem. Edited to add: I've added the tentative transcript to post #21. Thanks! Katie "Songbird"

Dear Dr. Em.,

I've just listened to the interviews and the great questions asked of Gerry by the fans, and it was wonderful!!

Gerry is so relaxed, funny and he made the ladies asking the questions relaxed too, because he was so "available", he's such a lovely man, so down-to-earth, that's one of the MANY reasons that we love him SO much. The one thing that I was unhappy about was that I'm over here in Australia and did'nt get the chance to speak to Gerry. :wave:

Thank you for making this interview available on the GALS Forum!!

Big Gerry Hugs,

Deborah-MareksLady

Thanks for the transcript, KT! I'm so glad to know that GB quit smoking and took a few moments to talk to all of the fan sites. I hope he gets some rest over the holidays and feels better soon!

That was a great interview! Dayna, your question was incredibly insightful, and his answer was just precious! I dying of laughter when I heard his quips. Loved it.

My only problem with the whole thing was the question GB.net asked. I don't want to offend anyone, but it really seemed out of place, and frankly, creepy. I felt like it almost put a shadow over the whole thing, that is, until he heard the other questions asked.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Stacy

I wanted to point out that our greats Katie (Songbird) and Holly (heISmyGSpot) have THE most accurate transcript on the net. Nothing has been edited out or missed. We have even gotten another recording from sweet Aislinn (Ashley Kath-Bilsky) of TBDI group to make sure we didn't miss a thing.

I just feel I should praise our GALS to the roofs for always making sure our transcripts are "court" accurate. Can you tell they work for attorneys?

:thankyou: again Katie and Holly. You two are the bomb!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I'm watching your 2nd avatar, Dayna, and wishing I could ask him: So, Gerry, did you apply any of the workout moves you learned for "300" to those striptease moves you have in PSILY? Looks like some amazing ab work going on there!!

Stacy - there's been a lot said elsewhere (much of it on GB.net) about that first question. Suffice it to say it was at best awkward and at worst, well, we won't go there here.

Katie and Holly - you are a great transcription tag team! And Dr. Em managed to get the only "bomb" dropped during the conference call - the Burnsian :fook: bomb! :claphands: for Dr. Em, you make me proud to be a GAL!!!!

You are all so welcome! BELIEVE ME when I say that it was totally my pleasure to don my headphones and listen very closely to Gerry's voice, word for word, breath for breath, over and over again, :heat: No wonder I was up past 3:00 this morning! :rotflmao:

That was a great interview.

Thank You Dr.Em, your questions were terrific. So glad to hear he's feeling better and has quit smoking. Woot Woot!!

Thanks Katie and Holly for the great transcript.

Marianne

Thankyou for this terrific interview, I enjoyed it so very much. Just to hear his voice is a dream and Dr. Em your questions were so good.

I was waiting for someone to wish him a Merry Christmas, but I think whoever was in charge, the voice in the backround who was annoucing each interviewer kind of cut the end short. But it was wonderful and again, thankyou thankyou. Dayna you sounded great>

Love and Hugs, M

Yes. Thank you to all involved for this interview. It was wonderful. Especially thank you to Gerry for doing this.

The interview was great. Dr. Em you did an AMAZING JOB!!!!! You were able to ask him about his health AND burns and do it in a way that made me SOOOO proud to be a GAL! Thank you Songbird and Holly for the amazing transcript!

And of course THANK YOU GERRY for taking time out of his very busy schedule for this!