Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Stef with an F

Interesting Blog Post - PSILY Premiere

oh wow that entire blog and the comments had me giddy. There are no words to describe how I feel about Gerry, never have I been so enamored with an actor or star. When I first came over to the "Gerry-side" I was even surprised by how completely honest and beautiful this man is. To this day I still can't believe that such a person exist, especially in Hollywood.

This line made me smile

"He does a sort of dance when interacting with fans resembling a cross between a child at his first recital and the bobbing of an enamored pigeon. Smile broad and infectious, he spends an inordinate amount of time making a connection with each soul. "

I think the realization of how many people really are fans just makes him giddy..I think he's still surprised, and I adore him for that!!! He's not jaded, and that's a rare quality in Hollywood today.

Thank you for this!!!

In reading over this blog this particular section struck me. If the GALS here will allow me to..I'd like to address it but by bit to try and make sense of it.

"In a flash, he drew back his arm in pitcher’s stance and threw a fistful of trinkets into the crowd. There was an audible gasp, scurrying to capture the articles and a corporate sigh of disbelief. This endearingly sweet man had thought ahead…planned to surprise those that wait hours on his behalf."

"What a rare human being".

I agree, if he wasn't like this, I doubt he'd hold most of us captivated as he does.

"If you are a fan of Mr. Butlers perhaps you have a bit of a lump in your throat, a tug at your heartstrings or a slight shake of the head in amazement of his continued humanity. I, sitting here at my computer, wonder what’s to be done. The price of escalating fame: inability to make personal connection. It must tug at his heart as well".

Yes, indeed I do have a lump. One cannot fake the compassion or enthusiasm that this man has. It exudes from every pore and Gerard has a tendency to give so much of himself back.

"So as growing recognition does the inevitable, I mourn the loss of access to an exquisite soul. What’s a star so full of integrity to do?"

The author of this blog goes on to suggest that perhaps he monitor a website, and yes, I make no bones about which site I hope he comes to, if he does at all. Then again I'm rather biased. The thing about Gerry in my opinion, as evidenced by his actions at the premiere, is that no corporate entity, be it the hollywood mechanisms or otherwise, are going to be able to dictate to this man how and what he chooses to do to give that tiny bit of himself back. Time and time again, regardless of time constraints, Gerard puts his fans on the front burner. He takes time out to stop for a picture, and smile when he's feeling under the weather.

He's been affliated with this business of cutthroats and instant fame mongers for a number of years and I'm sure that if he was going to ever become jaded, he would've done so by now. I don't think this connection is ever going to be severed no matter how "big" Gerard becomes. That "enigma" quality that he has will remain one of his sources to be able to deal with the intense and overwhelming pressure this kind of fame can bring. His feet remain firmly rooted in reality. He knows that he is only a man, made of flesh and bone. He breathes and bleeds just as the rest of us do.

Yes he gets "giddy" that child like peter pan syndrome coming to the fore. When put in the same situation, how would the rest of us feel? The adrenaline that surrounds these types of affairs is easy to tap into as long as one has a positive attitude and doesn't take themselves too seriously. Yes, our beloved Mr Butler is driven. He is hardest on himself and therefore it's this readers opinion that he'll continue to give that little bit of himself back that he can.

While he may not quite understand "what all the fuss is about", he does understand what a personal touch can mean to a person and I think that it's because of this that this interaction won't be numbered. Gerry is gonna keep diving into crowds, reaching out and shaking hands, making his humorous and full of sexual innuendo comments because he's savvy and smart. He knows what works to get a fans blood into the excitement of the atmosphere and he's willing to give that so that it's memorable. I for one will always commend the man for that ability, and for that very same reason, I'll also be one of the ones willing to make a fool of myself by sticking that bumper sticker across my forehead in a show support of him. Other people might think it's "nuts", but if makes him giggle or smile for just 1/10th of a moment, that's all I care about.

If on the oft chance he's doing what the author of this blog suggested and perusing this particularly fabulous fansite, to him I would say: Keep doing what you're doing sir, You'll always have a captive audience here.

Edited by Iliessa

Very nice blog...it's so nice to see people that realize what we see all the time......our beloved Gerry!!!