Gerard Butler GALS

12/17 - Butler "Too Busy" for Love

jenn

http://www.pr-inside.com/butler-too-busy-f...ove-r351910.htm

BUTLER 'TOO BUSY' FOR LOVE

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-12-17 17:54:48 -

Scottish actor GERARD BUTLER is giving up on love - because his career in show business prevents him from having a lasting relationship.

The 300 star, 38, has previously been linked to Sin City actress Rosario Dawson, but insists the love of his life is his pet pug, Lolita.

He says, "(I'm) just too busy. I'm starting to give up on all that. I go from one location to another and even if you meet somebody nice, you know you're about to fly to the other side of the world. And I'm over long-distance phone calls!"

Oh! What's a mother to do. I believe in my heart of hearts that Gerry doesn't really mean that. I truly believe that he wants to find that special one but she just hasn't come along yet. I also believe he needs to find someone outside of show biz, one who is nurturing like his mum, and understands what he is trying to accomplish in this life. I see him with a simple but elegant woman that would bare him a beautiful family. :goodjob2: I do wish him success and all the best. :kisswink:

Tojo

Oh! What's a mother to do. I believe in my heart of hearts that Gerry doesn't really mean that. I truly believe that he wants to find that special one but she just hasn't come along yet. I also believe he needs to find someone outside of show biz, one who is nurturing like his mum, and understands what he is trying to accomplish in this life. I see him with a simple but elegant woman that would bare him a beautiful family. :goodjob2: I do wish him success and all the best. :kisswink:

Tojo

Well, dammit, I'm right here!!!!!

I need to add my qualifications: 1. I'm Jewish - nurturing comes with the DNA; 2. I completely understand what he's trying to accomplish, I support him and would back him in whatever his decisions (no matter how stupid I would think they are); and 3. I'm a fertile myrtle!! I'm not too old to start over again. :D And Gerry is the ONLY one I would do that for!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Tojo

Well, dammit, I'm right here!!!!!

LOL...same here.

Guest DonnaKat

I see him with a simple but elegant woman that would bare him a beautiful family.

I'm not sure about the elegant part, but when you look up "simple" in the dictionary...there I am.

I can be a bear sometimes, too...oh wait... you said 'bare', didn't you? My bad (see, I told you I was simple). :D

A lot of people focus on their careers for a little bit, he's so busy lately, I don't blame him.

But Gerry, really, I don't mind flying and I do have a great long distance phone plan too. ;)

Guest greyeyegoddess

You gals are so funny! :lol:

I was very surprised that his last relationship ended right before 300. I was so hoping he would have someone to share these great times. I feel bad for him.

I figure this answer is a way to keep people from asking him about relationships for the time being.

~alice

:music:

But ladies, this is solely his private thing. Love does not come on command. I am sure that when the right one comes, they will solve it somehow. I just wish him a really happy private life!

So - many - dirty - thoughts . . . :spontaneous: I'm running to the gutter now . . .

Of course, more than anything, I want him to be happy - no matter who that would be with.

You gals are so funny! :lol:

I was very surprised that his last relationship ended right before 300. I was so hoping he would have someone to share these great times. I feel bad for him.

I figure this answer is a way to keep people from asking him about relationships for the time being.

~alice

I had to come back to say that I agree with you, Alice. I also feel bad for him - his life is really not his own any longer. My heart hurts for him sometimes.

Guest DonnaKat

Speaking as a 40 year old never married single gal, I can see where he's coming from. You're constantly being asked why you're not 'with someone'...many times in a tone which suggests something is wrong with you. Then there are people that seem to think it's impossible for you to be happy, content, and fulfilled without being romantically involved. Then there are those who think you have issues, or can't 'hook somebody' because of some fault of yours...when the truth is, maybe you have tons of prospects, but you just don't want to go out with them or get serious with them.

I've been in and out of relationships my whole life...but I refuse to 'settle' just because someone else thinks I'm not a complete person until I find "Mr. Right" (a term that makes me cringe every time it's said to me). People do mean well, but honestly...you do get tired of trying to justify yourself to the world all the time.

Life does not begin when you 'find your other half'...if it does, then I feel very sorry for that person. Personally, I think Gerry is having a blast right now with the way his life is going. And if he isn't...well, I'm not that hard to locate if he wants to take a trip to St. Lou. :D

Guest greyeyegoddess

AMEN SISTA!

That's why I figured that it's just an answer for the moment. Doing a romantic comedy will bring up personal romance a lot, especially since he's hot and single. People wanna know.

~alice

I'm sure that Gerry feels like he has no time for love right now. That is no different than my son saying that he will never marry & he is 24! Gerry's life is busy & he needs to fuel his success. I do see him with a woman who is free to travel with him. A woman in the movie business or something like it wouldn't have the time to devote to Gerry. Women are so career driven & sometimes they miss what is important. I hope he is happy in whatever he does!

All kidding aside, I think the fact that Gerry knows who he is and what he can can't handle in his life right now speaks volumes to the type of integrity this man has. He's not running from marriage to marriage just because people think you should be married by 38 or whatever. Good for him for staying true to his beliefs and knowing what he wants and waiting for it (remember the Italian interview?).

As someone who always thought they were not a complete woman unless I had a man in my life, I can tell you that I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. I've been single for 6 years now, and it's only been since this past summer that I have begun to ENJOY it! I wouldn't have a husband right now (unless fantasies come true) for anything. I love having FREEDOM!!! I don't have to ask; account to; call; ask permission none of that crap anymore!! I get to go to LA and meet Gerry and not have to feel guilty about it!

So I say good for Gerry for knowing who he is! He is certainly an inspiration for me to live my life to the fullest - even if that means being a single woman forever. That just means I get to devote my life to Gerry (and my future grandchildren). He is so my hero . . .

Lisa

Being single or not is not always a matter of choice, and if somebody constantly asks you why you are single and when you will married, it gets quite annoying (I have some experiences with it, and, as I understood, a lot of you do too). Besides that, his profession really makes it much more difficult both for him and for her. Either constant travelling (and probably giving up her own carrier completely) or just long-distance calls for long periods of time and waiting at home alone, various tabloids being interested in you... And, lets face it, even the fact that so many women are in love with your boyfriend/husband and are potentially jealous of you probably would not be so pleasant! Will you wish all that to somebody you really love? I wish he could have more privacy (and his beloved one - no matter if now existing or in the future - too).

When you find Misses right, you'll know Gerry! *wink*

Many actors and actresses have loving and lasting relationships while in showbiz.

Don't let that stop ye!

Give Lolita a big (((hug))) for me! :lolita:

Well said, Zany Dear. Gerry, if you want my 2 cents, here it is. When you meet the right person, somehow the mountains that seem to be in the way become little molehills. I'm trusting myself to take my own advice. I've got a huge list of qualities I want my next man to be, and sometimes I honestly think there isn't anyone out there that fits the mold... too many obstacles to be overcome. When I start feeling like that, I take a deep breath, enjoy the wonderful friendships I've been lucky enough to make, and I feel grateful for all that I have been given. I take the future and put it all in the hands of God and the Universe. I know it sounds "zen" but I can honestly say, I'm happy. It's not about expecting to find happiness at the end of a journey; it's about finding happiness along the way.

Other actors and actresses have been able to do it. I know you will too.

I can totally relate to all this as I am 37 and single and its not that you are not open to a relationship you just have not met that special person and I don't see the point in settling for less. I think as I have gotten older and don't feel I have to account for anybody and can go anywhere without asking that alot of my friends said it would take a special someone for me to totally give up my independance and become one of those total love sick people I detest.

It does get annoying when your older relations that you see only at weddings always say "oh you'll be next". Well it works both ways and they started to shut up when I was at a funeral and I said to the last elder relation who made that comment "look you'll be next".

My favourite line now adays if someone asks why you are single or when will you settle down is to say "I've yet to meet a man that measures up to the pleasure a curly wurly gives me". For those non Brits a Curly Wurly is chocolate!!!!!!!!!!

It does get annoying when your older relations that you see only at weddings always say "oh you'll be next". Well it works both ways and they started to shut up when I was at a funeral and I said to the last elder relation who made that comment "look you'll be next".

That's great!!!!!

I rather he wait and find his perfect someone than to have all his "fun flings" spread across the gossip pages. I mean look at someone like Pamela Anderson who married yet again on the fly and is now filing for divorce. It's a joke I tell ya. She's 40+ years old she should know better.

Take your time Gerry no need to rush it. Find her and go back and have that Scottish baby you so want. Sorry that I couldn't be it for you :bonk: but C'est La vie. She's out there, just stop looking in LA/Hollyweird.

Cassie