Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

**Hey Susie Q, you can amend this post however you like when you're able to be on-site, okay? I named it P.S. I STILL love Gerry! because there's still so much to say about the movie and with the release countdown just three more days away, I figured, why not continue to 'feel the love' for PSILY! Hugs to you and all, your "KTBird"

QUOTING SUSAN from the last thread!

WELCOME to the 32nd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 37 floors to go to reach 69 again!

With more amazing, gorgeous pictures and promos seeming to crop up every day I think for most of us our case of GALS is in an acute stage. So this is the floor to let it fly (at the PG13 level please). The more we see that gorgeous man, and those loving gazes, the more we wish it could be us there in Hilary's shoes. "PS I LOVE GERRY"!! :inlove:

Posted Image

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

I need to find that trailer...anyone have a link?

I'm seeing PSILY on Friday...it CAN'T still be Tuesday! :bonk:

Mousie

Edited by mousie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Well, crikey...we posted together! Hate when that happens!

~alice

:music:

I have to wait to see it, it's opening on Friday here, but I just won't have the time! But I totally made time to see 300 though, yes, but that was march, and for some reason, this Christmas has me chasing my tail.

But of course, I could go to the late late late show. ;)

You GALS go on without me...I have to go to my Grandparents on Friday....Tell Gerry I said Hello XDD

Paige :wave:

Woot, first page! This is a record for me! EDIT: And top 10 posts on this floor! Go me! ha ha.

Oh, mousie, don't worry, it's STILL Tuesday! I want to see PSILY so badly! I also want to see Sweeney Todd, but that's R and mom said, "Uh, no." tsk tsk. So I'll wait (forever grrr) for the DVD and then watch it with a player that edits out the gore. Hopefully it's not a long wait.

Mel~ when I read your post last floor about PSILY coming to the local cinema, I had to dash over to Yahoo! Movies to make sure! I am SO pumped! lol. Wouldn't it be awesome if we all ended up seeing it at the same time? Not Friday, most likely, but it's not like you're never going to see it in the theater again!

Edited by MadameAngel

Posted Image

Me and lugerry on the sidewalk before the premiere last week. You can see my custom sweatshirt, which was just about completely covered by the TWO jackets I had over it by the time Gerry crossed the street. I doubt he could see any of it!

Um...Susan? Barbara? Am I going more deeply insane, or is that a Zorro-ishly dressed man behind you two?! Or is it The Phantom? Just who is that masked man behind you two?! Spill! BTW, you both look so fantastically happy, and that was way before The G-Man arrived on the scene!

Hi and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays to all!! I have received so many lovely Christmas cards from you all. Thank you so much. I'll be PM'ing you personally as time permits.

Hugs and :inlove:,

Katie

This:

Posted Image

Posted Image

AND now this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm in 7th heaven!!!

Katie - Thank you for starting the new floor. In that picture of me with Barbara we were on Hollywood Blvd. so there were all SORTS of guys dressed up. That one behind us was dressed like Zorro. There was some oddball running around in a pair of tighty whiteys and little else carrying a sign (don't recall what it said, we just wanted him to leave). We had a Spiderman, 2 versions of Batman (one like the TV version and one the movie) and all sorts of others. I guess I'm jaded, having been to that area a few times in the past year I don't even think to take pictures of them (plus, if you do, they expect you to give them money).

As for Nim's Island I have to keep reminding all my GALS that I claimed dibs on Alex Rover within minutes of the first picture being released on the evening of November 8 (yes I do remember the date) - and I also at that time said I hoped that the character of Jack daddy would wear glasses because I think they look so very sexy on Gerry. I got my wish, and I've got my guys and I am such a happy camper tonight you can't believe! I got a TRIPLE dose of Gerry on TV tonight - ET had Nim's Island trailer followed by a piece on PSILY and then when I shut off the recording Access Hollywood was just doing a piece on the Best Undressed in Hollywood 2007 and what picture was on my screen but Gerry Abfabulous from 300. I couldn't believe my luck!

Now I must go, have a verrrra long day ahead of me tomorrow and another the day after, so must get some sleep and set the alarm for "too danged early".

And this . . .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ohhh dear now I have to deal with Gerry wearing glasses..... XD I already have to deal with men wearing sunglasses XD

Posted Image

Paige :wave:

As for Nim's Island I have to keep reminding all my GALS that I claimed dibs on Alex Rover within minutes of the first picture being released on the evening of November 8 (yes I do remember the date) - and I also at that time said I hoped that the character of Jack daddy would wear glasses because I think they look so very sexy on Gerry. I got my wish, and I've got my guys and I am such a happy camper tonight you can't believe! I got a TRIPLE dose of Gerry on TV tonight - ET had Nim's Island trailer followed by a piece on PSILY and then when I shut off the recording Access Hollywood was just doing a piece on the Best Undressed in Hollywood 2007 and what picture was on my screen but Gerry Abfabulous from 300. I couldn't believe my luck!

Hey Susan, would you be up for sharing ole Alex???? Actually, I want the dad because he wears the glasses. OMG those quick seconds he looked so HOT!!!!! I got my Gerry excited jump as well watching ET. I just yelp and of course my hubby was like "Whatever". Wahoo!!!!

I'm sitting here at work, I just got here and I already got someone sending me a pm to answer. You know what, let me settle in first will ya! Jeez Louise!

You GALS have a great day!!!

Cassie

Guest DonnaKat

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and encouragement. I was really having a bad, bad day yesterday, but I'm feeling a LOT better today. My eyes are still slightly swollen, but nothing like they were yesterday. I went straight to bed about 5:30 to 10:30 last night, got up for a bit, then went back to bed about 12:30am. I'm much more rested and have much caffeine in me. :pointy: And I'm not wearing any zippers, either! :D

I got some good news this morning, and I might be making another trip to Vancouver next summer because of it. Of course it might mean cancelling my trip to Orlando this Spring, but I was probably going to do that anyway. And it's humpday...and I'm off at 10am this Friday, and then have a four day weekend... :woo:

Okay, I had better get back to work now.... :gettowork:

You all need to get in line for Susan to be sharing Alex with anyone! LOL

Donna, I really hope you have a much better day, sweetie! Posted Image

I didn't get to see ANY of the TV stuff last night. I didn't read about it until it was too late - the shows had already past. Oh well, that's okay. I have the trailer bookmarked on my computer! :D

More later . . . son's girlfriend needs to use the computer before she leaves for school.

Edited by phoenixgirl

Guest DonnaKat

Yeah, I think my co-worker's having the bad day I had yesterday. She has emailed me no less than probably 10 times this morning complaining about something. I'm about ready to take her hind end out for a morning margarita. :lol: She better not get me in a bad mood again today!! :D

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hello!

TWO MORE DAYS!

I'm so leaving work early on Friday..it's been dead lately anyways.

So, Donna, what's up in Vancouver? Hope you are feeling better. Ooo, four day weekend for me too! YAY!

Paige...lol! Cool pic!

I did see the ET clip and most of it was taken from the online interview with the three guys, so you all didn't miss much.

Glasses or no glasses, Gerry was hot in the Nim clip. Very cute. That's going to be such a busy time of the year when that movie comes out. \

Susan, as if I'm going to tell you when I'm borrowing Alex...see siggy... :lol::rotflmao: JK!

~alice

Guest DonnaKat

So, Donna, what's up in Vancouver?

Gatecon is happening in Vancouver...August 21-24 of next year. The tickets go back on sale Jan. 5, and since Richard Dean Anderson was added to the list, they're expecting a quick sellout. I'm still not sure I'm going, but I'm thinking very seriously about it (I guess I had better make a decision pretty soon). I have friends in Vancouver, and absolutely love it there. Bad thing is, last time I went I didn't want to come back home. ;)

Last time we were in Vancouver, my friend and I parked in this parking garage and went to eat. When we tried to go back to our car, they were filming a scene from "Smallville" there, so we couldn't cut back through the alley. It's funny how these things happen..the right place at the right time. We were like "we're not trying to bother anyone while they're working, we just want to get to our car" so the guys told us another entrance to the garage. Once we got to where the car was, we had a bird's eye view to the scene they were shooting. It was pretty cool...but not nearly as glamorous as people think. The guys stood there, he said a few words, raised one arm and pointed at the other person, they yelled 'cut' and that was it. And I thought my job was boring.... :lol:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Omigosh...you did tell me about that...duh!

I think I forgot it was in Vancouver.

If you see Tom Welling, take an extra long look for me...k? LOL!

~alice

Hi GALS,

Well this Christmas is gonna be different, that's for sure. It's looking like my hubby's back situation is gonna change many of our plans, and may impact his ability to work. Things are kind of scary right now.

That tribute interview is unbelievable! Whenever Gerry says things like that last comment, at first I'm shocked, and then I just start smiling!

He's irrepressible and irresistible.

Swannie

Gatecon is happening in Vancouver...August 21-24 of next year. The tickets go back on sale Jan. 5, and since Richard Dean Anderson was added to the list, they're expecting a quick sellout. I'm still not sure I'm going, but I'm thinking very seriously about it (I guess I had better make a decision pretty soon). I have friends in Vancouver, and absolutely love it there. Bad thing is, last time I went I didn't want to come back home.

Gatecon - as in STARGATE??????? I've been a HUGE Stargate fan since Season 1, but quickly lost interest once RDA became general . . . it just kinda sunk from there. How AWESOME!!! He's a hunk, huh??? Yummy.

How fun!

Guest DonnaKat

RDA is a hunk to some, I suppose....I'm not really into him in that way. But I know he has a huge fanbase, and any con that has him there is a quick sellout. I wouldn't so much be going there for him...Steve Bacic's going to be there too. ;) It would be nice to see him again (and a few other guests I wouldn't mind seeing for the first time).

RDA is a hunk to some, I suppose....I'm not really into him in that way. But I know he has a huge fanbase, and any con that has him there is a quick sellout. I wouldn't so much be going there for him...Steve Bacic's going to be there too. ;) It would be nice to see him again (and a few other guests I wouldn't mind seeing for the first time).

Who is Steve Bacic? Who did he play on SG-1??

Guest DonnaKat

Steve Bacic was System Lord Camelass ...I mean, Camulus. He's reprising the role for the upcoming "Continuum" movie.