Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Steve Bacic was System Lord Camelass ...I mean, Camulus. He's reprising the role for the upcoming "Continuum" movie.

Looked him up- very good looking guy. I don't remember him from SG-1, but that's okay. lol

For those wanting a share of Alex Rover I've generously decided that on the days that I'm enjoying the company of Jack daddy I will be glad to allow others to keep Alex occupied. He is such a hottie we wouldn't want him to fall into the wrong hands, so it is best to keep him all in the FANmily.

I never watched Stargate but I remember RDA from waaaaaaaaay back when (like in the 1970's) as Jeff Webber on General Hospital. He was a hottie then.

Jeff Webber on General Hospital. :thud: :thudstars:

Takes me way way way back. I used to be a huge GH fan back in those days. And yes, he certainly was a hottie. :heat:

:wave: to all. I feel like it's been ages since I've posted in here but I've been keeping up with the reading. Like most people, we are busy with Christmas preparations around here. My eldest two kids are getting ready to turn 18 this coming Saturday. (Not quite sure how they've gotten to that age. :lol: ) We celebrated last weekend with a fun party. The house was filled with a bunch of absolutely delightful teenagers who all seemed to have a good time. I loved being able to be an observer to kids just having fun together.

:hugs: and prayers to all that need them. Please know you all are always in my heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my GALfriends. :kisswink:

School's out! Huzzah!

Drive by... gotta go teach palm reading to self for family Christmas production...thing.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Ahhh...the days of Christmas vacation....the good ole days...lol!

~alice

:music:

Ahh, Christmas vacation - only day 3 and I've slept waay too much already. But I did watch POTO and TR2 today.

Now we're watching A Year Without A Santa Claus!! Such a great old movie . . . brings back so many memories!!!

Hey DM - my oldest will turn 20 in February, and my baby will be 18 next August. Believe me - I know how you feel! The older the kids get, the older we still get. Somehow, though, I'm better now than I was years ago . . . :D

HUGS!!!!

Lisa :hearts:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Argh! I'm stuck at work waiting for all the payroll papers to print on an extremely slow printer...and my computer got stuck twice. Yukk!

~alice

I forgot to tell you ladies. I wasn't feeling well last night, and went to bed right after dinner. Well it was really weird, because I was having this dream about Gerry, and I kept waking up, and then going back to sleep... and the dream just kept going.

It was simply this: He was lying in my bed with me. There was nothing overtly sexual going on, but he could not keep his hands off me. He just kept stroking my face, my arms, or my hair, and at one point, he kissed my neck! The weird thing is, in real life, Bill was lying right next to me, and the dream "me" was conscious of that.... but nevertheless, Gerry just kept holding me and touching me. It was affectionate, and somewhat flirtatious, but not really sexual... does that make sense?

WOW!

Swannie

I came this [---------] (lol) close to watching PotO today... Didn't tho, because my ex and myself had this whole Erik-Christine thing going on for a few years. After many (and on my part, tearful) emails (because we never see each other), he said, among other things: "I DO still love you..... (blah blah blah other stuff) Remember, my angel, the Phantom gave her up so she would be happy." And I cried and cried and cried. And felt rather pathetic as I cried.

WOW! Nice dream, Swannie!!! I am so envious! ha ha. I haven't had a Gerry dream in years. Must watch PotO... must watch PotO... *zombies away*

Edited by MadameAngel

Guest DonnaKat

I never remember my dreams, and when I do, they range from the weird to the mundane. I dream about going to cons....needing a bathroom and there's no empty stall....having to shower in a room full of people...someone's broken into my car....I have no shoes and I'm at school again....I'm talking to pink flamingoes....

But never sexual or romantic dreams.

I think something's wrong with me.

Well, we knew that, Donna! LOL

I've had one Gerry dream, and it wasn't sexual, either. I guess my brain would just explode if it also had sexual fantasies while sleeping . . . .

Guest greyeyegoddess

I think people who don't or can't remember their dreams, probably have a lot on their minds. Sometimes, dreams are things that allow our minds to be free...and don't always make sense.

I constantly dream that I'm in a debilitating car crash...I think it's because I don't like driving in the rain or the dark and I drive a lot. So if anything happens to me, you heard it first here.

But I have sweet morning dreams, when I don't want to get up.

Swannie writes a lot, and as a fictional writer myself, I sometimes dream about the characters I write about, even if it's not exactly the character. I found Swan's dream to be something like what she talks about Gerry...sweet, not demanding...just there for comfort and security.

But those are just my opinions...which could be worth diddly squat.

I've never really dreamed about Gerry, unless I was working on a character to write about. Then I see scenes quite clearly.

~alice

Guest DonnaKat

I'm a writer too, and I have a very vivid imagination....but I still never dream dreams like that.

Oh wait! I did have a pretty hot dream about Kyle Schmid (Henry from Blood Ties) a few months back. I have no idea what brought that on, but it was nice!

I often find myself dreaming about computer games after I spend too many hours obsessed with them (I was once Frankenstein in one of my dreams).

One of the weirdest dreams I had was when I was four years old. I dreamed I had a zipper in my stomach, and was holding ice cubes in my belly.

What? :confused:

I was four, for crying out loud!

Edited by DonnaKat

Guest greyeyegoddess

I think that is soooooo cool! How creative for a 4 year old.

I can't even remember any dreams I had when I was small.

~alice

Guest DonnaKat

I envy anyone who can have romantic or sexual dreams. I think I must think about "it" so much consciously, my subconscious doesn't need to bring it up during REM. ;)

A while back, I kept dreaming about people falling and dying. That was no fun. It's no fun to wake up in a cold sweat...at least not when it's because you're freakin' scared and traumatized.

I'm not an expert at dream interpretation, but it is a hobby of mine. I find it fascinating. I also find that, when I'm having a recurring dream, if I can analyze it properly and deal with it, it usually goes away (such was the case with the nightmares).

I really should become a psychologist... :D

Alice thanks for the compliment about my pic XD...

And Ive had dreams somewhat like that....but all the famous guys that I had liked or like now (including Gerry) were trying to look like Jyrki :spit: by trying to dress like him and talk like him :spit: I dont remember anything sexual with any of them. *atleast that is what yall think* XD

Paige :wave:

I think people who don't or can't remember their dreams, probably have a lot on their minds. Sometimes, dreams are things that allow our minds to be free...and don't always make sense.

I constantly dream that I'm in a debilitating car crash...I think it's because I don't like driving in the rain or the dark and I drive a lot. So if anything happens to me, you heard it first here.

But I have sweet morning dreams, when I don't want to get up.

Swannie writes a lot, and as a fictional writer myself, I sometimes dream about the characters I write about, even if it's not exactly the character. I found Swan's dream to be something like what she talks about Gerry...sweet, not demanding...just there for comfort and security.

But those are just my opinions...which could be worth diddly squat.

I've never really dreamed about Gerry, unless I was working on a character to write about. Then I see scenes quite clearly.

~alice

Oh Alice, you NAILED it!

Comfort and security.... and that's exactly how it felt to me! But I have to wonder, since hubby was the one I was in bed with... why would I dream about Gerry giving me those things? Maybe it's because Bill is going through a trauma.

Oh well.... It was a nice dream, and I enjoyed it!

Swannie

Guest DonnaKat

Oh great...my cat has been sleeping with me recently.

I can see it now...I have a dream about someone stroking my face and giving me romantic love...I open my eyes, and it's Gerry's head on a cat's body.

Yes, I would have a dream like that.

It'll be just like the stupid pink flamingo dream.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Maybe that's why I don't remember my dreams. They're just too dang weird for my somewhat normal brain to process.

My opinion on dreaming... I think often if you're trying not to think of something or someone, they'll show up in your dreams. Not that it applies to all situations, far from it... but I have had that happen before. About three years ago, I was working on a show with someone I really didn't want in my head... but for about a week straight, he was in my dreams. Ugh!

Anyhow, I'm very tired... my mum got home today after spending two weeks with the sis and husband and new little one!

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Oh Alice, you NAILED it!

Comfort and security.... and that's exactly how it felt to me! But I have to wonder, since hubby was the one I was in bed with... why would I dream about Gerry giving me those things? Maybe it's because Bill is going through a trauma.

Oh well.... It was a nice dream, and I enjoyed it!

Swannie

Around here, it doesn't surprise me that women who are married, have dreams about Gerry. But you could be looking for comfort from someone you admire. Yes, it could have something to do with your husband's trauma.

It could be that your mind is trying to help you get through this by giving you a little "delight" with Gerry around. Christmas is a special time of year for you and I can see how much joy you have with your family and friends. Having to deal with something that breaks into your comfort and joy, your mind could be protecting you with Gerry in your dream.

The mind is a wonderful and wild mechanism, and goes automatically to "protect" under shocking and stressful situations.

Donna...LOL! :rotflmao: Well, Gerry did say he felt like a lion on 300... :lol:

Mel, it's interesting that you mention that. Sometimes our minds bring up people or things that we don't care about. I've had the strangest dreams about an ex who I don't have any feelings for. But he keeps coming back in dreams. Drives me crazy! Not like I can do anything...he's married with three kids. But I try to relieve myself with dreams of more available guys...er...Gerry...even Michael?

I like talking about dreams....

~alice

I like talking about dreams, too! They are quite complex, and I'm a firm believer that dreams have meanings. Maybe not a profound meaning, but something that has to do with current situations in your life.

:hearts:

~Mel

I used to dream a lot that my teeth were falling out. They were all cracked and in my mouth, and I just kept spitting them out. That's a recurring dream. Another recurring dream I have is that I can't walk. I try as hard as I can to get up, but I can't. Weird, huh? What's the deal with broken teeth???

If I do have a sexual dream, most of the time I can't see the guy's face. About a month ago or so I had a really hot sexy dream about Hugh Laurie - which was weird cause I don't find him that sexually attractive, but I do love House. Bizarro . . . dreams are weird . . . I also have a lot of morning dreams, but those are usually so very bizarre . . .

Ever fall asleep in front of the TV and then dream about what show you're watching??? That's a strange sensation, too.

Guest greyeyegoddess

I agree Mel, which is why I'm weary about the car accident dreams, although the only dream I've had come true so far was when I got back from Brazil.

Lisa, I do have those kinds of dreams. Or dreams after you've seen a movie. I had this one from that one movie where the NY and the whole east coast was flooded by a tsunami. I think our minds try to register and put together the things we've viewed during the day.

Oh, I used to have a reoccurring dream where I was climbing the side of a mountain with bare hands and my nails fell off. Yuck! I guess that's from being very vain about my nails. LOL!

I must be a troubled mind.

~alice

What is interesting, is that I've had several dreams about Gerry over the past 3 years, and most often, I am the one comforting him.

One time in a very vivid dream, I pulled him away from some women at a party, who were trying to get him to start drinking again, and I sat on a park bench with him for the longest time... just holding him while he cried in my arms. I'll never forget that one!

This time, it was him comforting and loving on me. So yeah, I must have needed that. Meanwhile, I am giving all the comfort I can to Bill, as this episode with his back has really shaken him up.

I haven't tired NOT to think about Gerry... the truth is, he's just kinda always there.

Interesting.

Swannie