Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, blasted bugs!! I'm sorry Cassie and Swannie! :hugs: You ladies rest up....

:hearts:

~Mel

HEY! We (I got to meet up with to GALS buds) got to go yesterday afternoon.....YEAH for IRISH setting it all up.

I loved it. Loved loved loved it. We cracked up (that urn? GOOD GRIEF), and sniffed, enjoyed the "assets" of Gerry's Irish best friend, and that opening section (no spoilers --- I'll edit myself). It was a completely enjoyable movie and a completely different turn for those who only know Gerry via '300.' I'll be headed back to see it more than once this Christmas break.

YEAH!!!!! Jill

Hey you two, DONT FORGET ABOUT ME!!!!!

w00t!! I'm celebrating tonight! BYU just beat UCLA in the Las Vegas Bowl!

:party: :party:

I love that BYU has been in the Las Vegas Bowl the last couple of years... so appropriate! :pointy:

17-16! UCLA was set up for a field goal with three seconds left, and one of the Cougar defense line got a piece of the ball as it was kicked... and it was no good! Yeeeeah baby!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alumni pride, baby!!

*we now return you to your regular psily appreciation... aka drooling/lusting*

Jobella! *huggles*

~Mel

Posted Image

CHRISTMAS!

I've been getting ready for Christmas

I'm revving up for the great day

my credit card's cracked and my freezer is packed

'cause I started my shopping in May

The mistletoe's hanging in bunches

'cause the odd Christmas kiss isn't wrong

and the Vicar I've found - quite likes calling round

and exploring my crowns with his tongue

The bin men have gotten quite friendly

they're after a present I fear

they won't feel so chuffed when I tell them - get stuffed

'cause they don't speak the rest of the year

The family is coming for dinner

last year it was quite a good laugh

we ate fairly late - dished the veg on the plate

found the turkey was still in the bath

the Kids are all pink with excitement

'cause Santa will come so they say

their lists are extensive - extremely expensive

and they'll break it all by Boxing day

But it's worth all that fuss Christmas morning

when their little eyes are all aglow

when we're all feeling merry full of goodwill and sherry

and suffering from wind Ho Ho Ho

But please don't forget why we do it

why each year we must go to this fuss

for that guy up above who brought peace and brought love

and who probably owns Toys R Us..........

Liz Garrad

Don't forget to smile this holiday!

Hugs,

Anna X Posted Image

Posted Image

After seeing PSILY twice I like it more and more. I will go for the third time only after Christmas, but already am looking forward to it. I will also try to make my boyfriend go with me, especially if you say that your men liked it too.

Now I would like to wish you all Merry Christmas, may it be for all of you time of enjoyable peace, happiness, with all your beloved people around! It is my first Christmas with GALS and I am really happy to be here with you all!

Posted Image

Happy Holidays to all the Gals of the SC. Have a Joyful Christmas!

Donnie, we are glad you are here. As you know, our favorite Christmas drink (or any other day drink) is Gerry Juice, so may your Christmas be "spiked" with it!

Anna, my dear friend, that poem is hysterical....I especially liked the part about the vicar! ~snort~

Congratulations to Susan-Sporran for having the winning bid for Gerry USA and for keeping the wee man within GALS!!! Thank you Susan and especially Bella and Aimee for all your generosity and hard work on behalf of Toys for Tots. I'll bet Big Gerry will be proud!!

Hope everyone is just about ready for the big day!! I still have groceries and housework to tend to, then I'm done!

Hugs all around!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

My son and his girlfriend were going to take me tonight to see P.S. I Love You but I'm not feeling very good so I had to put it off for a couple days.I may wait til after Christmas.

Hey Peg, sorry to hear you're not feeling well...... I know when I spoke to you last you really didn't say anything about it. Hope you feel better cause you know you got to get to the movie theater tonight!! :dance: I'm going to the 4PM showing and I think Bobby just might even go with me!

Well maybe..

Take care sister and get better!!!!!

Edited by ladyfran

Just stopping in. I had to miss my family's annual, holiday mother daughter party today. I am really sick, and I sure hope my clinic is open tomorrow. This thing has gone into my chest, and I'm concerned that I may have pneumonia.

Seems like every few years, this happens to me.... so between Bill's injured back and me being sick, this Christmas is one I would like to be over.

I was hoping to get out and see PSILY again this weekend.... hopefully later in the week, I'll be better.

Swannie

Hi Gals! :D Just stopping by to say...

Posted Image

Thank you to everyone that sent me a Christmas card! :thankyou:

Swannie - I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon. :hug:

Mel - Congrats on BYU winning! :dance: Now, if only Purdue can do the same thing on the 26th. ;)

:wave: to everyone else!

jedisnoopy

Guest greyeyegoddess

Jedi, I love your avatar. Is his new show on?

I just got back from church and my mother had a singing part in a multi-language version of Silent Night. I was good to go until she started singing, and then I balled. Geez!

I have a get together with cousins tonight. We'll go see the lights up and nativity scene up in the Oakland Hills and have dinner. Wish me luck, because it seems that when I get together with all the married cousins, I can't quite get into the conversation of kids, husbands, and work. I guess I have going that I'm the oldest and under my mother's tradition, I'm supposed to be the most respected. lol! Whatever...

~alice

:music:

Guest DonnaKat

I just finished Christmas shopping (yes, I'm reeeally late this year), wrapping gifts, putting gifts under tree, chasing cat out from under tree, chasing cat out from under tree AGAIN and putting gifts back under tree after said cat took off with two of them....honestly, it's like I have real live human kids. :lol:

I want to personally say 'thank you' for everyone who sent me cards, and I apologize if you didn't get one in return. I feel really bad about that.... :bonk: I know this isn't the same, but it's better than nothing....

I hope all of you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year (click to make the Christmas Kitties bigger)!

Posted Image

I want to also say 'thank you' for the warm welcome I received from you GALS since I joined a few months ago. You are a very special group of people, and Gerry is lucky to have such a special group of fans...and I'm lucky and honored to be a part of you as well.

Well anyway...I think I'm FINALLY seeing the end of the tunnel. All that's left now is to finish cleaning the house, and sending out a few more holiday wishes. Oh, and thanks to yet another holiday family rift (long story), I'm no longer hosting Christmas (despite spending a bunch of money on food in order to do so). Instead, I will be going to my brother's house tomorrow (we celebrate on Christmas Eve). I think I'll just put that duck in the oven on Christmas Day anyway. There's no sense in letting it go to waste....

*Just gives HUGE supportive hugs for the Donna Kitty and says nothing more*
Guest DonnaKat

*Just gives HUGE supportive hugs for the Donna Kitty and says nothing more*

Awww, thanks! Believe it or not, it isn't my parents this time. They actually WANTED to spend Christmas at my house. But my brother and sister in law insisted they said they would do it (despite the fact they told me otherwise just a month ago, and have hosted Christmas at least the past two years, AND Thanksgiving this year). Not wanting to argue, I told them they could...I'm too tired to argue with anybody at this point. *eye roll*

On another note...I leave out food for the stray cats that live under my house...and just now I saw a cat I had never seen before, eating out of the bowl. Honestly, have I become a freakin' home for lost and abandoned stray animals? LOL! This one was cute, though...and I'd never seen him/her before. It was an orange tabby with what looked like a milk mustache. I'm wondering if it isn't my stray kittens daddy or something. LOL!

I just remembered....after I finish cleaning, I have to BAKE!! AAAAAGH! I guess I'll make fudge...I hadn't really thought of it before, since I thought I was hosting the derned thing and had the main course(s) set up.

Jedi, I love your avatar. Is his new show on?

~alice

Thanks Alice! :D Alas, not yet... :crybaby: but hopefully soon! :dance: It's so cool that I keep finding more Josh fans on GB sites. :pointy: He does have a temporary Yahoo! group that he posts updates on....when he has the time. ;) The link to it is on his (still under construction) website: joshbernstein.com

Donna - Good luck with the Christmas desert....and drama. :hugs:

jedisnoopy

Guest greyeyegoddess

I love the History Channel, and he made the show he did soooo interesting. I was upset that someone else took that show. And I hear the new one is on Discovery channel.

I'm waiting for his new show.

~alice

Hey Gals,

Just wanted to stop in real quick and wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone is well and happy!!!

For anyone who's wondering, I've been walking since early December now, some lifestyle changes have had to occur, but otherwise things could be alot worse!!!

Big Hugs

Dawn

Edited by Dawn

Still not feeling well so another day I missed seeing P.S. I Love You.Just my luck!!!Now I know it won't be til after Christmas.Ron took his kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks this afternoon and said come on Ma you can see your movie at the same time.Would have been great if I felt better.Lucky Fran she found a movie somewhere near her and they all wentto see it.She was so excited.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well....

:hugs: Peggy

Guest DonnaKat

I know this isn't an official movie chat night, but I'm getting ready to watch Phantom of the Opera. If anyone wants to join me, I'm going to get "on line" for a bit.

I know I should be baking....but I'm tired. Need time for myself....thinking I can take care of obligations tomorrow morning... ;)

I just got home from seeing PS I Love You with my hubby and HE LIKED IT! He said he thought it was a great movie! Of course the first time I started sniffing he said in a regular voice so those around us could hear, "now, come on... you already know this movie by heart and what's coming next so pull yourself together dear."....Of course that led to snickers, chuckles and outright laughs all around us :boink:....however as the movie progressed (and so did my blubbering...I could see Himself (as Anna would say) getting choked up a couple of times. And near the end when Harry Connick Jr. reads Gerry's last letter out loud my Dan'l leaned over and kissed me and whispered (with tears in his eyes) that that was how he felt about me (which made me ball even more)!! After the show was over I went to the ladies room and their were quite a few sniffling ladies in there rubbing mascara off, blowing their noses and talking about how much they loved it! :claphands::claphands::claphands:

Dear Peggy and Swannie, I sure hope that you are both feeling better for Christmas.

Frannie, I'm so glad you were going to get to see it!

Donna, if you're running a home for cats....I have one!!!! PLEASE let me send her to you as a present. :D

Dawn, I'm so glad you are up and walking!!

Well, if I don't get on again before Christmas I want to tell you all how much I love you each and everyone of you and how much you have added to my life. I wish you all the most blessed Christmas and here's to a very Gerry 2008!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

hugs and love,

Sue

Edited by irish

I loved it, but it made me so sad. I long for that kind of love . . . to semi-quote the movie, "I want to be somebody's" Holly . . . One day . . .

It was the scene in Ireland when they first met that killed me. I fell in love with Gerry (Butler) all over again. SIGH. And now I'm off to see it again with my kids, their treat.

I won't say too much cause I know many of you haven't seen it. But go, run and see it - and bring a lot of tissues and don't have to pee cause there's no lull in the movie for you to leave the theater (well, there is, but I won't spoil any of the movie for you).

HUGS

Lisa

Dawn! *tackle hug* Hooray for walking! I'm so very happy! :hearts: Good te see ya here!

Swannie, even if your clinic isn't open, GET YOUR BEHIND TO URGENT CARE! That's not something to screw around with. Hugs to you and Bill...

*hugs* to you too, Donna... You can get through!

Heya Alice, you'll also get through... just whip those younger cousins into shape with some slightly off-color comments! :D Erm... something like that, anyway. :kisswink: Hooray for your mom's solo in church!

Ahhhh, Sue! What a sweet husband! My dad and brothers liked the movie, too... and in fact, my mom relayed to me what my dad said about it later on...

He'd said that most of this time, he'd kinda thought Gerry was just another pretty face, but after this movie... "He really is a good actor!" That's big-time praise when it comes to my dad! :claphands: Don't get me wrong, he's not a grumpy guy who thinks negatively of everything, not at all... he just doesn't speak his praise very often, so that was very cool!

I've a bit of a headache, so I'm gonna go... MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!

:hearts:

~Mel

I loved it, but it made me so sad. I long for that kind of love . . . to semi-quote the movie, "I want to be somebody's" Holly . . . One day . . .

MAJOR hugs to you Lisa... that's exactly how I felt. :hearts:

~Mel