Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Songbird

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

Everyone is asleep and I finally found my kitchen counters again (at least until tomorrow)....I'm exhausted (but a good exhausted)...my grandson is making my Christmas so special this year....but I couldn't go to be until I came here to wish all my galfriends a truly blessed Christmas.

I'm so sorry Donna that your Christmas Eve didn't work out that well...and I really feel for your brother and his wife....I hope everything works out....and Ilessa :hearts: ....I wish you lived close....I'd have you over tomorrow for dinner so you wouldn't be alone.

To all of you.....I wish you love and laughter for the rest of this Christmas and holiday season.

hugs,

Sue

(and if it gets too hectic...well just screw it! :lol:Posted Image

I am sorry some of you are not having the Christmas you wish for, or deserve. It is so hard when we build up certain expectations, to only have them unrealized. No one should be alone on Christmas.

I would like to share something. One of the things I love the most about my husband, is his natural effort at having a positive attitude, even in the most negative situations. And this is especially true at Christmas. No matter what our financial status, or what state our health is in, Bill is always happy at Christmas. I feel so blessed to have a man who truly enjoys the time we spend as a family, and regardless of our current troubles, Bill is cheerful and selfless. In this way, he very much reminds me of Gerry Kennedy; a man who always seems to put his wife's needs first.

We had a lovely evening at my sister's home tonight. I am still recovering from this illness, but it was so wonderful just to be there in her warm and beautiful home. Reba is just like me, in the way she turns her entire home into a Christmas wonderland. We had a fabulous dinner, and then watched The Santa Clause 3 together.

Now we are home; Nathan lounging on the sofa in his robe, Bill reading a book, and I at the computer visiting my cyber home, while the cats frolic on the rug. This is what Christmas is all about!

Tomorrow we head to my mom's for Christmas dinner.

I have much to be thankful for on this Christmas Eve.

Blessings and peace to all,

Swannie

Guest DonnaKat

Oh how I wish I would have been checking out that Grauman Chinese Theater webcam last night.... :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Scantily dressed Santa arrested on DUI charge in Hollywood

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Some gifts from Kris Kringle are better kept wrapped.

A man in a Santa hat was arrested Sunday night for investigation of drunken driving after he was spotted outside Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood wearing a wig, a red lace camisole and a purple G-string, police said.

"We are pretty sure this is not the Santa Claus," Deputy Chief Ken Garner said.

The suspect was booked into jail after his blood-alcohol level measured just above the state's legal limit of .08, police said. He was later released on $5,000 bail.

The man, who is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 280 pounds, also wore black leg warmers and black shoes. His car was towed to an impound yard, police said.

Merry Christmas to all my GALS!! Just wanted to share a pic of the banner my sister got for me at the movie theatre last night... this thing is HUGE too! 5'x10'!!!

Posted Image

Hugs,

Jenn

Oh my word Donnakat I sure would have liked to have seen that too. You know more people get drunk at Christmas time then new years. Its a shame and more suicides at Christmas but I really got here to say Happy Holidays to All you beautiful GALS. Hope you day is full of joy, love and suprises.

I have not been feeling well still my head waiting to get to the neuro dr. But I am making it waiting now on my husband to come home so we can eat he relieved everyone at the funeral home so they could be with their families this morning. Usually he is home by now.

Its 65 here and sunny and I have on a sweat shirt and I am hot have to change it. I have a few windows open. I watched 300 and now DF so I am having fun. love to ya'll Betts

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday! I went over to my brother's for Christmas dinner and it was very yummy! Mel got me a beautiful purse for Christmas, thank you sis!

Swannie: ugh, prednisone is my best friend and worst enemy, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

Aww, Donna, what a letdown! Some people can't seem to enjoy themselves no matter WHAT. I hope you had a good day today with your cats. :rotflmao: about the scantily-dressed santa!

Iliessa: us gals are here for you! :comfort:

Everyone have a good day for the rest of Christmas!

Luv, Mousie :hearts:

Hey Groovy GALS! :inlove:

Long time, no see, but I still come by at least weekly to lurk around, play Trivia Challenge, or Vote for GALS! I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! I'm missing y'all these days, but work and moving has drained my time. *sigh*

I also just saw P.S. at the theatre, and I'm in that lazy, hazy Gerry daze...he was SO terrific, wasn't he??? :tissues::thud: I dragged 2 friends along, and wore my self-satisfied, "See? See why I love him now???" smile :D all the way home! lol Can't WAIT till the vid comes out and I can watch it all the time.

I hope that all of you are well and happy, and having a wonderful Christmas!

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Kimberley

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday! I went over to my brother's for Christmas dinner and it was very yummy! Mel got me a beautiful purse for Christmas, thank you sis!

Swannie: ugh, prednisone is my best friend and worst enemy, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

Aww, Donna, what a letdown! Some people can't seem to enjoy themselves no matter WHAT. I hope you had a good day today with your cats. :rotflmao: about the scantily-dressed santa!

Iliessa: us gals are here for you! :comfort:

Everyone have a good day for the rest of Christmas!

Luv, Mousie :hearts:

Hi Mousie,

Yes I know, sweetie... it is both a blessing and a curse. Fortunately for my condition, I only take it for a few days.

Overall, we had a lovely time at my moms, despite the stresses and strains of putting together a large meal, when everyone is plain worn out! We had the most incredible prime rib I have ever tasted in my life, and with all the goodies I've been eating, I'm gonna have to get back on that Nordic Track, just as soon as this bronchitis clears up.

So this year, due to my hubby's back and my lingering cold, we wound up with very few gifts under the tree. We were able to give Nathan the gift he wanted most (a rare Armenian wind instrument, called a duduk), and hubby and I gave each other one gift a piece, but actually, I rather enjoyed the gifts not being so much the focus. Over the years, we've had lean Christmas's, and we've had Christmas's where the gifts are plentiful.... but this year it was quite nice.

Now I am really looking forward to New Years weekend, which we are spending with our best friends!

Kimbo.... it is so nice to see you posting!

Hope everyone can get some rest!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Merry Christmas all!!

I hope you all had a great day and Santa brought you at least the no2 on your list, everyone's no1 would be G-man but alas he was not filling my stocking this yr!!

Oh and for those interested I was watching the PSILY clip of Galway Girl and I am actually in there all be it an extremely fuzzy version I'm there basically I shake my head twice, think it's one of those only i'd see me things. I'm going to see the flick friday night onl chance I have,

Love, hugs and best wishes to all

Celine xx

Guest DonnaKat

I know this isn't the FTB forum, but while we're on the subject of holidays, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and.....

After yet another ridiculous holiday family drama, I've come to the following conclusion regarding any and maybe all further holiday (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas) celebrations. I have decided that, beginning next year, I plan on doing one of the following:

1) Invite FRIENDS ONLY for a holiday party - meaning no family - none, whatsoever. Preferably single friends such as myself who either don't have anyone to spend the holidays with, or are tired of dealing with family drama and hurt feelings. At the church I used to attend, the singles in the church would do this...and I have to say, I had much more fun hanging out with them than I ever did with my family. Yes, they still spent time with their families (provided they had them), but this time was purposely set aside just for friends.

2) Go out of town for the holidays...just me. I could to go Times Square, or to Canada, or to Florida, or to Branson, or wherever my heart desired and my money could take me. I don't need anyone's permission, and I'm not tied to anything here. I'm single and free to go wherever I want and do whatever I want. The last time I did that my parents got angry, but considering what the past few holidays have been for me, at least I'll have the satisfaction to know I at least had a good time before I had to come home and deal with the normal mess. I mean, after all...I stayed home for them this year, and they didn't even show for Thanksgiving, and when it came to Christmas, they pitched a fit and left without eating or saying goodbye. That's not quality family time, and I'm through with it.

Do I sound bitter? Well yes, maybe I am...just a little. But I'm more hurt and disappointed than anything...and I'm tired of feeling this way every holiday through no fault of my own. I don't deserve this, and I'm tired of accepting being treated as if I need someone's permission to live my life. I'm a grown *** woman. If my family can't accept that, then there's nothing I can do about it.

*steps down from soapbox*

I know this isn't the FTB forum, but while we're on the subject of holidays, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and.....

After yet another ridiculous holiday family drama, I've come to the following conclusion regarding any and maybe all further holiday (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas) celebrations. I have decided that, beginning next year, I plan on doing one of the following:

1) Invite FRIENDS ONLY for a holiday party - meaning no family - none, whatsoever. Preferably single friends such as myself who either don't have anyone to spend the holidays with, or are tired of dealing with family drama and hurt feelings. At the church I used to attend, the singles in the church would do this...and I have to say, I had much more fun hanging out with them than I ever did with my family. Yes, they still spent time with their families (provided they had them), but this time was purposely set aside just for friends.

2) Go out of town for the holidays...just me. I could to go Times Square, or to Canada, or to Florida, or to Branson, or wherever my heart desired and my money could take me. I don't need anyone's permission, and I'm not tied to anything here. I'm single and free to go wherever I want and do whatever I want. The last time I did that my parents got angry, but considering what the past few holidays have been for me, at least I'll have the satisfaction to know I at least had a good time before I had to come home and deal with the normal mess. I mean, after all...I stayed home for them this year, and they didn't even show for Thanksgiving, and when it came to Christmas, they pitched a fit and left without eating or saying goodbye. That's not quality family time, and I'm through with it.

Do I sound bitter? Well yes, maybe I am...just a little. But I'm more hurt and disappointed than anything...and I'm tired of feeling this way every holiday through no fault of my own. I don't deserve this, and I'm tired of accepting being treated as if I need someone's permission to live my life. I'm a grown *** woman. If my family can't accept that, then there's nothing I can do about it.

*steps down from soapbox*

:claphands::claphands: Like you said....It's your life and you're a grown woman! Going to Times Square sounds nice! :cunning:

:D Fran

Or you can always come to sunny Florida Donna Kitty!

Hi my lovely naughty monkeys!!! XD I love saying that.

Merry Late Christmas and a Happy New Year. I did not see "P.S. I Love You" until the day before Christmas Eve. I was at my Grandmother's house which was why I was not here. I thank all of you who sent me a Christmas Card. I shall call you to tell you thanks again.

Now if you will excuse me I shall go and find Sue and spank her for calling my boys weirdos XD

Paige :wave:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hmmm...how many should I order, Donna?

HUGS to all those who had a rough holiday season. Mine was peaceful and I'm thankful for those who made it special.

Those who had family problems, I didn't have any personally, although now I'm thinking that my brother and sister in law, who told me that their tree was held up by presents...didn't even think of me...lol! And they left with handfuls of presents from me and my youngest sister. lol! I know...I shouldn't be so shallow. It's better to give than to receive...I know, I know. And I have fun shopping, so I guess I'm the culprit.

Unfortunately my mother had a bout with my sister in Arizona and then had to call me to "let it out" and tell me that her Christmas was ruined by my sister. I wasn't ready for that. Geez!

It's not easy to celebrate the holidays with family. You'd think we'd all think the same, being brought up by the same people. Amazing, isn't it?

Amazingly, I had a wonderful dinner on Sunday with my cousins. They were kind enough to not only talk about their families, and we actually talked about things that I could join in...lol!

But I'm sooooo ready for the new year! Bring it on!

~alice

:music:

Greetings Gals! Just checking in to say......I'm so glad X-mas is over...for me anyway! I have to say :D "with much humility" that the meal I cooked "without my daughters help by the way" came out deeeeeelicious! So everyone was at least pretty happy about that. I'm counting on next year being better cause we will be settled in our own home and I will finally get to put up a tree with all the trimmings! God willing that is!

My treat of course is the same as most of you guys.....seeing PSILY and my hubby even went with me!

BTW....my sister Peggy called to tell me that she called to get Shattered and at first they told her that it was sold out. She said how could that be cause it just came out. The girl went and checked and just so happens ....had two copies left! Think she was trying to keep them for herself?! :kisswink: Anyway Peggy bought them both and she is sending one to me!!!! Now isn't she just the bestest sister one could have? I think so........... :claphands:

I haven't been able to post much here lately but really there hasn't been much going on anyway... Maybe after all the holidays are long gone but then we have to count down til April ....you know for Nims Island to come out. Although that's only a few months away................ :yippee:

Well I just wanted to ask you all to keep your fingers crossed that all goes well for the closing of our house on Friday! It's already been put off twice so I am hoping and praying it goes okay this time.

Warm and cuddly :hugs: to all my Galfriends and Palfriends too!

*Fran

I am so pissed!!!!!

I have been to see PSILY 3 times now.

None of the theaters had any posters

in the lobby...

Our local paper has no advertisement

for the movie...

How in the heck do they expect people to

come see this movie if they dont advertise

it????? :grrr2: :angry2:

They have it showing in the smallest stuck

in the corner theatre...

Yet every audience I watched it with seemed

to really enjoy it..

Ok I'll jump off my soapbox now. :tantrum:

Debbie

They have it showing in the smallest stuck

in the corner theatre...

Debbie

Ye sure you don't live in my neck of the woods, Debbie? Same thing here... *groan*

I haven't heard from Nancy either, Alice... anyone??

I'm sorry for those who had holiday troubles. That just sucks. Mousie and I had a good holiday with our family, missing only our little sister's family.

I'm not very wordy tonight, so I'll just say later!

~Mel

I heard from our sweet Nancy, Attila Girl. The first thing she asked me to do was to say hello to all her GALfriends and to let everyone know she is doing well. She still has no internet availability where she is living, but does hope to find another place in January. I miss her here, and really hope she gets back on line soon. She is working part time for a vet and still drives the limo too. However, she is hoping to make some changes soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Suzie