I heard the little previews and then the entire little

film was competely silent.

The little speaker icon thing was gray as if muted,

but I could not unmute it.

Tried several times.

I want to hear him! :angry:

*pout*

Woah, I just watched this for the first time! :o

The man can act his perfect royal rump offf! What a performance!!!! thanks for the linky!

Bethy, sorry you can't hear it! Are you using Real Player, that's what I used.

Edited by Stef_with_an_F

It moved me to tears, and it's only 15 minutes long. I'm so humbled, he is a special talent, that's all there is to it. That is the primary reason I'm drawn to him, all those beautiful films and performances. I hope I don't ever forget that. :gerik:

WOW!! What a performance. A tragic story but well done. I can see why it won all the awards. Gerry was magnificent. Why do so many of his characters get killed??

Thanks for posting the link and the suggestion to use Real Player! Windows Media didn't work for me either.

Carrie

Gerry was so brilliant and so young! I kept cringing ever time he took the gun out. Its such a tragic story. :tissues:

I recognized the wife as being the same girl from Shaun of the Dead, a very funny zombie movie.

Thanks for the link POTO!

OMG I can't see a damn thing!

I keep just getting the friggin commercials. I am about to implode!

Grrrr!

Ok....

probably a bit of a computer-idiot...but finally got it to work.

That is SO heartbreaking. Makes you want to just cry your eyes out. So sad, then so happy, then so sad again. Gerry truly makes you believe it, even when you're watching through crappy resolution and a tiny screen and crappy sound to boot.

Every time I think I have accepted the fact that he can get to my emotions like no other actor, I find myself surprised when he moves me AGAIN!

Bravo Ger! But next time, no guns! Yikes! (and if ya need someone to talk to you THAT badly, there are a bunch of us GALS Tarts who would oblige!)

Hm.

I'll download real player and try to watch it when I get home from work

today. *crosses fingers*

Awww he was so so good in this. I watched it a couple of times when I first found it. :p I love when he's yelling, "I'm a writer!!!" It's a must-see. It's so sad...

I'll download real player and try to watch it when I get home from work

today. *crosses fingers*

I'll cross my fingers for you too *crosses fingers* I hope it works :D

Sass

Edited by Sassy86

:o

Amazing.

There were some lines that I had to write down.

The scene when he was in the woman's office and she was

talking about his writing. There were some words that she

said to him, that made me think of me..

It's something that I would say to Gerard HIMSELF..

"You made me laugh - you made me cry.

You created a world of such beauty, such magnificence

that I felt that Ibelonged elsewhere in that world"

Then of course before that when he was talking to his wife..

What she said to him...

"I met this gorgeous beautiful man,

and he had more expression, more romance, and

more passion than any of the others combined"

*passes out*

I would save myself sooo much time and hairpulling if I just learned to read all the posts first. :blonde: Mediaplayer didn't work for me either. But realtime saved me from complete breakdown. Which I then had watching this short... That man amazes me,I got completely sucked in, and ... well you know. :cry:

Would be nice if he lived once in awhile though, he dies toooo often.

(maybe we should start the save Gerry society while we're at it)

:gerryholic:

:fall:

Would be nice if he lived once in awhile though, he dies toooo often.

(maybe we should start the save Gerry society while we're at it)

Now that's an idea! Although he's does wonderful acting when facing the death sentence - in almost EVERY movie he's in (well, that I've seen so far); he's too damn hot to kill all the time! lol movies need to start preserving the beautiful Butler body instead of shooting him, burning him alive, poisoning him before taking advantage of the BIG ONE, etc.

SAVE GERRY!

Edited by Stef_with_an_F

Gerry gives a powerful performance!

Does anyone know when this film was made?

Gerry gives a powerful performance!

Does anyone know when this film was made?

I was finally able to watch the film today. I agree with you Zany, Gerry gives a fantastic performance, as always.

I think the film was made around 1999. At least it was shown at film festivals in 1999.

Wow this was an amazing film. Gerry did a wonderful job. He's one gifted man.. in more ways then one. :cheeky:

I watched this a while ago. I sat here with my heart in my mouth the entire time! It is totally amazing.

SARAH YOUR AVATER IS SO FREAKING FUNNY!

i just saw the short film and I was crying at the end. It was so sad, he was finally happu again and then he dies. Why does he dies in all the movies I have seen (TR2 , POTO(he dies on the inside) and now Please)

I hope he doesn't die in his new movie 300. Or I start a petition for him to choose a script where he doens't die.

In another site I found Please! to download. It worked for me, but some friends of mine said they couldn't watch it...

I'm posting it here if you want to try and download it.

If this wasn't supposed to be posted, please feel free to delete it.

Please! to download

i just saw the short film and I was crying at the end. It was so sad, he was finally happu again and then he dies. Why does he dies in all the movies I have seen (TR2 , POTO(he dies on the inside) and now Please)

I hope he doesn't die in his new movie 300. Or I start a petition for him to choose a script where he doens't die.

When the So.Cal. Tarts watched Please! at our gathering last month we decided that MAYBE he doesn't die - he is gravely injured but they might have gotten to him in time to save him (although I'm sure that's not what the director wants you to think).

Sorry to tell you but the King dies heroically and horrifically from what I understand (all the 300 die) - they were fighting a force thousands of times bigger than them - they just held them off long enough for Greece to rally a force to keep Persia from overtaking their country (from what I've read). You just have to remember it's only a movie, no real Gerry is harmed in the making of it (or so we fervently hope!)

Sporran,

I know the real Gerry doesn't die but his character just keeps getting killed. Can his character for once stay alive?

Warning: Spoilers!

Finally got to see it two days ago, Gerry and the film, are brilliant. The saddest and most excellent fifteen minutes of film I've ever witnessed. You couldn't tare your eyes from the screen if you tried!! I cried through the whole thing... it's just so flippin sad! And omg I was on the edge of my seat when the girl had the gun... I almost screamed. Why do almost all of his characters die?! :hissy: Libbey was trying to convince me that maybe it was a career choice (which i still think is just odd... why would you want to die??) I just think he's bloody amazing at it and so casting directors always cast him as the dead man walking. :blink:

Anyway... is it a crime to think a suicidal novelist is gorgeous? If so I'm guilty as charged. That girl is gonna be tramatized for life, poor thing *shakes head* she's gonna need so much counciling. :cry:

-Woodstock