Gerard Butler GALS

Shattered DVD

I just got 'Shattered' on DVD today from Amazon. Awesome Christmas gift. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten it. Also it doesn't seem to want to play in our DVD player. Everytime I try to hit play it shuts off the DVD player. When trying to play it on the computer no sound plays. Is anyone else having trouble? Other DVD's have played just fine. Or is just our DVD player?

Edited by Eliza1013

Yes, there are bonus features they are:

-Breaking Apart the Wheel (featurette).

-Hero To Villian (featurette)

-Feature Commentary with Director and Writer.

-Deleted and Alternate Scenes.

Hope this helps. I did finally get it to work with the computer, but not the DVD player yet.

I do too. It might be the DVD Player cause it also did this with 'Pirates 3'. But it works for everything else. Electronics do this to me alot.

Yes, I got my DVD today and it works fine. Have watched it twice...love this movie! Gerry is just great in it and I thought Pierce was great too. Gerry looks fantastic and is in practically every scene so I sure was glued to the TV. Wish we could have seen it in theaters. The scene where Gerry gets his back lash injury just makes my teeth hurt afterwaards. What a pro he is to go through that and not even miss a word....Have to go watch it again......

Six brand new copies of "Shattered" at my local video store today!!

I'm watching with the feature commentary "on" - Barker and Morrissey are hilarious, and notice the comments they make about the title right at the beginning (this is something they sarcastically joked about at the Q&A after the Oct.1 screening at the Vancouver Int'l. Film Festival). Also, the first special feature "Breaking Apart the Wheel" is very good - tells about how the film was set/shot and will give you a new perspective and appreciation for the film.

I hunted my copy down today. Ofcourse, no place normal like Wal Mart or Target had it. Had to go to Best Buy and they only had three copies. It wasn't even on the new release list for the 24th. My sister and her family are in for Christmas so I'm gonna MAKE them watch it. :D

Got my copy of Shattered today! Woo-hoo! The extras are really good. I loved the insight into what all those involved with the film thought about the movie in the interview, etc. So glad I bought this one. Now I just need to watch it with the commentary and see what will be said during that.

And the deleted scene with the bracelet... :heat: I swear those kisses he gives I can feel the heat through the screen.

Finally should be able to watch 'Shattered'. We got a new DVD player and it works! So now I need to watch these deleted scenes, already watched the special features.

Edited by Eliza1013

I called a store named FYE (For Your Entertainment) to see if they had the movie Shattered today and the girl said they were sold out.Then she checked the computer and said there were 2 copies left.I sent my son up to get them and when he got there they couldn't find them.After searching around the store awhile they finally found them and I bought both copies.One for myself and one for my sister, Fran.I can't believe how fast they sold out.Well I can in a way but in such a small town it's unusual.Needless to say that's how I spent my afternoon watching the movie and all the special features.

:hugs: Peggy

Gaahhh!! I am soooo annoyed with the stores in my area!! :tantrum: My local Circuit City, BestBuy, and Fry's did NOT have it in-store!! And Fry's didn't even have it on their computer! :tantrum::tantrum: I was bummed that this dvd movie did not appear in the newspaper ads under the New Releases for Tuesday/Wednesday.

*sighs* I might have to resort to getting this on Amazon...But I'll look at a different BestBuy tomorrow night, and perhaps check the Virgin Megastore during my lunch break.

Hooray! I purchased this ELUSIVE dvd at Suncoast Motion Picture Company today!! I reckon I'll be watching it sometime during the day of January 1, 2008! :dance: Ooooh, Gerry & Pierce in the same movie, with some scenes together! MERCY!!!! :bonk::heat:

I called a store named FYE (For Your Entertainment) to see if they had the movie Shattered today and the girl said they were sold out.Then she checked the computer and said there were 2 copies left.I sent my son up to get them and when he got there they couldn't find them.After searching around the store awhile they finally found them and I bought both copies.One for myself and one for my sister, Fran.I can't believe how fast they sold out.Well I can in a way but in such a small town it's unusual.Needless to say that's how I spent my afternoon watching the movie and all the special features.

:hugs: Peggy

Peggy I had the same problem you did.

I went to my local Circuit City on Dec. 26th and tried to find it (this was after seeing it on thieir website for $16.99).

They had a very helpful staff who looked on the computer for me and said they had four copies which we couldn't find on the floor, so the young man who was helping me said he would look in the back and while he was gone I scoured the "S" section one more time and found one copy tucked behind all of the "Superman's".

I swear someone was trying to hide it. :whome2:

I got my copy of "Shattered" from Amazon. Watched it and the special features. Sorry, guys, but I still hate this movie. I guess it was the "mom" coming out in me, but I hated that Gerry's character was in such pain. Regardless of the fact that he caused so much pain, he didn't deserve the terror he was put through, especially the "threat" to his little girl! I have a thing about injustice! I loved the bracelet scene, though, and felt it should have been in the movie!

OK, that's my 2 cent's worth! :intheshade: You can shoot arrows at me, but no rotten fruit please cos I just washed my hair!

Suzie

I got mine on Friday & watched it on the weekend mine came from Amazon.Ca

I can;t beleive I am saying this but this movie did not do much for me I am a little disappointed with this one

however I can say I thought Gerard was great as ususal.. I just was not feeling the chemistry with him & the other two actors

but I will always watch ANY movie that has him in it

cheers

I like the movie and am glad that the bloggers are starting to view this picture as a possible sleeper that might just generate quite a buzz with people that had never heard of the Movie Butterfly On A Wheel or Shattered.... It has also brought Gerry to their attention for the phenomenal range of emotion and acting he gave to this role.

Six brand new copies of "Shattered" at my local video store today!!

I'm watching with the feature commentary "on" - Barker and Morrissey are hilarious, and notice the comments they make about the title right at the beginning (this is something they sarcastically joked about at the Q&A after the Oct.1 screening at the Vancouver Int'l. Film Festival). Also, the first special feature "Breaking Apart the Wheel" is very good - tells about how the film was set/shot and will give you a new perspective and appreciation for the film.

I watched with the commentary on as well. I have to say I got a little miffed when they were talking about the car crash scene and seemed to imply that Pierce was more of a man than Gerry because he got right out of the car like it was no big deal and Gerry required some medical attention. I got over it as the movie went on until they started talking about Gerry's fans: "Gerry has a following better known as Butler's Babes who stretch the definition of babe to breaking point. They're a collection of middle aged...oh no better not say that, they're going to be buying the f#@#ing DVD - cut all that..."

Somebody please tell me I'm just being a litte too sensitive, but those remarks kind of hurt, especially with the tone of voice with which they were said. And while, I admit, if it had been cute comments about the fans I would not have reacted so strongly, comments about fans really didn't have anything to do with the scene that was going on while they were talking or the movie itself.

Sara

Guest DonnaKat

Hmmmm...why would anyone feel the need to even bring up fans during a commentary? I thought the whole point of a commentary is to comment on the making of the movie.

Then again, what do I know...I'm just a miggle aged old hag.

After hearing that, I'm not even sure I want to buy the DVD now.

I got my DVD from Amazon. My husband, daughter, and I watched it last night. I'm one of the apparent minority who actually like this movie. I enjoyed it much more without the interruptions for commercials! My husband and daughter, both of whom who are very picky about movies, and tend to be highly critical of them, enjoyed the movie too. They had not watched it when it was on tv. They enjoyed the story and both said the acting was great. My daughter is the entertainment editor of her college newspaper and she writes a "What to Rent Column" as well as reviewing current theatrical releases. She said if she puts Shattered in her movie rental column it will have a good review. Both my husband and daughter expressed surprise that it wasn't in wide release. We didn't watch the special features. I'll watch those later this week.