Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
StarDust767

Golden Globes

The way things are going with this strike I'm glad he is not nominated as it must be awful for all the nominees and many are first timers who have probably lost their time to shine in the spotlight. Alot might never get nominated again but I can appreciate them not wanting to cross a picket line. I have a bleacher package with the Beverly Hilton and got a call today saying they are offering a one time only refund to be decided by Monday as they cannot guarantee anybody of significance showing. They added whilst the studios are still going full steam ahead with their parties at the Hilton there is a chance people will bypass the red carpet. Whilst we still see alot of the comings and goings of the parties I guess the hotel think the major part of our package is the red carpet and feel obliged to offer this.

To me it seems a little 2 faced of the celebs that they may forego the ceremony but show up to party - seems hypocritical to me. Warner Bros always flings a big party in the hotel with InStyle and gerry has tuned up for the last 2-3 years and part of me would kick myself because if I saw him it would make up for everybody else not being there. I know I am sounding so sad and pathetic and I'm not obsessed really!!!!!

Now Susan what would you do in this situation considering you may have been with me.

I probably would have taken my chances that the celebs would still be partying at the hotel. Besides for those who are "regulars" at these events it would have been fun to just be together again. But those packages are expensive so I can see why some might take the refund.

THERE ARE MANY TIMES ONE CANT WIN FOR LOSING !!!

IN SOME INSTANCES NO MATTER HOW HARD ONE TRIES

ONE CANNOT SEEM TO GET IN WITH THE HOLLYWOOD " IN " CROWD !!!

IMHO - " 300 " AND G.B. JUST STUNNED AND BLEW HOLLYWOOD AWAY !!!

HIS TRUE " FANS " KNOW HE HAS EXACTLY " WHAT IT TAKES "

AND FOR ALL OTHERS I SALUTE YOU !!! ( LOVE THE ATTITUDE-SO ENDURING )

Posted Image

DLSPBS - PAT

Edited by DLSPBS

Hi Susan

Alot of us have decided to just go and hope for the best. Mirimax, Fox, HBO and WB/Instyle still having parties but not Paramount, Showtime or New Line. I saw on www.theenvelope.com that NBC is pretty adamant the show will be broadcast as HFPA and Dick Clark Productions legal bound to give them a show. The HFPA would now prefer a private affair to ensure big celeb turnout.

My question is why don't they just film it and televise it when strike over. Or is that defeating the whole purpose. That would at least be a compromise. I know most of the fun is not knowing the winners in advance but most just watch for the glitz and glamour.

It came down to how would I feel if I knew I could have been there and Gerry came to party. I knew I'd feel worse than if I actually went and he nor anybody of any significance stayed away. For all we know studios may have alot of pull in ensuring at least names who are not nominated but have significance come to party. Alot of people who are not nominated don't even go down the red carpet but come in the back way so in "their reality" would not be crossing a picket line.

Edited by framolamdu

This is getting better by the minute. SAG have released a statement to say no member of the Guild will attend the Globes be it nominee or presenter. On the Daily Rag on envelope.com they say how can NBC procede with the telecast now since nobody will show up to attend the ceremony, walk the red carpet or attend the parties.

This is one sham of a mess. Maybe I wont attend afterall and get my 4k back as I somehow think celebs will stay away from the parties now. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is mentioned soon by NBC or HFPA that all parties are cancelled too.

Wasn't there a year that they telecast the Emmys and nobody came except one minor actor. It was still televised but there was no reason for anyone to watch. I can't remember who was on strike that year, might have been the actors themselves. I think if I had $4,000 on the line and it looked like nothing was going to happen I'd probably opt out and take the money.

Wasn't there a year that they telecast the Emmys and nobody came except one minor actor. It was still televised but there was no reason for anyone to watch. I can't remember who was on strike that year, might have been the actors themselves. I think if I had $4,000 on the line and it looked like nothing was going to happen I'd probably opt out and take the money.

Hi Susan

I'm in Orlando at the moment. The Hilton voluntarily refunded everyone last Tuesday but gave special room rates to those who still wanted to come to LA so as I had already paid out for fares etc and my friend from London decided she fancied a weekend away so got a cheap flight and met me in LA and we had a great time that weekend and saw alot of stuff I haven't seen before like the Grove and Rodeo drive. We had dinner at The Ivy which was mm mm. We saw the alternative Globes take place and got a few keep sakes from the HFPA.

Moira

This is all so distressing. I love the award shows and wait for them every year. Just to see all the beautiful clothes and all the stars. What a shame. I hope this strike is settled soon.

A disappointed Midnight :tantrum:

Hugs, M

I love award season, too! Especially the Oscars but I couldn't tell you anything about any of it this year because of the strike. I've just lost interest I guess. Now I'm looking forward to the film festivals.