Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Hi GALS, just a quick hi from work. Actually had some time to check out New Year Gerry Photo's. I think the man needs some sleep LOL!.

Swannie, is that true, you won't be in Vegas. Man....that's not good, won't be the same without you. Hope your health improves and you change your mind.

To all other GALS, Hi and keep well for this wonderful 2008.

Cat

Yes it's true, Cat. My hubby will be out of work for some time, so we are taking quite a financial hit. It's only temporary, until he can get back to work... but it's going to impact our finances for the next several months. At this point, were are not even sure he CAN go back to work.

I took 4 of my girlfriends to see PS I Love You tonight, and Oh my gosh! It was so much fun to see their reaction. All four LOVED it! What was really funny, is that my very conservative friend Jochannah, went NUTS over Gerry. She's never seen him in anything, and she was just gushing up a storm. Then all of a sudden, she remembered that I had actually met him, and she was just going on and on about how handsome and and charming he is... a REAL man, just like the stars of her day. She is in her late 60's.

Now those friends are gonna tell more friends to go see it.

There weren't very many people at this showing, but they all loved it, and several stayed through all the credits, and I could hear them discussing Gerard Butler. The movie may not be a blockbuster, but I predict that Gerry is going to be signed to a PRIME role as a result of this film!

I just gotta say it:......... I LOVE HIM!

Swannie

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DonnaKat

Guess who didn't go into work today.... :wave:

I called in sick. Technically I wasn't lying...I didn't get much sleep, and my stomach was upset this morning. Every time I get as upset as I was yesterday and last night, it takes my body about three days to recover. So, I decided to take an extra day off. If they're not going to pay me...I'm not going to work. It's as simple as that.

I put in about 25 resumes on line this morning...here's to hoping at least one of them calls me for an interview.

Oh my, but it's a beautiful day outside. Perfect day for shopping or catching a movie. Maybe I'll just lounge around the house all day in my pj's. Or I can phone a friend....or take a hot bath...the possibilities.

Yes, I know it isn't polite to brag about a day off. But I'm playing hookey...so there. :funnyface:

Donna, I totally don't blame you at all!! I should have called out, because technically I really am sick, I don't even want to smoke..and believe me, that means I'm sick.

I'm working on 4 hours sleep...an my flannel pjs and bed are calling me..even here in work, I swear, who taught PJ's to dial a phone?? ;)

And don't worry about bragging, it's not bragging, I realized that I took 5 weeks off last year..and I get to carry over 3 still..so that means I get 8 this year, believe me, this year, I'm using almost all of them..they see to all the time, especially the co-worker that comes in at 10 and leaves at 4:30 and then complains about how much work they have to do and then pawns it off on me.

I'm working on 4 hours sleep...an my flannel pjs and bed are calling me..even here in work, I swear, who taught PJ's to dial a phone?? ;)

LOL Moonie!! :rotflmao: I'm very sorry you're not feeling well...

Posted Image

I'm always playing hookey lately... well, meaning I'm once again in between jobs. Geh. There are two particular places I applied at that I'm really excited about, and I'm really hoping I get an interview soon!

~Mel

I don't know what the fuss is, Paige. I don't drink so you ain't drinking nor gambling... :lol:

We'll just sit back and watch Lisa and Donna do their thang... :lol:

Unfortunately, Paige, we can't let you do anything your mother wouldn't let you do, being that you are a minor. There are a ton of other things that we can do in Vegas that has nothing to do with gambling or drinking.

POTO, amusement rides, eating, shopping, lounging, other shows, movies, tours, swimming, tanning...

Anyways...I'm not hitting Vegas until June for GALS convention.

~alice

:music:

Is Paige going to Vegas? Man, this blows that I cant go. Maybe I'll show up with a one week old.

*pssst* no, not really, Jenniper... we were talking about a spontaneous roadtrip that many would like to take right now. Paige be too young for Vegas... the age is 21...

And your "knocked-up" comment, lol!! I have a friend where he and his wife had adopted two kids, because they weren't able to have any of their own. Well, less than a year after they adopted their second kid, they find out that she's pregnant! One friend of mine said, "Oh my gosh, did he get her pregnant??" as if they weren't married or something, lol... it was quite amusing. :D

~Mel

I could'nt get pregnant for the life of me, after I said I am not trying whatever happens happens..BAM I was pregnant with my son. Then two years later my daughter and now ??? I have a friend at work who just had a baby about for months ago after trying and trying, well guess what now shes pregnant again. It always seems to happen that way. I still blame Gerry for making me ovulate. :whome2:

Thanks, Paige! Ah, no need to apologize for the obsession with men. If I didn't have the same fixation I wouldn't be here! :tasty:

Oh and welcome to the SC Phantom's Muse..We are glad to have you here. Just excuse my obsession with men (Finnish and my new bf and Gerry of course XD)

Paige :wave:

Donna, I totally applaud what you did and understand it all too well. It sounds as though you needed a mental health day, as I tend to refer to it, anyway! I've also been posting my resume all over the Net, scanning the newspaper classifieds and alerting my temp agencies that I need work. I had a great (or so I thought) interview yesterday for an ideal job...the owner wanted to talk about salary with his wife, the co-owner...he said that he'd call me later...and he didn't. Hence I called him this morning and NOW they're "still looking at other candidates and won't make a decision until next week." WTF??? He was enthused as hell about me but something has changed his mind. Maybe it was his wife, maybe it was -- heck, I don't know. But I hope that we BOTH find the jobs that we need *and* enjoy!

Guess who didn't go into work today.... :wave:

I called in sick. Technically I wasn't lying...I didn't get much sleep, and my stomach was upset this morning. Every time I get as upset as I was yesterday and last night, it takes my body about three days to recover. So, I decided to take an extra day off. If they're not going to pay me...I'm not going to work. It's as simple as that.

I put in about 25 resumes on line this morning...here's to hoping at least one of them calls me for an interview.

Oh my, but it's a beautiful day outside. Perfect day for shopping or catching a movie. Maybe I'll just lounge around the house all day in my pj's. Or I can phone a friend....or take a hot bath...the possibilities.

Yes, I know it isn't polite to brag about a day off. But I'm playing hookey...so there. :funnyface:

Guest DonnaKat

I had a great (or so I thought) interview yesterday for an ideal job...the owner wanted to talk about salary with his wife, the co-owner...he said that he'd call me later...and he didn't. Hence I called him this morning and NOW they're "still looking at other candidates and won't make a decision until next week." WTF??? He was enthused as hell about me but something has changed his mind. Maybe it was his wife, maybe it was -- heck, I don't know.

It sounds to me like his wife has a certain couple parts of his anatomy in her purse...if you know what I mean. ;)

Yeah, mental health day...I like that. There was no way I was in any mental state to face that place this morning. And to top it off, the 'favored' co-worker sends me an email this morning. "Are you okay? Can I call you?" Like she doesn't know WTF is going on. I'm really not in the mood to talk to any of those backstabbing leeches.

Edited by DonnaKat

LOL!!! Yes, I agree. Susan is extremely...errmm...forthright and demanding. Lou might have woken up abruptly this morning when she transformed into Lorena Bobbitt and confiscated those anatomical parts! SHEESH!

Oh, don't you LOVE those favored coworkers who call you with a sympathetic tone so that you'll spill your guts to them and then they can broadcast it all over the office??? NOT!!!

(Fookin' schmucks!!!)

Nah, don't call her back or talk to anyone at that place today. Reserve this day for yourself...pamper yourself as much as possible. Take care of yourself and let them stew in their own juices. Sounds like they deserve it!

It sounds to me like his wife has a certain couple parts of his anatomy in her purse...if you know what I mean. ;)

Yeah, mental health day...I like that. There was no way I was in any mental state to face that place this morning. And to top it off, the 'favored' co-worker sends me an email this morning. "Are you okay? Can I call you?" Like she doesn't know WTF is going on. I'm really not in the mood to talk to any of those backstabbing leeches.

LOL Moonie!! :rotflmao: I'm very sorry you're not feeling well...

Posted Image

I'm always playing hookey lately... well, meaning I'm once again in between jobs. Geh. There are two particular places I applied at that I'm really excited about, and I'm really hoping I get an interview soon!

~Mel

Mel..forget about those PJ'S I'll use HIM TO KEEP ME WARM..and then HOT and the cooling down and then HOT AGAIN. ;)

You are a STAR, those places would be foolish not only to give you an interview!! I hope you get the job you want, believe me, they will be very lucky to have you on board!!

Thanks, sweetie. Feel free to call me Christine as well (ironically enough, it was indeed POTO that altered my life and opened my world to "all things Gerry, bright and beautiful"). Yep, I certainly LOVE to watch that movie just so I can hear G as The Phantom/Erik whisper or shout my name over and over again...*THUD*

You are welcome Phantom's Muse!! I like your username its awesome!!

I know how you feel Christine XD....I would die if someone well known like Gerry called me or tried to call me by my name XD.. :D

Maybe I should post this under rumors but I don't want to start a thread with only a couple of responses and it sounds corny actually. Did anyone read their google alerts? Gerry and Madonna in I Dream of Jeannie? What a freakin' HOOT! The only good thing, well, 2 good things, Gerry would be in it and Madonna wouldn't talk! :lol: Sorry!

Yes, POTO is bad enough...but if I met Gerry and he called me by name, I think I would probably look like this: :tasty: :heat::pant:

LOL! Paige, I'm sure you would agree!

I know that a handful of GALS have met the man, and he is a jewel. Bethy, I don't know if you're reading this post but I ALWAYS think of how he called you on Christmas Day two years ago. I've told several people about that wonderful, kind-hearted gesture...and it compelled them to fall in love with Mr. Butler immediately! I mean, how many celebrities would do that? Not many. I think he once described himself as a "bad boy with a heart of gold." All I see is the heart of gold, quite honestly!

I know how you feel Christine XD....I would die if someone well known like Gerry called me or tried to call me by my name XD.. :D

I just fell completely speechless. That's a tough thing to do with me...

Moonie, you are SUCH a gem! :hug99:

~Mel

DAMN STRAIGHT! LOL!

And when someone said earlier that Gerry makes her ovulate, I laughed my patootie off! "For God's sake! How could I be ovulating for the third time this month? Was it because I watched PSILY three times?" (Believe it or not, this odd phenomenon happened to me. And it wasn't enjoyable without a man around!)

GERRY, WE OVULATING GALS NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE...*slapping myself silly*

I will definately agree with you...I would do this... :heat: ..then this... :bonk: then this... :pant: XD

Guest greyeyegoddess

:wave:

Just dropping by, early at work...

This coming in an hour early is really killing me. I've been here an hour and I'm ready to fall asleep. Doesn't help that supposedly we are having the storm of the year. Yeah, it's windy like crazy, raining like mad, but when I think of other places with snowstorms, I laugh to myself.

Don't forget to vote for Gerry! And GALS!!

Thank goodness it's Friday. Hey Donna! More time off! Good for you! I thought about not coming in with the weather. I'm such a chicken when it comes to rain, but I got into my first and last accident on the first day of rain...and have had too many close calls. It just scares me to death. Thank goodness I don't commute to work.

~alice

:music:

It was 10 degrees this morning and a balmy 12 now..I'm such a wuss I'm not going out for lunch.

MEL, IT'S THE TRUTH!! You are a star and you deserve to shine!!!

Its freaking cold in my house like 20 something it feels like but thankfully i have warm clothes on but I wish I had my bf's clothing it would keep me warmer then my own clothes..but wait...nevermind I have a new leather jacket XD...such randomness going on here!