Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

1/2 - Butler Loves Karaoke

from: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...karaoke_1055052

Scottish hunk GERARD BUTLER has a secret past time passion - for karaoke. The 300 star is a massive fan of the amateur entertainment, although others may not feel the same way about his singing. He says, "I love karaoke and I'm very good at the cheesy songs, like New York, New York, or My Way. "I can see people when I do it going, 'Oh no, he's not doing My Way again!' with their head in their hands. But I love it."

03/01/2008 01:47

You go Gerry!!!! :claphands: I love it, it's a great time!!! I can't sing to save my life, but I give it my all...oh the stories i could tell, I got up in a bar in NYC and sang karaoke, and by the end of the song they were all singing with me, it was like a movie (thankfully my friends were there with me as witnesses) I swear I think that means I can do ANYTHING.

I tried singing Karaoke once and it was a baaaad experiance. I definetaly love hearing him sing though!

Guest greyeyegoddess

See my GALS' name? C'mon Gerry, let's have cheesy karaoke sing off.

~alice

:music:

Oh I`ll be the first to admit that I am a karaoke-holic lol.I LOVE karaoke! I can sing, so that helps a little I guess....but thats not really the point when it comes to karaoke :D

but Gerry hun, you can sing "My Way" for me as many times as you like. I love the Sex Pistols. So you go with your bad-self! Im in absolute heaven when you sing.

I wow...I want to see footage!!!!

Gerry if you were here you would not be singing those songs XD.

Thanks for sharing this!

Paige :wave:

Okay....Gerry ...Every Saturday night....9PM ....Wheelers Sports Bar & Grill...North Carolina.... You can sing your heart out and do it your way all night long!!! Um....did that sound gutterish again? :cunning: Believe me I didn't mean it to! I'm such a liar...

:claphands: Fran

Yeah baby! LOVE to karaoke myself!

Though when I go karaoking, it can get a little intimidating, because I'm usually going with my musical theatre friends... their voices blow mine away! But it's still a blast, and the weirdest part about it, no one is drunk... we act like that on our own accord! :rotflmao: Well, Ger doesn't drink either, so that totally works for me! :D

**note** McArthur Park is about the WORST song for karaoke... :bonk:

~Mel

Awww, man!! C'mon, Gerry, you know how to play guitar now (uhhh, sort of)! Forget that karaoke business, get up on stage & play & sing FOR REAL!!! Someone hand him a Fender Stratocaster (or whatever your preferred axe of choice is) and have him at least do "Smoke On The Water"! :claphands:

I wonder how he'd fare at "Guitar Hero"? Hmmmmm....

Guest DonnaKat

I think Gerry might have changed his mind about karaoke had he heard what I heard in Toronto last summer during the Polaris convention:

Klingon karaoke.

That's right - Klingon karaoke. It was bad. Very, very, very, very bad. So very bad, I was almost on the floor laughing uncontrollably bad.

Did they sing in Klingon too? I've seen the cons on TV where they were saying they have a whole Klingon dictonary and such.

But then again, seeing someone dress as a Klingon sing "My Way" I would have dropped right there.

Karaoke fits Gerry. He is a big ham & has a great rock voice. I would love to hear him sing!

Guest DonnaKat

Did they sing in Klingon too? I've seen the cons on TV where they were saying they have a whole Klingon dictonary and such.

I seem to recall them singing in Klingon. :D Did you know they've even translated the Bible to Klingon?

Ahhhh...sing to MEEEEEEEE, Gerry! How I'd love to see some video footage of his karaoke-ing! :heat:

I purchased a Karaoke Player/DVD System for my hubby for Christmas this year. We're both enjoying it. Until recently, neither one of us would get up there and sing, but now it's something we love! I can't sing, but I do love to try!

I loved watching Gerry in the Karaoke scene in PSILY! It was one of the best parts in the film! :heat:

Hugs,

~ Donna Lee

I agree with that!!!

Paige :wave:

I majorly embarassed myself attempting to karaoke "I Will Survive" at my company holiday party a few years back (thankfully a lot of years and parties have gone by since then). I love to do group karaoke where it isn't just my pitiful voice up there, which I did in Glasgow in 2006 at Shanghai Shuffle (a karaoke place Gerry has been known to visit when he's "back home"). I'd love to see him karaoke, he can sing cheesey songs, rock and roll and anything he wants if I could just be there to observe (and enjoy). I love his singing in PSILY!

"Others may not feel the same way about his singing"!?!

This Phantom and sing to me anytime!!! :bow: :erikicon:

But trust and believe I don't dare try this myself! LOL!!

Awww - I'd so love to see this!!! I adored him singing in PSILY!!! And he really did look like he was having fun during the Karaoke scene - in character or not. The best for me was him singing on the couch, no shirt, with the guitar - :thud:. I could listen to him sing forever.

Me, on the other hand, no way, no how. I don't even think I'd do it for Gerry - well, maybe. I was verra drunk in a karaoke bar over the summer and even then I didn't do it. I'm way too self-conscious about the suckiness of my voice.

However, ooh, and this is a BIG ADMIT - I've fantasized about Gerry singing karaoke to one of my favorite Creed songs, "Higher", even before I read this. LOL So now I know - my fantasies about Gerry are spot on! hahaha :claphands:

Lisa

"Others may not feel the same way about his singing"!?!

This Phantom and sing to me anytime!!! :bow: :erikicon:

Actually, when I read this earlier today, I was wondering how many people in the audience, once he's done with 'My Way' or whatever, then squeal, "NOW DO PHANTOM...!"

Would love to see Gerry karaoke as well...

I loved that karaoke scene from PSILY!

:lol: He was having way too much fun... now I see why. :whome2:

Erik's Ebony Eyes :erikrose:

How cool....maybe one of these days we can do karoke together!!!!! I just keep finding out cool things about Gerard and just like him even more. :dance: