Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Christine, I'm excited for finally getting to go see Bobby.My hsbands name is Bob and my sisters hubby id also Bob, Bob's are really nice guys. :laugh: All kidding aside I really wish you good luck and hope your trip turns out to be all you want it to be.

Talked to Fran today, shes getting connected to the internet on the 16th.

Latest update on Ron.He came home today.They redone the sonagram this morning and it was for his Gall Blatter, they were looking to see if he had stones but there were none.The doc says there's a bug going around that causes stomach pain and vomiting etc. and he thinks thats what caused the vomiting and pain.Ron has to take magnesium as his levels are very low.For some reason his body isn't producing enough and his protien is too high.His blood pressure was very high so they have him on meds for that too.Now the doctor wants to insert an insulin pump.So I guess thats the next step.Ron said if it'll make his life a little easier he'll go for it.So I want to say again

Posted Image for all your prayers and support.

Posted Image Peggy

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peggy, it's TRUE! I know many Roberts, including my dearest nephew, and they ARE really nice guys. Whether it's Bob, Bobby, Rob, Robbie or Robert, the name is a dang good one with me and my family. Thanks for the support as well. I appreciate it immensely!

Christine, I'm excited for finally getting to go see Bobby.My husbands name is Bob and my sisters hubby is also Bob, Bob's are really nice guys. :laugh: All kidding aside I really wish you good luck and hope your trip turns out to be all you want it to be.

We have a friend who had an insulin pump put in a few years ago and he swears by it - thinks it is the best thing! I also have 2 co-workers who have been off work this past week because of some nasty stomach virus that is going around. My office has been like a sick ward with sinus infections, bronchitis, stomach viruses!! I asked if we couldn't get an airborn antibiotic to spray around the place! I'm glad that Ron is back home and improving. Also great to hear that Fran will be back on line soon - please tell her how much we miss her!

Thanks, Suzie! Come to think of it, my own brother's middle name is Robert. And my first "love" was Robert Plant...for over 20 years, I adored him and still think he's fantabulous. In fact, I wanted to marry that guy if memory serves me correctly. :heat:

Christine, I have an adorable brother named Robert, so the name gets my stamp of approval too!!

Suzie

Hey, the teenagers aren't getting ALL the action... Some of us older folks are doing just fine, thanks!!!

:lol:

Hey, that doesn't count, because you're still YOUNGER THAN ME!! :bleh2:

*ahem*

Oh yay!! This emoticon is back!! :wub: love love LOVE that one...

Wow Donna... wow. SUCH an exciting day... I can't take that either... my life is about that wild and crazy as well! ;)

~Mel

Tell me about it, Mel! I was so disgusted. I mean, how's THAT for a memory of one's first soul kiss? And don't fret about hickies. Personally, I always thought that they were rather...well, gross!

Oh, believe me, I'm not fretting... I'm not looking to get one! :laugh: But SOME action would be nice...

Hello Gals,

I miss GALS.

I think you ladies will like this, I met a Gerry's convert earlier this week. A woman from another dept at my office walked by my cubbie and did a double take, she saw all the Gerry's picts that my friends decorated my cubbie with for my birthday and she stopped by let me know that she "met" Gerry. Apparently she saw "PS I love You" and went home and googled him and has been visiting different fan sites to read more about Gerry. She started talking about him and sounds so much like she's caught GALS. She said the close-up of his eyes :wub: in PSILY was what did it.

Well, it's late and I have to work early tomorrow, so better get my butt home and in bed.

See ya :wave:

I wore my "Everyone's an actor..." shirt to work yesterday, and I think one of my attorneys thought it was fun. He rolled up his eyes when he read it, because I rave about Gerry to him! He really liked "300", too.

My minor gripe of the evening is that I recently learned that my Oakland A's baseball team traded YET another fan favorite away--this time they x-nayed Mark Kotsay!! By the time opening day starts, are they gonna have anyone familiar left?? I wonder if the FanFest turn-out will be low this time around? *big sigh*

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

DK, you did a HOMEMADE chicken pot pie! I thought they only came in a box! You domestic goddess, you! :bow: :bow:

I do make the world's best peanut butter fudge from scatch. Other than that, if it ain't frozen or in a box, I ain't interested! I cooked for my family for 45 years - I'M DONE!

The highlight of my day was running the car through a carwash and hitting the grocery store. That's about as domestic as I get!

You youngin's getting hickies at such a tender age better be careful! I got married to a looser at 18 because he kissed great and had a cool car! (At 18 I had zero gray matter, I only thought with my hormones!) Two years later, I was reading my marriage license looking for an escape clause, with no higher education, no job skills and holding a small baby in my lap! It took me fifteen years of misery AND STRUGGLE to get out of that one! Fortunately, by the time I dumped number 1 and met my second husband, Prince Charming (really!) I was finally an adult with a college degree, a career in banking and a teenaged son! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG!!! For heaven's sake, think with your brain - the one under your hat!!

**Suzie steps off the soap box and returns to putting groceries away**

I agree with the teen advice there Sweet Suzie, but cooking and baking are still my main idea of a fun filled morning, :rotflmao: but then I do have an appreciating audience with very healthy appetites.

Peggy, pm coming your way!

Morning All, just having the second of my Sunday morning pleasures......fresh coffee..........MMMMMMMMMMMMMm!

Be back soon when the caffeine kicks in,

Caffeine Prayer

Caffeine is my shepherd, I shall not doze.

It maketh me to wake in green pastures:

It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.

It restoreth my buzz:

It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,

I will fear no Equal

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.

Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez

Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.

Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the Home called Starbucks forever. :rotflmao:

Sorry about above, just got this in a missive when I got back from church, I have such quirky friends, she saw this and thought of me!

Hugs,

Anna X

Good morning everyone, or afternoon here in the uk.

Just thought i would let uk people no that phantom of the oprea is on tonight on channel 4, i think its 9 o clock, or could be 8 :)

Just thought i would let uk people no that phantom of the oprea is on tonight on channel 4, i think its 9 o clock, or could be 8 :)

Oh cool - give that a watch then ;)

Hope everyone is okay this sunday :p

Edited by helly

Oh cool - give that a watch then ;)

Hope everyone is okay this sunday :p

Glad i have helped then ;)

Also i wont miss Dancing on ice either lol.So a little bit of dancing on ice and then a bit of gerard butler :wub: :dance:

Hello Gals,

I miss GALS.

I think you ladies will like this, I met a Gerry's convert earlier this week. A woman from another dept at my office walked by my cubbie and did a double take, she saw all the Gerry's picts that my friends decorated my cubbie with for my birthday and she stopped by let me know that she "met" Gerry. Apparently she saw "PS I love You" and went home and googled him and has been visiting different fan sites to read more about Gerry. She started talking about him and sounds so much like she's caught GALS. She said the close-up of his eyes :wub: in PSILY was what did it.

Well, it's late and I have to work early tomorrow, so better get my butt home and in bed.

See ya :wave:

:wave: Ann. Great to see you.

And yes, indeed, it sounds as those your co-worker has caught the GALS virus. How lucky is she! :yippee:

The eyes did it for me as well. Okay, that and the way I :spontaneous: in Point of No Return. :gerrygasm:

:lol:

:hugs: and :wave: to everyone else. Enjoy your Sunday. :kisswink:

Good afternoon to all you European GALS, Good morning to us Yanks!

I just wanted to remind everyone on this side of the pond that Lena Heady's new TV show "Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles" is on tonight at 8:00/7:00 Central on Fox. In this area, it will be following a Cowboys/Giants football game, so Heaven only knows when that game will finish! Just a heads up for anyone is interested.

I plan to devote my day to catching up on chores with my handy kitchen timer at hand reminding me to vote! But first, Anna has put me in the mood for a caffeine fix! How weird that our English Anna drinks coffee in the AM and American Suzie can only drink tea! :hmm2:

Have a great day everyone!

XOXO

Edited by Texas gramma

Yes, the PROCESS of obtaining a hickie is wonderful. I just don't particularly care for the look of the end result (unless it's on a part of my anatomy that the world doesn't see).

Here's to hoping that I get a few hickies in a few weeks! :tasty:

Tell me about it, Mel! I was so disgusted. I mean, how's THAT for a memory of one's first soul kiss? And don't fret about hickies. Personally, I always thought that they were rather...well, gross!

Oh, believe me, I'm not fretting... I'm not looking to get one! :laugh: But SOME action would be nice...

Howdy Susan: You seemed concerned about my trip to see Bobby, and I answered you in detail as to why we're doing it this way. Anyone who knows me well also knows that I don't do anything without care and forethought. I'm not 25 anymore (no offense to those who are, but I was a kooky 25-year-old). If you disagreed with what I'm doing (and that's why you didn't reply), then we'll just need to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I feel that I'm doing the right thing...but as I noticed that you responded to a couple of other people last night without replying to my lengthy post, I was just wondering what's going on.

Basically, guys...this is the rub...I haven't been this happy in years. And I really don't want anyone to rain on my parade. I need support and encouragement. If you speak to me as my mother would, I probably won't answer you at this juncture.

If my trek plans seem awry to you for whatever reason, please keep it to yourself. I'm not angry, trust me, but I've had too many problems with jealous or miserable people in my life who don't want to see me happy. In other words, I've had too much negativity and bad karma over the past six or seven years...and I'm hoping that the entire course of my life changes for the best possible outcome in '08.

I also wish the same good fortune for any of you!

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Christine, I'm sorry for interfering, but I don't think (I'm actually quite sure) that no one here is begrudging your luck!!! If anything, one might be concerned that everything works out well for you!

I really hope that you stay that happy and that you found your fortune!

(IMO if you care for it: I also think that Bob should pay for half the flight - that would be just fair)

:group hug:

Edited by Adelheid

Hugs all around and an extra warm one for you, Anna! :wave:

Can anyone help me out? Has he ever played a character with H as an initial?

*Observes thread about to close... Oh well...*

No, no...you're not interfering. And I don't mind concern! That's very sweet, thank you. Yes, Bobby and I have already discussed halving the airfare. Nothing to fear, really. He is the sweetest person in the world.

Christine, I'm sorry for interfering, but I don't think (I'm actually quite sure) that no one here is begrudging your luck!!! If anything, one might be concerned that everything works out well for you!

I really hope that you stay that happy and that you found your fortune!

(IMO if you care for it: I also think that Bob should pay for half the flight - that would be just fair)

:group hug:

Good afternoon to all you European GALS, Good morning to us Yanks!

I just wanted to remind everyone on this side of the pond that Lena Heady's new TV show "Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles" is on tonight at 8:00/7:00 Central on Fox. In this area, it will be following a Cowboys/Giants football game, so Heaven only knows when that game will finish! Just a heads up for anyone is interested.

I plan to devote my day to catching up on chores with my handy kitchen timer at hand reminding me to vote! But first, Anna has put me in the mood for a caffeine fix! How weird that our English Anna drinks coffee in the AM and American Suzie can only drink tea! :hmm2:

Have a great day everyone!

XOXO

:rotflmao: Suzie I'm warming the tea pot just for you!

We have a feast of period BBC Drama this evening starting at 7.40pm with 'Lark Rise to Candleford' starring Liz Smith and Dawn French among others. Following on is the last episode of 'Sense and Sensibility', I much prefer the film of the same....with Alan Rickman. :tasty:

Last night was the first of the new series of 'Primeval' starring Dougie Henshall, (who has appeared with Gerry in the movie 'Fast Food' years ago...he's another yummy Scot!)....and Torchwood returns this week to TV too. Guess I won't mind the weather for a while! :rotflmao:

I have nearly everything of Gerry's on DVD so I can watch them anytime.....or all the time!

Hope your day is going well Galfriends!

Hugs,

Anna XPosted Image

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to see PSILY again - possibly by myself for the first time.

Susan....I've gone to see PSILY three times by myself...you can do it! I think I've got my own seat at the Rancho theatre by now! I went with a non-Gerry fan last week and she LOVED it!

BTW...have you received my e-mails OK?

Greetings! Everyone...haven't been by to post for a loooong time but try to keep up with reading your posts.

Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

JUDE :wave:

Good morning to us lovely ladies!!

I had a wonderful night talking to my bf and was planning on meeting him this weekend but obviously my mother had other plans. And the interesting thing about him is that he always asks me what I tell you Galfriends about him...nosey bastahd XD lol but I still love him.

Swannie at first I had butterflies but then afterwards I started feeling a bit better.

Hey Texas Gramma he and I have our ambitions that we have to accomplish so dont worry about us moving to quickly...sorry to sound harsh but you sound like my mom :bonk: .

Lish and Pammie and Alice I enjoyed talking to yall on the phone.

Donnakat I dont want any of those...I dont like them so to say.

Paige :wave:

P.S. What happened on Chat last night?