Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

1/11 - Game Interview

UGO.com

Gerard Butler - Game Interview

By Sonya Alexander

Gerard Butler, best remembered as the guy who shouted "SPARTA!" a lot in 2007, is currently shooting Game, written and directed by Brian Taylor and Mark Neveldine, the guys who brought you Crank. We were lucky enough to visit the set of Game recently, and while there Mr. Butler, covered in soot and decked out in futuristic action gear and made it clear he didn't want to do an official interview by telling us to put our pen and paper away. When we hesitated, he jokingly said, "would you rather I show you my bum?" We promptly put pen and paper away and listened while he told us of his experiences on the set.

On playing "Kable":

Gerard Butler: He's a guy on a mission. This is a challenging character. I mean, look at me. This is a very physical role. It's rewarding, too, because the cast and crew are great. Everyone is doing their jobs...well. I am using an American accent, too. Last week we shot in downtown Albuquerque, where they created a Container City. There were lots of explosions, lots of action.

On watching himself on screen:

Gerard: I don't usually watch dailies. I find it painful to watch the process. I love doing the work, but I'm very critical of myself.

On the cast of the film:

Gerard: John Leguizamo is a prison inmate who's a friend of Kable's and plays an intricate role in the story. Ludacris is going to be playing someone in the Resistance Movement. He's a great guy. Kyra Sedgewick hasn't been on set yet. I'm looking forward to working with her.

On online outlets:

Gerard: You guys are the best. You helped catapult 300. I really appreciate all of your support.

Mr. Butler was then whisked off to do another scene involving explosives. Logan Lerman, from 3:10 to Yuma was in the scene with him. Writer/director Mark Neveldine beamed as he gave Gerard instructions to run over the hill and dive into the dirt. It looked as if he was having great fun.

UGO.com

Gerard Butler - Game Interview

On online outlets:

Gerard: You guys are the best. You helped catapult 300. I really appreciate all of your support.

HE WAS TALKIN TO USSSSSSSS!!!!

Hahahahah

Thanks H

PammieK

Two comments:

1. YES! WE'D PREFER THAT YOU SHOW US YE BUM!

2. CURSE YOU, YOU DIALECT COACHES!! Why can't we have a good ol' American SCOTTISH bad-arse? What? Kable could've grown up with parents straight from the Scotland, absorbed their accent, yet lived in America! I'm just sayin...

There is enough little kid in Gerry that he probably DID have fun diving into the dirt! I do look forward to him finishing this film and then maybe taking a holiday. He needs it.

Thanks for the info, Holly.

Suzie

What? Kable could've grown up with parents straight from the Scotland, absorbed their accent, yet lived in America! I'm just sayin...

LOL Spotty! That made me snort!!

Shoot, I must've either missed or forgotten that Kyra Sedgewick is in the film... cool! Funny story about her that Mousie told me... she was in her apartment when a tour bus drove by, and the driver announced that they were now passing the home of Kevin Bacon and "Kiiira" Sedgewick. She yelled out the window, "It's KEEEEIRA, you *#$%#!!" She and Gerry can so relate to each other with the name-butchering thing.

~Mel

Thanks for posting this.

I'm SO looking forward to this one. All of them actually!!!

Meredith

Saw his bum in "300" and put it on frreze frame, I did! :heat:

I know he appreciates his loyal fans and has always treated us well.

Can't wait for this movie...or any of his movies.

Thanks for the info.

Later and cheers...Tamarra

Two comments:

1. YES! WE'D PREFER THAT YOU SHOW US YE BUM!

2. CURSE YOU, YOU DIALECT COACHES!! Why can't we have a good ol' American SCOTTISH bad-arse? What? Kable could've grown up with parents straight from the Scotland, absorbed their accent, yet lived in America! I'm just sayin...

You Go GAL,

I'm sick of them taking away Gerry's accent!!!!!! That is part of the charm of that Awesome Man. STOP IT YOU GUYS IN THE MOVIE BUSINESS. Look what happened to "Shattered"! You let Pierce keep his English accent. What the H's wrong with Gerry keeping His Scotish accent?!?!?

Leave His accent alone!!!!! We Gals Love It!!!! (At least I do!)

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: yes, yes, I will!

I love his accent, its part of who he is and for me it is a big part of the attraction, its sooooo sexy and it really gets up my nose when they make him change it for a role, it wasn't a problem in 300, a Greek with a Scottish accent now that was pushing it but it worked. As for the bum, never can have too much of a good thing, more please. :heat:

That's going to be pretty interesting seeing Gerry & John L. in the same movie. I'm just used to John L. being quirky characters in Moulin Rouge, Ice Age, and To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything Julie Newmar.

Thank you for posting the interview, I also cannot understand why the hero could not be of Scottish origin (and they should not bother him by changing the accent). I hope it will be a nice and successful film, but I hope even more that they finish it quickly and let Mr. Butler have a long, well deserved holiday!

Edited by Donnie

Thank you for posting this!!!!

Paige :wave:

I agree that Gerry should keep his accent! I too would love to see his bum again. I'm not a big fan of musclebound men but his body in the window in the moonlight was like seeing Michelangalo's David. Gerry sounds like he is having fun being a rough & tumble guy. The movie sounds interesting.