Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
discoveringme

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 35th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 34 floors to go to reach 69 again!

:hello: AGAIN, GORGEOUS!!

:mopboymarek: :mopboystranger: :mopboyterry: :leochest: :mopboyerik:

:whome2: OF COURSE YOU!!

I'm going to let Susan decide the theme of this floor since she always does such a fabulous job. But in the meantime, don't forget to vote for Gerry in Hello Magazine's Most Attractive Man poll which runs until January 17. We want to do all we can to show him and the world what we all know - there is no more attractive man in the whole WORLD!!

P.S. from Susan~Sporran - I'm not changing the title since the poll still has a few days to go - I'm just going to call it Hello AGAIN, Gorgeous!

Posted Image

CLICK HERE TO VOTE EVERY 15 MINUTES!

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

*runs around* WOOO HOOO!!! IM FIRST!!!! HELSINKI VAMPIRES ALL THE WAY !!!! XD

Paige :wave:

Edited by Paige

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to see PSILY again - possibly by myself for the first time.

Susan....I've gone to see PSILY three times by myself...you can do it! I think I've got my own seat at the Rancho theatre by now! I went with a non-Gerry fan last week and she LOVED it!

BTW...have you received my e-mails OK?

Greetings! Everyone...haven't been by to post for a loooong time but try to keep up with reading your posts.

Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

JUDE :wave:

Oh darn, beat by Paige!...one of these days I'll be first!

Jude so good to hear from you lady!

Oh dear, here's where the CRS (can't remember shiite) comes in....trying to remember the last 10 or 12 posts from the other floor....

Christine...I wish you all the happiness!

Anna, you really are back...I love it! Posted Image

Peg...just thinking about you dear friend.

Susan, how you keep up with all of us and live the life you do is beyond me! You are the woman!!!!

Donna, you know you really care! :rotflmao:

And for all of you who had such an exciting Saturday doing laundry, cleaning house...etc. I have you all beat!!! I got to go shopping at Costco and mingle with the thousands of others there! :woah: I know...I know...it was such a thrill! NOT! :bleh2:

It is so great to have more of you European girls here....now at night (well, for us) you can keep Anna and Cat company!!!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

*sticks tongue out at both of them*NA NA!!! *runs to another door*

I just posted on the other thread and it's close. I guess I'll just copy and paste it here. Nothing much, but I don't feel like repeating myself and because I don't remember what I wrote. :lol:

Oh Anna, I'm so bloody jealous. I so love Dawn French and I've been wanting to see the Lark Rise, but I have to wait for it to air over there before I can download for me to watch. My trusty connection who usually tapes these shows for me is out of the country for 2 more weeks so I'm stranded so to speak. Please tell me if it's good. Also, I'm waiting on my copy of the new S&S so that I can watch it as well. Masterpiece Theater starts the Jane Austen series tonight. I've seen and own all the new ones up to S&S but I'm still going to watch it tonight. I'll tape the Sara Connor Chronicles Suzie because I really want to see this as well.

Swannie - I feel for you. I've had a hard time sleeping lately as well. It sucks! I try to entertain myself by inventing a Gerry dream but I find it doesn't happen when I try too hard to think of one. I have to let it be while I'm completely knocked out. In turn, I had a hot, sexy dream that I slept w/my hubby's best friend since they were kids Jason. WTF is up with that. Oh he's a naughty boy at least in the sack. :heat: I can't repeat what he was saying even if it was a dream. It's way too naughty. Good thing he has his practice in Carbondale which is 7 hrs. away. He's an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in spinal injuries. I'm still in shock.

Also, in having all this time on my hands for you Moonlight ladies, I've caught up w/all the episodes. It's a good show, but I'm still not feeling the :pant: over Alex. He's nice don't get me wrong, but I'm doing the ole Scot thing at the moment so no time for the Aussies. :lol:

You ladies have a good Sunday. I'll check in later.

Cassie

I got a chance to PSILY on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it again. #4 for me. The second time by myself. I was pleasantly surprised at how full the theater was. Especially considering it was a Friday night about 8:00 p.m. with lots of other choices out there. The theater seemed to be filled with pretty equal parts women and men, which I loved. My son's girlfriend saw it as well and totally loved it. She may even understand now why I'm such a huge Gerry fan. :lol:

I found myself listening for the audience's reactions more this time. Did they laugh in the right places? Could I hear appropriate sniffling in others? I'm happy to report YES to both questions. I could have bopped the guy next to me, though, for his dang cell phone going off. What about "Silence your cell phones" is difficult to understand? :confused: Of course, the text he decided to answer must have been of national Importance. :doh: Oh well. Could have been worse. He might have actually answered the phone call.

Happy Sunday to all! :wave:

Cassie.....

You are going to love 'Larkrise to Candleford' :wub: Dawn French plays a wonderful part.

I too have problems sleeping but mine's due to pain when I try to turn over.........usually just as I drift off to sleep :rotflmao: so that wakes me up! Himself usually wakes up too, so there we both are wide awake......I send him down to make tea and after another hour we try to sleep again. :rotflmao:

Boy we do have fun in bed. :laugh:

Hugs,

Anna x

:funnyabove: :rotflmao::kisswink: Fun in bed indeed! That said I feel for you, hon... *Hugs Anna*

Good evening everyone :)

:cheer:

I have just watch POTO for the first time.It was fantastic.Gerry did so well.I love him even more now ;).

I am going again to see PSILY #5 time :) cant wait.Taking a friend who hasn't seen it :)

Hope you's dont mind me joining you's :)

Heaven's no...we love you being here!!! Welcome to the support center...pull up a chair and sample some Gerry juice!

hugs,

Sue

Heaven's no...we love you being here!!! Welcome to the support center...pull up a chair and sample some Gerry juice!

hugs,

Sue

Thank you.

I am from the uk.So its late at night.Thats the only thing about time zones lol

Just dont drink to much of it though...it can get addicting XD

Tell me about it. I admit i only came a gerry fan when i saw him on monday in PSILY.

I Have now seen lots of his films though just through the past week

I have bought dear frankie, 300, Dracula 2000, just watch phantom.

I just love him now.I have spent hours laughing and watching him on you tube.

But i am handy you see.As i live in scotland so any press from scottish papers or british press am your gal lol

Sweet!!!!

Anyways I cant stay on here for long. My mom and I are going to a dinner/goodbye gathering for one of the people who works in the same company as my mom. We are going to eat at a local On The Border and my bf is begging me to come to the Sonic that is close to where he lives and I am begging my mom to take me but...I dont know Ill see how it goes.

See ya ladies

Sweet!!!!

Anyways I cant stay on here for long. My mom and I are going to a dinner/goodbye gathering for one of the people who works in the same company as my mom. We are going to eat at a local On The Border and my bf is begging me to come to the Sonic that is close to where he lives and I am begging my mom to take me but...I dont know Ill see how it goes.

See ya ladies

Have a nice dinner :)

Welcome!! Yup, - the timedifference can be..... *Cough!*

God, I must have a one track mind. Instead of "have a nice dinner," I read to myself: "Have a nice drummer." LOL!!!

Ah, Susan, that's okay. Thank you. I was just worried that I might have overlooked an important facet of this whole situation (I really *am* trying to consider everyone's concerns, and I spoke at length about this same topic with my protective sister just a little while ago) or that I said something to piss you off. Sometimes my emails/posts are more intense than they really are, but I think that's just my writing style. It's gotten me into trouble before! Anyway, you reminded me that you were the one who talked about all of those great long-distance relationships...thank you again! I am sorry as well about not always recalling who posted what (it's the peri-menopause, I swear to God).

As I thought to myself earlier, I will still have a good friend even if Bobby and I don't have chemistry in person. He's just that kind of guy; we'll always connect mentally, spiritually and creatively. I have a really good feeling about the entire scenario, however, and that's unlike me. I'm usually the cynic, the pessimist, the naysayer. But after witnessing a gorgeous rainbow in the sky yesterday afternoon with Cynthia, we decided that it was a harbinger of good things to come...for everyone! So many pals and acquaintances didn't have the greatest '07, and I think that all of us need a great '08. I sure do, let me tell ya!

Right now I am drinking some coffee because I've been half-asleep all day long...probably because it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Bleah. I should have bought some groceries today but I napped instead! LAZY, LAZY! And my stomach continually acts up. I don't know if it's financial stress or the "good" stress that accompanies major life changes and shake-ups. But coffee sometimes soothes my tummy, oddly enough, in addition to awakening me.

Are floors number 1-13 on the first high rise ever going to come back? I want to see my first GAL post, ha ha!! I was so weird back then... I thought I was so cool.

WELCOME Scottish Lass!! We have a number of European GALS, and even a good handful from the UK... but not too many actually in Scotland!

Hey everyone... the scratchy throat that's been teasing me nearly all week has finally developed into a cold... *bleh* I sniffed my way through church this morning, lol... though a LOT of people were sniffing, 'tis the season for sniffly sicknesses!

So, the coffee tea discussion... I actually don't drink either of them. Well, I do drink herbal tea now and then, usually when I'm sick with a cold, but I don't like it with meals so much. I would drink hot chocolate a lot more often if the lactose didn't give me headaches. Though I am a sucker for Starbucks' Carmel Apple Cider... YUM. I would drink that a lot more often if I could afford it! :D

Mousie and I hit PSILY for #5 again last night as well! You know, I realized that the very last thing Gerry says in the film is, "And there's no such thing as a vampire slayer!"

We took a friend of mine who hadn't seen it, and when it was over, she said, "I can see why you'd want to see this multiple times!" I was so glad she liked it!

Oh, gotta go soon... having dinner at my brother's house tonight, get to see the adorable niblings! (nieces and nephews).

:hearts:

~Mel

Guest DonnaKat

Are floors number 1-13 on the first high rise ever going to come back? I want to see my first GAL post, ha ha!! I was so weird back then... I thought I was so cool.

I'm still weird...over 1400 posts later...and I don't think that's ever going to change. If anything, I think you're going to see me get even weirder and weirder. I'm not on such good behavior anymore.

Will someone adopt me so I won't have to go back to work tomorrow? I promise I can clean and make you awesome pot pies. I do windows....

WELCOME Scottish Lass!! We have a number of European GALS, and even a good handful from the UK... but not too many actually in Scotland!

Hey everyone... the scratchy throat that's been teasing me nearly all week has finally developed into a cold... *bleh* I sniffed my way through church this morning, lol... though a LOT of people were sniffing, 'tis the season for sniffly sicknesses!

So, the coffee tea discussion... I actually don't drink either of them. Well, I do drink herbal tea now and then, usually when I'm sick with a cold, but I don't like it with meals so much. I would drink hot chocolate a lot more often if the lactose didn't give me headaches. Though I am a sucker for Starbucks' Carmel Apple Cider... YUM. I would drink that a lot more often if I could afford it! :D

Mousie and I hit PSILY for #5 again last night as well! You know, I realized that the very last thing Gerry says in the film is, "And there's no such thing as a vampire slayer!"

We took a friend of mine who hadn't seen it, and when it was over, she said, "I can see why you'd want to see this multiple times!" I was so glad she liked it!

Oh, gotta go soon... having dinner at my brother's house tonight, get to see the adorable niblings! (nieces and nephews).

:hearts:

~Mel

HELLO :wave: Thank you for the welcome. Well i feel privilledged to be one of the many scots on here.

This place is just so big to try and read lol.

I would love to go to one of the conventions but obviously my location and studies holds me from doing any of that.Maybe one day i shall get the meet the man himself.Maybe even in scotland as that would be brillent lol.

Hope you enjoy your dinner.

Good evening everyone :)

:cheer:

I have just watch POTO for the first time.It was fantastic.Gerry did so well.I love him even more now ;).

I am going again to see PSILY #5 time :) cant wait.Taking a friend who hasn't seen it :)

Hope you's dont mind me joining you's :)

My dear, I'm so glad you saw POTO. Believe me, there is magic in that movie, and each time you watch it, you will be drawn deeper into the Phantom's lair. Gerry is so outstanding in that film, and many of us found him through that sexy and heartbreaking role.

We are all very happy to see so many of our lovely new members posting in this thread. Back in the day...this thread was the busiest on the board, but we went through some growing pains as things shifted around a bit, and now it's wonderful to see so many people posting here again.

Welcome to all newish members!

Swannie

Welcome to the new members. I hope you enjoy GALS as much as I am. Even if you stray, you'll eventually find yourself back here (I speak from experience).

Donna, I'd adopt you if I had a disposable income. Alas, I do not. But I hope that tomorrow is smoother than you currently expect. I've had too many jobs that I couldn't tolerate, and Sunday nights always reminded me of the Sunday nights from my childhood...and not wanting to go to school the next day.

Tell me about it. I admit i only came a gerry fan when i saw him on monday in PSILY.

I Have now seen lots of his films though just through the past week

I have bought dear frankie, 300, Dracula 2000, just watch phantom.

I just love him now.I have spent hours laughing and watching him on you tube.

But i am handy you see.As i live in scotland so any press from scottish papers or british press am your gal lol

Scottish Lass...you will find you have company here in the wee hours I"m sure! :wave: And YES, I for one will love to hear anything about Gerry that comes out in your press...as a matter of fact I was just reading my emails and it looks like you've already posted one! Posted Image I have family in No. Ireland and a girlfriend who lives in Lossiemmouth, Moray Scotland and I have been trying for the past few years to get them interested in Gerry and all they say is "Gerry who??"....drive me crazy! Posted Image Maybe PSILY will change all of that!

Donna, have you seen the commercial where a whole town wakes in the wee dark hour of the morning (it looks like a take off on Encounters of the Third Kind or something) and they are grabbing whatever they can and racing up a hill to stop whatever is ocming.........what is coming? WHAT? The dawn ...it's Monday morning.... Well, I saw it today and you and Lisa came to my mind!!! Sorry hun...but it comes every week~ :tantrum: (I'm so glad I'm retired...sometimes it's good being older [but not very often].

Posted ImageMel...I'm just getting over mine! And just in time too...B2 is on his way up here to spend the night with grandma...I can't wait! Have fun with you niblings!

hugs,

Sue