Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
discoveringme

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hi Fran!!

Welcome Back!!

PammieK

WELCOME BACK Fran and Betts!!! :yippee:

:wave: Hello Frannie Dont think i have spoke to you before lol but welcome back :hello:

Hope everyone is good today.Personally am not :crybaby: One of our older dogs who is 13 got put to sleep tonight.She has a tumour in her stomach.Its so hard to an animal i have had since a child.

:hugs:

Christine..I'm am sooo sorry for you!! :hug99: I never experienced such thing until today, but I truly feel for you!!

Oh, sweetie I'm so sorry about the loss of your fur baby. That is NEVER easy, and I'm sure especially difficult when you've been together for most of your life. My heart and prayers are with you.

Frannie - welcome back!! Geesh, your guy should understand you've been without us GALS for so long and give you some time to get back in touch with us. Afterall HE has had you pretty much to himself lately, hasn't he? I hope all is well and we missed you tons!!

Anna - I can't get on You Tube from work so I'll have to wait and see that vid from home. I once saw a woman who was tattooed from head to toe. I really can't see doing that - espeically tattooing your face. I can't even imagine having permanent makeup done (I don't want anybody putting a needle that close to my eyes, I'll draw my eyeliner on myself) - not even the lipstick. My manicurist had her lips done once and even with some numbing medication she said it was the most painful thing she ever had done. I've seen some really beautiful tattoos - I just love the one that Lena Headey has on her right upper arm - it is so delicate and feminine.

FRANNIE!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!! :cheer2:

Darn, it we missed you!!! :wub:

Christine, so sorry about loosing your fur baby. I've had to do that too, and it breaks your heart. I just want to let you know how I wish I could give you a hug, :comfort:

Again on the subject of tattoos. If you youngin's want to get one when you get older, just remember that there are grammas running around with tats that are tributes to "The Monkees", "The Partridge Family" and Michael Jackson. These people now get weird looks. Do not put yourself in their company in a few years! Then there is my daughter who has a rose tattooed just above her left boob. She is now a middle school teacher who can never wear a tank top lest one of her 14 yr old students asks her why she has a "tit-too"!

(Can I say that here?)

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Thank you's for your concern.Its much appreciated.

One things that will make me happy is seeing gerry get his rightful crown the winner in the poll :baby: lol

I watched Dear Frankie earlier (my fav) as i knew seeing gerry would make me feel better :)

Christine....I'm so sorry....I still remember the heartache and tears we shed over losing our golden...they are part of our family and their love is like no other.... :comfort: [[cyber hugs to you]].

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hey all,

Christine, I'm sorry for your loss. I know pets are family too, and having one that long is surely going to be missed. Hugs!

Hiya Fran!

I just got a call from my boss. He fractured his collar bone and will be out for 12 weeks...yikes! So who is going to be running the show? Myself and the foreman. I take care of everything inside the office, the foreman will be taking care of everything outside the office, since I know nothing about plastering and whatnot. Hmmm....I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or not. Let's not hope we run his business to the ground...lol! I'll be out of a job if that happens, and well, I kind of need my job, for at least THIS year.

Forgot to mention that the first thing my boss told me after he explained what happened, was that he was going to tell me about all the movies he's going to watch. I told him that he HAS to see 300. I think he is the only man on earth who hasn't see the movie, who would want to see the movie.

~alice

:music:

Welcome Back Frannie I've missed you!

Hugs, Barbara Here is a little welcome back present!Posted Image

Guest DonnaKat

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Christine. I know how terribly painful that can be.

You've probably read this before, but I think it will comfort you.

Rainbow Bridge

I believe there are animals in heaven. It would not be heaven without them! Know that your furbaby is no longer in pain.

Welcome back to those who were gone....

I have a half day of work tomorrow, then I'm (finally) going to see Sweeney Todd. There's a matinee showing at 11:25am...perfect for someone like me who wants to go see the movie in (hopefully) relative peace and quiet. I've been wanting to see this movie for about a month now....

Oh, Christine, that is so hard! I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They mean so much in our lives... *hugs* I hope you feel better!! And I agree with Donna, there ARE pets in heaven!!

Have a sore throat. I'm afraid I may be coming down with something...

Well now....Thank you all sooooooo much for missing me! I have a lot of catching up to do and now that hubby's all happy again I'm gitting to it!!

Christine...Nice to meet you just sorry it had to be on such a sad note. We lost our little fur ball a couple of years ago and we had him for thirteen years too! I know EXACTLY how you feel Sweetie and I know it will take time but it will get easier. I have to confess....I still tear up every time I see a dog that looks like our Sunny! Anyway...you're right. Dig into the Gerry movies and some Gerry juice. It will haelp a little to take your mind off of it!

To the rest of my Galfriends.....and you all know who you are....Um.... that would be each and every one of you...SIGH* It's soooo nice to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: Fran

Well, my dolphin tattoo did not hurt too much. But my wolf and tiger butterfly definitely did. However, I just love the way they look and what they represent to me. And I'd never try to convince anyone to procure a tattoo because it *IS* a personal decision. But I just wanted to offer some of the potential benefits of the process. If you find an astute tattoo artist, it's amazing body art (to me, anyway). Yet I would always respect anyone's decision NOT to do it. It's not everyone's cup of java.

WELCOME BACK FRAN!!!! You were missed...

Christine - So sorry to hear about your dog. Your friend is in a good place w/no pain. Maybe this can give you some peace. Big Hugs to you!

I'm off to watch "Ugly Betty". I'm determined to stay awake even though I'm bloody tired again.

Cassie

Oh, Christine, I just read your post. Honey, I am so sorry about your loss. I still shed tears over the beautiful dogs and cats who were part of my family even thirty years ago, one of whom was my "other brother" and at my side from birth to age 8. I still miss Pepper tremendously; he was my hero and guardian. The bottom line is that they ARE indeed family members and not just pets. Animals are special and filled with unconditional love, and many humans could learn valuable lessons about kindness and generosity from our fur-bearing babies. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm also glad that DonnaKat posted "Rainbow Bridge," which I believe is TRUE. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without the fuzz faces!

Edited by Phantom's Muse

OMG... If I ever meet Gerry, I'm having him sign my upper boob. Then I'll hit the tattoo parlor and have then tattoo over it. Then I can keep him there forever.

:wub:

Just kidding.

Maybe.

Not really. I totally would.

Hey ladies...

Christine I am sorry to hear about your dog. Over two years ago I lost my dog but I had a good reason to have him be put in heaven. He was so sick that my mother and I had made the decision to have him humanely euthanized by our local vet. But luckily the vet did all that she and her team could to try and help my dog. I will keep you in my prayers.

Paige :wave:

Damn...Lish, that's a REALLY good idea. :tasty:

OMG... If I ever meet Gerry, I'm having him sign my upper boob. Then I'll hit the tattoo parlor and have then tattoo over it. Then I can keep him there forever.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

Well you know Lish I said almost exactly the same thing 3 years ago and I got danged close to getting my left boob signed (though it was actually my shirt). Don't think the idea didn't occur to me to take the shirt, with the autograph, and have it tattooed exactly where that pen would have touched my skin had the shirt not been between his hand and me. But, alas, as much as I adore Gerry I am just not about getting his name, face or autograph tattooed on my body. He'd probably already think my little seahorse and Celtic "S" are a bit weird, since he doesn't seem to be into getting inked himself. I'm afraid if I had his autograph permanently inked onto my chest and he knew about it he'd have a restraining order issued against me as one of his "crazies" :dance: .

Yeah... I guess that could be seen as a bit overboard. What I REALLY do want to get is a celtic motherhood knot with an emerald above to signify my firstborn. I'll add birthstones for the subsequent kids as well. I just have to figure out a spot to put it.

Here is an example

Just kidding.

Maybe.

Lish :rotflmao: it took me a minute to understand what you were saying....my first reaction was upper boob!!!....does that mean Lish has a lower boob too? I've seen pictures of Lish and she didn't seem that she had bottom and top boobs to me!!! ok...it's just me!! BUT once I understood...oh yeah, I might even go in for that...and I never even thought of a tattoo before!!!

That Celtic knot is gorgeous....I love Celtic knots...I did my whole table out in my backyard in mosaic around three Celtic knots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah... I guess that could be seen as a bit overboard. What I REALLY do want to get is a celtic motherhood knot with an emerald above to signify my firstborn. I'll add birthstones for the subsequent kids as well. I just have to figure out a spot to put it.

Here is an example

Lish, that's gorgeous!! I may have to steal that idea for my next tattoo! I love mine. I have my Hebrew name written above my tush (I need to get that changed); I have a Phoenix rising out of the fire on back, between my shoulderblades, with my sons' names written in Elvish over her wings.

Hey, I found a pic:

Posted Image

I'm dying for a new one! They're so addicting. I really want one around my ankle, too. Probably something Celtic and/or GB related. Nothing major, though. Something small, just to remember this time in my life . . .

I like that a LOT, Lish! After I get some embellishments added to my "S" tattoo I think I want to get an Alzheimer's ribbon on my upper back. I've thought about having some sort of flower twining around and through the ribbon in honor of my mom. If I got brave enough for a larger tattoo I think I would do a hummingbird hovering over a stargazer lily and maybe find a way to incorporate the Alzheimers ribbon in there. But I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough for a tattoo that large. If I did I hope I could get Hannah from L.A. Ink to do it.

P.S. I like your Phoenix too.

Here is what the Alzheimer's ribbon looks like - and I would have the words probably around the top and bottom:

The heart remembers

Posted Image

what the mind forgets

Guest DonnaKat

What you could do is have a tat made with a signature line and a "sign here". That way, you could have the line autographed. If you got tired of it, just wash it off and have someone else sign it later.

I have to admit, once or twice I've pondered getting a VERY SMALL tat of a red rose on my shoulder, since it's my favorite flower. But then I chicken out. I think I'll stick with the bling. I can remove it when I get home at night, with no worries. Yeah, I'm a fraidy-kat. ;)

Being Irish, I do love the Celtic cross as well...but again, I can choose to wear that with jewelry. Right now, I have a very beautiful Celtic ring I like to wear on occasion.

The idea of a tat is so...permanent. As for me, I love to delve into my jewelry box every morning, and decide what I want to wear. At least that way I can have variety.

But to each his/her own. My dad has a tat, as does my brother. Actually, brother has more than one. I haven't asked how many, and I really don't want him to show me. He's my BROTHER, after all. :rotflmao: