Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

Meet the Spartans

Maybe I have no sense of humor, but I do not like this and don't think I'll be seeing it.

My sons, on the other hand, think it's friggin' hysterical!!

Meet the Spartans

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree, but what my roommate said I think is right. You know you've made it when they parody it. This one I don't think i'll be seeing either.

Maybe I have no sense of humor, but I do not like this and don't think I'll be seeing it.

Meet the Spartans

Lisa

it looks funny but only like the other not another teen movie/epic movie type way althought britney getting kicked down the pit was pretty funny!

GOOD! I'm not alone....I mentioned this a week or so ago in the SC as I said the same thing. I think it's absolutely insulting!

:wave: Fran

Well I hate to tell you all that this movie is going to be making money off of the people my age and will probably be making money off of me too because I want to see this. Face it...there was probably someone ya'lls age that was thinking "What would this be like if this was in a comedy spoof?" and just laughed at some of the things that might end up being in this movie? But I dont know this is just me talking lol.

Anyways I dont think it is insulting...its just a way of a director trying to make money like all the other directors do..besides if we did not have comedy in this world.....the movies would be boring.

Paige :wave:

Guest greyeyegoddess

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about this after seeing the online trailer. But seeing the trailers on tv, I may have to admit that I'm going to become immature and watch this...maybe...of course, not after I've seen PSILY a few more times. I'll probably get the dvd if I don't make it to the theater.

I like a bunch of the actors in the movie. I've never seen the other stuff the Scary Movie guys have done.

~alice

:music:

I wont say that it is INSULTING - but i wont be seeing it.

to each his own who do. Hey - EVERYONE has to laugh at something.

and like it was said -- YOU KNOW YOU MADE IT WHEN...... all in good fun

Binkie

Meet the Spartans

Lisa

While this is not my favorite form of humor (I didn't care for most of the Airplane movies), I must say this: any time something is *truly* popular and iconic, someone is going to spoof it. I think it's a testament to the success of "300" and Gerry alike that this film has been made.

I've Seen The Previews For It...Don't Get Me Wrong I LOVE Gerry & 300...But That Movie Looks VERY Funny & I'm Def. Going To See It...Even Though It'll Probably Suck...I Loved The Part Where He Kicks Sanjaya (I Think It's Spelled That Way) In The Bottomless Pit! :rotflmao:

Has anyone seen the commercials for this yet? I don't know if I can watch it...I don't take kindly to people making fun of Gerry! Posted ImageBut the rest looks funny. Posted Image

Info from IMDb

I got invited to a few test screenings but I would have had to bring a teenage boy with me and there weren't any available! I have seen the poster when we went to the opening day of PSILY. I might actually go see it - just to see if it is a decent parody or totally stupid.

I have seen these commercials and actually mentioned it yesterday in another thread that I started about Lego 300....I think it looks really funny...and I think Gerry would absolutley laugh his a*se off at it.......

ETA:If you go to Youtube and look under "Meet The Spartans" there are several trailers, but no the ones that I have seen on tv......it's a typical "spoof".....some people may not care for the humor......but I bet Gerry would...

Edited by redroseblackribbon

I have seen these commercials and actually mentioned it yesterday in another thread that I started about Lego 300....I think it looks really funny...and I think Gerry would absolutley laugh his a*se off at it.......

ETA:If you go to Youtube and look under "Meet The Spartans" there are several trailers, but no the ones that I have seen on tv......it's a typical "spoof".....some people may not care for the humor......but I bet Gerry would...

I Agree With You That Gerry Will Hopefully Laugh At This...I'm Def. Gonna Go See It...Even Though I LOVE 300 And I Hate To See It Being Made Fun Of...But No Movie Is Safe Anymore In Hollywood, Eventually All Movies Get Made Fun Of....

I know like when he kicked the Britney Spears lookalike into the pit too...that made my day. :rotflmao:

Well knowing me and the many other thousands or millions of immature teenagers out there are going to go see it because of the content we like to see...you know all the stuff that is "contained" in the Over 18? Yeah that kind of stuff....XD

I think Gerry is probably jazzed that "300" has already become enough of an icon to justify a spoof movie of its own. I'm really not a spoof movie fan, but will likely see this one, probably with a bunch of local Gerry fans. Afterall, when I saw the poster and it has K-Fed and Britney being kicked into the bottomless pit I knew it was worthwhile even if only for that!

I think Gerry is probably jazzed that "300" has already become enough of an icon to justify a spoof movie of its own. I'm really not a spoof movie fan, but will likely see this one, probably with a bunch of local Gerry fans. Afterall, when I saw the poster and it has K-Fed and Britney being kicked into the bottomless pit I knew it was worthwhile even if only for that!

HA! I Totally Agree With The K-Fed Britney Thing! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Website now online - Meet the Spartans

At least they casted a Brit for the role of Leonides.

Website shows release date as Jan.25, but I've also seen a date of Feb. 1

I will be there to see this. I love spoofs, but when I heard they were doing one for 300, I was jazzed. I agree. You really made it when they spoof you. And I don't take it as insulting to Gerry. They based the entire movie off of 300, which shows how big the movie (300) actually is. I'm sure I am going to love it, but to each their own. I would like to think that G would get a kick out of it.

Brit probably won't like the movie though.. :lol:

Well, I happened upon this movie yesterday on TV. I was shampooing my bedroom carpet and had stopped to let it dry for a while. I laughed at some of it, what I watched before going back to work. Some of it was just "silly". I think Gerry would think it all amusing for sure. Spoofs of movies and songs are always funny, it they don't get too "tasteless". I've always been a big Weird Al Yankovich fan! Anyway, I didn't watch the whole thing. Wasn't worth sacrificing my "mood" to clean. That comes so very seldom these days!

D

I caught some of this on HBO one night and I am glad I did not waste my money on it at the theater! Not my kind of humor, thanks. :bleh:

Kicking the woman and child into the chasm is el-sicko!

Like I said, I watched it for about ten minutes. I didn't see that part! That is pretty bad! That's what I mean when I say, "tasteless". Anything, as far as I'm concerned, that makes jest of hurting little kids, animals or old people, is not funny.

D