Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

1/13 - King of Internet Horror Gaming?

www.kwanzoo.com

Gerard Butler - King of Internet Horror Gaming?

Given that some of the biggest games right now are MMOs, it's kind of interesting that, sometime in 2009, you'll be able to see a movie about a game where people control other people in a winner-take-all killfest. They're actually planning to call it, of all things, Game. And guess who's in it?

This! Is! Not Quite Sparta!

That's right… Gerard Butler himself will be playing as one of the best players to ever play the game in Game, and not all that surprisingly, he wants out. Like a kind of Tron gone horribly wrong, basically, all you have to do is picture Call of Duty 4 or something similar where the characters you control have real-world equivalents.

Oh…and you should probably forget about respawning.

Which, naturally, has me somewhat enthused. Any time you can combine the great two geek interests - movies and video games - into one package, as long as that package is halfway decent, it will be well received. The problem of course being that movies based on video games generally turn out looking like pounded roadkill. The same, not surprisingly, also works in reverse.

Feel That? That's Your Mind. It's Just Been Blown.

Now here's where the twist gets interesting. Can you imagine a game based on this? A game about a movie about a game! Man…that'd almost have to be interesting just for the sheer extra level of translation.

And until that day comes, there are plenty of Gerard Butler trivia questions on Kwanzoo, a game where absolutely no one is forced to shoot at other people.

hehehe ... he said "package" ...

Guest DonnaKat

as long as that package is halfway decent, it will be well received

I think Gerry's package will be well received. Don't you?

That just cracked me up.

Loved the bit when they said its not quite Sparta lol

Any idea who else is in it ?

Cant wait for it.As the pic we saw of him he looks great :D

Loved the bit when they said its not quite Sparta lol

Any idea who else is in it ?

Cant wait for it.As the pic we saw of him he looks great :D

Scroll down to see list of cast for Game

It's probably a little early to know exactly when it will be released since it doesn't even have its real title yet. I know the original storyboards that were accidentally leaked said late 2008, but who knows - this may not be the best fare for a holiday release, so we'll just have to wait and see. The article is pretty humorous - I like that. Hmmm...a game about a movie about a game...

I wonder if he has a pet bird in this one...a secret weapon that can poke someone's eye out!

I can loan him our lovely New Mexican Pilar....but I'm afraid she'd never come back.

I didn't know that Iwas a Geek (movies) but I did know that I like Gerry's package.

Never thought of myself as a Geek.

Later and cheers...Tamarra

hehehe ... he said "package" ...

I've found your post so funny 'cause suddenly it made me remember "Beavis and Butthead" and I loved it.

Gerry rules

Why are you apologizing?!! There's no apologizing for Gerry's package here!!! LOL And may I add that I totally CONCUR -- Gerry is the total package.

(So glad to see ye posting, Maria!!!)

*hehe* He said IS!

:D

I wonder if he has a pet bird in this one...a secret weapon that can poke someone's eye out!

From what I hear his secret weapon is NOT a bird but it could poke an eye out. I volunteer-have an extra eye!! :pant:

Guest DonnaKat

I volunteer-have an extra eye!! :pant:

You do???? So THAT'S where my eye went to. Give it back! :tissues:

DonnaCyclopsKat

P.S. My woodpecker is missing it's beak. Did someone run off with it?

We really need a bird smiley...*runs off in search of one* :flee:

www.kwanzoo.com

Gerard Butler - King of Internet Horror Gaming?

Given that some of the biggest games right now are MMOs, it's kind of interesting that, sometime in 2009, you'll be able to see a movie about a game where people control other people in a winner-take-all killfest. They're actually planning to call it, of all things, Game. And guess who's in it?

That's right… Gerard Butler himself will be playing as one of the best players to ever play the game in Game, and not all that surprisingly, he wants out. Like a kind of Tron gone horribly wrong, basically, all you have to do is picture Call of Duty 4 or something similar where the characters you control have real-world equivalents.

Oh…and you should probably forget about respawning.

Which, naturally, has me somewhat enthused. Any time you can combine the great two geek interests - movies and video games - into one package, as long as that package is halfway decent, it will be well received. The problem of course being that movies based on video games generally turn out looking like pounded roadkill. The same, not surprisingly, also works in reverse.

Feel That? That's Your Mind. It's Just Been Blown.

Now here's where the twist gets interesting. Can you imagine a game based on this? A game about a movie about a game! Man…that'd almost have to be interesting just for the sheer extra level of translation.

And until that day comes, there are plenty of Gerard Butler trivia questions on Kwanzoo, a game where absolutely no one is forced to shoot at other people.

:rotflmao: You are so great at writing. I hope that is what you do for a living. I laughed so much at this cool thread. I'll bet you are great at parties!!! You and my daughter Suzy and her life long friend Lisa would have such a good time. And if, as they say, laughter makes you young, I'd be 20 years younger after an afternoon with you three and anybody else that wants to join in from the GALS!

This is the greatest site I have ever seen and been involved with!

You GALS totally Rock,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: YYIW!