Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

1/14 - News Bytes: ... Game

FilmSchoolRejects.com

News Bytes: Crank 2, Underworld 3, Game

Posted on January 14, 2008

by Robert Fure

Collider recently got a chance to chew the ear of Tom Rosenberg, the head of Lakeshore Entertainment, about all the movies they've got coming up. Not an entirely impressive amount of information, but he did talk a little about how "good" Crank was. Now I don't know who out there liked this, but I saw it with two other dudes, and between us we have a wide array of tolerances. None of us liked it, not even the guy who paid money to see Kickin' It Old School.

But Crank 2 is on with the same team behind it and a similar budget. This go round it's supposed to be even "more insane!" Yay. I love action and I love Statham, so we'll wait to pass judgment, but those who saw the first are probably wondering how/why there is a second. Mostly why.

Next up they talk Underworld 3 and the same producer-I-have-to-be-positive bullshit comes out. This a prequel without Kate I'm So Hot You'd Eat My Vomit Beckinsale. It's also a period fantasy piece about vampires and werewo-, sorry, Lycanthropes. Rosenberg also mentions wanting to make a fourth, which would be a prequel, but rather another sequel, picking back up where Underworld: Evolutions left off. Ok….

Third there was mention of the movie Game which I hadn't heard much about. Apparently in the future instead of playing video games, you get to exercise some sort of control over real people and make them kill each other and what not. Like Tron but if everyone was very stabby. The good news is that it stars Gerard Butler, Zoe Bell, and Kyra Sedgwick. That's some pretty decent talent lined up in front of the camera, so let's hope they got something kicking arse. The bad news is the writer/Director team up is the same guys behind Crank, so I'd imagine the budget is low and the film will be the same "style" and all that, which could lead to severe disappointment. Although I'll give you one more plus, its that Rosenberg said it's crazy and makes Crank look tame. So hopefully there is some well done violence, but my hopes are set low.[/b]

So that's the news round up. Head over if you want the word-for-word or an mp3 of the interview should be posted soon at Collider.

News flash to that guy... the budget for GAME is actually quite decent...

~Mel

News flash to that guy... the budget for GAME is actually quite decent...

~Mel

I Hate it when people just make assumptions dont you :(

I personally cant wait to see the movie

I't doesn't matter to me how much money is in the budget as long as GB is in it is all that counts!

I wouldn't care if he was in a Mcdonald's commercial all that matters is he's doing it and doing it well!

:tasty:

LOL -- ATTAGAL!!!

I't doesn't matter to me how much money is in the budget as long as GB is in it is all that counts!

I wouldn't care if he was in a Mcdonald's commercial all that matters is he's doing it and doing it well!

This SO WORKS for me too!! :pant:

FilmSchoolRejects.com

News Bytes: Crank 2, Underworld 3, Game

Posted on January 14, 2008

by Robert Fure

Collider recently got a chance to chew the ear of Tom Rosenberg, the head of Lakeshore Entertainment, about all the movies they've got coming up. Not an entirely impressive amount of information, but he did talk a little about how "good" Crank was. Now I don't know who out there liked this, but I saw it with two other dudes, and between us we have a wide array of tolerances. None of us liked it, not even the guy who paid money to see Kickin' It Old School.

But Crank 2 is on with the same team behind it and a similar budget. This go round it's supposed to be even "more insane!" Yay. I love action and I love Statham, so we'll wait to pass judgment, but those who saw the first are probably wondering how/why there is a second. Mostly why.

Next up they talk Underworld 3 and the same producer-I-have-to-be-positive bullshit comes out. This a prequel without Kate I'm So Hot You'd Eat My Vomit Beckinsale. It's also a period fantasy piece about vampires and werewo-, sorry, Lycanthropes. Rosenberg also mentions wanting to make a fourth, which would be a prequel, but rather another sequel, picking back up where Underworld: Evolutions left off. Ok….

Third there was mention of the movie Game which I hadn't heard much about. Apparently in the future instead of playing video games, you get to exercise some sort of control over real people and make them kill each other and what not. Like Tron but if everyone was very stabby. The good news is that it stars Gerard Butler, Zoe Bell, and Kyra Sedgwick. That's some pretty decent talent lined up in front of the camera, so let's hope they got something kicking arse. The bad news is the writer/Director team up is the same guys behind Crank, so I'd imagine the budget is low and the film will be the same "style" and all that, which could lead to severe disappointment. Although I'll give you one more plus, its that Rosenberg said it's crazy and makes Crank look tame. So hopefully there is some well done violence, but my hopes are set low.[/b]

So that's the news round up. Head over if you want the word-for-word or an mp3 of the interview should be posted soon at Collider.

Aat least he's right about the talent. Hope he knows Gerry is GREAT in ANYTHING. He even makes

horrible scripts and characters wonderful and believable, anybody see "Fast Food?" How WONDERFUL

did he protray that terrible character. I've never seen any character he plays that he didn't bring a

wonderful performance to.

KEEP PLEASING THE FANS GERRY. THE CRITIC'S OPINION DOESN'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING.

THEY DON'T BUY TICKETS. WE'LL LET YOU KNOW IF YOU SHOULD EVERY DISAPPOINT ANY OF

US, LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN!!!!!!

LOL.........Loved that remark and totally agree :)

Meredith

:laugh: OMGosh,

I read the neat comments about the "Game" and everything else. But I am in stitches over the Micky D's one. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tooooooooooooo! I'd watch ANYTHING with Gerry in it!!!!! He'd make anything seem okay to have, buy, or use. The Man Is IT!!! But I agree about the "Crank" movie. I was disppointed too. I like Jason Statham a lot and I loved his first two movies, "Transporter 1 and 2. He was great! And he has a great physique. (not like Gerry's though!)

But, I agree "Crank" was lame. Jason is in a movie set in midaevile(?) times, something about a Castle, not sure the name. But they better show that man's body, like they show all that woman stuff. I am a great lover of the men who are in such great shape, I am not into looking at women's chests. I admire them for being in such great shpae, but I, as a woman, admire the men's shape as much as the men admire the women's shapes. I hope this new movie for Jason is a whole lot better. He is a pretty darn good actor.

Well, I've babbled enough, Love to All :wub:

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: YYIW!

LOL got to agree with this :rotflmao:

Personally think the same.

I must admit that I am not a big fan of action movies and if I will go and see the Game (which I will for sure), the one and only reason will be that Mr. Butler is in it! I hope that at least my boyfriend who is a big action movie fan (and who is still quite reluctant to go and see PSILY with me) will really enjoy all scenes of it.

And as to the budget - if it is not as low as they would let even the stars starve because of lack of money - it is even better if they are able to make a good film with less money, at least they will be able to cover it by box office results safely and nobody will have stupid remarks of the kind of: "His titular work in The Phantom of the Opera had failed to earn back the production's $60 million budget, winding up with a mediocre $51.2 million" any more (I have already written what I think of it and I am sure all of you agree).

I totally agree with all you've said about our great and gorgeous Gerry. You are so right... I love all his movies because He made them worthy. He´s so handsome in "Game". I love this man!!! He's marvellous in PSILY... Here in São Paulo city, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) everybody is enjoying it .

Má :wub:

LOL.........Loved that remark and totally agree :)

Meredith

Meredith,

Please tell me where you got the full face pic of the Red Death Mask!!! I am in sculpture classes at the College and our first project is to make a mask. I thought about making the Red Death mask Our Gerry wore in POTO, but I'll be darned if I can find a full face pic. Only left side or very small pics. I need a large pic to get the details. If you can't help, that's okay.

Love and Hugs to Ya GAL,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: YYIW!

Edited by Joanna