Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
asunta

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE?

Yesterday, one of the ladies on my thread said she wasn't feeling like herself.

I said, joking, then who are you and I realize I had never given it a thought

so here is the question.

If you weren't you and had a choice of any person past or present, who would you be?

You can't say you. You are not an option.

Personally, I'm sitting here trying to think of someone who I admire and would I want

thier lives. You have to take the good and the bad in their lives. If it's someone from

the past, you have to live in that time as well and that cuts out a lot of people. There

are certain times I personally wouldn't want to live in. Remember, you can be male or female.

I truly can't wait to read what you have to say.

Lyn

As of right of this moment, I would be Gerry's costume mistress . . . scratch that . . . leave out the word "costume". :rotflmao:

All joking aside, that is a question that needs to be thought about. There are so many inspirational and heroic women in the past, that it would be sweet to be in their shoes at least for just a day. Definitely have to give this some thought . . .

Wow...this is not an easy question!

OK, maybe it's the Irish rebel in me...but I think I would have loved to be Betsy Ross and lived during the revolutionary war....making the first flag and hiding the making of cannon balls in my secret room in my little tiny house in Phil. That would have been exciting and I bet she got to meet a lot of the forefathers of our country...Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson....

hugs,

Sue

Guest greyeyegoddess

Very interesting topic.

My first reaction would be...no one, because wisdom has taught me that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

But I do think Cleopatra would be interesting or any of the female pharaohs. Or Odysseus' wife, Penelope. Or Moses' birth mother. Very strong women.

~alice

:music:

There are so many fascinating people throughout history that it would be hard to pick just one. I would have to spend a lot of time thinking about it, to be honest. What I do know is that it would have to be someone who held the courage of his/her convictions.

Me? I would soooooooo love to be Lena Headey at this moment now seeing her play the role of Sarah Connor in the new tv series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" because for one thing she is very good at playing strong minded and strong willed women like Gorgo and Sarah for instance.

Paige :wave:

Guest DonnaKat

I want to be Xena: Warrior Princess.

She's tall.

She's gorgeous.

She kicks a**.

She wears leather and looks good in it.

She got to kissy face with Hercules and Ares. :cunning:

Of course, she's also fictional. :confused:

Guest greyeyegoddess

LOL! Donna, honestly, that was my first thought...was to be Xena.

Sharon, there's gotta be one person you'd like to try for a day?

~alice

LOL! Donna, honestly, that was my first thought...was to be Xena.

Sharon, there's gotta be one person you'd like to try for a day?

~alice

Oh, there're lots of them. It's narrowing it down to one that would require me to work so hard.

Princess Alexandra would be a good one ... or Elizabeth I ... or Benjamin Disraeli ... or Miep Giehs. Those are just off the top of my head.

Wow, good question Lyn.

Taking the good with the bad, two women come to mind. Mary Seacole (1805-1881) and Jacqueline Kennedy (1929- 1994).

Their lives couldn't have been more different but I admire each of these women for their determination, grace and fortitude.

They faced arduous circumstances with great strengh of character and very often under the public's watchful eye. I have trouble managing my two little boys. lol

I would very much like to be either one of these incredible ladies, and experiece all of the happiness and heartache that comes with living their lives.

------------------------------------------------

I first learned of Mary Seacole when I was a nursing student many years ago.

Mary was a 'nurse' who learned her craft in Jamaica from her mother and became respected in her own right for her success in treating cholera.

She traveled to Turkey at her own expence to aid the soldiers of the Crimean War.

And although she was met with much resistance due to the cultural prejudices of the time, Mary Seacole did not waver in her spirit or determination.

History often credits Florence Nightengale with caring for soldiers on the battlefields during the Crimean War, however it was Mary Seacole who brought her extraordinary skills to the front lines of battle.

Here's more info on her. http://www.maryseacole.com/maryseacole/pages/aboutmary2.html

Marianne

I think I would have to go with Cleopatra, I've always been fascinated by here ever since I was a kid. Her and Nefretiti.

No question, Hilary Swank.

She's thin, and isn't so beautiful as to not be down to earth.

She's won two oscar's and got to star in a great movie with Gerry.

:hearts:

Well I would love to be someone who lived a good life in addition to a long life. With so much that has happened over the centuries I don't want too much drama, but happiness really. I don't need to be anyone of power, but a good person. So, I guess I would love to be Jane Austen. She died relatively young (42), but her life was so calm and peaceful and she wished happiness for everyone. All of he stories are not about wealthy individuals but about finding love amongst all ranks of society. She was genuine and so gifted and died too soon. I'm such a fan of hers and one day hope to visit her home and visit where she walked just too feel her world. She was a great writer.

Cassie