Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 36th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 33 floors to go to reach 69 again!

I've been trying to figure out a theme for our new floor and after discarding a couple of ideas I realized that our last floor had quite a bit of discussion about tattoos or body art. Well, how about we discuss the ART of Gerry?? I mean has there ever been a greater masterpiece of mankind? Whether we refer to the art of his acting, the art of his humor, the art of his beauty - it is all worthy of its own museum - and how about we let GALS be that museum? So we can each be a curator of this museum - we can hang our favorite examples of the ART of Gerry Butler! And I shall begin with a few examples:

Posted Image

The art of his singing

Posted Image

The art of his smile

Posted Image

The art of his charm

Posted Image

The art of his eyes

Posted Image

The art of Gerry in black and white

Posted Image

The art of his physique

Posted Image

The art of That Moment

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Gerry is so a work of art. Like the David, :smileydavid: only better. :rotflmao: But maybe someday he'll be as famous!

I just saw 27 Dresses. It is so cute! I tried to talk the girls into seeing PSILY instead, but they weren't listening. Oh well. There was one part, where the guy says, "Get over here," and I totally thought of the "Get into these arms, you!" little pic.

Just saw this: :sickflu: Yeah, that's how I feel, so I'm going to SLEEP!

Night, all.

~Amber~

This man is a complete work of art! Have you studied his profile? his eyes? his smile? his HANDS? his long legs?... and if just that weren't enough, what about how he uses it all!!! No wonder we poor females get GALS. Personally, I enjoy the syndrome.

:drooldrum:

Personally i think his Voice is a work of art.As considering where he is from.He has his accent to a tee lol

This man is a complete work of art! Have you studied his profile? his eyes? his smile? his HANDS? his long legs?... and if just that weren't enough, what about how he uses it all!!! No wonder we poor females get GALS. Personally, I enjoy the syndrome.

:drooldrum:

Yes, I studied them last night in my dreams. The best night I've had in a LONG, LONG time. I'm telling you, one Gerry dream after another. (Or maybe it was just one, long continuous dream) :heat: I enjoy the syndrome, also. :wub:

Guest DonnaKat

Good morning everyone! I'm sitting in my bed on my laptop, wishing my toilet in my master bath worked so I could use it. Not that I'm too lazy to walk my happy butt to the other bathroom...it's just that as soon as I open my bedroom door, the cats will expect to be fed and watered (gee, I made them sound like plants :lol: ). Anywho....

Sorry to those I couldn't chat with last night. I don't know what was going on, but it kept booting me out and not letting me back in. The last time I got booted, I couldn't even get back on the forum. :crybaby: I was mad too, cuz I was looking forward to chatting with y'all. But since that wasn't going to happen, I just went to bed.

Jo, I'm happy you had a good night. As for me, I dreamed of my parents and family arguments (insert big eye roll smiley here). :p

Well, I guess I better go tend to my cats...and other things. ;)

Edited by DonnaKat

IN THE GALS ART MUSEUM, IN THE WING KNOWN AS

" :fook: " ART OF GB HANGS THIS MASTERPIECE

Posted Image

DLSPBS - PAT :rose:

:behave:

Edited by DLSPBS

Donna, Sorry to hear about your night. I think mine was from lack of Gerry for 2 days. I may have to do that more often to get the benefits. :cunning:

Quick question...In the gallery there are some ecards and I was wondering about the one of the little girl kissing "Gerry". Can anyone tell me who did it because I wanted to use it as a second avatar for Valentine's Day? I hope it will work. Thanks!!

I dont think i have had any gerry dreams :crybaby:

Edited by Scottish_lass_GB_style

Maybe I'm bored???

WARNING: Link may not be suitable for work!

This is priceless...

This is cute...

:lol:

I'm gonna go play over there.

Edited by Abrock
Link warning... MUST I constantly be the mature MOD? *sheesh* ;)

Those Muglets are absolutely absurd! And very funny. It's like that Elf thing that went around at Christmas.

I went to a Sunday service at a care center in my neighborhood, and the people there are SO cute! The little old man next to me kept falling asleep, it was so funny. They are so fun to be around, because they're all so innocent and cute! Ha ha.

Just a drive by ... only 2 months til our webhost fee is due. I'm just sayin...

Lishous, those were great! I love the one of Brayan!

:rotflmao: My gosh, Lish, my dad walked into the room the second I clicked on your streaking Muglet! I had to close it, quickly! *don't want to corrupt him* :rotflmao:

Paige: I'll miss ya. :wub:

I'm such a lazy bum, I slept in until noon! Unlike Mel, I really hate this time of year because it is so dark and this year the sun has decided to take a vacation. We only see it a few minutes a day. :fook: Seasonal Affected Disorder!

I'm finishing my class this week, hopefully. I can't wait to be FREE from school!

Mousie :wub:

Guest greyeyegoddess

LOL!!! Mousie...well if it makes you feel any better...I locked my keys in the car for the SECOND time THIS WEEK! But this time I didn't know it. I had been frantically looking since last night. Even during chat, I was on and off looking for my keys. When I first got my vehicle, I made 3 extra keys and no one seems to know where they are anymore. So now, I have to go tomorrow and make a key to stash at work, where I locked my keys last time, one for home, and extras for my family members to have when I'm locked out of work or home.

~alice

:music:

I have a problem, GALS. My sister needs a service dog, and we've borrowed one for two months, but we can't afford to buy him. I want to do something, to see if I can raise money to buy him for her. But I don't have much time, and I don't know what to do!!! Any ideas???

Gee I'm sorry to hear that Sweetie...Aren't there agencys that lend these kind of dogs for those that cant afford them? Did you check on line? I'm sorry I'm not much help...If only I were rich!!! :tantrum:

Lish....Too funny! You learn something new everyday.... Never knew about these little diddies!

Had to come out of photoimpact for some fresh air...and of course to say :wave: to all my galfriends!

Also I was a good wife today and made my DH a big Sunday dinner with all the trimmings. I must confess...I haven't done that in a while....*I'm bad* Also I'm trying to finish all my books that i've been reading for a dogs age. I am so much more relaxed now that I finally have a home. Broke! But happy....

Loving all the cute Valentine sigs. Kat ....too cute! It is very creative as Alice said...

Going to jump around the site a few and back to a book for a while ...I think!

BTW ...Spot....got your "message" :laugh: Will see what I can do next week. If I have to beg borrow or steal...supporting Gals is at the top of my list!

{{{{HUGS}}} Galfriends...SGD!

:kiss: Fran

LOL!!! Mousie...well if it makes you feel any better...I locked my keys in the car for the SECOND time THIS WEEK! But this time I didn't know it. I had been frantically looking since last night. Even during chat, I was on and off looking for my keys. When I first got my vehicle, I made 3 extra keys and no one seems to know where they are anymore. So now, I have to go tomorrow and make a key to stash at work, where I locked my keys last time, one for home, and extras for my family members to have when I'm locked out of work or home.

~alice

Alice, if I may make a suggestion: Make a door key for your car and slip it into an unused slot in your wallet. I have locked my keys in the car, but I have never locked my purse in there. I have also locked myself out of my house, so I had a keypad put in for my garage door and there is a house key stashed in the garage. Hey, at my age, you have to be prepared for "CRAFT" (Can't Remember A Fookin Thing"!)

Suzie

Hey all!!! What a busy day - my best friends' sister is on the run (loooong story) and we had to empty the storage unit today - only my best friend lives in Illinois. So, it was me and the sister's best friend doing all the work. Lord, we brought new meaning to the phrase, "What are best friends for?!" Anyway, it wiped me out (my Epstein-Barr isn't completely gone yet) but I'm feeling so much better now - I slept.

Donna, you find the best stuff!! So hysterical!

Paige, no on has a bigger mouth than me, and I have lost jobs because of it. Whatever happened, sweetie, it will blow over. Please don't leave us . . .

Alice, the one and only year I had AAA I locked my keys in the car probably about 10 times that year. They only do four for free . . . I sooo sympathize!!!

MA, I hope you figure out an answer, hon. I miss my doggie so much . . .

Well, I'm feeling very lonely tonight, so I need me some Gerry!!! As such . . . let the Gerry lovin' continue!!! Here are my contributions to our art gallery:

Posted Image

The art of the award placement.

Posted Image

The art of the spread.

Posted Image

The art of the drag.

Posted Image

The art of chest peakage.

Posted Image

The art of the gaze.

Posted Image

The art of the snog.

Posted Image

The art of the LIPS.

Posted Image

The art of the LIPS Part Deux (you know how much I love his lips).

Posted Image

The art of the pout.

This is fun!!! Enjoy, ladies!!!!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Guest greyeyegoddess

Susan, I had three copies...couldn't find them either. :laugh: The first time that I locked the keys, my purse and phone were in there, so keeping a copy in my wallet wouldn't have done me any good. But that's what I pay AAA for right? :lol:

I have one of those keychains that you can lock your car without the key. The problem...which might have stemmed from my laptop being stolen last year, is that sometimes the driver's door doesn't lock with the keychain. So, I've gotten into the habit of locking the driver's door by hand. I thought I was being clever by throwing my keys in my purse on the passenger's seat, so I could take everything out on the passenger's side, but I realized too late that I had locked all the doors when I went to get gas, during lunch earlier that day. Another habit I got into.

Yesterday, my keys just fell out somewhere in the back, but I had never gone into the back of my van. All my groceries and shopping were on the front seats. It was just weird, but yeah, I will be making enough copies to make sure I cover my bases.

At least I know that my car alarm works. Each time AAA came to open the car, the alarm went off.

~alice