Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Happy Wednesday evening to you ladies. Lots of things going on within the board in the two days I've been out of the SC. Whew! Lots of Oscar talk which is interesting. I have watched the Oscars every year since I was about 12 yrs. old. EVERY year. This is the only year where I think I may not watch hit at all. If I knew that Gerry was a guarantee presenter then I may consider it, but nope, at this point I have no desire to watch it. I'm sick of the politics behind it and the ridiculous snubs of deserving performances. And I will NEVER understand how you can give kudos to a film and nominate it for Best Picture, but give no nod to the director, the actress or the leading actor. I mean WTF is up w/that. I would rather you not do it any favors and ignore it completely than to do that.

I know there are a lot of George C. fans on here, but to be honest I don't care for the guy and I could really give a rats behind on what he has to say about the writer strike. I told my hubby over the phone the other day when he called me from work and he was watching E! I said that those celebrities don't really care because they're set up and they're using the time to go on vacations and shop. Soon as I said this he was like watching Lucy Lu on some show saying she might as well take some time off so she's vacationing in Europe. Do I care. No! I do wish the strike was over and we can get back to our normal broadcasting, but it doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon. Too many stubborn people in the kitchen to make this work.

Moon - Please keep us posted. Big hugs to you. Think postive... :kisswink:

Swannie - See a doctor please. Have you tried acupuncture? My girlfriend was an insominiac for the longest time and one day went to an acupunturist and she sleeps fine now. Who knew? Do you sleep w/a humidifier? Sounds simple but sometimes the sound of the bubbling water helps you to sleep. It sure help my little guy last night. He couldn't breathe (sick) and just hot and we put that humidifier on and he was sawing logs within 10 mins. Good luck...

Okay girls, I'm off to watch a bit of American Idol, search the net and watch my Project Runway. I'm so uncomfortable right now. I ate a lot of linguine w/meatballs that I made for dinner and it's hitting me now. Oi!

Cassie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moonie - saying a prayer for you.

Mousie, Joanna and everyone else - when I posted about not dwelling on the "what ifs" I didn't mean that to be directed at anyone in particular but to everyone in general. There probably isn't one of us who didn't have those thoughts or worries about Gerry when we saw the announcement about Heath. It's just that the thread was beginning to focus on those terrible "what ifs" and I just hoped to turn it to the positives. I'm a firm believer in NOT always looking for the worst case scenario (unless I'm trying to protect my company from a potential risk). I try to stay in the "now" and focus on what is good and grand and wonderful.

Tis okey dokey ~Susan. :wub: Sometimes I have to be reminded that I'm going overboard. But, thank you for understanding and you are right, it was getting too sad. I just thank God for Gerry everyday! He is sooooooo cute! Yummmmmm Yummmm, I love your avatars. Am trying to get both of Gerry with His foot coming thru the door and also that tummy roll!!!! OMGosh, that is so to die for!!! :tasty:

Love and Hugs to ALL,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug:

Thank you Alice, I wouldn't want to be a downer, I'm sorry if I was.

Just got some bad news, but you know, what can I do, if I linger on it, that doesn't do me any good.

But it does kind of hit you when a doctor does tell you that there's a possibility that sometime in your life there may come a time when you won't be able to eat solid food anymore.

But that's a big giant MAYBE others have had what I do and they eat until the day they die, so I'm not focusing on that at all.

Sweet Moonie, :metoyou:

I'm sorry about the bad news potential. But Us GALS are all here for you when you need us and no repercussions. Prayers are being said NOW. :wub:

Love and Hugs Baby Girl,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: YYIW!

Wheeee! I can quote people out of context!!! :pointy:

This should be fun... :funnyface:

:flee: now we're in for it....erm...what was the name of the song that Gerry stripped to? YEAH...that one...kinda reminds me of our dear sweet Donna! (just kidding dear) :rotflmao:

You should be getting a package in the mail I think by tomorrow~

hugs,

Sue

It's times like these you learn to live again

It's times like these you give and give again

It's times like these you learn to love again

It's time like these

Time and time again...

Foo Fighters

Moonie - Posted Image

We love you, girlie!!!

Swannie - Like everyone else, I'm worried for you. PLEASE call the doctor!!!!

Good news! I had my post-observation evaluation today, and my principal, who I think hates me, actually gave me a pretty good eval. I still don't think I'll be asked back next year, but at least I got a better eval than last time! Next Monday is the third observation and then eval again. So, I'm actually pretty happy with myself today. :D

Love to everyone!!!

Lisa

One of my buds on another site posted this picture. Isn't it gorgeous. The curiousity w/them is just adorable.

~click to enlarge~

Posted Image

Cassie

It's time like these

Time and time again...

Foo Fighters

That song got me through when my husband left me!! It was the ONLY song that I found solace from! I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. What a great song!!!!! Thanks for the reminder, Mel!

:heat:

Gerry is so a work of art. Like the David, :smileydavid: only better. :rotflmao: But maybe someday he'll be as famous!

I just saw 27 Dresses. It is so cute! I tried to talk the girls into seeing PSILY instead, but they weren't listening. Oh well. There was one part, where the guy says, "Get over here," and I totally thought of the "Get into these arms, you!" little pic.

Just saw this: :sickflu: Yeah, that's how I feel, so I'm going to SLEEP!

Night, all.

~Amber~

OMGosh Amber,

This is fate!!! I just bought a book about the making of the statue of David and it has all the detail work in it on how the statue was made and the complete detale work of the hands and body. My friend, James put me on to it for my sculpture of Gerry's Body! James said from what I have shown him of Gerry's King Leo pics, the statue of David would be a perfect model for Gerry's sculpture. I am practicing with the clay and I have found a guy that does detailed sculpture such as I am going to make of Gerry! I want to get the face as well as the body in as much detail as possible so it looks like Gerry. Of course Gerry's statue will have a bathing suit on, or at least pants. (DARN).

I have not gotten to see PSILY yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am dying here!!!! My adopted daughter wants to go see it and she is leaving for Mexico with my real(?) daughter tomorrow and begged me to wait 'til she gets back and wants to take me. My own daughter isn't interested and I don't want her to go, because I"m going to cry when Gerry dies! Already got my box of Puffs Plus. And she will try not to laugh, but she will. She thinks this 'crush' will pass! My Grand Baby said, "never happen Auntie, she's loved this guy for eleven years and is still going strong!!!"

Well, Love and Hugs to Ya All, :wub:

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: YYIW!

Edited by Joanna

:rotflmao:

This man is a complete work of art! Have you studied his profile? his eyes? his smile? his HANDS? his long legs?... and if just that weren't enough, what about how he uses it all!!! No wonder we poor females get GALS. Personally, I enjoy the syndrome.

:drooldrum:

It's All there in 'perfect harmony'. :heat: I tell you GALS, the words for Gerry are, the EPITOME of AWESOME!!!!!!! :cheer2:

EVERY BIT of Him is absolutely PERFECT and He does it all perfectly!!!! I don't think He could do anything not perfectly. But then, I idolize Him beyond words.

God Love the Man. :wub:

AOGjoanna :tasty:

Moonie - We love you, girlie!!!

Swannie - Like everyone else, I'm worried for you. PLEASE call the doctor!!!!

Good news! I had my post-observation evaluation today, and my principal, who I think hates me, actually gave me a pretty good eval. I still don't think I'll be asked back next year, but at least I got a better eval than last time! Next Monday is the third observation and then eval again. So, I'm actually pretty happy with myself today. :D

Love to everyone!!!

Lisa

You Go Girl!!!! :wub: :cheer2::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

and by the way, where are all the bouquets coming from???

Hugs, AOGJoanna

Edited by Susan~Sporran
to remove quoted picture - please see guidelines

That pic of the Deer is fookin' adorable!!!

Joanna, I still have to SEE PSILY for the sirdt time. It's not playing within an hour of me as of right now. I'm hoping it eventually comes here...

Thank you all my sweet sweet Gals for your hugs and prayers, I'll keep you posted, the next necessary test isn't for a few months, so I'll tell you all about that..it should be fun, it's a tube they put down your throat to gage the pressure, you have to talk, eat, breathe, etc..while it's there.

You all rock my world, you know that right?!

And AND, Lisa, congrats on the evaluation.

Gerry, well, he is like the David, believe it or not, there are a few imperfections in it in the scale of it, but from the view, it looks perfect, and that sort of reminds me of Gerry, he may not be "perfect" because we all have a fault or two, we're human after all..but it's those that actually make him perfect. I adore him for every perfection and imperfection, for they make up the tapestry that is Gerry.

It's time like these

Time and time again...

Foo Fighters

That song got me through when my husband left me!! It was the ONLY song that I found solace from! I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. What a great song!!!!! Thanks for the reminder, Mel!

Wow... that's very cool! I mean, not cool about that time in your life, but that I was listening to it and had the urge to post the lyrics...

:hugs:

~Mel

Moonie, I just tried to send you a PM but you are full my dear (not just feeling full...you ARE full!)

Botox....that's what I wanted to tell you....my manicurist's dad had something similiar and they gave him injections of botox (over 20 years ago...long before it was used for cosmetic surgery).....just a thought!!!

hugs,

Sue

Hi all! Just read every single page and laughed, worried, teared up and the whole shabang! That's another reason I come here! you guys keep me right! Had to go to the bar cause our Karaoke guy got a new machine and wanted to test it out tonight. On Hump night of all nights! Anyway...he didn't charge us so I figured why not....You all know that Gerbear loves Karaoke so I'm expecting him to walk in any time now! :wub: Don't I wish!!!!!!

Swannie....I suffered with insomnia for a whole lot of years and have taken every sleeping pill ever put on the market....and I hate taken stuff like that but after I started getting worried about addiction I just went back to staying awaketil sleep took over! Anyway....after a while I didn't have anything for pain one night so my son-in-law gave me a Tylenol PM....I swear it wasn't long after I took it but I went to sleep and didn't even wake up groggy! I'm not saying it would work the same way for you or don't know if you've ever tried it but just thought I would share that with you just in case... I feel for you Sweetie cause I still suffer myself sometimes...

Paige....All is well Sweetheart and BTW....the saying goes we're not older....we're just wiser! :kisswink:

and we are wise enough to know what a Sweetie you are so STOP worrying and for Heavens sake stay with us girl...some of us need your young blood around here! {Cepting you young'uns} :laugh:

As far as Heath Ledger...........

It breaks my heart when I see any young person die so needlessly no matter who they are. I did hear that it was a mixture of meds as far as they know and don't think at this point it was suicide.... Just a freak accident! I've seen the times I worry about my sister and my mother cause they take so much medicine that sometimes I wonder how they keep it straight....especially my mom!

Moonie....my friend ....I'm sorry I didn't even know you were having medical problems....I've been without internet for a while so please know that you will surely be in my thoughts and prayers Hon. Sending as much positive energy that I can muster up your way.....

Gotta take a quick run thru the site and then answer some PM's galfriends. Big ole squishey {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you all.....and SGD!

:wave: Fran

Edited by ladyfran
Guest DonnaKat

Wheeee! I can quote people out of context!!! :pointy:

This should be fun... :funnyface:

:flee: now we're in for it....erm...You should be getting a package in the mail

See? :rotflmao:

I can't wait for my....package. :lol:

Hey all

Just wanted to do a pop in, let everyone know I still do breathe lmao and am actually walking ok now (let's credit physiotherapy three days a week for that) Gerry seems to be doing quite well, I miss all of you here, but don't seem to be able to find my muse lately. Donna, that be my valentine siggy is just hilarious...and kinda scary too lmao!!! I'm so very heart-broken over Heath Ledger, to think he was three years younger than I and now he's gone, so tragic...and 10 things I hate about you is a film I really like. So how is everyone? What's new etc?

Abs, you out there somewhere, Zany??? how 'bout you?

Hugs

Dawn

Hi Dawn! It's good to hear that your leg is healing. How is the prognosis for getting back to your horses? So sorry to hear your muse is missing, and hope it returns. Hope you will pop in more often, just to say hi and let us know you are OK (or even if you aren't feeling so OK, maybe a little of the Gerry Juice in this place will help). Sending a big hug your way.

Sue, that's the treatment that I have to go for..imagine a needle full of that being injected into your stomach..oh joy. I really don't want to even think about it, because I don't want to think about how many times I may end up having to have it done, so why don't we just forget about that part.

So....let's get back to some fun stuff.

p.s. Fran..NO WORRIES..believe me, this has been going on for a little while..so no big deal about missing anything!!

Edited by moonglow

Take care dear Galfriend, my prayers are with you to speed you through the trauma ahead, God give you peace and comfort from pain.

Hugs,

Anna XPosted Image