Gerard Butler GALS

Not that I'm aware, but then again, I'm not the best source to go to about these things. :smile:

For those inquiring minds that want to know, we got confirmation that the package was delivered to the studio he was filming at in Montreal, however, we do not have confirmation that he received it or heard it, to my knowledge.

I am inclined to think he didn't receive it because he has been so generous in the past in notifying the different sites of gifts received. As far as I know, Dr. Em hasn't had any correspondence from Camp Gerry that it was received. Sorry!!! :confused:

I too, would love to know what he thought of it.

I was told that Gerry personally picked up any packages that were delivered for him at the studio. He was getting a lot of gifts there, epecially for his birthday and then for Christmas, so that may be why no confirmation or acknowledgement was received. The more popular he gets the less likely it will be that he is able to give confirmation of gifts he receives. His video message in Glasgow gave a generalized thank you for all the wonderful gifts he has received from fans. I would tend to believe he received it, probably has listened to it, and was very moved and touched by it even if we never hear it from him.

Thank you for the kind words Susan. I wasn't aware of the content of his video message in Scotland, so your post makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking he actually has seen and listened the the CD.

I have such mixed emotions about his growing popularity. I wish him great success and the recognition that is due him, however, I also mourn the idea that he will be so busy and in such great demand, that he will be unable to continue his kind and caring ways toward his devoted fans. I guess we can't have it both ways.

I don't look at him as changing his caring way towards his fans, but rather just a matter of numbers. If, conservatively, he received 200 gifts between birthday and Christmas (and I would bet the numbers are larger than that) and he was filming during all that time except for a little time off to spend with his family, it would be impossible for him to send any sort of acknowledgement to each person or group of fans.

In January I sent the postcard book I had done (with cards from fans all over the world) to him at the studio. I knew it was signed for there, and I didn't expect anything in the way of acknowledgement. I did ask someone who would be speaking to him to ask him if he did in fact get it and I got confirmation that he did. There are people who think I should get something from him, whether a note, an email, a call. I keep telling them I do not for a second expect any of that from him. All I needed to know was that the book was in his hands so I could assure those who had sent cards that he had them.

I hope that helps put it in a better, more positive perspective. I know how much people would love to hear from Gerry that he got a gift that you put your heart into, but he would have to acknowledge some and not others, and I'm sure that would bother him even more. :rose:

I was told that Gerry personally picked up any packages that were delivered for him at the studio. He was getting a lot of gifts there, epecially for his birthday and then for Christmas, so that may be why no confirmation or acknowledgement was received. The more popular he gets the less likely it will be that he is able to give confirmation of gifts he receives. His video message in Glasgow gave a generalized thank you for all the wonderful gifts he has received from fans. I would tend to believe he received it, probably has listened to it, and was very moved and touched by it even if we never hear it from him.

Took the words righ' outta mah mouth, Susan...thanks! :smile: Ditto to your second post. Popularity does come with a hefty price, but doggonit, this man needs to be more well-known! :cool:

Thanks for everyone's responses. I'm glad that you were able to find out that the book reached his hands. I'm sure the CD probably did to then. I'm glad you had someone in GerryCamp to confirm the book was indeed received by Himself. :stranger:

I agree that he is entitled to his privacy and time with his family. He is a very selfless person, even when others haven't been kind to him, (from what I've read in much earlier posts). I don't expect him to change his personality, just speculating that he may be so overwhelmed that the personal gestures he as made in the past may not be possible in the future. I never in a million years thought that he could reply to anyone on the CD. I am very regretful if I left anyone with that idea. I, too, was only curious if the CD made it to it's intended destination. I cannot begin to imagine the types and number of gitfts that he must receive. Secondly, I can't even imagine what he would do with them all. He probably needed another suitcase to take it all with him when he left Canada. I wonder if he has a place where he keeps stuff? :confused:

I have plenty of space for storage so I'd be glad to keep some of it for him at no charge, as long as he stops by once in awhile to visit it (and me). Also, I only WISH I had someone in Gerry's camp - I just asked the right person at the right moment to be able to get an answer. I wouldn't want to leave the impression that I know how to find out those things any more than anyone else because sadly I do not :confused: .

I have plenty of space for storage so I'd be glad to keep some of it for him at no charge, as long as he stops by once in awhile to visit it (and me). Also, I only WISH I had someone in Gerry's camp - I just asked the right person at the right moment to be able to get an answer. I wouldn't want to leave the impression that I know how to find out those things any more than anyone else because sadly I do not :confused: .

Suz-you crack me up. He can get into my drawers anytime too!!! :cunning:

Susan-I most definately understand, you would be slammed with requests trying to get to The Man!!! That information is better than gold. I, too, would throw out everything in my closets to replace it with anything Gerry, especially if he drops by frequently. Hey, now there's a trendy idea. World Wide Gerry Storage. Could earn a few bucks and get a chance to meet Him!! Oh well, can't blame a GAL for dreaming. :lol:

I can't believe I neglected to post here!

Better late than never.

The song I chose for Gerry was "Bring Me To Life" by EVANESCENCE

Wake me up inside

(Save me)

call my name and save me from the dark

(Wake me up)

Bid my blood to run

(I can’t wake up)

Before I come undone

(Save me)

Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Your works wakes me up inside and makes me want to fight for what I dream.

Before I submit to the hells of a harsh reality, you bid my blood to run, and make me never want to give up.

You save me everyday..

And not just you, but these warm wonderful women I have come to know as my friends here at GALS.

Just like I told you on the phone, Gerry.

We come together because we love you, but stay together because we love each other.

Thank you always.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy